• 68 results
#1 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen the controversy behind Fox ( and conservative white america) complaining about how one person wants to make Santa not white and this is somehow a point of discussion.

I'm Black and Santa has always been white looking to me thanks to those damn Coca Cola commercials, and even so, I and several other minorities dress up as Santa from time to time and no one, not even the kids gives a $%^&#.

It just boggles my mind how up in arms this issue has become, anyone else think the same thing?

#2 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

People care so much because they have nothing else to do or think about.

#3 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm black and I really dont give two !#$%'s....

Heck if my memory serves correctly..."Santa Claus" from "Pagan" religion from Europe by European descent people. European descent people who would call "white". So there should be no controversy about Santa Claus being anything other than white.

Again if my memory serves me correctly. But really who cares...If they want Santa then let them have him.

#4 Posted by TheHipKid (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems black to me.

#5 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems black to me.

Thats not actually Santa Claus but Saint Nicholas. Here are other pictures of him...

#6 Edited by TheHipKid (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el said:

Seems black to me.

Thats not actually Santa Claus but Saint Nicholas. Here are other pictures of him...

I know, but isnt the whole Santa Claus thing tied to Saint Nicolas. So that should be taken into consideration. Yeah I saw that some have him white, others brown and the one I put he was pretty black.

#7 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Santa should just wear a mask. Problem solved.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

Question does it really matter if he's white or black ? I mean if anyone from any ethnic background puts on a Santa Claus costume and makes kid laugh and enjoy Chrismas that's good enough for me.

#9 Posted by Alak (869 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the idea of Santa Claus being white offends anybody. However, it's the fact that someone (on television, no less) insisted that he could only be white that made a lot of people riled up over such a statement. No one really cares about something so trivial until someone approaches the issue with an adamant attitude. I highly doubt any black person really cared about Santa's race before that news lady addressed in a pretty stuck up way. Basically, it's not what she said that made the statement so controversial, but it's how she said it.

#10 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Here the video by Young Turks. The lady is clearly a moron. Again no one cares what race Santa Claus.

And Jesus was not white(or black), but Middle Eastern and wouldn't have looked white.

#12 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

People care about race way too much

#13 Posted by TheHipKid (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

Here the video by Young Turks. The lady is clearly a moron. Again no one cares what race Santa Claus.

And Jesus was not white(or black), but Middle Eastern and wouldn't have looked white.

I like the one where she denies Fox News throwing around Nazi comparisons. Jon Stewart ripped her to shreds.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27435 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, we need to finally establish the race of this fictional character....

#15 Edited by Black_Claw (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people are so up in arms about this. In my eyes, Santa Claus can be any race you want him to be mainly due to the fact that he's a myth.

#16 Posted by TheHipKid (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people are so up in arms about this. In my eyes, Santa Claus can be any race you want him to be mainly due to the fact that he's a myth.

Santa yes. Saint Nicolas no.

#17 Posted by attatje (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Here in the Netherlands we celebrate Sinterklaas (which came from Sint Nikolaas (saint nicholas)) on which Santa Claus is based on.

And Sinterklaas's helpers are black but it originated of soot, and a month ago the U.N. said it was rascists but nearly all the Dutch people think it isn't rascist and it belongs to our traditions.

#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

Saint Nicolas, who Santa Claus is mostly based off of, was from Greece. But,if I recall correctly, Greece was part of the Turkish/Ottoman empire back in the day, so Saint Nicolas looked Turkish/Middle Eastern, not white. The other part of Santa's mythology comes from the pagan myth Krampus, who used to steal naughty children and eat them right around mid December. But, anyways, Santa Claus is just another example of America white washing and westernizing another culture. It wouldn't be such a big deal if that Fox News lady responded to the 'black santa' a little more intelligently. For any of you who didn't watch the discussion, the lady basically said Santa is white, has always, been white, will always be white, is based off of a white person, and if you don't like it, deal with it. She then went on to say that Jesus is white too......

#19 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Saint Nicolas, who Santa Claus is mostly based off of, was from Greece. But,if I recall correctly, Greece was part of the Turkish/Ottoman empire back in the day, so Saint Nicolas looked Turkish/Middle Eastern, not white.

Wrong on so many levels...Saint Nicolas was during the time of the Byzantine Empire. The Byzantine Empire derived from the Eastern Roman Empire, which that derived from the Roman Empire which that derived from people of European descent. The Ottoman didn't come around until 1299 AD, while Saint Nicolas lived around way before that. Part of Turkey is in Europe and many Turkish people look no different than Europeans(and even carry European genes). Depictions of Saint Nicolas varied, but most to me looked white.

#20 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

Santa Clause is Fake (Spoiler Alert!) who cares what color he is. (I hope he is at least or else I'm definitely on his naughty list now..... dun dunn dunnn)

#21 Edited by _Gaff_ (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

You people are all stupid. Read your Bible. It clearly states Santa is Scotch-Korean.

#22 Edited by mikethekiller (8164 posts) - - Show Bio

Santa is a member of the .illuminati

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8802 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Saint Nicolas, who Santa Claus is mostly based off of, was from Greece. But,if I recall correctly, Greece was part of the Turkish/Ottoman empire back in the day, so Saint Nicolas looked Turkish/Middle Eastern, not white.

Wrong on so many levels...Saint Nicolas was during the time of the Byzantine Empire. The Byzantine Empire derived from the Eastern Roman Empire, which that derived from the Roman Empire which that derived from people of European descent. The Ottoman didn't come around until 1299 AD, while Saint Nicolas lived around way before that. Part of Turkey is in Europe and many Turkish people look no different than Europeans(and even carry European genes). Depictions of Saint Nicolas varied, but most to me looked white.

