• 108 results
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

This was just posted over at Giant Bomb:

Giant Bomb has suffered a profound loss.

Ryan Davis passed away on July 3rd. He was 34.

Obviously we’re all stunned over here. Ryan was a good friend to all of us. It’s odd to remember that, for someone who could be so acerbic at times, and despite knowing him for almost a decade, I honestly don’t recall ever actually being mad at him. He had an unconventional type of kindness that expressed itself more strongly the longer one knew him, and despite his teasing nature, he always managed to make his close friends feel loved when his attention turned towards you.

Many of you know that Ryan was recently married. In the face of this awfulness, many of us will at least always remember him as we last saw him: outrageously, uproariously happy, looking forward to his next adventure with the biggest grin his face could hold.

The consolation we can feel from that is miniscule compared to the hole that Ryan’s absence will leave in our lives. That’s not a hole that is possible to fill; it’s just something that we’ll just have to get used to walking around with, and that will not happen for a long, long time.

Man, I don't even no what to say about this... Ryan WAS Giant Bomb, he was such a funny guy... I'm just kind of in shock here.

RIP big guy.

#2 Edited by mikethekiller (8157 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn that crazy

RIP Ryan Davis.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw this on Twitter...I'm still in shock about this considering I watched a lot of Quick Looks with Ryan in them and he was awfully funny as well as the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run...Wow I just wish this isn't true.

My condolences to Ryan's family as well as the GB crew. They have lost a great one here.

#5 Posted by Mild_Karl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gutted, I can't believe this is real.

#6 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesheepherder: Yea when I first seen the headline post I thought Ryan must be leaving Giant Bomb since he just got married stuff but then I read it an I was just so shocked, I can't believe it

#7 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. Rest in peace Ryan!

#8 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I actually thought this was just a joke by Alex and Jeff when I first saw it... :(

God I really wish it was.

#9 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I actually thought this was just a joke by Alex and Jeff when I first saw it... :(

God I really wish it was.

Yea, I wound't even be mad =(

#10 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so tragic and awful. Poor poor guy.

#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally just seen Matt's status and I was deeply shocked. I don't go over to Giant Bomb as much as I should, but when I do I always loved Ryan's enthusiasm and presence, something I always enjoyed whenever he was involved in a Comic Vine video and especially in those big live live shows. My sincerest condolences to his friends and family, RIP.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (15993 posts) - - Show Bio

I never heard of the guy til now but man this is terrible news. My condolences are with the friends and family of Ryan for their loss.

#13 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

My condolences.

#14 Edited by Xwraith (10862 posts) - - Show Bio

34?! I never browsed Giant Bomb, but we lost him far too soon.

#15 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I never heard of the guy til now but man this is terrible news. My condolences are with the friends and family of Ryan for their loss.

This. R.I.P.

#16 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: @lvenger: Him and Jeff Gersman founded Giant Bomb, you might have seen him on the Big Live Live Show Live or the Whiskey Media Happy Hour?

Ryan Davis Boss Of All Bosses

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Best wishes to the family and friends of Ryan Davis in their time of mourning.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (15993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Oh he was the founder of Giant Bomb? It's sad I don't know that. I don't have time to watch the Big Live Show or Happy Hour. Damn it's such a shame what happened to him

#19 Posted by mikethekiller (8157 posts) - - Show Bio

It really is crazy when you think about it, I was just listening to the guy on some old quick looks and now he's gone.

#20 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I don't know they haven't said yet. The saddest part is he just got married the other week

#21 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to try my best to lighten the mood so here you guys go

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan was a treasure amongst the gaming community at large. That much is certain. I cannot hold back the tears for the pain that his family and friends are feeling right now. You've forever changed my life Ryan despite how petty that sounds.

R.I.P. Duder, we will miss you. Game on.

#26 Posted by Chaos Prime (10582 posts) - - Show Bio

Rest in Peace Ryan

#27 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by ThePRez (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in shocked and sad about this news. I never cry for someone that I havent met in person, but this one really got me. It's really sad that he was young. Como sea, a pesar que se nos fue, el estara en un mejor lugar. Que descanses en paz.

#29 Edited by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

My condolences.

#30 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: He was trending 3rd world wide, just shows you how much he will be missed and that the world is a worse place without him

#31 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3403 posts) - - Show Bio

My condolences to friends and family.

#32 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (8021 posts) - - Show Bio

This is sad news indeed.My condolences to his family and friends.

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Samimista (20177 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can't believe this. Almost everyday for a year now I lurk on GiantBomb. Such a surprise. I almost thought this was an actual joke until I saw other people's replies and comments. Just wow...He was real young. 0.0 Knew he was getting married but didn't know the wedding already passed. RIP Ryan Davis you will be missed.

#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

Tearing up right now. This is unbelievably awful.

#36 Posted by Xenon_ (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah RIP :(

#37 Edited by slacker the hacker (7775 posts) - - Show Bio

To Ryan

Though you were taken to soon. I hope you enjoy yourself wherever you were.

Keep on gaming.

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
R.I.P

#39 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to hear this and condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace.

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Vaeternus (8306 posts) - - Show Bio

That's horrible. How did he die so sudden? He seemed like a nice guy.

#42 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

very sad, condolences to his wife, family and friends.

#43 Posted by King Saturn (222794 posts) - - Show Bio

Rest In Peace Buddy

#44 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, this is awful news. Very sad indeed. RIP Ryan, you were taken too soon from us.

#45 Edited by Samimista (20177 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P

Such a funny guy he was. Did not expect to hear this at all.
#46 Posted by KRYPTON (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate 2 hear news like this.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:
R.I.P

Such a funny guy he was. Did not expect to hear this at all.

Ah the genesis of Cool Baby lol. Think I'm going to do a Ryan Davis Quick look marathon in memory.

#48 Posted by Samimista (20177 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Might do the same as well. I never really sign into my GiantBomb account (same username as this one) but usually check out the latest gaming news on there and lurk the Off-Topic section. Really awesome community there. Still can't believe this though. What a surprise.

#49 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

Rest in Peace.