• 55 results
Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Stop this, you run out of arguments, you did with me and used the whole engrish argument, that is a way to sound like if you "win", but actually is used when a person run out of arguments and need to say something, so they keep going until the other guy quits.

what the hell are you even talking about at this point? I've had arguments this entire time,m your just ignoring them

Here you are using the keep replying until the other guy quits, so it means you "win", since the other guy quits.

I'm going to keep replying until you have an actual reason

\

I am using the no reply technique, when some on run out of arguments and you dont reply to him, but post a strong argument against everything the other guy said, since it look that is not related the other guy is not going to reply since he "won", because the other person "quit".

seriously, why do you think I've run out of arguments?

also, you haven't posted any strong arguments (seriously, would you be okay is dsmeone refused to heal your loved ones?)

I have been online to have seen this things to death.

I...what does this statement mean?

Stop this, you run out of arguments, you did with me and used the whole engrish argument, that is a way to sound like if

Death is the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain a particular livingorganism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include biological aging(senescence), predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, murder and accidents or trauma resulting in terminal injury.[1]Bodies of living organisms begin to decompose shortly after death. The death of an organism also results in a permanent absence of consciousness.

yeah, I know what death means

There is nothing natural to undo those things, when some one died because the circle of life had get to his end and there wasnt anything unnatural about it, when Q kills them, there is something unnatural about it, since he alter reallity to do this.

there's nothing natural to move faster than light either

hey, you know what's natural? cancer.

you know what's unnatural? chemotherapy

and there's nothing natural to light dark crevices, so does that mean fire is a corruption of teh circle of life that should not be used because people didn't invent it?

seriously, the "natural" argument doesn't make any sense

Also this whole argument is based on death is bad and evil, no one actually hates death, they hate life for the way it is, they want life to be the way they belive it should be, so its not going to stop at this, it will keep until you have take out everything to mankind, the good things in life are in there because of the bad thing, without the bad thing there is no good things.

so genocide is good becasue it accentuates everything good that happens?

I mean, if people didn't hate death, I don't think medicine would exist, or murder would be a crime

People will stop having a reason to do things, to get better and having free will, since an unnatural force would at the end take all the decisions.

the same thing could be said about replicators

Thir unnatural and make scarcity stop existing, but you (and Picard) seem to accept those with no real problem

and for people stopping doing stuff...I don't think that would happen. I think immortal people would be motivated to do a lot more stuff becasue of their boredom and lack of fear, and you really supplied no reason that immortals would do nothing

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That wasn't the episode Sisko lived the life of a struggling writer during more racial times; it actually happened. How was the ever expanding anti-time bubble not a threat to creation? At least the creation we actually care about? - As far as the Star Trek universe was concerned - everything Trek ceased to be (short of the Q themselves) and if it wasn't for Picard there would be no Federation, likely no wormhole gods and more or less a big void of empty galaxy.

No matter how you slice it - Picard had on more than one occasion prevented the Federation from being destroyed, ceasing to be and actually participated in historical events to have his future exist (as in the most important in human history; first contact) and then-some. Sisko while having a fun run had no where near the influence Picard did shaping his universe. That's namely why the Federation built a Picard statue.

Let's put it in another way - Sisko was ecstatic to shake Kirk's hand - Picard got to befriend and bury Kirk.

@betatesthighlander1 said:

Q more often than not went to the Enterprise to directly interact with Picard - Q went to Deep Space Nine chasing Picards old flame through the worm-hole. The punch had no impact on Q's behavior on that station - he went about his business right after and was completely fine after said punch with a smile responding to Sisko's 'I'm not picard' with 'No, you're far easier to provoke'. Q didn't leave the station till his business with Vash.

Sisko didn't hurt Q.

great job not responding to any of the actual points that I raised

and Sisko might not have hurt Q, but he impressed him a lot more than Picard ever did

You made two claims: One consisting of Q giving a damn about Sisko despite never visiting him again. Two Sisko's punch had some impact of Q's lack of visitation of DS9 afterwards. Both of which are hogwash and wishful speculation your part. After his visit to DS9 was all said and done - Q never came back and his interaction with Sisko consisted of showing the audience that 'Sisko is no Picard.'

Trying to argue Q was more impressed or interested in Sisko - despite the actual investment of time Q puts into meddling with Picard's life - past, present and future - is ridiculous.

You really have no reason for him not to bring back the girl(still)

Y pour idea of "snapping fingers" doesn't really make any sense, the Nexus also made everything easier

okay, so, if someone could bring your dead 6-year-old back to life, and they gave that stuff about death giving life meaning (which is still an emotional argument, not actual substance to what your saying) you's be entirely fine with that?

I mean, seriously, you've still given no reason and your just so conceited that it would have been the right thing to do, do you ahte children?

Better? Q actions consisted of fantasy monsters that killed Worf and Wesley - forcing Riker to use that power to restore them and bring them back on-board the Enterprise. You keep ignoring the entire point of that girl was to compel Riker to do what Q wanted, join the continuum and play God with them. Yes it would have been easy to bring the girl back - but it would have been a hollow action - an affront to how life works in Star Trek - she was gone and that's that.

The Nexus didn't make anything easy; Picard was in his own personal heaven - what the Nexus did was provide him a method of going back to stop Saren - physically preventing him from doing what he ultimately accomplished - this time with Kirk. Nothing about it was easy or playing god.

The exact same concept has been played around within fiction dozens of times; generally the ideal point to be made when something is meant to die - it's meant to stay dead. Doing otherwise is disturbing how things work - how its supposed to work.

I don't hate kids - I just don't enjoy trolling. You're going to keep harping on this as some sort of fault on Picard's part and ignoring the entire context of why it happened to begin with.

Picard is the finest Captain in all of Star Fleet. - This is a fact.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That wasn't the episode Sisko lived the life of a struggling writer during more racial times; it actually happened. How was the ever expanding anti-time bubble not a threat to creation? At least the creation we actually care about? - As far as the Star Trek universe was concerned - everything Trek ceased to be (short of the Q themselves) and if it wasn't for Picard there would be no Federation, likely no wormhole gods and more or less a big void of empty galaxy.

No matter how you slice it - Picard had on more than one occasion prevented the Federation from being destroyed, ceasing to be and actually participated in historical events to have his future exist (as in the most important in human history; first contact) and then-some. Sisko while having a fun run had no where near the influence Picard did shaping his universe. That's namely why the Federation built a Picard statue.

Let's put it in another way - Sisko was ecstatic to shake Kirk's hand - Picard got to befriend and bury Kirk.

what did the writer episodes have to do with anything? why even mention those?

and no, the Anti-Time bubble was never stated to be a universal threat, and I think the subjugation of the federation, Klingons, etc. is much more threatening, in terms of storytelling, than the stuff just never existing

as for the time buble, ewe still don't know that it was anything more than one of Q's tricks (or that the other timelines were even real). I mean, we don't reallyt get later references to anything that happened in that episode (Worf/Troi)

and yes, Piard does tend to get in situations where easily defeated enemies are doing crazy shenanigans, and he usually takes the obvious answer when presented (except he never tried to do anything with teleporting that anti--life gas they had on board, so there's that)

Sisko actually respected Kirk, and took his temporal responsibility to not make random vhanges to history

Picard did get to bury Kirk, because Picard is far to incompetent to beat some random guy in a fistfight, or, I don't know, use tome travel intelligently

Q more often than not went to the Enterprise to directly interact with Picard - Q went to Deep Space Nine chasing Picards old flame through the worm-hole. The punch had no impact on Q's behavior on that station - he went about his business right after and was completely fine after said punch with a smile responding to Sisko's 'I'm not picard' with 'No, you're far easier to provoke'. Q didn't leave the station till his business with Vash.

Sisko didn't hurt Q.

great job not responding to any of the actual points that I raised

and Sisko might not have hurt Q, but he impressed him a lot more than Picard ever did

You made two claims: One consisting of Q giving a damn about Sisko despite never visiting him again. Two Sisko's punch had some impact of Q's lack of visitation of DS9 afterwards. Both of which are hogwash and wishful speculation your part. After his visit to DS9 was all said and done - Q never came back and his interaction with Sisko consisted of showing the audience that 'Sisko is no Picard.'

Trying to argue Q was more impressed or interested in Sisko - despite the actual investment of time Q puts into meddling with Picard's life - past, present and future - is ridiculous.

Q never visited Sisko again because eh was afraid

Q messes with Picard because Picard gets mad, he actually has emotional reactions and takes what Q says at face value, tries to argue against him, etc.

Sisko, on the other hand, was totally calm the entire time and just punched Q in the face , there was nor emotional reaction in his strike, he just took advantage of Q's trolling

Picard was interesting becasue he was so annal-retentive about denying everything Q ever says or does

You really have no reason for him not to bring back the girl(still)

Y pour idea of "snapping fingers" doesn't really make any sense, the Nexus also made everything easier

okay, so, if someone could bring your dead 6-year-old back to life, and they gave that stuff about death giving life meaning (which is still an emotional argument, not actual substance to what your saying) you's be entirely fine with that?

I mean, seriously, you've still given no reason and your just so conceited that it would have been the right thing to do, do you ahte children?

Better? Q actions consisted of fantasy monsters that killed Worf and Wesley - forcing Riker to use that power to restore them and bring them back on-board the Enterprise. You keep ignoring the entire point of that girl was to compel Riker to do what Q wanted, join the continuum and play God with them. Yes it would have been easy to bring the girl back - but it would have been a hollow action - an affront to how life works in Star Trek - she was gone and that's that.

The Nexus didn't make anything easy; Picard was in his own personal heaven - what the Nexus did was provide him a method of going back to stop Saren - physically preventing him from doing what he ultimately accomplished - this time with Kirk. Nothing about it was easy or playing god.

The exact same concept has been played around within fiction dozens of times; generally the ideal point to be made when something is meant to die - it's meant to stay dead. Doing otherwise is disturbing how things work - how its supposed to work.

I don't hate kids - I just don't enjoy trolling. You're going to keep harping on this as some sort of fault on Picard's part and ignoring the entire context of why it happened to begin with.

Picard is the finest Captain in all of Star Fleet. - This is a fact.

okay, so your saying that you shouldn't join a society that values human life?

yes, going back in time and changing what already happenned is playing God

and the "disturbing how things work argument is simply terrible. It's fdark at night, does artifivcial lighting corrupt life? cancer is a natural disease, does that make chemotherapy immoral? and death is something doctor's have managed to reverse, does that mean real medicine is abominable?

okay, well, Scotty died and was brought back to life, does that make him an abomination?

Picard specifically decided that that one chold shouldn't have been brought back to life,a nd the crew should have; becasue he valued his own crew more. and whether or not Q actually did anything shouldn't make any difference, because anything taht happens in the universe could be Q's fault.

glad to know how little you value human life

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By isaac_clarke
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke:

Sisko is the Emmisarry of the Prophets man

I would imagine that Q \could get on a lot of trouble for spoiling the plans of another "omnipotent" race