#101 Edited by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

Is this in response to that deathmatch between Superman and Goku? Add some ss levels so he can win a rematch? :)

Er.. why'd anyone care about deathbattle? Not like it's canon or anything.. Not to mention there are already very lengthy debates on whether it's right or wrong lol. they don't make heroes so they can win death battles, they make them to be seen and liked.

Lol I was just having fun. No serious :) I rooted for supes, but I'd love more dbz stuff too if it isn't filler, chasing in, and feel goodery

#102 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually it was his objective since the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. It was understandable then, but after a while it just got tiresome. Even after Sasuke tried to kill Sakura twice. Ugh. Gaara was important in the first arc, but he wasn't the central character. The first arc was about Naruto. Gaara was dead for most of it. Team Gai didn't get to fight Kisame. Gai got to fight Kisame (something that I'm happy about actually because imo Gai is one of the best characters in the series). Yes. Shikamaru got an arc about him. And Choji's received some development. But just look at what happened to Neji recently. In Part 1 he used to be one of the most prominent members in Naruto's age group. We're told that these guys are Naruto's friends, but they rarely interact with him outside of filler. It's a shame too. The Chunin Exam was my favorite arc in Naruto because you had all of these different characters and personalities interacting. All of the characters were so interesting and diverse. And imo some of them were actually more interesting than the main characters, but in Part 2 they're more or less shoved off to the side and I'm not going to spoil anything , but what happened to Neji is evidence of that. Now I won't say that all of them have been lacking panel time. Shikamaru and Gai got quite a bit... but that's about it. In this last arc Kishimoto's trying to fit Gaara, Hinata, Lee and Choji in, but it's too little to late. It's a shame to because imo Part 1 was incredible.

''In Part 1 he used to be one of the most prominent members in Naruto's age group.'' *sigh* Beside the Chunen Exam arcs and Sasuke Retraivel how much did we honestly see Neji or hell any other character in ''Naruto age group''. Where was they in the Wave Mission arc?,Where were they in The Akatsuki Intro Arc?Where were They during the search for Tsunade ? Hell even during Chunen Exam arcs we were more focused on Naruto and Sasuke

Naruto,as a series has ALWAYS been a main character(s) centralize series

and as Naruto and Sasuke,getting Sasuke has always taken a backseat when Naruto has more pressing issues.Like I said he has only tried to get Sasuke back in 3 arcs.Beside those 3 arcs he rarely even mentions Sasuke.

Also During the Pain Invasion Arc and The Fourth Ninja War Arc instead of Noticing for Kishi was Characters people thought he forgot about the much rather complain about How no one dies, (As if Naruto ever had killed off main characters)

and BTW why is it Too little to late...does it matter it;s happening now but you and soooo many other would much rather complain how it didn't happen earlier.

#103 Posted by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

@leesensei said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@leesensei: Guys. If you don't like it then just don't watch it. The reason the games sell well and they keep on making new material is because it still has an audience.

I won't be watching it,and FYI I have the right to say as I please if my opinion is it should die I will state it this is a forum after all and everything here is derived on an opinion.

@leesensei: Ugh. Naruto. IMO, part 1 of Naruto was better than Part 2 of Dragon Ball... but Shippuden... ugh... awful.

Now see?That is your opinion and I have no problem with you stating such even though in my opinion Naruto>>Dragon Ball Z also Shippuden is better then part 1 imo.

Of course. You have the right to say that it should die. And just like you have the right to say that it should die, I have the right to tell you not to watch it if you don't like it.

I guess you really like scenes of Naruto rolling around in the bed crying about Sasuke and every other major character getting pushed to the side, huh? Well. That's your choice.

I would reply to this but really it's a waist of time you have your opinion I have mine,You do not want me to point out DBZ flaws because God knows they are many....

I never said that DBZ wasn't flawed. The fights are to long, the story is repetitive, the earlier characters were demoted to comic relief and cameos, nobody dies (like in comics) and martial arts skills and tactics were dropped for muscular guys yelling and big explosions. But to be fair, nothing is perfect. Part 2 of Dragon Ball was very flawed and a big part of why I watch it is for nostalgic reasons. Part 1 was a lot better. At the same time, it had an enormous amount of influence and if people want to watch it (And a lot of people do) then there's no reason not to bring it back.

#104 Edited by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

@leesensei said:

Actually it was his objective since the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. It was understandable then, but after a while it just got tiresome. Even after Sasuke tried to kill Sakura twice. Ugh. Gaara was important in the first arc, but he wasn't the central character. The first arc was about Naruto. Gaara was dead for most of it. Team Gai didn't get to fight Kisame. Gai got to fight Kisame (something that I'm happy about actually because imo Gai is one of the best characters in the series). Yes. Shikamaru got an arc about him. And Choji's received some development. But just look at what happened to Neji recently. In Part 1 he used to be one of the most prominent members in Naruto's age group. We're told that these guys are Naruto's friends, but they rarely interact with him outside of filler. It's a shame too. The Chunin Exam was my favorite arc in Naruto because you had all of these different characters and personalities interacting. All of the characters were so interesting and diverse. And imo some of them were actually more interesting than the main characters, but in Part 2 they're more or less shoved off to the side and I'm not going to spoil anything , but what happened to Neji is evidence of that. Now I won't say that all of them have been lacking panel time. Shikamaru and Gai got quite a bit... but that's about it. In this last arc Kishimoto's trying to fit Gaara, Hinata, Lee and Choji in, but it's too little to late. It's a shame to because imo Part 1 was incredible.

''In Part 1 he used to be one of the most prominent members in Naruto's age group.'' *sigh* Beside the Chunen Exam arcs and Sasuke Retraivel how much did we honestly see Neji or hell any other character in ''Naruto age group''. Where was they in the Wave Mission arc?,Where were they in The Akatsuki Intro Arc?Where were They during the search for Tsunade ? Hell even during Chunen Exam arcs we were more focused on Naruto and Sasuke

Naruto,as a series has ALWAYS been a main character(s) centralize series

and as Naruto and Sasuke,getting Sasuke has always taken a backseat when Naruto has more pressing issues.Like I said he has only tried to get Sasuke back in 3 arcs.Beside those 3 arcs he rarely even mentions Sasuke.

Also During the Pain Invasion Arc and The Fourth Ninja War Arc instead of Noticing for Kishi was Characters people thought he forgot about the much rather complain about How no one dies, (As if Naruto ever had killed off main characters)

and BTW why is it Too little to late...does it matter it;s happening now but you and soooo many other would much rather complain how it didn't happen earlier.

The Chunin Exam and the SRA arc were over half of Part 1. And he was a major player in both. In Part 2 he barely showed up, but then to do what Kishi did to his character after he was pushed into minor character status. That was awful. There was no build up... it came out of nowhere. It's gotten to the point where I don't care about what happens to the characters any more.

Yes. Naruto has always been the focus and there's nothing wrong with that, but he made all of these interesting supporting characters... some of which are arguably better than the main characters... and then he threw them off to the side.

That's not true and you know it. He mentions Sasuke a lot. That's why people complain about it.

I'm not complaining about no one dying. Because I have to admit, Kishi's very good when it comes to death. Better than Oda, Kubo and Toriyama. Jiraiya's death was one of the best parts about Part 2.

It's to little to late because he doesn't have time to develop them. There aren't any villains they can fight and defeat to build up there characters, like they did in the SRA Arc. Sakura went missing for how many chapters again? There's no more time. Unless he creates new villains and streches out the series more, but Naruto's already more powerful than most if not all of the characters in the series.

#105 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

So.. the 200 episodes are going to feature naruto, too?

#106 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24064 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@leesensei said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@leesensei: Guys. If you don't like it then just don't watch it. The reason the games sell well and they keep on making new material is because it still has an audience.

I won't be watching it,and FYI I have the right to say as I please if my opinion is it should die I will state it this is a forum after all and everything here is derived on an opinion.

@leesensei: Ugh. Naruto. IMO, part 1 of Naruto was better than Part 2 of Dragon Ball... but Shippuden... ugh... awful.

Now see?That is your opinion and I have no problem with you stating such even though in my opinion Naruto>>Dragon Ball Z also Shippuden is better then part 1 imo.

Of course. You have the right to say that it should die. And just like you have the right to say that it should die, I have the right to tell you not to watch it if you don't like it.

I guess you really like scenes of Naruto rolling around in the bed crying about Sasuke and every other major character getting pushed to the side, huh? Well. That's your choice.

I would reply to this but really it's a waist of time you have your opinion I have mine,You do not want me to point out DBZ flaws because God knows they are many....

I never said that DBZ wasn't flawed. The fights are to long, the story is repetitive, the earlier characters were demoted to comic relief and cameos, nobody dies (like in comics) and martial arts skills and tactics were dropped for muscular guys yelling and big explosions. But to be fair, nothing is perfect. Part 2 of Dragon Ball was very flawed and a big part of why I watch it is for nostalgic reasons. Part 1 was a lot better. At the same time, it had an enormous amount of influence and if people want to watch it (And a lot of people do) then there's no reason not to bring it back.

Fair enough.

#107 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10228 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@leesensei said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Thank you, this has always being my point and the reason why they should reboot Dragon Ball with better writters.

#108 Posted by songoku1 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

THANK THE LORD,JESUS,THE KAIS ,AND THE KAIOSHIN I AM FEELING AWESOME@_@

#109 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

U know what'd really be Awesome 200 episode about Trunks being the protector of his universe ...Now that's a DBZ i could watch

#110 Edited by TomokoYugen (3 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys might find this interesting

#111 Posted by russellmania77 (14969 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomokoyugen: If I'm reading that right, that tweet is really old :P

#113 Posted by TomokoYugen (3 posts) - - Show Bio

It is pretty old, but it says "projects" and not "a project" grasping at straws I know.

#114 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomokoyugen: I would assume with that date in mind, Battle of the Gods would've been one of those projects.

#115 Posted by TomokoYugen (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure as much my hope though is this is saying there is more to come especially sense we haven't got to see gohans son yet.

#116 Edited by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be down for it...

