Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

White Mage says:

"King Saturn says:
"I know God exists. Its just that the Free Will he gave mankind allows us surmize our own opinions about him. Free Will allows us to rationalize things and see things from a scientific perspective or a perspective that concludes fo facts unstead of the supernatural and truth. We choose to say there is no God cause we have the Free Will to and because there is no immediate punishment from God we say there is no God or cause we see kids in Africa starving to Death, or becuase God did nothing during the Holocaust we say how can there be a God ? But God is real and you can only see this if you have faith in him. You must choose to use your free will to believe in him otherwise you will never see his power and what he can really do for you. "
Should I play the organ now, or do you wanna post somethin else? LOL "

LOL. To be truthful I havent been to an actual church is three years. I believe from what I have seen God do in my life and his word. (These Churches are just buildings. God's presence really arent in them its somewhere else)

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I'm certain that if Lord of the Rings were written 2000 years ago we would all worship Frodo instead of Jesus.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Copy

fesak says:

"I'm certain that if Lord of the Rings were written 2000 years ago we would all worship Frodo instead of Jesus."

lol.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

fesak says:

"I'm certain that if Lord of the Rings were written 2000 years ago we would all worship Frodo instead of Jesus."

Nope. Cause Frodo wasnt a being who claimed to be God and did supernatural things like raise the dead, turn water to wine, walk on water, heal the sick . Nah bro, you have to also remember all the people who claimed to see Jesus after he rose from the dead and the fact that 4 of his followers wrote books about him and his own half brother John wrote a book about him. LOTR is a fictional book written by a professor, where Jesus had stories written about him by many people.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By WARLOCK2792

King Saturn says:

"White Mage says:
"King Saturn says:
"I know God exists. Its just that the Free Will he gave mankind allows us surmize our own opinions about him. Free Will allows us to rationalize things and see things from a scientific perspective or a perspective that concludes fo facts unstead of the supernatural and truth. We choose to say there is no God cause we have the Free Will to and because there is no immediate punishment from God we say there is no God or cause we see kids in Africa starving to Death, or becuase God did nothing during the Holocaust we say how can there be a God ? But God is real and you can only see this if you have faith in him. You must choose to use your free will to believe in him otherwise you will never see his power and what he can really do for you. "
Should I play the organ now, or do you wanna post somethin else? LOL "
LOL. To be truthful I havent been to an actual church is three years. I believe from what I have seen God do in my life and his word. (These Churches are just buildings. God's presence really arent in them its somewhere else)"
Oohh...I'll wait. LOL! j/k
Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Chameleone

King Saturn says:

"fesak says:

Nope. Cause Frodo wasnt a being who claimed to be God and did supernatural things like raise the dead, turn water to wine, walk on water, heal the sick . Nah bro, you have to also remember all the people who claimed to see Jesus after he rose from the dead and the fact that 4 of his followers wrote books about him and his own half brother John wrote a book about him. LOTR is a fictional book written by a professor, where Jesus had stories written about him by many people."

his half brother was James not John

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By fesak  Moderator

King Saturn says:

"fesak says:

Nope. Cause Frodo wasnt a being who claimed to be God and did supernatural things like raise the dead, turn water to wine, walk on water, heal the sick . Nah bro, you have to also remember all the people who claimed to see Jesus after he rose from the dead and the fact that 4 of his followers wrote books about him and his own half brother John wrote a book about him. LOTR is a fictional book written by a professor, where Jesus had stories written about him by many people."

Yeah, i feel there's no point in arguing you.

OK, just a little. Lotr is more believable.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Chameleone

King Saturn says:

"fesak says:

Good point

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

chameleone says:

"King Saturn says:
"fesak says:
his half brother was James not John"

What ? James wrote Revolation ? I will recheck.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Chameleone

King Saturn says:

"chameleone says:
"King Saturn says:
"fesak says:

What ? James wrote Revolation ? I will recheck."

no John wrote it in exile. But John was not Jesus' brother. James wrote the book of James

Avatar image for canadianwolverine
CanadianWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Religion...What do you think?"

IMHO, its bullshit, nothing good has ever come from it. Yes, even the social aspects, like human networking. Why? Because of fanatics who blindly follow other flawed human beings who then repeat the bullshit when they get promoted to the position of "teacher" aka brainwasher brainwashing other potential fanatics.

