#1 Posted by laflux (16018 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by mikethekiller (8413 posts) - - Show Bio

cool beans

#3 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this is fantastic news! Equality for all. =D

#4 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

It is great that another right is made equal what else is their to discuss? Well maybe if the bigot brigade come in but apart from that and even then....

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care but good for them I guess.

Online
#6 Edited by twitchy_tail (23 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time this started to happen all over. :)

#7 Posted by Hypnosis (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Reaching equality one step at a time! The U.S. could learn a thing or two ;p

#8 Edited by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#9 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, don't live there, but cool

#10 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#11 Edited by laflux (16018 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

Cool, don't live there, but cool

I do :)

General point to the non U.K, but the title is kinda misleading. While Gay Marriage has only just been legalized here, Gay Couples have been able to get Civil Partnerships for a number of years, which is very similar to Marriage.

@mrdecepticonleader said:

It is great that another right is made equal what else is their to discuss? Well maybe if the bigot brigade come in but apart from that and even then....

I think its good too, but the discuss thing was more about the general progression of Gay Rights in the Western World, as well as the journey of a country in reaching such a stage, or moving down a different path, where alternative sexuality is more discriminated against

Besides, I don't need the Bigot Brigade to liven up my threads >:D

#12 Posted by i_like_swords (14553 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: You live in the UK and posted that 50 minutes ago...

Greetings my fellow nocturnal Britishman!

Unless you haven't been awake all night like me, and just wake up early...

#13 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to hear. :)

#14 Posted by laflux (16018 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: TBF its a mixture of the two lolz. And nice to know they are more of us here :-D

#15 Posted by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Your Funeral Dudes in UK

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE

#17 Edited by laflux (16018 posts) - - Show Bio

@camera_guy said:

Your Funeral Dudes in UK

Hate Crime against Gays in the UK is something which is thankfully quite low.

However, if your calling marriage a death sentence, then you make a fair point TBH. "Till death do us part" always sounded a bit scary to me D:

#18 Edited by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@camera_guy said:

Your Funeral Dudes in UK

Hate Crime against Gays in the UK is something which is thankfully quite low.

However, if your calling marriage a death sentence, they you make a fair point TBH. "Till death do us part" always sounded a bit scary to me D:

Ditto, marriage is a commitment I may not engage-in in the near future.

#19 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

Cool, don't live there, but cool

I do :)

General point to the non U.K, but the title is kinda misleading. While Gay Marriage has only just been legalized here, Gay Couples have been able to get Civil Partnerships for a number of years, which is very similar to Marriage.

@mrdecepticonleader said:

It is great that another right is made equal what else is their to discuss? Well maybe if the bigot brigade come in but apart from that and even then....

I think its good too, but the discuss thing was more about the general progression of Gay Rights in the Western World, as well as the journey of a country in reaching such a stage, or moving down a different path, where alternative sexuality is more discriminated against

Besides, I don't need the Bigot Brigade to liven up my threads >:D

Ah I see okay.

#22 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I am noticing the oddest things today -- the website format for your link matches this one's, at least when it comes to advertisements. Very weird.

Anyhoooo -- congratulations on getting the right to be married and not just a civil union -- I saw there is an optioning in for organizations to allow the weddings in their places of worship but the Church of England and some other fancy pants group are legally omitted from this -- meaning, they can't opt in, correct?

Also, it made mention of groups such as the Humanists wanting to get the ability to legally perform the marriages. Is that causing any kind of controversy and furthermore -- Quaker? Really? What is that all about?

Any Englishperson will do in answering but I will call out @laflux and @mrdecepticonleader in hopes either of you can help me in the interim.

#23 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Really did you just call me the bigot brigade -_-

#24 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I am noticing the oddest things today -- the website format for your link matches this one's, at least when it comes to advertisements. Very weird.

Anyhoooo -- congratulations on getting the right to be married and not just a civil union -- I saw there is an optioning in for organizations to allow the weddings in their places of worship but the Church of England and some other fancy pants group are legally omitted from this -- meaning, they can't opt in, correct?

