San Bernardino, California shooting thread.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cream_God

Live

At least 14 people were killed and 17 others wounded in a mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., Wednesday afternoon. Police later later killed at least one of the suspected gunmen during a high-speed chase, while another was taken into custody. Follow Yahoo News' live blog for the latest information.

Credit:Link above

What we know so far:

• At least 14 people were killed and 21 others injured in a shooting at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, Calif., Wednesday.
  • The couple who killed 14 people and injured 21 others injured in Wednesday's mass shooting at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, Calif., left 1,400 rounds and three pipe bombs attached to a remote-control device behind at the scene, police say.
  • The suspects — 28-year-old Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife, 27-year-old Tashfeen Malik — opened fire inside the facility, which serves people with developmental disabilities, and fled in an SUV they rented earlier this week.
  • They were killed in a massive shootout with police following a high-speed chase through San Bernardino. Police found an additional 1,600 rounds inside the vehicle.
  • Because of the bombs, police had yet to remove all of the bodies from the center, San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan told reporters Thursday morning.
  • A motive has yet to be determined, but federal officials have not ruled out terrorism.
  • At the White House, President Obama said the killings were possibly terror-related, but added: "We don't know."
  • The U.S.-born Farook and Malik, who is from Pakistan, met in Saudi Arabia, the FBI said, and returned to the United States, where they were married.
  • During a search of their an apartment in Redlands, Calif., authorities discovered 12 pipe bombs and a cache of weapons.
  • The pair had a six-month-old child who they reportedly dropped off at a relative's home before their rampage.
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sophia89 said:

@cgoodness: California has the toughest gun control laws in the USA though

No Caption Provided

How much more gun control can Obama impose?

Liberals need to face facts, and accept that GC doesn't work.

I know, i live here lol. Im pretty sure this is gonna be terrorist related though

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

According to the news source I was listening to, there has been a mass shooting (mass shooting defined as at least 4 or more people wounded/killed) every week in the U.S. since 2012 or 2013.

Both this and that fact are tragic.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

RIP to the victims of this horrible act.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BatWatch

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with those hurt by these attacks.

I find this one a bit odd. Let's consider the potential perpetrators.

Domestic terrorists usually hit things related to their cause. What cause could be targeted at a developmental disability treatment center? That seems unlikely.

Crazy people are often do these types of sprees, but the fact that there are three of these people means there is virtually no possibility of that.

Racially motivated killing sprees occur occasionally, but I've heard nothing suggesting this was related to race. Also, I think it's usually a lone gunman in the racially motivated cases.

Gang violence and domestic disputes are often the cause of mass shootings, but the location and targets make this highly unlikely.

The only option that is not unlikely is Islamic terrorists, but even this doesn't quite fit the pattern. Islamic terrorists usually target military installations (the recruitment centers, the base attacks), crucial infrastructure (the World Trade Towers), symbolic locations (many have been targeted in the U.S. though I don't think any were carried out successfully), critics of Islam (Charlie Hebdo and the Mohammad drawing contest attacks) or densely populated areas (the recent French attacks). None of these factors apply to the current sight of the massacre except perhaps the last factor. A development disability treatment center does seem like a soft target, and since there is a large body count, I guess the soft targets must have been relatively dense, but it still seems like attacking a preschool or a mall would be preferable if you just wanted to kill as many as possible.

I find this very strange.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

My condolences to the victims. I've never seen so many shootings in one year.....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 King_Saturn  Online

Rest In Peace to the Victims in San Bernardino...

I can't help but to think 2016 will be filled with mass shootings just like this year has.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mysticmedivh: The woman, Tashfeen Malik, was also of the same race. Hm....

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I don't know what race they are. Was just an update as I was scrolling through the news.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a waste of human life. RIP

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I don't know what race they are. Was just an update as I was scrolling through the news.

Middle-Eastern. People are going to have an issue with this.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

And the sad thing is that it'll probably take a long time to find out a motive that led to this, which still remains unknown.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was the motive of the attack?

Do we know yet?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@batwatch: Wasn't there something about atleast one of the shooters being a former employee at this place?

