#151 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"No offense to anyone here but religion is fake there are to many religions in this world that make no sense at all ...you have to follow rules from something you never seen b4 in your life...i should shut up before i end up on the poo poo list lolz"

Everybody need something to believe in...

#152 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"No offense to anyone here but religion is fake there are to many religions in this world that make no sense at all ...you have to follow rules from something you never seen b4 in your life...i should shut up before i end up on the poo poo list lolz"
Everybody need something to believe in..."
thats true , i beileve in the big bang"

The Big Bang ? You believe in Busta Rhymes last album ?

#153 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"oh yea the big bang is the source of all life with out that there would be no world full or the beautiful organism and scenery we have now"

#154 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:

The Big Bang ? You believe in Busta Rhymes last album ?"

Lolz good one

#155 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"King Saturn says:
"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
Wow,that sounded like a Colt Python post...lol."

LOL

#156 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:

I believe in something like the big bang but not quite a big bang.I don't think things appeared in a giant explosion...

#157 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:

Wow,that sounded like a Colt Python post...lol.

#158 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:

I believe in something like the big bang but not quite a big bang.I don't think things appeared in a giant explosion..."

i know i mean if the big bang did happend the ere would not be any world for organism to develop. im not saying that organisms came exactly from the big bang if thats what your thinking lolz

#159 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

How do you know its all fake? Like you said there are so many religions in the world so a few of them must have truth behind them. And the big bang theory isn’t even reliable in itself. Its one of many theory and unfortunately it’s the most well known.

#160 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Sephirim says:
How do you know its all fake? Like you said there are so many religions in the world so a few of them must have truth behind them. And the big bang theory isn’t even reliable in itself. Its one of many theory and unfortunately it’s the most well known."

Agreed.I ws going to say the same thing.I'm assuming that at some point all religions are right in their thinking.

#161 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

I think somehow religion and science ties in together a lot more than we think. You have to remember too that when the prophets and followers of Jesus, Buddha, Muhammed were writing there books, there knowledge of science wasnt that great anyways. They wrote basically what they thought God was telling them to write from there hearts, that didnt include scientific concepts.

#162 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"I think somehow religion and science ties in together a lot more than we think. You have to remember too that when the prophets and followers of Jesus, Buddha, Muhammed were writing there books, there knowledge of science wasnt that great anyways. They wrote basically what they thought God was telling them to write from there hearts, that didnt include scientific concepts. "

Even though I consider myself a christian because I was baptised that way...some of the stuff in the bible is unbelieveable to me.Adam and Eve...c'mon now!!!

#163 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Sephirim says:

How do you know its all fake? Like you said there are so many religions in the world so a few of them must have truth behind them. And the big bang theory isn’t even reliable in itself. Its one of many theory and unfortunately it’s the most well known."

Correct but The Big Bang Seems more logical then God creating the world(no Offense)? as far as religion..i considered them fake because they were man made, god didnt create religion a person who claims they received a revelation made the religion(example) Christianity and muslims.(not saying all religions is like that)

#164 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Vance Astro says:
"King Saturn says:
"I think somehow religion and science ties in together a lot more than we think. You have to remember too that when the prophets and followers of Jesus, Buddha, Muhammed were writing there books, there knowledge of science wasnt that great anyways. They wrote basically what they thought God was telling them to write from there hearts, that didnt include scientific concepts. "
Even though I consider myself a christian because I was baptised that way...some of the stuff in the bible is unbelieveable to me.Adam and Eve...c'mon now!!!"
Well the way it was written may not be correct but there is no denying that there had to be a male and female human in order to carry the gene and create the human race. "

True..Iunno wats comes from that though.How do we get so many races.If Adam and Eve were the first man and woman...did they birth us all? Weren't they Black,how do we get all of these other races from them? Did the give birth to cavemen? Did we actually come from cavemen and that's what Adam and Eve really were? So many questions.

#165 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"King Saturn says:

Even though I consider myself a christian because I was baptised that way...some of the stuff in the bible is unbelieveable to me.Adam and Eve...c'mon now!!!"

Well the way it was written may not be correct but there is no denying that there had to be a male and female human in order to carry the gene and create the human race.

#166 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"BlackPanther says:
"Vance Astro says:
"King Saturn says:
Well the way it was written may not be correct but there is no denying that there had to be a male and female human in order to carry the gene and create the human race. "

True..Iunno wats comes from that though.How do we get so many races.If Adam and Eve were the first man and woman...did they birth us all? Weren't they Black,how do we get all of these other races from them? Did the give birth to cavemen? Did we actually come from cavemen and that's what Adam and Eve really were? So many questions."

good question

#167 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"King Saturn says:

There have been many diffenerent therioes on Adam and Eve including the idea that God also created another person as well later on ( I will have to look it up ) but I know what you mean. Another crazy thing is the concept of Melchiseldec, many people beleive he is actually Jesus but in the New Testment he is described as a man with no beginnings and no ends. But he had a different ministry from Jesus and he came to Abraham in the Old Testement before Jesus was even born. So does that mean there are two high priests (Melchiseldec and Jesus) or is this simply a mistranslation ?

