Rocksteady's new Arkham Game

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By WarBlade539

So, we all know that Rocksteady has been working on the much-awaited sequel to Arkham City. Or at least it's been rumored that they are. And we did see Joker reveal the 'Arkham World' script during the Spike VGA awards; although I'm pretty sure that's a gag but who knows.

Considering the overall dip in quality in Arkham Origins, what would you fellow Viners like to see in the Arkham sequel. What new additions do you want in Rocksteady's rumored, newest addition to the Arkham series?

For me, the most desired changes would be:-

1. An ability to swim

Good gracious! It's like Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad all over again.

I hated the fact that whenever you'd fall in the water in Arkham City, Batman would just grapple back up. I feel as if swimming and in conjunction, diving, would add an interesting depth to the gameplay in the Arkham series. And it would also make for some interesting new takedowns and interrogations.

Plus, making a few levels completely Underwater would be awesome. Especially if they wanna introduce characters like Aquaman. That brings us to our next topic...

2. Addition of other DC Universe characters

Even if they wouldn't play a major role in the story, it would be pretty awesome to have Superman, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern to make appearances in the games. It would also help in adding a new level of scale to the game especially if you include places like Metropolis or even Themyscira *wink wink*.

Imagine Bruce having to go to Metropolis to track down some bad guy like Luthor or John Corben when he runs into Superman; first as Clark Kent in the Daily Planet and then as the Man of Steel in the rooftops of Metropolis. Imagine having to face him in a short boss battle and then working together.

Or maybe, going to Themyscira in order to track down some mythical thingamajig and then encountering Diana and the Amazons, getting captured, forced to escape and then getting into a bit of an 'private dueling session' with the Princess. *winks*

The possibilities are endless. They only have to...

3. Move out of Gotham

I know Gotham is an integral part of the Bat's storyline but I don't just wanna be stuck in Gotham. If you remember the 'Contagion' and 'Legacy' storylines where Batman has to go to places like the Middle-East and India to stop a deadly virus from destroying Gotham city and stopping Ra's. That would make for some epic storytelling and gameplay. Also it would introduce some diverse environments instead of the dark, dingy, gargoyle and lead filled environment of Gotham City.

Imagine, exploring an ancient tomb in the search for a mysterious puzzle as Batman. How badass would that be?

How to travel to these destinations, you ask? Well, the answer is simple...

4. Batwing, Batmobile, BatBike...

What's Batman without his vehicles? I mean, ever since that scene where the Batmobile plows through Bane in Asylum, gamers and fans alike have been wanting to drive the Batmobile around Gotham and the surrounding areas? I don't see how that can go wrong.

Or like I mentioned above; we can go to those far off places using the Plane? Don't just show us going there in a cutscene...let us drive there. It will be A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Maybe include a part where Batman has to fend off enemy aircrafts. I mean, a guy can dream...right?

This brings us to my final topic...

5. Livelier Environments

Enough of the dark, desolate, empty environments. I mean, yeah Bruce is supposed to be dark n' dangerous but I want moments where Batman can interact with civilians. If not in Gotham but please in other places.

5. Choices

I'm not talking about extreme story-choices. But minor ones like, whether to sneak past a group of guards or attack them head-on. And legitimate reasons for either choice. Wouldn't wanna lose up on Experience Points for deciding to be sneaky now, would we? :)

Rocksteady, if you're reading this...please give it some thought.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Ability to swim? Yesh! 0.0 Bat-equality!

Loading Video...

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ability to swim? Yesh! 0.0 Bat-equality!

Loading Video...

Oh wow! That was...different! I totally ship Bruce and Diana though.

Anyway, what do you think of my ideas? Which one do you like and which one you didn't? Do you have any additions you wanna include? We gotta make sure Rocksteady sees this. 0.0

It seems the Raccoon Clan has a new mission. :D

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

How would Batman do an underwater take down without killing them? lol

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Lmao! xD I couldn't help but think of that right away when I saw the swimming ability! =O Batman just wants to be like Aquaman as well! 0.0 It ain't fair that he gets all the fun by singing underwater with Ariel. Totally agree though about grappling. =/ Really gets old quick.

