Relive a day of your life

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else find themselves constantly reminiscing over the past? Wanting to relive a fading memory, or maybe a memorable event, or just experience again what it was like to be a certain age? I'm a Nostalgic and there are multiple days I would love to go back and relive, but if I had to pick one day and only one, it would probably be my 15th birthday. For me, the main reason for this would be to see my Father again. Without getting into sentimental details, he died back in 2010 and I miss him every day of my life. On top of that, I remember that being one of my best birthdays, got everything I wanted that year and I remember having a really fun time.

Which day of your life would you choose to relive?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I would go back and choose to not to buy my POS car, which was in retrospect a POS but I was blinded by my love for the model.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

October 1, 2012.

The day my dog that I grew up with (my mom got two dogs a year before I was born and one died when I was like 9 so I don't remember it as well but this one that died was a sister to me). The morning of that day started as a normal Monday, waking up at 7:00 AM to change and get ready for school but then around 7:45-7:50 when I was about to leave for school my dog looked at me. When she looked at me she had such a sad look in her eye and so I hugged her and as I was walking out the door she kissed my hand as if she was saying goodbye. I told my mom this on the way to school and I begged her to let me stay home that day because I felt like something might happen to her (my dog). My mom told me my dad would have a fit if I stayed home that day but that she would pick me up at 2:00 so that I would get home at least a little early. She the. Promised me that she would stay home with her (my dog) until I got home. She kept that promise, but then she left to go pick me up around 1:50ish and so I went with her back to the house and we walked in at 2:05-2:06. My dog was lying down in her little dog bed where she always sits in the exact same position my mom left her. Her eyes were wide open and were staring right into me, blankly, I dropped everything and was paralyzed with fear and sorrow. My mom asked me what's wrong as we just walked in the door and she didn't even walk in all the way yet. I remained silent. She proceeded to walk in and she looked at where I was staring... My dog had died. It seemed as if she waited for me to come home so that she could see me one more time before she went because I don't see any other explanation as to how she was staring directly at me when I walked in.

I would want to relive this day so that I could spend her last few hours together and enjoy her while she lived. I wouldn't want to stop her from dying as she was an old 14 yea old white shepherd/yellow lab mix which is a very descent life span for a dog of her size so it was probably her time anyway.

No Caption Provided

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Oh I would have to relive a few days to fix things lol

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I actually always imagine points in my life and tell them in my mind how I would tell the story to other people. Day I'd pick would be most recent Christmas. We had it with my grandfather and great aunty at my brothers house and we just had heaps of fun, all I'd change was that I would try to stop my brother making us watch the Lone Ranger, it is not a good movie. :)

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

There are a lot of day I would want to relieve. My past birthday is one of them. I really wasn't expecting much for my birthday didn't really get any happy bday post on my FB. None of my friends text me telling me happy bday. My parents both had to work on my bday. But there were two bright spots. @samimista made me a happy birthday thread were a lot of people I knew and didn't wished me a happy bday which was very nice and thoughtful of her to do for me and I still appreciate her kindness on that day. And the second was my friend took me out on my birthday for a memorable night. She took me to a pirate adventure show with dinner and a show. It was great because I love pirates and my birthday is in October so it was a halloween themed show which made it even better. I was picked to rise the pirate flag which was awesome and my friend even bought me a TMNT birthday cake which I ate all by myself. It was the best birthday I could have asked for. Another day I would want to relieve would be my high school's grad night. I really never thought that I would not see many of my old high school friends and if I would have known that I would have never wanted for my grand night to end. Our school had our grad night at Disneyland and we spend the whole night there from 7pm to 7am the park was all ours. I still remember me and all my friends buying glow in the dark sun glasses going on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride watching the fire works. I think the last day I would want to relieve would be any of the track meets I had during my high school days. Our track team was one of the best track teams in L.A history and we won so many meets and also had so much fun. Our team had so much character so many individuals with different personalities that even our coach was sad and wanted to cry once our award dinner ended. I could care less which day I'm given if I could just relieve one day being back together with all my other track teammates I would be happy.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I had a day in 5th grade toward the end of the year where we went to a arcade/go-kart/laser-tag/mini-golf place to celebrate our promotion from elementary schoolers to middle schoolers. I had a fantastic time with three of my closest friends, and to relive such a simple, fun time would be incredible.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite a few to choose from...but I'll go with Monday of this week; January 20th, 2014.
Went to the beach with a friend who I met only a few months ago and have had almost no time to spend with her other than. We ate Coldstones, drew on the beach, made sand sculptures around my feet, window shopped and then got sodas at CVS. I know it sounds really basic and simple, but that was something that I so desperately need more of in my life. Time to just unwind and relax with people you can just click with. One of those days were I just praised God that I was alive and out.