#168 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:
Correct but The Big Bang Seems more logical then God creating the world(no Offense)? as far as religion..i considered them fake because they were man made, god didnt create religion a person who claims they received a revelation made the religion(example) Christianity and muslims.(not saying all religions is like that)"

A superior being creating life is less logical then the world just appearing in a big explosion or big bang as they call it? How do you know that what is in the bible and what is in any religious book or thing that are practiced by them aren't passed down from people who actually truely did hear the voice of god.Everything has meaning.We may not know the meaning of life but i'm sure there is one.If there was a big bang,I'm assuming god caused it.Everything I guess but God had to come from something.

#169 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:
Correct but The Big Bang Seems more logical then God creating the world(no Offense)? as far as religion..i considered them fake because they were man made, god didnt create religion a person who claims they received a revelation made the religion(example) Christianity and muslims.(not saying all religions is like that)"

A superior being creating life is less logical then the world just appearing in a big explosion or big bang as they call it? How do you know that what is in the bible and what is in any religious book or thing that are practiced by them aren't passed down from people who actually truely did hear the voice of god.Everything has meaning.We may not know the meaning of life but i'm sure there is one.If there was a big bang,I'm assuming god caused it.Everything I guess but God had to come from something."

Good point there it makes sense, we will never know the answer to these religious theories there is no way they could be proven...thats why they are called beliefs ...i personally think this thread was a good topic...i can hear everyone elses beliefs...what you say makes sense ..hmph but if there was a god i would ask him why would he make the world so corrupt

#170 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:
A superior being creating life is less logical then the world just appearing in a big explosion or big bang as they call it? How do you know that what is in the bible and what is in any religious book or thing that are practiced by them aren't passed down from people who actually truely did hear the voice of god.Everything has meaning.We may not know the meaning of life but i'm sure there is one.If there was a big bang,I'm assuming god caused it.Everything I guess but God had to come from something."
Possibly. One thing that also got me was age in the Bible. There are people in the Bible who lived for 500-600 years. How ?"

Lol..there all Wolverine I guess.

#171 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:

Possibly. One thing that also got me was age in the Bible. There are people in the Bible who lived for 500-600 years. How ?"

These are questions that will dwell on the earth forever

#172 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:

Possibly. One thing that also got me was age in the Bible. There are people in the Bible who lived for 500-600 years. How ?

#173 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:
Good point there it makes sense, we will never know the answer to these religious theories there is no way they could be proven...thats why they are called beliefs ...i personally think this thread was a good topic...i can hear everyone elses beliefs...what you say makes sense ..hmph but if there was a god i would ask him why would he make the world so corrupt"

Well I would assume the answer to why is the world corrupt would be because the human world has gone out of control because we have free will and God doesn't control the outcome of your future.you do.This generation has taken free will way too far.

#174 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:
Good point there it makes sense, we will never know the answer to these religious theories there is no way they could be proven...thats why they are called beliefs ...i personally think this thread was a good topic...i can hear everyone elses beliefs...what you say makes sense ..hmph but if there was a god i would ask him why would he make the world so corrupt"
Well I would assume the answer to why is the world corrupt would be because the human world has gone out of control because we have free will and God doesn't control the outcome of your future.you do.This generation has taken free will way too far."

Yeah thats true.

#175 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:

Well I would assume the answer to why is the world corrupt would be because the human world has gone out of control because we have free will and God doesn't control the outcome of your future.you do.This generation has taken free will way too far."

But he knows the out come of you life why doesnt he do anything to Change it why would he just let everyone sit there and commit crimes and ruin the earths environment with pollution , it makes no sense he could take action but he chooses not too(at least thats what eveyone claims

#176 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Based on scientific study, the first human appeared in East Africa. Maybe that relates to Adam and Eve. As for religion being fake (according to Sephirim), I don't know what to say about that (Meaning I don't agree with it). I can honestly say that Christianity was.... well... **rigged**. Back in Ancient history (can't remember the time period), a group of Roman Catholic officials *hand-picked* certain teachings from Jesus Christ (The New Testament, basically.). Anything that they didn't need, they discarded. So, for all of you Christians out there (including me), note that whatever you're being taught is just a fraction of what Jesus's teachings were. There may be tons of things that we really don't know about Christianity. There are some things that we aren't learning because a group of religious guys didn't want us to know something. King Saturn says:
Possibly. One thing that also got me was age in the Bible. There are people in the Bible who lived for 500-600 years. How ?
The time back then was measured differently. I think years were measured in moon cycles then. "

Possibly.