Do hope that we see a proper direct sequel to Arkham City for the gen coming up? Would love that! =D Even a Batman Beyond game I'd love! 0.0 Oh my gosh! Imagine the BatBike! It could be like GTA! >=D Especially if you can play as Damian's Batman in a DLC. Stealing everyone's cats. No one is safe!

Also, what did you think of the voice acting for Origins? I thought it was superb! =O Didn't notice a difference really with the voice acting with how good it was. 0.0

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would Batman do an underwater take down without killing them? lol

Rise up from the water and then, take em' down. Or pull them inside the water, and knock em' out. I dunno. :D

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

The closes we should ever get to actually driving things like the Batmobile and Batwing is the fast travel system we have now in Origins. Being able to actually drive the Batmobile in an Arkham game just seems silly and I really don't see what that would add to the series.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Arrow
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The closes we should ever get to actually driving things like the Batmobile and Batwing is the fast travel system we have now in Origins. Being able to actually drive the Batmobile in an Arkham game just seems silly and I really don't see what that would add to the series.

Why? I mean, like I pointed out...we don't have to say just in Gotham, ya know?

3. Move out of Gotham

I know Gotham is an integral part of the Bat's storyline but I don't just wanna be stuck in Gotham. If you remember the 'Contagion' and 'Legacy' storylines where Batman has to go to places like the Middle-East and India to stop a deadly virus from destroying Gotham city and stopping Ra's. That would make for some epic storytelling and gameplay. Also it would introduce some diverse environments instead of the dark, dingy, gargoyle and lead filled environment of Gotham City.

Imagine, exploring an ancient tomb in the search for a mysterious puzzle as Batman. How badass would that be?

If an Assassin can become a Badass Pirate with his own ship and crew, why can't we include the Batmobile? Did we really imagine that one-day, we'll be able to pilot ships when Assassin's Creed 2 came out?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't get ya? Lol, Comic Vine.

@darkazrael999: Lmao! xD I couldn't help but think of that right away when I saw the swimming ability! =O Batman just wants to be like Aquaman as well! 0.0 It ain't fair that he gets all the fun by singing underwater with Ariel. Totally agree though about grappling. =/ Really gets old quick.

Do hope that we see a proper direct sequel to Arkham City for the gen coming up? Would love that! =D Even a Batman Beyond game I'd love! 0.0 Oh my gosh! Imagine the BatBike! It could be like GTA! >=D Especially if you can play as Damian's Batman in a DLC. Stealing everyone's cats. No one is safe!

Also, what did you think of the voice acting for Origins? I thought it was superb! =O Didn't notice a difference really with the voice acting with how good it was. 0.0

I agree. The voice acting was superb. Too bad, everything else was subpar. :(

Hehe! Yay! You just gave me a brand new idea. You are a GENIUS. *hugs*
A Cyberpunk, Superhero game....Batman Beyond. *runs to the drawing board*

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread:) great ideas

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Aw yeah! =D *hugs* Would really love for that to happen! 0.0 Need to rewatch Batman Beyond soon! Tis been too long! =O

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a new Marvel game directed at older audiences, not Lego!

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: lol but those both drown them lol....idk

We don't have to hold them for very long. LOL
And the thugs in Arkham are very durable, they survive Batman gliding from a multi-storied building and kicking them in the face. :D

@darkazrael999: I agree with all points especially with the 3.

Thanks for your input. Wanna add some of your own?

This thread:) great ideas

Thank you. You a Metalhead?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

3. Move out of Gotham

If an Assassin can become a Badass Pirate with his own ship and crew, why can't we include the Batmobile? Did we really imagine that one-day, we'll be able to pilot ships when Assassin's Creed 2 came out?

They're not going to move Batman out Gotham, they could have a few missions in other countries but the overall games should stay in Gotham where it belongs. If they want Batman to travel to other locations around the world or just in the city, they should just have it similar to how the Batwing functions in Arkham Origins with fast travel, they could do the same with the Batmobile. But overall there isn't any good reason for why players need to actually drive those vehicles, not to mention I can already see it becoming silly real quick.

Also, this is Batman, not Assassin's Creed.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post of the year, ladies and gentlemen.
That would be awesome. An open-world Wolverine game. Yeah!