Well, then I take that back. But, most pictures I see of St. Nicolas do depict him as darker skinned, not white.

#24 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Well, then I take that back. But, most pictures I see of St. Nicolas do depict him as darker skinned, not white.

Yeah some of the pics of him vary. He could have been non white since the Byzantine Empire controlled many areas that were not in Europe. But I doubt it...

#25 Posted by Mitrageist (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't watch Fox News. Knew it had a bad rep, but that was painful. "For all you kids watching, Santa is white." Stfu.

Santa's not a person, he's a damn concept.

Now in her defense, Santa has been predominantly portrayed in the media as white for a good long time. That just doesn't make it a concrete fact.

#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (26799 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by Bruxae (9430 posts) - - Show Bio

I want asian santa with a bag of rice on his back.

#28 Edited by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

Meanwhile, Jesus is sitting somewhere, celebrating his birthday alone.

#29 Posted by RogueShadow (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

Make Santa purple then everybody can just shut the f*ck up talking about bullsh*t and just get on with their lives.

Meanwhile, Jesus is sitting somewhere, celebrating his birthday alone.

He celebrated it back in September, now he's just boogying for the Winter solstice.

#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

The next thing you are going to say he is an ugly fat white guy and not a group of hot asian girls.

#31 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

I don't watch Fox News. Knew it had a bad rep, but that was painful. "For all you kids watching, Santa is white." Stfu.

Now in her defense, Santa has been predominantly portrayed in the media as white for a good long time. That just doesn't make it a concrete fact.

WOW! I didnt watch the whole video(didnt want to hear the ignorance). But the b#tch actually said that on LIVE TELEVISION???

#32 Posted by Mitrageist (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

WOW! I didnt watch the whole video(didnt want to hear the ignorance). But the b#tch actually said that on LIVE TELEVISION???

Yep. And then goes on to say "just because it makes you uncomfortable didn't mean it should change." It hurt to sit through that.

#33 Posted by russellmania77 (13624 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by King Saturn (222830 posts) - - Show Bio

Santa Claus aint White or Black or Asian or any Race at all... Santa Claus doesn't Exist...

#35 Posted by consolemaster001 (4480 posts) - - Show Bio

#36 Posted by BrokenSpear (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

I think you may have that backwards; modern man originated from Africa and it's likely that they settled in Turkey before they began the migration into Europe.

#37 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Americans are bored and need things to pretend to be outraged about

#38 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Santa Claus = Saint Nicolas Cage

#39 Edited by Rouflex (12514 posts) - - Show Bio

White? He's metalic dont give wrong info to peoples (Because they will belive you and GOD knows ''how dumb'' peoples can be :)...).

#40 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we can all agree that Megan Kelly is dumber than a rock. Also, pay no attention to FOX news and their propaganda. Santa is not real and it really shouldn't matter what color he is.

#41 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16: .... I'll pretend I didn't get offended by that...

Anyway: I could care less about what race Santa is. It doesn't matter if a black, middle-eastern, Mexican, or white guy dresses up as him as he's still Santa.

#42 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Turks are just apart of the liberal agenda and as always ignores leftwing hypocrisy. Notice where were their reports on Martin Bashir for saying he wanted to "defecate on Sarah Palin" like what they used to make the slaves do to each other? Funny how that gets ignored but Kelly is a break out hit! lol Liberals...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509649/MSNBC-host-Martin-Bashir-apologizes-saying-defecate-Sarah-Palins-mouth.html

YT's are on liberal payroll ;)

Not defending Kelly or anything since race and Santa is a silly topic but she did confirm she was joking around. I don't care about Santa's color personally.

#43 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: Can I ask what you found offensive? If it was just the fact that I bashed the American mindset, please do note that I was broadly generalizing... I live in Michigan, and, like you, I certainly don't give a damn about Santa's race, so of course there are blatant exceptions to what I said.

Or if you were bothered by something else in my post, I'm genuinely curious and open to discussion.

#44 Posted by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Turks are just apart of the liberal agenda and as always ignores leftwing hypocrisy. Notice where were their reports on Martin Bashir for saying he wanted to "poo on Sarah Palin" like what they used to make the slaves do to each other?

Not defending Kelly but she did confirm she was joking around. I don't care about Santa's color personally.

Yup. Also, this thread:

#45 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16: You hit the nail on the head: Bashing the American Mindset. Seems like you already cleared everything up though by saying you were just generalizing.

#46 Posted by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16: You hit the nail on the head: Bashing the American Mindset. Seems like you already cleared everything up though by saying you were just generalizing.

Of course. I suppose I could have been clearer about that in my initial post, I apologize for that.

#48 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

I think you may have that backwards; modern man originated from Africa and it's likely that they settled in Turkey before they began the migration into Europe.

You're statement is incorrect...Yes modern man most certainly did originate in Africa, but as they left Africa the clades they carried mutated to clades of their own. Yes almost all Non Africans and trace their roots back to African mtdna L3(Eve), but M and N(which Eurasians descend from) MUTATED AWAY from Africans when they migrated out of Africa. The first place they settled was Southwest Asia AKA the Arabian peninsula, not Turkey and then they went to India and then after that the Pacific Islands. There were many migration waves. The ancestors of Modern Europeans actually entered Europe from the Caucasus and(you guessed it) Turkey. Turkey is a crossroad between Europe and Asia(Central Asia and Southwest Asia).

I hope I explained everything as detailed as possible.

#49 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus:

Am I also on the liberal payroll for agreeing with YT because that woman is a complete idiot?

#50 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3682 posts) - - Show Bio