RFID Chip: Your Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hate the idea of having something foreign inside my body. I don't care how small it is. If there is a national push for every citizen to have it. I will gladly leave. Personally, I think it is a major violation of human rights.

Anyways thats just my opinion...What is yours?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator

Against it.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You will be assimilated
You will be assimilated

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people felt that way about Social Security Numbers.

There's chips in pets.

It's only a matter of time.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lykopis said:

Some people felt that way about Social Security Numbers.

There's chips in pets.

It's only a matter of time.

Its the mark of the beast!!!!!

The Antichrist will return!!!!! Asaehaieucga4aeqwefdnauhgw *Mimicking speaking in tongues*

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

lol - Nostradamus predicted it.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Not a fan. Technology gets abused and i prefer not to have it in my body because of it. Though that's a bit hypocritical of me because my brothers life was saved because of it.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Samimista
Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

I don't have a problem with cybernetic implants...

The government isn't going to force chips v.v

RFID chips in general I would never trust simply because they are incredibly insecure. Look up Adam Savage's Key Note presentations at The Last HOPE.

Or better yet...here...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a transhumanist at heart and am a firm believer that the human body is something to be improved rather than a perfect ideal.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan. Technology gets abused and i prefer not to have it in my body because of it. Though that's a bit hypocritical of me because my brothers life was saved because of it.

That's the thing. Your example is what makes me not want to interrupt innovative technology because of the tremendous good it can do. At the same time, I just think there should be very real and enforceable laws and protocols to ensure they don't become abused by corporations. YET -- it's the corporations' funding and even specific facilities where such technology is created so where's the control? For every country that slams the foot down on it's own domestic (and foreign-owned) companies, there is another country willing to do what it takes and corner a market for it. Think of cosmetic surgeries, organ transplants and surrogacy.

Scary stuff. I am grateful your brother is alive.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I certainly wouldn't want one.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@lykopis: i dunno. I'm a bit torn on the subject. I think it's great because of all the good it can do, but i can't forget about the bad either and how easily it can get abused.

And my brother is 'fine' now. He has just lost a lot of his heart capacity (only 20% left) so he gets tired a lot faster than those with a healthy heart. He had the same thing you hear with athletes, healthy and normal but suddenly drop during a match due to a stroke. He now has an ICD (implantable cardioverter-defibrillator) which will give him a shock when his heart will show an abnormal (absence of) heart rhythm.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is a RFID Chip?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is a RFID Chip?

Radio Frequency Identification Chip. Currently they are implanted in certain cards and also machinery for many reasons, one being inventory control. As for biological, they are mostly inserted into animals for processing but they are quite common for household pets. It's the idea of inserting them into human beings which are iffy and the controversy is mostly generated by that.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Durakken

@lykopis said:

@supernategames said:

What is a RFID Chip?

Radio Frequency Identification Chip. Currently they are implanted in certain cards and also machinery for many reasons, one being inventory control. As for biological, they are mostly inserted into animals for processing but they are quite common for household pets. It's the idea of inserting them into human beings which are iffy and the controversy is mostly generated by that.

Humans don't need them ^.^ We carry around cell phones that can easily be tracked as long as they're on.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I would never subject myself to something like this. I would gladly leave if it became enforced. I would build my very own cabin in the outskirts of Canada and gain the trust of every moose and bear I run into. Then we would wait and strike when the time came, because I would be Canadian and thats just what they do.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken:

Yep, that is true. There's the idea of inserting it into babies, that sort of thing.

I would never subject myself to something like this. I would gladly leave if it became enforced. I would build my very own cabin in the outskirts of Canada and gain the trust of every moose and bear I run into. Then we would wait and strike when the time came, because I would be Canadian and thats just what they do.

It is. :P