No Caption Provided

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hayden86

Lol like when my Xbox controller craps out on me.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Meh.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5 frozen  Moderator

Meh.

@hayden86 said:

Space exploration deserves more interest.

Governments should be spending more on it.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@humanrocket said:

Meh.

@hayden86 said:

Governments should be spending less on it.

Fixed. How about we fix the problems here on Earth first?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@humanrocket said:

@frozen said:

@humanrocket said:

Meh.

@hayden86 said:

Reverted back to original correct assertion, ironic because Interstellar touched upon lack of interest.

Since 1969 America gradually cut the budget to it, this planet could spend hundreds of years trying to 'fix' Earth's problems only to create more, leaving space exploration dead. You can't 'fix' the problems and then decide to go into space, going into space will contribute to fixing those problems, the comet mission was done by the ESA, gaining NASA's praise which indicates the age-old rivalry in space exploration is no longer necessary.

It's the dream of mankind reaching beyond the stars which can unite the human race and truly fix our planet's problems.

All our problems will seem puny once we advance civilization beyond Earth; mankind will advance if space exploration advances.

We need to spend more on space exploration, the comet mission is a brilliant sign of that.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: lol no we most likely will take our gifts of religion and war to the far laying stars.

We need to clean and fix our giant bio space ship first. We are nothing more then cancer really. Can you cure cancer by moving it from your liver to your brain ?

Trying to send humans out in the void will spread cancer. Last thing we need is a bunch of Muslims beheading each other on the moon.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Damn. Lol

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@hayden86: With an argument like that why have any technology at all? Man kind will always have the potential to do wonderful and horrible things, that doesn't mean we should give up just because there is a darkness in human nature that will ultimately always resurface. That's like saying we shouldn't have cops because mankind will always murder or we shouldn't have hospitals cause we all die eventually, or that we shouldn't have schools cause it won't stop people from behaving moronically. Space is the next frontier and could likely become more monumental than the discovery of the new world.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: 1. At no point did i say give up

2. Yes, space is a frontier.

3.AGAIN, yes, i know humans have a vast and great nature.

4. All this talk about cops and hospitals is silly. What are you trying to say ?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: i know its gross and truly awful. But indeed its not just Muslim that would kill each other.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cave_Duck

The biggest thing we need to remember is:

The more people who go into space, means that there's more people who need to be sworn into secrecy about the horrifying truth that the world really is flat, and is being carried around on the back of a giant turtle, just like our ancestors drew about.

I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with them all being entrusted with the secret...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dngn4774

@hayden86: You're the one who called humanity a cancer, maybe it's just me but that sounds nihilistic. You seem to only focus on the negative aspects in your comments and not acknowledge any positive achievements in humanity. If what you're saying is that mankind is to violent to move to space and we can only make that leap when all of the problems on Earth are solved, then I would say that you're setting an impossible standard for us as a species. We are not perfect beings and therefore cannot exist in perfect harmony. There will always be problems on Earth and any planet humans inhabit, but that doesn't mean we should deprive ourselves of potential advancements. In fact, that's more of a reason to explore space. New discoveries change the way we think about certain things and aid the development of our nature.

Now imagine a group of people say, "We're not going to invent the internet because our society is cancer and we'll only spread our cancer to other societies." It's an absurd rationale and is actually problematic to our advancement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that's a bummer.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@scorpion2501: Well:

• The probe sent back the drilling results
  • It could still power back on
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Yeah, August 2015 right? It's till a pretty long time till it can turn back on again though...

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

That's what you get for trying to land a comet with a language learning program.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@frozen said:
@humanrocket said:

@frozen said:

@humanrocket said:

Meh.

@hayden86 said:

Reverted back to original correct assertion, ironic because Interstellar touched upon lack of interest.

Since 1969 America gradually cut the budget to it, this planet could spend hundreds of years trying to 'fix' Earth's problems only to create more, leaving space exploration dead. You can't 'fix' the problems and then decide to go into space, going into space will contribute to fixing those problems, the comet mission was done by the ESA, gaining NASA's praise which indicates the age-old rivalry in space exploration is no longer necessary.

It's the dream of mankind reaching beyond the stars which can unite the human race and truly fix our planet's problems.

All our problems will seem puny once we advance civilization beyond Earth; mankind will advance if space exploration advances.

We need to spend more on space exploration, the comet mission is a brilliant sign of that.

This! This so god damn hard!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that sucks, still a great achievement though. It'd be cool if countries all around the world were to unite and spend more on space programs. I bet we could get to Mars within the next decade, if we really wanted to.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hayden86

@dngn4774: i do reject all religious principles but not moral principles. And at no point did i say life is meaningless. So im 1/3 nihilistic?

So by me saying we should fix our earth first before we start junking up otter space is an impossible goal ? Thats what you said right ?

You have a great idea ! Lets all run away to a far off dream world ! If wanting too make this world a better place 1st is impossible (your words) then living in James Cameron Fantasy world is impossible for now.

Why are you bringing up wild ideas of no internet and making duh statements? Really humans cause problems no matter what ? Ground breakibg observation.

Thats cute how you state new discoveries change how we think. It sure does and most in the western countries and again.duh statement. But even then not a lot of people come close to giving a damn about this great attempt.

You know and another odd thing. I do not recall saying we should stop our space explorations. Saying we should clean our dirt ball so psychotic apes like us can live better is only saying earth 1st space 2nd.

Please stop with the "now imagine ", "what ifs ", and so on. You are asking me to have a conversations that are far from being based in realtime.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86: What exactly is your argument besides repeating all of my points with b*tchy sarcasm? I'm trying to respect your opinion but when you just mock all of my responses it becomes difficult to distinguish you from the cancer you were complaining about initially.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hayden86

@dngn4774:

Respecting my ideas and post one this topic is not need.

Just because you have a thought in your mind does not mean it applies to reality. I understand this and you should as well.

Dont like my thoughts and views on a topic then move along. Making happy go lucky what ifs is far from real.

You are getting sarcasm because i think you sound like a soft little keyboard jocky.

And PM me. We are derailing this thread.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By comicace3

Wow. What luck.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its back.. it never went out of battery its just on battery saving mode.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

lol

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers