#1 Posted by Inverno (12835 posts) - - Show Bio

-____- Excuse me as I jump from a very high tower with no bale of hay on the bottom.

Prolific comics man Rob Liefeld – who helped launch Image back in the early 1990s with his Youngblood series, and created "Merc with a mouth" Deadpool – is developing one of his newer titles for the screen. He’s struck a deal with producers Todd Garner and Brooklyn Weaver to turn Godysseyinto a movie.

Tapping into a similar vein of storytelling as Immortals and Wrath Of The Titans, Godyssey finds some of the bigger names in the pantheon – Zeus, Buddha, Ra and Pangu – teaming up to fight a legion of fallen gods. The stakes? Why, the fate of mankind, of course! Did you think there would be a trophy made out of Kit Kat wrappers?

It’s not the first project that Liefeld and Weaver have put into development: alongside the endlessly shifting Deadpool, another of the writer’s titles, Bloodstrike, is tunnelling through the process at Adi Shankar’s 1984 Private Defense Contractors production company.

Godyssey certainly sounds like an interesting prospect; and the blending of various gods gives us hope that it won’t just cover the same old ground we’ve seen before. Of course, it’ll need some divine intervention to make it through the fiery halls of development. Oh, and apparently Jesus is one of the kick-ass heroes in the book, but most likely won't appear in the film. Probably because the protests would be starting now if he did...

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: what is godyssy about ?

#3 Posted by Inverno (12835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

In the comic, it about a vision of Jesus Christ fighting the Olympic Gods. Bare-handed. If the premise sounds awesome to you, don't get excited because its not even put to good use in the comic itself.

#4 Posted by Sideslash (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@Z3RO180 said:

In the comic, it about a vision of Jesus Christ fighting the Olympic Gods. Bare-handed. If the premise sounds awesome to you, don't get excited because its not even put to good use in the comic itself.

Jesus fighting Olympians?

Sht just got biblical.

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: No ohh dear god now im all up for a god show down but one with Jesus just sounds so f*cking stupid its doent even sound good

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: lol

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus VS Olympians is f**king hilarious.

#8 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh ****...

First DmC is released, and now this?

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

...I'd watch this.

#10 Posted by Samimista (20226 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you serious? This actually legit?

#11 Posted by laflux (11123 posts) - - Show Bio

I find ironic that at the time I wrote this reply- the thread was just below why does evil exist..................

#12 Posted by JonSmith (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Tapping into a similar vein of storytelling as Immortals and Wrath Of The Titans, Godyssey finds some of the bigger names in the pantheon – Zeus, Buddha, Ra and Pangu – teaming up to fight a legion of fallen gods. The stakes? Why, the fate of mankind, of course!

Aside from that, meh. At least if it's a movie I won't have to see Liefeld's art.

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

The actors are all going to have to have tons of steroids if they're going to portray any of Liefeld's characters.

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because a movie gets announced doesn't mean it's getting made. Where's the Youngblood movie?

#15 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations to him.

#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale was Jesus once, so if this is a movie about Jesus kicking ass i vote for Christian Bale as Jesus and Liam Neeson as Zeus.

I mean, Mary the mother of Jesus was Pernilla August (Shmi Skywalker) and his father was God, since pretty much God is the Force, it means Jesus is the younger brother of Darth Vader and he is Batman, it explains the costume if you think about it.

Yes i belive in all the things Jesus say(Still not a Christian), still i make fun of the fact Christian Bale play Jesus and Batman and that Perinlla August play Mary and Shmi Skywalker.

Is like this thing about, Zeus talking trash about Jesus for being to dumb and give his life to save mankind?

The Jesus say, my mom was human and no one speack shit about my mom and then he start using his kung fu skills?

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13965 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

You don want to live in a world where Jesus is Batman?

#20 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like one of those movies that will suck hordes of ass but have an AWESOME soundtrack.

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Godyssey even get past like 1 issue? 
How they gonna make that into a movie?

#22 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie would be a milisecond long

Jesus could solo every pagan deity in under a second.

#23 Posted by KingOfAsh (3268 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by God_Spawn (36023 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

The actors are all going to have to have tons of steroids if they're going to portray any of Liefeld's characters.

All the ladies will be anorexic with large butt implants and the men's feet will be crushed and shoved in a child's 9 shoe.

Moderator Online
#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

All the ladies will be anorexic with large butt implants and the men's feet will be crushed and shoved in a child's 9 shoe.

You won't even see the feet in the first place. They'll all be cut from the scenes.

#26 Edited by Inverno (12835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Did Godyssey even get past like 1 issue? How they gonna make that into a movie?

From the looks of it, they are just taking the main idea to make a movie on its own, rather than adapting the comic itself. It doesn't help the "premise" where Jesus fights the Olympic Gods doesn't go beyond a vision received by two characters inside the story, so there wasn't much to work with in the first place.

#27 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you...wait, Jesus won't be making an appearance, I can save all my "No" reactions.

#28 Posted by ScruffyNerfherder (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is going to offend many people.

#29 Posted by ARMIV2 (7728 posts) - - Show Bio

...Ummmm...