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Way to go Obama. Your gun control thing really works.

Rest in peace to those who lost their lives over nothing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Another mass shooting another day in the US...

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: Wasn't there something about atleast one of the shooters being a former employee at this place?

Don't know. I was just about to start reading the news for the day, so I'll probably have some more thoughts later.

I considered it being a disgruntled employee, but it would likely be targeted to a specific person and wouldn't involve multiple shooters. What are the chances you could convince two other people to kill because you lost your job? Doesn't make sense to me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:
@outside_85 said:

Don't know. I was just about to start reading the news for the day, so I'll probably have some more thoughts later.

I considered it being a disgruntled employee, but it would likely be targeted to a specific person and wouldn't involve multiple shooters. What are the chances you could convince two other people to kill because you lost your job? Doesn't make sense to me.

Well, the other person appeared to be his wife... from Saudi-Arabia.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BatWatch

@outside_85 said:
@batwatch said:
@outside_85 said:

Well, the other person appeared to be his wife... from Saudi-Arabia.

Yeah, just read the latest. Someone claiming to be his father talked to a news outlet and said his son is a devoted Muslim, but the identity of the father isn't verified yet. Just judging on his appearance and name, it appears the guy shooter, Farook, also had a Middle Eastern background. The attack is almost certainly Islamicly motivated, but I still find the target to be peculiar. Maybe one of the two perpetrators had personal experience with the location and therefore knew how to exploit the kill zone to create the maximum amount of casualties.

Supposedly, these two left behind a kid. Poor kid. That's going to be ackward when the kid grows up.

Edit: On reading a little more, it seems there was a party happening for county employees. Farook was there since he was a county employee, left angry and then returned to the place. I'm guessing it was Islamically motivated, but the target was chosen for the sake of a personal vendetta as well. That makes more sense.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Outside_85

@batwatch said:

Yeah, just read the latest. Someone claiming to be his father talked to a news outlet and said his son is a devoted Muslim, but the identity of the father isn't verified yet. Just judging on his appearance and name, it appears the guy shooter, Farook, also had a Middle Eastern background. The attack is almost certainly Islamicly motivated, but I still find the target to be peculiar. Maybe one of the two perpetrators had personal experience with the location and therefore knew how to exploit the kill zone to create the maximum amount of casualties.

Supposedly, these two left behind a kid. Poor kid. That's going to be ackward when the kid grows up.

I am not so sure it was religiously motivated, Farook apparently worked at this place and was at this party before he left angry then later he and the woman returned... so it kinda sounds like a work-related issue that just escalated to a point where it shouldn't have gone. It just sounds strange that the pair were dressed for combat... so yeah it does sound like this was planned in advance. But as you pointed out, this isn't the kind of place islamic terrorists usually strike at and they didn't appear to shout islamic slogans either (not from what I have read that is).

Yeah... more than difficult if anyone figure out who his parents were.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

I am not so sure it was religiously motivated, Farook apparently worked at this place and was at this party before he left angry then later he and the woman returned... so it kinda sounds like a work-related issue that just escalated to a point where it shouldn't have gone. It just sounds strange that the pair were dressed for combat... so yeah it does sound like this was planned in advance. But as you pointed out, this isn't the kind of place islamic terrorists usually strike at and they didn't appear to shout islamic slogans either (not from what I have read that is).

Yeah... more than difficult if anyone figure out who his parents were.

It could be purely a revenge thing, but I doubt it. Islam essentially teaches that non-believers must pay a tax to have any legal protection, and even then, they are second-class citizens. I don't doubt that there is a personal aspect to the killings, but murder is a lot easier to justify if you have permission from your God. Also, I still find the targeting of this many people and the multiple attackers odd for a revenge killing. Usually, it's just one person doing the attacks and killing a few specific targets.

Still, this is just speculation. I always say we should withhold judgment until the facts are clear, and it's too early to really know much for sure.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this should be considered as a terrorist attack

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

War. War never changes.