#177 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on scientific study, the first human appeared in East Africa. Maybe that relates to Adam and Eve. As for religion being fake (according to Sephirim), I don't know what to say about that (Meaning I don't agree with it). I can honestly say that Christianity was.... well... rigged. Back in Ancient history (can't remember the time period), a group of Roman Catholic officials hand-picked certain teachings from Jesus Christ (The New Testament, basically.). Anything that they didn't need, they discarded. So, for all of you Christians out there (including me), note that whatever you're being taught is just a fraction of what Jesus's teachings were. There may be tons of things that we really don't know about Christianity. There are some things that we aren't learning because a group of religious guys didn't want us to know something.

King Saturn says:

The time back then was measured differently. I think years were measured in moon cycles then.

#178 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:
But he knows the out come of you life why doesnt he do anything to Change it why would he just let everyone sit there and commit crimes and ruin the earths environment with pollution , it makes no sense he could take action but he chooses not too(at least thats what eveyone claims"

Maybe God doesn't know the outcome of your life and that's the point of free will.If he did know how your life would begin and end that would mean even when you go to worship him that he enstilled that in you.Why would he make some people go to church or to the mosque or whatever and not others? Do why not all have the right to be saved? God works miracles supposedly but maybe he only works miracles for those who follow him,and sometimes he saves people who don't so maybe that will encourage them.If God saved everyone though,nobody would ever die and this process of life we all go through would be meaningless.

#179 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:
But he knows the out come of you life why doesnt he do anything to Change it why would he just let everyone sit there and commit crimes and ruin the earths environment with pollution , it makes no sense he could take action but he chooses not too(at least thats what eveyone claims"

Maybe God doesn't know the outcome of your life and that's the point of free will.If he did know how your life would begin and end that would mean even when you go to worship him that he enstilled that in you.Why would he make some people go to church or to the mosque or whatever and not others? Do why not all have the right to be saved? God works miracles supposedly but maybe he only works miracles for those who follow him,and sometimes he saves people who don't so maybe that will encourage them.If God saved everyone though,nobody would ever die and this process of life we all go through would be meaningless."

True...

#180 Posted by Sephirim (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Based on scientific study, the first human appeared in East Africa. Maybe that relates to Adam and Eve. As for religion being fake (according to Sephirim), I don't know what to say about that (Meaning I don't agree with it). I can honestly say that Christianity was.... well... **rigged**. Back in Ancient history (can't remember the time period), a group of Roman Catholic officials *hand-picked* certain teachings from Jesus Christ (The New Testament, basically.). Anything that they didn't need, they discarded. So, for all of you Christians out there (including me), note that whatever you're being taught is just a fraction of what Jesus's teachings were. There may be tons of things that we really don't know about Christianity. There are some things that we aren't learning because a group of religious guys didn't want us to know something.King Saturn says:

The time back then was measured differently. I think years were measured in moon cycles then.

"

iIs it true In Christianity some bibles written differently then others i heard one of my friend argue about that the other day

#181 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"Static Shock says:
"Based on scientific study, the first human appeared in East Africa. Maybe that relates to Adam and Eve. As for religion being fake (according to Sephirim), I don't know what to say about that (Meaning I don't agree with it). I can honestly say that Christianity was.... well... **rigged**. Back in Ancient history (can't remember the time period), a group of Roman Catholic officials *hand-picked* certain teachings from Jesus Christ (The New Testament, basically.). Anything that they didn't need, they discarded. So, for all of you Christians out there (including me), note that whatever you're being taught is just a fraction of what Jesus's teachings were. There may be tons of things that we really don't know about Christianity. There are some things that we aren't learning because a group of religious guys didn't want us to know something. King Saturn says:
The time back then was measured differently. I think years were measured in moon cycles then. "
iIs it true In Christianity some bibles written differently then others i heard one of my friend argue about that the other day"

Sort Of. Some books in the Bible were written by people that were considered Gnostics and there were at times inculded in Bibles. But the Church establisment at that time had sime Bible books banned (Book of Enoch, Book of Thomas) they claimed that these stories really didnt follow the guidelines of the other stories in the Bible. So the church thew them out and condenced the Bible into a smaller version leaving out several books.

#182 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

Well, he gives people the opportunity to live freely. Though, I can honestly tell you that whatever happens in this world is because God makes it happen. People are put through certain situations because God wants it that way. It's called His Grace, I believe. It may not make sense, but it's God's Grace that makes people the way they are, good or bad.