Just going to let that sink in for a second and then tell you I know there is a God from a personal relationship in which I am loved.

Personally, I am certain God loves those who bring up questions and seek answers, testing them for their irrefutable truth. Scientific method is unvarnished loving, IMHO. Just try to remember it used to be an accepted fact in scientific circles in the past that the earth was the center of the universe. ;) Theories today taken as fact today may be gone tomorrow.

Sometimes we seem like little children who go to their parents and say "If you are so big and mighty, why didn't you stop me from hurting myself, huh!?!" If you were that parent and love that child would you:

A) Remove all choice from them, have them never make a choice without your say so.

B) Ask them not to hurt themselves again and give them a choice.

;)

Religion sucks. Loving relationships are cool. :D

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

chameleone says:

"King Saturn says:
"chameleone says:
"King Saturn says:
"fesak says:
What ? James wrote Revolation ? I will recheck."
no John wrote it in exile. But John was not Jesus' brother. James wrote the book of James"
Yeah I knew John wrote Revolation. But I just had him and James mixed up about who was Jesus brother, I got it now.
Post Edited:2008-02-18 15:48:00
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

CanadianWolverine says:

""Religion...What do you think?" IMHO, its bullshit, nothing good has ever come from it. Yes, even the social aspects, like human networking. Why? Because of fanatics who blindly follow other flawed human beings who then repeat the bullshit when they get promoted to the position of "teacher" aka brainwasher brainwashing other potential fanatics. ... Just going to let that sink in for a second and then tell you I know there is a God from a personal relationship in which I am loved. Personally, I am certain God loves those who bring up questions and seek answers, testing them for their irrefutable truth. Scientific method is unvarnished loving, IMHO. Just try to remember it used to be an accepted fact in scientific circles in the past that the earth was the center of the universe. ;) Theories today taken as fact today may be gone tomorrow. Sometimes we seem like little children who go to their parents and say "If you are so big and mighty, why didn't you stop me from hurting myself, huh!?!" If you were that parent and love that child would you: A) Remove all choice from them, have them never make a choice without your say so. B) Ask them not to hurt themselves again and give them a choice. ;) Religion sucks. Loving relationships are cool. :D"

But certain facts (truths) are eternal. They never change.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Hadrelius

Religion has nothing to do with faith. It's a concept created by man and it has done nothing but cause fear, hate and delusions of grandeur.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Alpha says:

"Religion has nothing to do with faith. It's a concept created by man and it has done nothing but cause fear, hate and delusions of grandeur."

I may sound like I am contradicting myself but I actually agree with you. Religion does create fear and hate in the hearts of people. But I dont have Religion ( I dont even go to church anymore ) or say wheather or not you should believe this God or that God.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By Barry Flash

I don't believe in any Religion, i think it is stupid (No offense to anyone Here)

But it's just the cause of Arguements and War in my Opinion.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Sling Shot

I don't know about religion, But I do know personal relationship with God is established through excepting HIS perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ and his Holy Word the Bible and recieveing the Holy Spirit, by belief in your heart and confession with your mouth and actions. Without faith you cannot please God. What is faith with out actions exacted in that faith.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world (you and everyone else) that He gave His only begotten son. Soi that whosoever believe in His name shal not perish but have everlasting life. That sums it up and is still only the tip of the Iceberg. THis is the greatest relationship you could ever experience. far beyond all other things in scope, magnitude and value. Christ is King God is Love.

hell-spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By hell-spawn

CanadianWolverine says:

""Religion...What do you think?"IMHO, its bullshit, nothing good has ever come from it. Yes, even the social aspects, like human networking. Why? Because of fanatics who blindly follow other flawed human beings who then repeat the bullshit when they get promoted to the position of "teacher" aka brainwasher brainwashing other potential fanatics....Just going to let that sink in for a second and then tell you I know there is a God from a personal relationship in which I am loved.Personally, I am certain God loves those who bring up questions and seek answers, testing them for their irrefutable truth. Scientific method is unvarnished loving, IMHO. Just try to remember it used to be an accepted fact in scientific circles in the past that the earth was the center of the universe. ;) Theories today taken as fact today may be gone tomorrow.Sometimes we seem like little children who go to their parents and say "If you are so big and mighty, why didn't you stop me from hurting myself, huh!?!" If you were that parent and love that child would you:A) Remove all choice from them, have them never make a choice without your say so.B) Ask them not to hurt themselves again and give them a choice.;)Religion sucks. Loving relationships are cool. :D"

This post reminds me of a conversation a group of us had in class a few weeks ago. Some people insisted that religion (especially Christianity) is evil because there has been so many wars waged over it. I’m thinking, well, there are so many religions throughout the world and to say they are all stupid and pointless is flawed in itself. I think there is something to gain from a religion that asks us to love the world and look after it because its part of us. What do you guys think. Is religion pointless, stupid, irrelevant and a pack of evil lies?

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Crimson Orchid

I don't really have a set belief. Well, I don't believe in organized religion anyways. I do believe in a higher power and an afterlife, but other than that I'll keep the rest to myself.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120  Edited By Methos

fesak says:

I want that on a T-shirt!!!

M

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fesak says:

Well, I give my Congrats to Fesak for the most Blasphemy filled Comment of the Year. (No Offense)

Now, Time for me to step in.

I think theirs a God and a Jesus and a Satan and Demons and Angels. Whole Nine Yards.....I was raised in a Devoutly Religious Family and thats what I knew growing up.

Thing is people give us this argument.

If God existed.......Would'nt their be less poverty and war and all that bad stuff?

Well, I ask you this. If God did do all that and magically wipe away all the badness.......Would'nt we run around like Headless Chickens waiting for God to fix our Problems? God loves you but you got to do some things on your own. Thats the reason he gave us free will.

But I guess I'm sounding Preachy. Bottom line, I don't think of my self as "Religious". Just "Spirtually Minded".

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Crimson Orchid

Methos says:

"fesak says:

I want that on a T-shirt!!!

M

"

Me too! That's just awesome.

writes down and plans to take to "Bang On" later to get made

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnight Lantern says:

"fesak says:
Well, I give my Congrats to Fesak for the most Blasphemy filled Comment of the Year. (No Offense) Now, Time for me to step in. I think theirs a God and a Jesus and a Satan and Demons and Angels. Whole Nine Yards.....I was raised in a Devoutly Religious Family and thats what I knew growing up. Thing is people give us this argument. If God existed.......Would'nt their be less poverty and war and all that bad stuff? Well, I ask you this. If God did do all that and magically wipe away all the badness.......Would'nt we run around like Headless Chickens waiting for God to fix our Problems? God loves you but you got to do some things on your own. Thats the reason he gave us free will. But I guess I'm sounding Preachy. Bottom line, I don't think of my self as "Religious". Just "Spirtually Minded". "

Well, I wrote all that and I'm ignored lol.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124  Edited By The_Ghostshell

fesak says:

HAHAHAHA......I cant breath. Thats awesome.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
"Midnight Lantern says:
"fesak says:
Well, I give my Congrats to Fesak for the most Blasphemy filled Comment of the Year. (No Offense) Now, Time for me to step in. I think theirs a God and a Jesus and a Satan and Demons and Angels. Whole Nine Yards.....I was raised in a Devoutly Religious Family and thats what I knew growing up. Thing is people give us this argument. If God existed.......Would'nt their be less poverty and war and all that bad stuff? Well, I ask you this. If God did do all that and magically wipe away all the badness.......Would'nt we run around like Headless Chickens waiting for God to fix our Problems? God loves you but you got to do some things on your own. Thats the reason he gave us free will. But I guess I'm sounding Preachy. Bottom line, I don't think of my self as "Religious". Just "Spirtually Minded". "
Well, I wrote all that and I'm ignored lol."
I hear you. The problem is from an secular perspective is that even though you may have Jesus as your savior and have a faith that is greater than just religion. Catholic faith still follows the premise of a religion because it has all the things a religion has ( church bulidings, sets of rules to follow that no one really does, traditional holidays ) these are all the things that faiths like Judisism and Muslims have too. "

True. BTW Love the Avatar lol.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Midnight Lantern says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
"fesak says:

I hear you. The problem is from an secular perspective is that even though you may have Jesus as your savior and have a faith that is greater than just religion. Catholic faith still follows the premise of a religion because it has all the things a religion has ( church bulidings, sets of rules to follow that no one really does, traditional holidays ) these are all the things that faiths like Judisism and Muslims have too.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Midnight Lantern says:

"King Saturn says:
"Midnight Lantern says:
"Midnight Lantern says:
"fesak says:
I hear you. The problem is from an secular perspective is that even though you may have Jesus as your savior and have a faith that is greater than just religion. Catholic faith still follows the premise of a religion because it has all the things a religion has ( church bulidings, sets of rules to follow that no one really does, traditional holidays ) these are all the things that faiths like Judisism and Muslims have too. "
True. BTW Love the Avatar lol."