@darkazrael999 said:

@war_killer said:

3. Move out of Gotham

They're not going to move Batman out Gotham, they could have a few missions in other countries but the overall games should stay in Gotham where it belongs. If they want Batman to travel to other locations around the world or just in the city, they should just have it similar to how the Batwing functions in Arkham Origins with fast travel, they could do the same with the Batmobile. But overall there isn't any good reason for why players need to actually drive those vehicles, not to mention I can already see it becoming silly real quick.

Why would it become silly? I don't understand.
Imagine Batman having to save a hostage who is a few miles away and you are driving your bike to save him/her, fending off attackers. Or chasing someone in a vehicle. I can see it; unless you have a valid point for it being silly. :)

I am talking about scope and evolution. If they can evolve, why can't Arkham?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I don't think it would be a bad thing if they gave the Arkham games a rest for a while

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll take more than just new enviroments to keep the Arkham series interesting..They really need to do something about the combat system. Sure it was fun in Arkham Asylum but after 3 games of the same old attack people from the shadows or the whole "free flow combat" bit gets incredibly repetitive and old. I'm up for the other hero appearances though

@war_killer Going to have to disagree. There is only so much they can do with Gotham and its villains..Eventually it's going to get old,if it hasn't already,and people are going to want a change of scenery.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it would be a bad thing if they gave the Arkham games a rest for a while

Agreed. Put 3 or 4 years of work in the new one. It shouldn't turn into an annual franchise. *cough* AC *cough*

On point though, your thoughts on my points? Like em'? Hate em'? Do you have any ideas you wanna give?

@darkazrael999: Aw yeah! =D *hugs* Would really love for that to happen! 0.0 Need to rewatch Batman Beyond soon! Tis been too long! =O

I know right. I love that show. :D
You're awesome, you know that. AWESOME.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: But you're more awesome! =D So is Colonel Sanders in a tutu! 0.0 Even though I'm scared of Colonel Sanders! D= Am serious about the latter part by the way! 0.0

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By evilvegeta74

@evilvegeta74 said:

@war_killer said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@war_killer said:

3. Move out of Gotham

Imagine Batman having to save a hostage who is a few miles away and you are driving your bike to save him/her, fending off attackers. Or chasing someone in a vehicle. I can see it; unless you have a valid point for it being silly. :)

Well I'm not exactly promoting Wolvie here!

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is the Worlds Greatest Detective. He is one of the greatest tacticians in the DC Universe. He is an expert in all scientific fields. He has trained to physical perfection. Can he swim? lol No.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@darkazrael999 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@war_killer said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@war_killer said:

3. Move out of Gotham

Why would it become silly? Because if people were allowed to drive in the game it would become Grand Theft Auto with people trying to hit random thugs on the street, which Batman doesn't do. Sure, in theory it would be a cool idea but when you actually think about it, it would become very silly, very quickly.

The fast travel system they introduced in Arkham Origins was perfect for the feel of the game, it gave us a means to travel around the city quicker while also giving us the feel that we were flying around in the Batwing. They could do this for the Batmobile, having it a fast travel system where the player uses the fast travel function on the map, the game cuts to a cutscene with the Batmobile driving up and then a quick scene of Batman driving to the location. But even then it would make more scenes to stick with the Batwing.

Overall, while it would be fun, it just wouldn't work in this type of game.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: But you're more awesome! =D So is Colonel Sanders in a tutu! 0.0 Even though I'm scared of Colonel Sanders! D= Am serious about the latter part by the way! 0.0

Hehe! Imagine Thanos in a purple tutu dancing to the Hokey-Pokey. I would love that. *dances*

It'll take more than just new enviroments to keep the Arkham series interesting..They really need to do something about the combat system. Sure it was fun in Arkham Asylum but after 3 games of the same old attack people from the shadows or the whole "free flow combat" bit gets incredibly repetitive and old. I'm up for the other hero appearances though

@war_killer Going to have to disagree. There is only so much they can do with Gotham and its villains..Eventually it's going to get old,if it hasn't already,and people are going to want a change of scenery.

Thanks for your input. Do you agree with my additions or do you wanna change em'? Feel free to include your points. :D

Hmmm. I haven't thought of that. Do you have any particular changes to the combat system you wanna add?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be more open to a change in scenery eventually, I'm really not against that as it would be nice to see other characters in the Arkham Universe. Really, the idea of a Green Arrow game set in the Arkham U sounds like it could actually be a cool game, especially with Arrow doing so well on TV.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would they take Batman out of Gotham when we've only seen a fraction of the city? I understand the ambition but we haven't even experienced a vibrant and alive city yet, merely sectioned off prisons.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Yes sir all the way besides rhcp I love them. Other than complete metalhead

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love a Justice League game.