War. War has changed.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

It could be purely a revenge thing, but I doubt it. Islam essentially teaches that non-believers must pay a tax to have any legal protection, and even then, they are second-class citizens. I don't doubt that there is a personal aspect to the killings, but murder is a lot easier to justify if you have permission from your God.

Also, I still find the targeting of this many people and the multiple attackers odd for a revenge killing. Usually, it's just one person doing the attacks and killing a few specific targets.

Still, this is just speculation. I always say we should withhold judgment until the facts are clear, and it's too early to really know much for sure.

I am not sure what the bold-part has to do with this? But you are ofc right that doing terrible things is usually easier if you think you have approval from a higher authority of some kind.

But not always the case, the presence of the woman I could link to her nation of origins... could be that she was just there because he told her to...

True.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@cgoodness: California has the toughest gun control laws in the USA though

No Caption Provided

How much more gun control can Obama impose?

Liberals need to face facts, and accept that GC doesn't work.

Wow, so tough, you have to buy weapons from a licensed dealer.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obama didnt take away guns. What the hell are you talking about?

America is terrorist heaven. All you need is ID and some cash to get all the weapons you need for a dunkin war let alone a shooting...

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just gonna drop this here: http://jeffsachs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Australia-Gun-Law-Reforms.pdf

Just because mass shootings don't decrease in the first few years after stricter gun laws are implemented, does not mean they do not work.

They actually do.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

It could be purely a revenge thing, but I doubt it. Islam essentially teaches that non-believers must pay a tax to have any legal protection, and even then, they are second-class citizens. I don't doubt that there is a personal aspect to the killings, but murder is a lot easier to justify if you have permission from your God.

Also, I still find the targeting of this many people and the multiple attackers odd for a revenge killing. Usually, it's just one person doing the attacks and killing a few specific targets.

I am not sure what the bold-part has to do with this? But you are ofc right that doing terrible things is usually easier if you think you have approval from a higher authority of some kind.

But not always the case, the presence of the woman I could link to her nation of origins... could be that she was just there because he told her to...

True.

I didn't tie that together very well. My bad.

My point is that since Islam basically gives you permission (arguably a directive) to kill those who are non-believers, it makes it a lot easier to come up with the will to kill them when you are ticked off at them. The tax aspect was a little off topic. Basically, if they aren't paying the tax, they're fair game at least under some versions of Islam.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The liberals are the reason the terrorists are here (and all over europe) and thriving. They then use the terror attacks to call for gun bans and restrictions of liberty all while blaming the conservatives! It's getting so dangerous folks.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

I didn't tie that together very well. My bad.

My point is that since Islam basically gives you permission (arguably a directive) to kill those who are non-believers, it makes it a lot easier to come up with the will to kill them when you are ticked off at them. The tax aspect was a little off topic. Basically, if they aren't paying the tax, they're fair game at least under some versions of Islam.

Well it's true that looking to your holy books for justification for appalling behavior does make it easier to do them... or not feel terrible for mistreating other human beings. I kinda doubt any non-radicalized Muslim would read that passage and immediately go kill-crazy or say it was as correct now as it was 1200 years ago when it was written.

The same is true of the bible, which have been used to justify the burning of witches, or people caught or suspected of having 'lain with the beast'. The passages are still there now, but when we read them we don't immediately grab our torches and pitchforks and head for the nearest Goth hangout.

That said, I could imagine it being part of the law system in Saudi-Arabia, who has the by far strictest interpretation of the sharia in it's law codes (looking aside from local-tribal types like in Sudan and Afghanistan).

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@chimeroid said:
@rocketraccoonthingy said:

America is terrorist heaven. All you need is ID and some cash to get all the weapons you need for a dunkin war let alone a shooting...

Paris: 150.

California: 13.

U.S.A is a terrorists heaven.

Nice logic. But you only accounted for one shooting from US. Come on now. Give us real numbers.

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIVE

3 5 5

shootings

in US.

but yeah. Paris sucks.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chimeroid

@sophia89 said:
@chimeroid said:
@sophia89 said:
@chimeroid said:

Paris: 150.

California: 13.

U.S.A is a terrorists heaven.