Also, it made mention of groups such as the Humanists wanting to get the ability to legally perform the marriages. Is that causing any kind of controversy and furthermore -- Quaker? Really? What is that all about?

Any Englishperson will do in answering but I will call out @laflux and @mrdecepticonleader in hopes either of you can help me in the interim.

Well I guess basically churches will not be "forced" to perform same sex marriages. Basically churches and places of marriage will be able to make the decision weather they want to promote equal marriage or not. And it is the church of England so there is no surprise that they want to stick to their old ways.

I can see that eventually equal marriage will become mandatory eventually when homosexuality is not seen as unnatural and evil and all that. And that will still take time but this is one more step closer to that. Which is important.

Not sure about your next question to be honest. Its not made headlines in the news as far as I am aware.

#25 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Really did you just call me the bigot brigade -_-

It's funny because it's true.

#26 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I am noticing the oddest things today -- the website format for your link matches this one's, at least when it comes to advertisements. Very weird.

Anyhoooo -- congratulations on getting the right to be married and not just a civil union -- I saw there is an optioning in for organizations to allow the weddings in their places of worship but the Church of England and some other fancy pants group are legally omitted from this -- meaning, they can't opt in, correct?

Also, it made mention of groups such as the Humanists wanting to get the ability to legally perform the marriages. Is that causing any kind of controversy and furthermore -- Quaker? Really? What is that all about?

Any Englishperson will do in answering but I will call out @laflux and @mrdecepticonleader in hopes either of you can help me in the interim.

Well I guess basically churches will not be "forced" to perform same sex marriages. Basically churches and places of marriage will be able to make the decision weather they want to promote equal marriage or not. And it is the church of England so there is no surprise that they want to stick to their old ways.

I can see that eventually equal marriage will become mandatory eventually when homosexuality is not seen as unnatural and evil and all that. And that will still take time but this is one more step closer to that. Which is important.

Not sure about your next question to be honest. Its not made headlines in the news as far as I am aware.

Thank you, good sir. Much obliged. :)

#27 Edited by dondave (37615 posts) - - Show Bio

Good News, at least my friends can finally get married

#28 Edited by russellmania77 (15448 posts) - - Show Bio

Gross lol jk

#flame me

#29 Posted by JediXMan (30653 posts) - - Show Bio

... huh. I thought it was legal already.

Moderator
#30 Posted by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this is fantastic news! Equality for all. =D

#31 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by laflux (16018 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: Your not so important that when I refer to people with bigoted opinions, I'm always refer to you- even if I'm limiting the catchment net to people who post here.

I wasn't event the person who mentioned the term "bigot brigade" in the first place. Get your facts straight.

@lykopis: Yeah pretty much what Megatron said.

#33 Posted by Pyrogram (38591 posts) - - Show Bio

Good I guess

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33486 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

... huh. I thought it was legal already.

It was in Scotland, the English are just a bit slow on the upkeep

#35 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Ops sorry lol. I thoght you were the one. My bad xD

#36 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderful :-)

#37 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo!

#38 Posted by JediXMan (30653 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

... huh. I thought it was legal already.

It was in Scotland, the English are just a bit slow on the upkeep

Ah. That explains it.

Moderator
#39 Posted by Strider92 (16514 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay for equality! Gay people have the right to be miserable too!

#40 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay for equality! Gay people have the right to be miserable too!

and strider comes in with an awesome entrance :P

but this is good news :P

#41 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't affect me the slightest, but good one UK.

#42 Edited by Strider92 (16514 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I try my best!

Just got back from Caen so all you guys will have to put up with me again.

#43 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: What if... nay-sayers were just trying to protect them? Awkwaaard...

#44 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, now those of the same sex wanting to be married have another option.

#45 Posted by Nefarious (20461 posts) - - Show Bio

Let freedom reign!!

#46 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Same Sex Marriage will ever be passed in Florida ? It's a heck of an order considering this state's history... I mean the very gun laws we have could cause complications here because even if SSM passed down here... you know a lot of the fundamental religious folks will be looking to do things with their Guns down here.

#47 Posted by consolemaster001 (5613 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh...