RPG Maker Horror Games?

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KittyParker13

Do any of you guys play RPG Maker Horror Games like Ib, Mad Father or Witch's House? If so, what are your favorite horror games?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@kittyparker13: Oooh, almost missed this thread completely!

To answer the OP, while I dabble a lot with programs like RPG Maker and OHR etc, I haven't played all that many RPGM games. Have played a few good horror games generally of late though, like Imscared and Which. The only one I have played from the list is Ib, and while I really enjoyed it, I don't think it was as good as some were saying. Is subjective though I guess. Am so googling the ones you mentioned though, always up for new horror games ^__^

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: I didn't get the notification for some reason! I was just going to bump this and saw your post. I haven't played Imscared or Which (I hadn't even heard of them before!) so I'll definitely play those!! ^_^ Did you end up trying Mad Father or Witch's House?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@kittyparker13: No problem! :)

Ah I would recommend them both, Imscared in particular. I won't spoil anything but there's some interesting aspects to it, it breaks the fourth wall in some pretty innovative ways for a small, basic looking game like that. Is quite clever the way its been made :)

And no I haven't yet, but this is actually great because you've reminded me, so thanks! ^__^

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they even still update RPG Maker? Could have sworn that thing died off years ago.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@kittyparker13: No problem! :)

Ah I would recommend them both, Imscared in particular. I won't spoil anything but there's some interesting aspects to it, it breaks the fourth wall in some pretty innovative ways for a small, basic looking game like that. Is quite clever the way its been made :)

And no I haven't yet, but this is actually great because you've reminded me, so thanks! ^__^

@bumpyboo: Breaking the fourth wall in a horror game sounds like it'd be scary! ><b That's the cool thing about some of these games; they might not have the high quality graphics, but it seems like a lot of thought goes into some of them. :) I check vgperson practically everyday for new games, so getting some recommendations is pretty cool ^_^

Oh, you're welcome ^_^ If you play it, be sure to let me know what you think of them. ^^ For the ones I mentioned, I prefer Mad Father over Witches House, but they're both really good. Witches House is a lot shorter than Mad Father though. With Witches House, be sure to look up a guide for an alternate ending. You don't have to restart the whole game to get it and I don't want to give a spoiler, but it's absolutely necessary to the story.

Do they even still update RPG Maker? Could have sworn that thing died off years ago.

I don't keep up with the programs that people use and if they still update RPG Maker or not. Most of these kinds of horror games that I've downloaded are from vgperson's website (she translates them). The programs that she says people use for the horror games she's uploaded are:

RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker VX, Wolf RPG Editor and RPG Maker VX Ace.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@kittyparker13: It was scary the first time! All I will say is everything it does, it does on purpose, and keep the game in its own folder when you run it. You'll see what I mean >:) Hope you enjoy it!

Aw sure thing, I will let you know how I get on with them. Looking forward to it actually, will be nice to have something a little different to play. Thanks for the tip too :D