#117 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

So do we have any release dates or trailers, or anything?

#118 Posted by sousukesagara (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#119 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how strong Gohan's son would be...

#120 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god... can you imagine how much the battle forums will be flooded with DBZ threads when these new shows air ?

God I hope not. I love DBZ, and I'd be pumped for 200 more episodes, but I really really get tired of DBZ battle threads. A few radical DBZ debaters make the rest of us look bad.

#121 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES

#122 Posted by Wolverine08 (41069 posts) - - Show Bio
#123 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

is this legit?

#124 Posted by Lvenger (19266 posts) - - Show Bio

is this legit?

Toriyama has supposedly confirmed it but no clue on whether the development is legit. Also, there's supposed to be another series of DBZ Kai despite it being cancelled after the Cell Saga where it'll continue with the Majiin Buu saga.

#125 Edited by M3th (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh GOD NO! It's like the Universe wants me to be enslaved by entertainment. First GTA V, now this. Got me doing the Big Sean $#!% like, OH GOD

-Abstract 4$$#073-

#126 Posted by toptom (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a question....how many of you guys have seen DBZ Battle of Gods? And how is it? i still can't find it anywhere...

#127 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: I have, just go to animeultima.tv and it should be the first thing you see in the popular episodes section (Dragon ball Z movie 14)

#128 Posted by Lvenger (19266 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5149 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. 200 episodes

#130 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Born with the powers of a good legendary super saiyan and mystic! The strongest fighter appears!

#131 Edited by termiteone4ever (7177 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

i am not the only one here who thinks gohan is the strongest

#132 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10119 posts) - - Show Bio

People kept saying he was doing a DB manga but in reality its a totally different manga and not DB

#133 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9591 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Born with the powers of a good legendary super saiyan and mystic! The strongest fighter appears!

He would only be 1/4 saiyan though....

#134 Edited by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

Why.

#135 Posted by Perethorn (3346 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Edited by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on, how much can dragon ball z get done in 200 episodes? Maybe an eighth of an arc or so?

#137 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

More episodes = More possible Goku wanking.

Yeah I like DBZ, but lets please watch the show without having to worry about if he can beat Superman for once guys!!! The show wasn't made for us to do that.

#138 Edited by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@thefirstlantern said:

is this legit?

Toriyama has supposedly confirmed it but no clue on whether the development is legit. Also, there's supposed to be another series of DBZ Kai despite it being cancelled after the Cell Saga where it'll continue with the Majiin Buu saga.

Oh yes. Best news ever.

#139 Posted by jwalser3 (4876 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Edited by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

#141 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

So.. it's just a rumor, or is there any more news?

#142 Posted by BatmanFan11 (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Sheesh they haven't ended the series yet!? When will it end.

#143 Posted by Chibi_cute (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11: Until goku can tank galaxy explosions to the face without a scratch..

#144 Posted by GoldenOozaru22 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

The 200 episodes is just a rumor. But AT is writing a new manga that is a prequel to dragonball. It's called jako the galactic patrolman. I'm a huge dbz fan, but I'm not excited at all for it lol. I would rather have a series after buu....

And as a side note there is another attempt at a live action dbz film, and this one looks like it will be better then the evolution movie. It's going to be released via web.

They will have a trailer comming out for it in about a month.

Here is the link for it,

http://www.robotunderdog.com/dbz.html

I'm honesty stoked for it! Dbz has a lot of potential for a live action film if done correctly.

#145 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I will give it a shot. It can't be worse than GT.

#146 Posted by GoldenOozaru22 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh:

Haha, yeah gt was pretty bad, I absolutely hated pan, if it was not for her, I honesty would really like gt ....

#147 Edited by Marshall_Long (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an old rumor I highly doubt this is true otherwise we would have heard something about it by now at least. The buu saga kai version has yet to come out anyways.

#148 Posted by GoldenOozaru22 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@marshall_long: yea it is but as I was sayin earlier , AT is writing a prequel to dragonball , so maybe that's where the rumor got miss interpreted. But I am more interested in robot underdog's live action film they are making. I seriously can't wait and I hope they nail it since all of them are big fans of dbz and are asking other fans for their input. I believe it will be better then evolution . They also have the "dao of dragonball" Derek Pedula writing the script!!

#149 Posted by keepdbzaliveforlittlesaiyans (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen everyone here mention all the valid points about Cohan and vegeta being sure he was stronger than gohan. And here is why he is so confident on it. Gohan is only half-saiyan so is it possible no matter how much he trains he will never be as strong as vegeta or goku. I think that maybe what trunks realized seeing his father in the hyperbolic time chamber. He could never truly match a true saiyans strength.

#150 Posted by russellmania77 (14969 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen everyone here mention all the valid points about Cohan and vegeta being sure he was stronger than gohan. And here is why he is so confident on it. Gohan is only half-saiyan so is it possible no matter how much he trains he will never be as strong as vegeta or goku. I think that maybe what trunks realized seeing his father in the hyperbolic time chamber. He could never truly match a true saiyans strength.

and Gohan was at one point stronger than goku and is still stronger than Vegeta