Part Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Part Lego Batman 2, and part of the Arkham games would just make for a really great game.

i'm sure that the guys from Rocksteady have toyed with the idea of a JL game, but they should realize Batman has had his day and fully invest themselves in making an awesome game that doesn't have Batman as the focus.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hm... This game is more in line with a Justice League than a Arkham game. While the other suggestions are good, it doesn't sit well with me the Justice League being introduced through Batman's medium.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be happy if Gotham actually felt like it was alive but I guess I'll have to wait for next gen.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

I'd be more open to a change in scenery eventually, I'm really not against that as it would be nice to see other characters in the Arkham Universe. Really, the idea of a Green Arrow game set in the Arkham U sounds like it could actually be a cool game, especially with Arrow doing so well on TV.

Technically we've already seen other heroes show up before in the Arkham games with Azrael..although his character is associated with Batman a lot I still view him as no different from Moon Knight showing up in a Spider-man game for ex.

Anywho @darkazrael999 I'm not really sure..But surely there's something that can be done to add some new life to the combat system. However with the way it's set up I really don't know if such a thing can be done

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Ooo oooo ooooo

More Gotham History and Enviroment interaction, I mean the flooding in AC was barely addressed

More Normal in the streets

More lesser known villans

Mid Air Fighting!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By danhimself

I don't like the idea of 1, 3, and 4 at all.

1. I immediately pictured the underwater levels in Super Mario Bros.

3. Gotham can be big enough that they should never have to leave there to add new things to the game and if they do feel that the only way to add a certain feature would be to move out of Gotham then they're jumping the shark

4. all driving would add to the game would be something similar to GTA or Need for Speed

as for 2 and 5

2. I don't have a problem with characters making cameos but only as long as their presence adds to the story and doesn't take anything away from it or take focus away from Batman

5. I don't really know how I feel about it....Batman should never just randomly interact with a civilian...the only people Batman should interact with other than other heroes, villains, and the GCPD are the people he's saving....having the ability to go down to the streets and have people see Batman or god forbid interact with him is completely out of character for Batman...most of the civilians in Gotham still believe that Batman may just be a legend....my biggest issue with Young Justice was in the first episode when Batman met the others out in front of the Hall of Justice in front of a ton of people in daylight....that d#mn near ruined the entire show for me...like it took me so far out of the show that I almost couldn't get back into it

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling that the Arkham games will soon turn into a superhero GTA.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer said:

@gambit474 said:

Technically we've already seen other heroes show up before in the Arkham games with Azrael..although his character is associated with Batman a lot I still view him as no different from Moon Knight showing up in a Spider-man game for ex.

Well, like you mentioned, Azrael is tied Batman and the Bat-Family, so his appearance isn't really that a big of a deal as it would be if someone like Green Arrow or Superman appeared.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some things I want to see.

Fantastic campaign- Arkham Asylum and City had fantastic stories and they made it feel like you were playing this game for the story. Hopefully rocksteady will keep that up.

Give the villains their spotlight/story arc- Like they did in City where most of the villains had their share of the spotlight. And where connected and had a rivalry with Batman something which was not done very well in Origins. I want to see Black Mask done properly this time, give him some much needed respect. Id like to see Scarecrow again, maybe we could get Anarky too.

Location to be smaller than Origins but bigger than City- I think one of the issues with Arkham Origins was that it lost focus due to how open world it was. That might have been okay with other games, but it's not when you have had two previous games with fantastic stories and that is lost in Origins. So Id like to see maybe it half the size of Gotham, possibly have Arkham City still up but closed off.

People in Gotham- In City it was understandable. But in Origins it just feels empty. So let's alleviate that feeling.

New things regarding combat/moving around- Come on gives us something new. Some new additions.

More Detective work- Id like to see Batman do more detective and to make the system even more interactive and deeper.

That is a few anyway.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Call me when they make a Superman game, then I'll care.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Loki9876

a batboat,, batmobile (somewhat like a tank) and a batbike would be cool. The plane could be hard to accomplish.

Gotham with pedestrians would also be cool.