*sigh*...

Then the next day happened. Wasn't too terrible, but it wasn't Monday.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Samimista

@humanrocket: Aw man. 0.0 I am sorry to hear about your Birthday! Is it usually like that every year? Next year for your Birthday, we need to have a bigger bash for you somehow! Thank you very much though dearie. ^__^ I know it may sound silly but, I always love celebrating Birthdays on here since it really shows how close the site is? Basically like a happy family here.

For my Birthday I was actually quite surprised because @sc made me this beautiful drawing of Solid Snake, Grey Fox and Aerith together. 0.0

No Caption Provided

Really was tearing up over it and the Birthday wishes on here. It's funny how somebody miles away can feel so close to you? That's how I see this site. A very close family to visit whenever things aren't looking bright or when you just need someone to vent to.

How are you doing by the way? Reading any good comics? =D

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even two or three years ago seems better than now to me.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CF12793

@xwraith said:

Same here man. And it's not like anything was going on in 2011 or 2012 that was really that memorable. I think it's just an effect of getting older. :/

I wouldn't want to relive last year though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@xwraith said:

Same here man. And it's not like anything was going on in 2011 or 2012 that was really that memorable. I think it's just an effect of getting older. :/

I wouldn't want to relive last year though.

Me neither. Even though there were a handful of good things that happened.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Honestly there is not many moments in my life worth reliving......Maybe my 6th Birthday?

Yeah....My life has sucked for the most part.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

July 4th 2008, the day I got my first trade. It was my first exposure to comic books.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: hmmm not every year just this last one but it wasnt bad at all it turned out into one of the best birthdays I've had. I'm good just getting back in th groove of things here on the vine. Wasnt here much around Xmas time I was out of th country spending my vacations with my family so I wasn't here as much I used to. Yup got me some Avengers All New Invaders All New X Factor some Black Widow to read today. How have you been ?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: hmmm not every year just this last one but it wasnt bad at all it turned out into one of the best birthdays I've had. I'm good just getting back in th groove of things here on the vine. Wasnt here much around Xmas time I was out of th country spending my vacations with my family so I wasn't here as much I used to. Yup got me some Avengers All New Invaders All New X Factor some Black Widow to read today. How have you been ?

^_____^ I'm glad that you really had a great Birthday then! Yesterday my older brother turned 25 actually! I usually text him on midnight every year but, I accidentally texted him an hour later. >__< Dozed off for a bit. Though, I still was the first to wish him so! We had lunch together yesterday as well and I was over again today. =D He's my favorite sibling. ^__^

Ooh! How was your vacation? It must of been quite the experience going out of your country!

Ah! I read the latest Black Widow earlier today. Gonna read the two X-Factor issues tomorrow. =D

I've been great mate! Mostly been drinking hot chocolate as it's been a bit chilly out. XD

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: awwww that's cute that you always want to be th first to wish your bro a happy bday and yay! That you got to hang out with him again today.

Yah it was great different kind of experince having spent Christmas over there. My moms brothers and his family also went so I got to bond with my cousin and at the end I didn't want to leave! Hopefully I get to go again next year.

yummy that sounds good but here in LA it's summer weather so I replace hot chocolate with ice cream lol.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: awwww that's cute that you always want to be th first to wish your bro a happy bday and yay! That you got to hang out with him again today.

Yah it was great different kind of experince having spent Christmas over there. My moms brothers and his family also went so I got to bond with my cousin and at the end I didn't want to leave! Hopefully I get to go again next year.

yummy that sounds good but here in LA it's summer weather so I replace hot chocolate with ice cream lol.

^___^ He's one of my best friends. =D When I was little, I used to think he was Batman actually. 0.0 We still joke about that. xD

Ah! You live in the U.S.? =O Am in FL. Today isn't so bad but, really do miss the hot weather. 0.0

It's always nice visiting family! =D