Nice logic. But you only accounted for one shooting from US. Come on now. Give us real numbers.

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIVE

3 5 5

shootings

in US.

but yeah. Paris sucks.

1 day in Paris France=365 says in every single city in the USA.

Great logic mate, pick a single city in the USA and then a single day this year and compare.

Apparently they just have terrorists with better training.

We are talking about legal systems not world capitals. And yours is obviously messed up. 355 shootings and the year is not even over yet. Best part. Your shootings were almost 100% done by Americans. AKA - YOU. (not literally you, not accusing you of anything) Number of cities doesn't matter. I live in Serbia and we didnt had 1 shooting in the last 20 years.

Paris had 2 terrorist attacks which is horrible. You have school shootings because kids take guns from their retarded parents who hold second amendment closer to heart than their own offspring.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PreCrisisBardock

Funny how minutes after the shooting occurred leftists blamed White Christian activists, yet the minute they were identified as Arab Muslims they got quiet.

Don't let media spin it, this isn't a disgruntled employee. They had multiple bombs in their house and materials to make more. Booby traps in their house. Illegally obtained Assault weapons and armor. Bombs already in place at the location.

People that work at media outlets have claimed that they are told not to say they are terrorists due to them being Muslim, some say they got an order from the White House.

Neighbors report they've seen multiple people coming by and dropping off suspicious packages and meeting at the house, but they didn't report it for the feared that they'd be called Racist.

They didn't get mad go home and get some guns and came back to shoot some people up.

Also, a hoax has been doing the rounds that US has had 355 mass shootings this year, this is constantly being debunked, I urge people to research it. The source comes from an anti-2nd amendment Subreddit.

What we should learn from this is that Gun Control hardly helps, criminals will always obtain guns one way or another (like in this situation). Political Correctness is now causing deaths. Mainstream Media shouldn't be taken at face value at all.

And guess what, now they're blaming the Christmas party. They say it triggered them into shooting the place up. They're saying it's the victims fault.

Some other sources (CNN, looking at you) are trying to paint that this was some sort of attack on Planned Parenthood, despite the nearest facility being over a mile away.

More food for thought: They had just recently came back from a trip to Saudi Arabia. some evidence suggest they've had contact with "terrorists". Some people that work at media outlets say that there was actually 6 perps, but they are told to say there's only 3. The place that was attacked went through numerous Shooting drills in the days before the attack.

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Don't forget that the source of those shooting come from an anti-2nd amendment Subreddit.

Only 21/355 count as "Mass Shooting" that are listed.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All my thoughts for the victims and their families.

For the act itself, the target is strange.

Probably a terror act by Islamists, but Isis or Al-Qaida?

Not so sure.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Don't forget that the source of those shooting come from an anti-2nd amendment Subreddit.

Only 21/355 count as "Mass Shooting" that are listed.

ONLY??? Ok. Good for you. You are 100% right. There was ONLY 21 Mass Shooting.

And Sophia, noone said that guns should be banned. LITERALLY NO ONE,

GUns shouldnt be banned. They should be regulated. IF you dont see the difference between the two you are not on the level needed to have this debate.

Also your comment

To be fair most of their parents were irresponsible for not securing their weapon, and most of these children had some form of mental illness.

Is the exact issue. That is what is supposed to be regulated. SECURING YOUR GODDAMN WEAPON

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the cloward-piven strategy on a massive scale. They're trying to overwhelm all of our societal institutions so the elites(world bankers, oil companies, politicians, royal families) can come up with their solution of global government or a more authoritarian government when the shit hits the fan. I'm sorry but how much more do you need before you at least CONSIDER the idea. They're opening up the borders to anyone, funding terrorists groups in the middle east, toppling random democratically elected countries, absolutely flooding Europe, putting global carbon taxes on select countries, destroying our energy sector, and getting into proxy wars with russia. Eventually it will be too late so you can't keep denying it forever

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Yeah, compared to 355.

"Gun regulation" only hurts innocent citizens. Dems are trying to push for all guns to be banned, save sanders whose just trying to pull moderates

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Gun Control man.