• 52 results
#1 Posted by Ohgawd (129 posts) - - Show Bio
Yea, the Batman character was created to attack Mitt Romney!

"Have you heard, this new movie, the Batman movie -- what is it, the Dark Knight Lights Up or something? Whatever the name of it is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises, Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in the Dark Knight Rises is named Bane. B-A-N-E. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran, and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time, the release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental, that the name of the really vicious, fire-breathing, four-eyed, whatever-it-is villain in this movie is named Bane? ... Anyway, so this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now discussion out there as to whether or not this was purposeful, and whether or not it will influence voters. It's going to have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is going to be huge, lot of people are going to see the movie. And it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd. And they're going to hear 'Bane' in the movie, and they are going to associate Bain. And the thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, not Bain Capital, but Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie -- 'Oh yeah, I know who that is.' There are some people who think it will work. There are some people think it will work. Others think -- 'You're really underestimating the American people who think that will work.'"

-- Rush Limbaugh

http://www.deusexmalcontent.com/2012/07/quote-of-day_17.html

Hahahahaha!
#2 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

ahahaha

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#4 Posted by The Poet (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

ha

#5 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

If I knew his running mate's name was Bane, I'd have already made up my mind.

#6 Posted by ARMIV2 (8553 posts) - - Show Bio

Limbaugh is a pompous bag of pretentious hot air who needs to rip on everything in order to validate his "work".

At least from what I've heard of him.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Rush Limbaugh is a Retarded Racist Conversative Radio Talk Host... 
#8 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

If this wasn't so funny, I would actually be pissed off

#9 Posted by HammerTron (611 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24981 posts) - - Show Bio

Fck Rush Limbaugh.

#11 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Inverno (13232 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF!?!?

#13 Posted by HammerTron (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@HammerTron said:

Interesting.

I went to the Rush Limbaugh page and found his comments about it.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/18/world_on_fire_over_batman_and_el_rushbo

I think it is only a coincidence that the re-election campaign for obama will try to take advantage of as they spin it to their advantage if possible.

Yep, he still sounds like a complete idiot.

Why not check out his webpage and investigate it for a while?

You might change your mind after reading it and thinking about it.

www.rushlimbaugh.com

#14 Edited by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@HammerTron: I wouldn't go near that website with a 100-ft long pole. I don't need to 'learn more' about Rush. He's a right-wing cheerleader that's more or less full of hot air, and my time is better spent not reading his works.

#15 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

He's always been full of crap.

#16 Posted by CapFanboy (5145 posts) - - Show Bio

@HammerTron said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@HammerTron said:

Interesting.

I went to the Rush Limbaugh page and found his comments about it.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/18/world_on_fire_over_batman_and_el_rushbo

I think it is only a coincidence that the re-election campaign for obama will try to take advantage of as they spin it to their advantage if possible.

Yep, he still sounds like a complete idiot.

Why not check out his webpage and investigate it for a while?

You might change your mind after reading it and thinking about it.

www.rushlimbaugh.com

LOL, even his face screams c**t!

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

-_-

some days America, some days....

#18 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Bwahahahahaha!

Wtf?

#19 Posted by JediXMan (30653 posts) - - Show Bio

... yes. a character made in 1993 was made specifically to attack Romney. Makes perfect sense.

#20 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I think these Republicans tards are hired to make the democrats look better.

I mean.... what other rational explanation is there?

#21 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually kinda like rush at times...but if this is legitamate, this is dumb...

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted this exact same story about 5 hours ago and not one comment, I'm unpopular I guess

#23 Edited by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

yes rush,because bane,who was made in 1993 was made to attack mitt romney in 2012....i now have little faith in the human race

guess what rush,did you know that obama was half black and half white..and batman wears a black suit,and he's a white guy,so i guess that means that somehow,the first thing that is gonna come to mind when people see that movie is obama vs romney...(also,REAL smart insulting batman,maybe you should realize how many people are going to go see that movie)

#24 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Bane vs Rush

cause they are both fictional characters.

#25 Posted by Nefarious (20461 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I'm not surprised that he thinks that way.

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio

Rush Limbaugh is a drug-addled gas-bag who has made a living out of being an A-hole.

No one should pay any attention to him.

#27 Posted by Shanana (53026 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO.Politics

#28 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I can appreciate the conceit, being a fellow conservative. I still like Limbaugh though regardless...and that's all I'm gonna say about this...

#29 Edited by ImmortalOne (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ohgawd said:

Yea, the Batman character was created to attack Mitt Romney!

