Saudi Arabia makes possession of a Bible a capital crime

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

As I have frequently observed on this blog, there are some things that couldn't be made up even if you tried to do so- case in point a news report that Saudi Arabia is to make possession of a Bible and other religious literature a capital crime( ie punishable by death).

Am I the only one to be amused by attempts by the Kingdom and other members of the OIC( Organization of islamic States) to make "defamation or insult" of a religions( ie Islam) a "crime" in international law.

Seems to me that to quote the Bible, Saudi leaders should take the beam out of their own eyes before focusing in the mote of the West's eyes- ie so called "Islamophobia" or is this observation itself "Islamophobic"???

Anybody think as I do?

Terry

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1  Edited By Hayden86

Teeth of lions rule the divine.

Fear driven old world superstitions.

And yes very hypocritical.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There is so much wrong with that country, this is just more of the same. I understand why the Americans feel they have to deal with them but as a whole, their royalty and ruling class are horrid and despicable. I hope they run out of oil sooner rather than later, followed quickly by the other nations similar to them.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And here I was thinking that Saudi Arabia was different than the others. That's what I get for only looking at the bright cities.
yet another reason I am glad to live in the United States.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mandarinestro

Saudi Arabia is so full of hypocrisy. They do this but they're too scared to even raise a word in favour of Palestine, not that I'm supporting Palestine anyway.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

What else is new?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ball of confusion.

Beata

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

And here I was thinking that Saudi Arabia was different than the others. That's what I get for only looking at the bright cities.

Saudi Arabia is sadly one of the most conservative counties on the planet, and is in more than one regard worse than Iran even when it was represented by that lunatic they had before.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing new here.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Cream_God

Who cares, they got oil!

No Caption Provided

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mandarinestro
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Like living without complying to all these rules wasn't hard enough. That's religion for you, individualism is non-existent here. Similar case with most other Muslim countries. Some of them, for instance- Saudi Arabia, are doomed either way, religion or not. Muslims and their religious extremism is sickening.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure the US still considers Saudi Arabia an ally. Dat oil.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is sad, to possess a book is punishable by death? Welcome to humanity.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Superguy1591

Who cares, they got oil!

No Caption Provided

We'll invade your country if you have poor human rights, unless you sell us oil for cheap, then...

No Caption Provided

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, it wasn't long ago that America and most of the West punished people for "defaming the bible" we're just lucky that secularism won out in the end.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mandarinestro

@cgoodness said:

Who cares, they got oil!

No Caption Provided

We'll invade your country if you have poor human rights, unless you sell us oil for cheap, then...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd assume that was already a thing there.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Pretty sure the US still considers Saudi Arabia an ally. Dat oil.

Dat... and that the alternative is Iran :)

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I think Iran is a better country than Saudi Arabia.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24 frozen  Moderator

And in other news: a Saudi Prince is #2 owner of FOX News!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@frozen said:

And in other news: a Saudi Prince is #2 owner of FOX News!

Loading Video...

Benvolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience: Saudi is much more moderate than Iran, and it's much richer also. Iran isn't backing down whenever stuff with Israel blows, Saudi is.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 King_Saturn  Online

And to think that Islam is such a Religion of Peace... Yet, one of the Nations that have the Faith in it Predominantly is willing to Kill People over a Religious Text that was Key into Jumpstarting their own Religion... the Muslims believe in the same Deity that the Christians do... now they are willing to kill people over a Religious Text.

Shame on You

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benvolio: I disagree. Or at least am skeptical of that viewpoint until you give me a reason why. I think the U.S. wants you to believe that Iran is more radical, when in reality they aren't more radical then Saudi Arabia is. The thing about Iran is that they won't do what they're told, and it pisses those in the West that think they're in charge of everything.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ChillxPill

@king_saturn: God of The Bible and Allah are not the same.. if they were "the same" there wouldn't be distinct differences that say otherwise.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

@chillxpill said:

@king_saturn: God of The Bible and Allah are not the same.. if they were "the same" there wouldn't be distinct differences that say otherwise.

That's a Load of Garbage...

The Arabs used the word Allah for GOD even before Islam existed. Even the Christians who was of Arab descent would use Allah to describe GOD.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ChillxPill

@king_saturn: Your point?

Christians and Muslims do not serve the same deity, end of story.

Prove it? Instead of just proclaiming something that's false, do the research yourself instead of playing this "who is right and who's wrong" game here. You're on the Internet so use it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

@chillxpill said:

@king_saturn: Your point?

Christians and Muslims do not serve the same deity, end of story.

Prove it? Instead of just proclaiming something that's false, do the research yourself instead of playing this "who is right and who's wrong" game here. You're on the Internet so use it.

My Point is that Allah is an Arabic Word for GOD it's existed even before Islam was around and the Christians of Arabic descent used it to describe GOD ( Supreme Deity ).

Yes You Do... You may not believe it... or maybe you don't like the fact that you serve the same GOD who apparently has followers who behead non believers and fly planes into buildings... but guess what ? Even the Ku Klux Klan was Christians and those White Men did horrible things to Black People and would proclaim they love Jesus.

I already did the research... I can't help that you go to some Christian Apologetic site and believe everything those suckas tell you.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

@king_saturn:

I use the word dad when I talk about my father. I heard another guy I never met call his father "Dad," the other day. Clearly, my father and his father are the same man because you can't use the same word to describe two different entities. I just don't know how to tell my dad I know his dirty little secret.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 King_Saturn  Online

@batwatch said:

@king_saturn:

I use the word dad when I talk about my father. I heard another guy I never met call his father "Dad," the other day. Clearly, my father and his father are the same man because you can't use the same word to describe two different entities. I just don't know how to tell my dad I know his dirty little secret.

Bad Analogy... because in the case of the Fathers both entities can be verified as existing as two different entities as they are physically present... in the case of this Creator GOD you are dealing with an Invisible Entity who you can't see and can only verify by the Testimony of the People themselves. So if person a says that Allah is GOD and person b says Yahweh is GOD... how do you tell the difference especially considering they both exist as the same functioning constructs that can not be physically verified. Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Spirit Beings.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36 frozen  Moderator

Where is the source for the OP's claim?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: @frozen:

I think he accidentally erased it but closest one I can find is this. Though i doubt it will suffice...

http://listverse.com/2012/11/12/top-10-everyday-things-banned-in-saudi-arabia/

But having been raised in a country where it's basically legal for Muslim communities to close down churches on their own law and openly atheist people have been sentenced to prison, I won't be surprised if this actually happened.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Bible-Quran: Different.

Christianity-Islam: Different.

"God" - "Allah": The same.. Yea that makes no sense.

How christianity describes God and how the Quran describes Allah shows the distinct difference that makes Christianity different than Islam.

Obviously you didn't, but I can't help someone that just believes his own opinions and labels them fact.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn: Bible-Quran: Different.

Christianity-Islam: Different.

"God" - "Allah": The same.. Yea that makes no sense.

How christianity describes God and how the Quran describes Allah shows the distinct difference that makes Christianity different than Islam.

Obviously you didn't, but I can't help someone that just believes his own opinions and labels them fact.

1. So what the Bible is different than the Quran ? The Empire Strikes Back is a different movie from Return of the Jedi but is not the same Darth Vader who is in Empire Strikes Back the same Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi ? Just because there are different story book about GOD does not mean they are speaking of a different Deity.

2. Only on a few different things... both Christians and Muslims believe in a Supreme Creator GOD... both Christians and Muslims acknowledge the Prophets and Forerunners of Old such as Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, King David, Abraham and so on. That alone should tell you something.

3. Allah means GOD... they are not different as in the term Allah itself means the very thing that you believe in and worship. Also, Muslims believe in a GOD who created everything and who was with Abraham and Moses and Elijah and so on... just like Christians do.

4. No it does not... The Bible describes GOD as an All Knowing, All Powerful, Spirit Being... well so does The Quran.

5. You are in Denial... both Christians and Muslims worship the same God. Getting Bent out of shape about it because you can't prove it is not the way to go.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cattlebattle

hmmmm.....sounds progressive.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Sigh*

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Women can't drive there either, so men have to buy the groceries!!!!! How distasteful!!!

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: That's a bad comparison..

1-2. Like Star Wars and LoTR, Christianity and Islam may be in the same genre but they are two different things. Claiming the Bible and Quran (including their believers) are the same is pretty disrespectful and false. Both have different teachings, and distinct essentials that make them separate.

3. OK I GET THAT. No where does it refer to the Christian God in my Bible as Allah. I'm using the different names because the Bible doesn't use "Allah", the Quran does. Get it?

4. The problem is.. you're missing key essentials that make Christianity, Christianity, and what makes Islam, Islam.

5. I'm not in denial. You're just confused, and really don't understand why they're different. Again, I can't help someone that just believes their own opinions.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Women can't drive there either, so men have to buy the groceries!!!!! How distasteful!!!

The horror! They'd probably still make them walk to the market though.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anybody NOTICED than when ever violent jihadism is seriously examined in depth there ALWAYS seems to be a Saudi influence lurking in the bkackground(or is pointing this fact out proof of "Islamophobia"?)???

'Nuff said

Terry

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's just a political move from the royal family.

Lately, the oil nation of middle east have decided to NOT increase the price of the oil, but they quickly run out of it.

That's a quite anti-capitalist move from them, but I think there was a huge pressure from other nation, like EU, China and USA to keep the the petroleum price down.

So people in those country are upset, and there's a risk that fundamentalist get on the rise and take the royal family down. So, what do they do ? They throw fundamentalist and people a bone and and make the Bible possession a capital offense. There's too few christian in Saudi Arabia to have someone really care, and other nations doesn't really care as long as the oil is flowing.

It's calling "real politic" in my country.