saw 8 is green lit..............

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

good thing i jumped off the wagon after the second film because i hear they really went downhill after it.

Lionsgate is now reportedly developing an eighth Saw film, based on the torture-horror series created by James Wan and Leigh Whannell. This will be the first Saw to come out since 2010's Saw 3D.

The Saw films used to dominate the Halloween movie market, with a new installment coming out almost every year. But after Saw 3D, it was Paramount's Paranormal Activity series that took over the month of October (until this year, of course).

But according to Bloody Disgusting, Lionsgate is hoping to change that by putting a new spin on the Saw franchise. The studio is in no rush to meet an October release, however, and it sounds like they're keen on waiting for a suitable take. There was chatter about a remake at one point, but insiders say they'd rather just continue the series with Saw 8.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/05/another-saw-movie-in-the-works?abthid=5279644dc92200de6b000017

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, the Saw movies could be really good if they just took the time to make them. The yearly released Saws made the franchise go down hill. But I'm glad to hear its a continuation instead of a remake. I'm sick to death of remakes and reboots.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TazzMission

Yea, the Saw movies could be really good if they just took the time to make them. The yearly released Saws made the franchise go down hill. But I'm glad to hear its a continuation instead of a remake. I'm sick to death of remakes and reboots.

see what made the first one so good was the story. 2 in a sense continued it but i stopped after those and heard nothing but bad things about 3-7. if im going to see a movie for 12 bucks at the theatre i want a story not a gore fest

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 King_Saturn  Online

You gotta be Kidding me... I mean I saw the Last One and it seemed like that was a Fitting Ending to the entire series... Why must they keep going ?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You gotta be Kidding me... I mean I saw the Last One and it seemed like that was a Fitting Ending to the entire series... Why must they keep going ?

because people are stupid enough to pay the money to see that piece of shit. thats why i hate hollywood now because its all remakes 30 year old sequels way past there prime and awful sequels to awful franchises like saw. what i dont get is how does anybody in hollywood not have a new idea? why do you think super hero films are becoming more involved and are so dearly loved? because its something in a sense new . think back to the 70's 80's and 90's all we had was superman and batman. now we have iron man avengers thor wonder woman ( hopefully) xmen and the list go's on.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I always say people in the US get off on seeing other people die. So of course, said people are willing to pay for it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Wow, I thought this series was dead...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Ah Jesus.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

because people are stupid enough to pay the money to see that piece of shit. thats why i hate hollywood now because its all remakes 30 year old sequels way past there prime and awful sequels to awful franchises like saw. what i dont get is how does anybody in hollywood not have a new idea? why do you think super hero films are becoming more involved and are so dearly loved? because its something in a sense new . think back to the 70's 80's and 90's all we had was superman and batman. now we have iron man avengers thor wonder woman ( hopefully) xmen and the list go's on.

Well, I mean they already did make Seven of them Muthafackas... I guess they can completely sh!t on the series and make another one.

shrugs

@xwraith said:

@king_saturn said:

I always say people in the US get off on seeing other people die. So of course, said people are willing to pay for it.

I guess... though I did enjoy the first seven films for the most part... I just thought the ending to Saw 3D was about as good as your going to get for a Horror Film Franchise of that caliber... or lack thereof I should say.

:P