#1 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23836 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone still excited?

#2 Edited by Wolfrazer (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh....really the only two things I like, is the color scheme(though prefer the original color) and that he is faster than the Original. Not knocking the Original, but it irked me that he was slow despite he was suppose to be an advanced robot. Which I get ya know, different limits in technology back then but still.

#3 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited! I think the trailer looks good.

#4 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah!

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35061 posts) - - Show Bio

He has eyebrows...... this film fails

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

I can dig it.

#7 Posted by Referee (8209 posts) - - Show Bio

Robocop should not have a human right hand

and Samuel L Jackson shouldn't have bad hair

#8 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#9 Edited by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the human hand.

#10 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously the entire movie is spoiled in that trailer.

#11 Posted by Referee (8209 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick Fury, Batman, Rorschach, Commissioner Gordan, Robocop and friends... not bad. Could surprise me.

#13 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm open for new stuff, this doesn't seem bad.

#14 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Really people?

This looks horrible.

PG-13 Robocop? No Thanks, yall can have this crap.

#16 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18722 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible. Just another remake made to cash in on the original.

I will pirate this, not paying to watch it.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (225130 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks okay... I doubt it will ever be able to live up to the original though... they just don't make films like Robocop or The Terminator anymore... they really can't.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18722 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks okay... I doubt it will ever be able to live up to the original though... they just don't make films like Robocop or The Terminator anymore... they really can't.

Why can't they?

#19 Edited by King Saturn (225130 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Why can't they?

Because they don't put the effort into the Story like they used to for Films like this... they just give you heavy action scenes loaded with CGI and weak plots and expect that sh!t to hold up to the Original Classics.

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18722 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@king_saturn said:

Why can't they?

Because they don't put the effort into the Story like they used to for Films like this... they just give you heavy action scenes loaded with CGI and weak plots and expect that sh!t to hold up to the Original Classics.

True. I think there are people who make films out there who do still do that. But because of how CGI is just so easy to use and it has very little limits people may well be more tempted to use it and just rely on it. The SW prequels are a classic example but not the only one.

I mean back when the original Robocop was made they can do things now that back then they could only dream of. So they made it work and that was better than CGI. And that is even without mentioning the story.

#21 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23836 posts) - - Show Bio

:\

I think its looks okay. I have little objections so far, I can get past the PG-13 rating (honestly, A Good Day to Die Hard is a shining example why R-Rated doesn't make things better), I don't mind CGI in the fight scenes but it waits to bee see if they f*** things up in the story department. I will say that this trailer wasn't very good, they might had probably spoiled the whole movie right here.

It may not probably be the best picture of 2014 but it does look entertaining at least. I can predict this movie will probably flop in the box office seeing how its going to be released on February.

#22 Posted by WarBlade539 (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome

#23 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone still excited?

It seems that this time around Robocop is as much power armor as he is cybernetics.

Interesting.

#24 Posted by _Grifter_ (11863 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the PG 13 rating, but I'll still give it a shot.

#25 Edited by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

This has the feel of a movie that's going to suck. (but I hope I'm wrong)

Why is his face perfectly fine when he had "burns over 80% of his body" and his face and left eye were obviously messed up?

Why keep his right human hand??

Also, I dont know what it is, but... that actors face just doesnt inspire confidence. He sure aint no Peter Weller. And I dont see anything in this trailer to suggest the movie has any of the humor and satire that Verhoeven brought to the original.

#26 Edited by Dernman (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like the PG 13 or Michael Keaton for the role he's playing. Though I do like him as a actor. I prefer the silver look over the black. I'm under the impression that he will only be black while he is working for the company so thats ok.

Otherwise this has gotten me more interested than I was before seeing the trailer.

#27 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7964 posts) - - Show Bio

It angered me, because of the continued lack of originality in Hollywood. I've already seen Terminator, Predator and enough of Transformers I don't need to see this watered down bastardisation of what was originally by no means a perfect movie, but a solid one that was a classic example of 80's cinema. Everyone needs to pay the bills, that's got to be the only reason Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Sam Jackson must have said yes to this.

#28 Edited by ARMIV2 (8847 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the original Robocop in years, so my opinion on this trailer is coming from what I've seen of just that alone. What I'm getting from it is...not bad...I think. I hope they don't keep him in the black suit for the entire thing. It is a lovely color, but it kinda kills some of the iconic-ness of the character.

#29 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

they gave me a sliver of hope for 5 seconds then the tactical line happened.

#30 Posted by Gambit474 (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

The black armor looks stupid. What's worse is this makes me think of Iron Man more then robocop. Like a black ops Iron Man

#31 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

I see it seperate from the original. And as such it could be a fun popcorn flick.

#32 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like it's focusing on much more heavier themes than original - which kind of glossed over them.

Expectations set to low - but I'm not hating the look.

#33 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the powers that be (OCP) allowed them to create Robocop with Murphy's right arm this time? In the original, they said they could salvage it, but were told to scrap everything and just keep the nervous system. This is an interesting idea. Could mean a more human Robocop. Interesting...i wont say i like it till i see it, but its interesting.

#34 Posted by Samimista (21028 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm open for new stuff, this doesn't seem bad.

I agree! =D

#35 Posted by MixMastaMicah5 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I don't know...the effects weren't particularly too well rounded (alas it is a trailer for movie that hasn't ceased production) and it reminded me of a mixture between Elysium and Dredd 3D, both of which I think captured the spirit of their respective characters better. I'll still check it though.

#36 Edited by slacker the hacker (7806 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really sure how I feel about this.

Doubt it will be as good as the first bur hopefully it will be good.

#37 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

The filming of it is causing a lot of headaches where I am -- especially at a particular college campus where a couple of my friends has just about had it with the film crew. That alone has got me wanting to watch the film, just the annoy them.

Still though -- PG-13 for what is essentially a dark subject is purely for the toys they're hoping to pump out to the kids. I don't expect much outside of a fun enough movie.

#38 Edited by frogdog (3538 posts) - - Show Bio

First off PG-13 and Robocop mix together like oil and water, the cartoon was shite and the direct to video squeals made robocop 3 look oscar worthy. Trying to make robocop sell for kids, is what killed the brand in the first place.

Second why the hell would you relase a robocop trailer, without any funny adverts.

Third Murphy death in this movie is lame.

Hope this abomination of a robocop reboot fails.