"Have you heard, this new movie, the Batman movie -- what is it, the Dark Knight Lights Up or something? Whatever the name of it is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises, Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in the Dark Knight Rises is named Bane. B-A-N-E. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran, and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time, the release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental, that the name of the really vicious, fire-breathing, four-eyed, whatever-it-is villain in this movie is named Bane? ... Anyway, so this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now discussion out there as to whether or not this was purposeful, and whether or not it will influence voters. It's going to have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is going to be huge, lot of people are going to see the movie. And it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd. And they're going to hear 'Bane' in the movie, and they are going to associate Bain. And the thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, not Bain Capital, but Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie -- 'Oh yeah, I know who that is.' There are some people who think it will work. There are some people think it will work. Others think -- 'You're really underestimating the American people who think that will work.'"

-- Rush Limbaugh

http://www.deusexmalcontent.com/2012/07/quote-of-day_17.html

Hahahahaha!

HAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! OHMYGODTHAT'SHILARIOUS! ICAN'TBREATHE!!!

#30 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Rush Limbaugh is a Retarded Racist Conversative Radio Talk Host...
#31 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that's one wiki/google search he wishes he made before hand. Open mouth insert foot.

#32 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this idiot aware that the character existed before Romney was even well known? -__-

#33 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Lulz. x3

#34 Posted by HammerTron (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@HammerTron: I wouldn't go near that website with a 100-ft long pole. I don't need to 'learn more' about Rush. He's a right-wing cheerleader that's more or less full of hot air, and my time is better spent not reading his works.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to investigate things for yourself and draw your own conclusions rather than letting other people tell you what to think or how to think.

Figuring things out for ourselves is the only freedom any of us really have. (paraphrasing from the movie "Starship Troopers")

#35 Posted by Jackson_Hartley (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one way to treat Rush; ignore him. I figured out, in my early 20's, that the man just grabs a headline topic and runs with it. Most of the time, he looks up a topic after he's discussed and been called out on it.

Even today, when I have to listen to him on a friend's radio, I grate my teeth.

Everyone's welcome to their own opinion and even more than welcome to voice them aloud, but when you have devoted listeners who take your word as informed truth, you need to actually be informed. Of course, this logic only applies to someone who'd want his listeners to actually know the truth, instead of seeking undeserved adoration from unknowing/oblivious listeners.

Just my opinion, of course.

#36 Edited by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@HammerTron: I won't go near it because I've already come to my own conclusions. I don't need a website to help with that. You just have to read or watch the nonsense the moron spouts.

#37 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it makes sense... Batman and all other characters are from DC... And we know who sits on top of DC... Diane Nelson... You got that right. Nelson. As in Mandela. And Mandela is black... Like Barrack... It all makes sense now... Washington DC... Washington Detective Comics!

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33488 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe Yea that happins to me aswell :(
#39 Posted by HammerTron (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@HammerTron: I won't go near it because I've already come to my own conclusions. I don't need a website to help with that. You just have to read or watch the nonsense the moron spouts.

Where do you get your information from?

Why not go to the source to get information?

Why would you accept what other people have edited for you?

Maybe they have an agenda and want to influence how you think.

Try listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio and read the transcrpts on his website and compare that with what other people are saying he said.

#40 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@HammerTron: Rush is an idiot, we don't need you preaching about him. He thinks a comic character made years before anyone had ever heard of Romney was "created" to bash him. Do you realize how idiotic that sounds?
#41 Posted by Ms. Omega (4472 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish Bane would attack him and all politicians.

#42 Posted by HammerTron (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_ said:

@HammerTron: Rush is an idiot, we don't need you preaching about him. He thinks a comic character made years before anyone had ever heard of Romney was "created" to bash him. Do you realize how idiotic that sounds?

As Rush explained the obama re-election campaign merely wants to use this coincidence to spin things in their favor.

#43 Posted by Dark_Thunder (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: To be fair, his target audience really doesn't consist of people who do fact-checks.

#44 Posted by Delphic (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Omfg. xD

#47 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@HammerTron: Never mind. It's pretty damn obvious you can't accept that I gathered my own information, so this conversation is pointless.

#48 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

LOL.

#49 Posted by HammerTron (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@HammerTron: Never mind. It's pretty damn obvious you can't accept that I gathered my own information, so this conversation is pointless.

Waiting for others to tell you what to think and how to think is hardly gathering your own information.

Rush limbaugh's website is still open to anyone and everyone. You can check it out and compare that with your other sources of information anytime you are ready.

#50 Edited by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@HammerTron: I direct you to the part where I ended this obviously pointless exchange.