Is it true In Christianity some bibles written differently then others i heard one of my friend argue about that the other day

Yeah. I think the Hebrew Bible (The Tora) is the most accurate version. I believe it has everything in it. Though, I'm sure that when it was translated to the King James version in 1611, a lot of things were left out (explaining the Roman Catholic thing above). I don't think that a bunch of English scholars were readily able to translate Hebrew to English that easily in two weeks. Because, a lot of things in the Tora can be said the mean something else in contrast to what's written in the English Bible. A lot of this stuff came from an atheist religions major. He knew more stuff about my religion than I did.

#183 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

GUYS U SEIOUSLY GOTTA WATCH THIS!!!

#184 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

It he wants to make the point that Star Wars isn't real, why is he taking it so seriously?

#185 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

I think of all the religious traditional stories. The Story of Yakub from the Nation Of Islam is the most insane thing I have ever heard ever from a Catholic, Jewish or Islamic faith. That story is so way off.

#186 Posted by Ippy (179 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm an athiest and I honestly couldn't care less about what anyone thinks about that. To each his own.

#187 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can "prove" that God exists - or that he doesn't! Faith is about believing in something you cannot see. Christianity is not about provable facts - it is about faith.

#188 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Thorion says:

"No one can "prove" that God exists - or that he doesn't! Faith is about believing in something you cannot see. Christianity is not about provable facts - it is about faith."

Actually there is proof that some of the stories in the bible are true.Well some of them may not have happened as written but close enough.

#189 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Mighty Thorion says:
"No one can "prove" that God exists - or that he doesn't! Faith is about believing in something you cannot see. Christianity is not about provable facts - it is about faith."
Actually there is proof that some of the stories in the bible are true.Well some of them may not have happened as written but close enough."

Agreed - there is no doubt for example that Jesus Christ walked the earth - no serious historian would dispute that.

#190 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Thorion says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Mighty Thorion says:
Actually there is proof that some of the stories in the bible are true.Well some of them may not have happened as written but close enough."
Agreed - there is no doubt for example that Jesus Christ walked the earth - no serious historian would dispute that."

Yep. Christianity does have many solid facts that can be proven.

#191 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Mighty Thorion says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Mighty Thorion says:
Agreed - there is no doubt for example that Jesus Christ walked the earth - no serious historian would dispute that."
Yep. Christianity does have many solid facts that can be proven. "

C. S. Lewis - who wrote the chronicles of Narnia - said of Jesus, "Either he was who he claimed to be (Son of God) or he was a devil from hell. Let's not talk about him being a "good man" because he hasn't left that option open to us - nor did he intend to."

Seems to me that here is where faith comes in - while we accept Christ as a historical figure, it takes faith to accept the words of Jesus and in particular that he was resurrected from death.

#192 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Mighty Thorion says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Mighty Thorion says:
Yep. Christianity does have many solid facts that can be proven. "

C. S. Lewis - who wrote the chronicles of Narnia - said of Jesus, "Either he was who he claimed to be (Son of God) or he was a devil from hell. Let's not talk about him being a "good man" because he hasn't left that option open to us - nor did he intend to."

Seems to me that here is where faith comes in - while we accept Christ as a historical figure, it takes faith to accept the words of Jesus and in particular that he was resurrected from death.

#193 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#194 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

im a skeptic and an atheist.

#195 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Do i have a problem with organized religion?

No

Do i have a problem with indoctrinated religion?

Yes

Do i have a problem with having Faith?

No

Do i have a problem with being forced to believe a specific thing?

Yes

M

#196 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ever heard The Story of Yakub ?

#197 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Yes, but that does not prove that God exists, only that men observed things happening and ascribed them to God. Like MT said, it's about faith, not fact.

Buddha definitely walked the earth as well. Does that mean that reincarnation and Nirvana are facts?

Post Edited:2008-02-28 16:31:52

#198 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok guys.....let's let this thread die now, for good

We don't need to get into this kind of thing it's too controversial, any thoughts on someones religion can be PM'ed to them

grumbles stupid Christiansgrumbles

#199 Posted by Saakkara (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephirim says:

"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:

LMAO

its more logical that everything came into existence through a giant explosion that happened to make everything just perfect instead of being created by a higher being

do you know what logic is?

#200 Posted by Saakkara (314 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sephirim says:
"BlackPanther says:
"Sephirim says:

well I once heard somewhere that when the earth was new, which it would have been then the atmosphere was a lot better, allowing longer life span...I think there was some other stuff too but I can't remember

also, if you believe in the Tree of Life I have thought that since its fruit makes you immortal perhaps it took a while for it to wear off throughout the generations, and so lifespans got shorter and shorter

another thing is that perhaps we were meant to live that long, as after Noah and the flood is when God decides that man shall not live as long as they previously had...