Thanks. She is one of my favorite models.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, King Saturn. Who is she?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Andrea Rincon. She is a Columbian Bombshell that does some Semi Nude modeling.

Noir_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Noir_Dark

In the Bull* Department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman. 'Cause I gotta tell you the truth, folks. When it comes to bull*, big-time, major league bull*, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims: religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bull* story ever told.

Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull**** story.

G. Carling
Post Edited:2008-02-20 19:48:32

Leopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Leopard

Noir_Dark says:

"In the Bull**** Department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman. 'Cause I gotta tell you the truth, folks. When it comes to bull****, big-time, major league bull****, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims: religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bull**** story ever told.Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!But He loves you.He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull**** story.G. Carling
Post Edited:2008-02-20 19:48:32"

What you said only describes the Christian, Jewish and Islamic beliefs. You say religion but you are really talking about these religions that we are accustomed to seeing. Honestly why do you refer to religion as if they are all the same? Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t give you the right to insult it. Money? What are you talking about? Churches ask for money not religion. I don’t even know what to say about that, because a religion cant turn around and ask for money, its not an organisation as a church can be.

Leopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Leopard

This is my belief:

I'm a Christian and that's my choice.

Atheists are Atheists because it's their choice...their, in my belief, God given rights.

God gave us free-will so that we may choose what to believe...

Whose to say who is right? For all we know, we Christians could be wrong...

It's not our place to go around judging other people...

Why does it matter if someone is Atheist, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, and any other religion?

It is really gonna affect you?

I'm not some close-minded Christian, like alot in this country...I'm very open to other religions and their beliefs...why can't everyone be like that?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Leopard says:

"Noir_Dark says:
"In the Bull**** Department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman. 'Cause I gotta tell you the truth, folks. When it comes to bull****, big-time, major league bull****, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims: religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bull**** story ever told.Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!But He loves you.He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull**** story.G. Carling

What you said only describes the Christian, Jewish and Islamic beliefs. You say religion but you are really talking about these religions that we are accustomed to seeing. Honestly why do you refer to religion as if they are all the same? Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t give you the right to insult it. Money? What are you talking about? Churches ask for money not religion. I don’t even know what to say about that, because a religion cant turn around and ask for money, its not an organisation as a church can be."

Actually he didn't insult anyone. Its a quote from George Carlin (a comedian) as stated at the bottom of his post.

Leopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Leopard

Gambler says:

"Leopard says:
"Noir_Dark says:

What you said only describes the Christian, Jewish and Islamic beliefs. You say religion but you are really talking about these religions that we are accustomed to seeing. Honestly why do you refer to religion as if they are all the same? Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t give you the right to insult it. Money? What are you talking about? Churches ask for money not religion. I don’t even know what to say about that, because a religion cant turn around and ask for money, its not an organisation as a church can be."

Actually he didn't insult anyone. Its a quote from George Carlin (a comedian) as stated at the bottom of his post."

lol my bad i didnt know

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By BlackPanther

Hello, I’ll like to say thank you everyone for posting you views.

As for some of the other posts, saying Christianity is evil or bad is the same as saying money is the root of all evil. ok, are the bark of a tree which is made into paper or the minerals that is used to make the metals evil? to be honest its the person that will do anything for money that is evil. for example if you give someone power, over an extended time you will be able to test the limits of which they can be corrupted.

there is evidence that there are priests in Rome and throughout the world that have raped children, but should we blame Christianity or should we blame these men. our prisons are full of men and women who are and are not religious, but when something bad happens and the perpetrator claims it is for religious value, the blame goes to his religious view rather than the fact that he is a living breathing human being capable of making his own decisions.

wars are not always religious but religion is often used as an excuse. once religion can no longer be used as an excuse these people will think of something else.

I don’t know if many of you know this but the slave trade between Europe, Africa and America was accepted because the traders admitted documents saying they were going to Africa for Christian missionary work. sure it is true that they made Christians, but also enslaved these Christians in the process. their churches in Angola and Senegal were built on top of underground dungeons, which were used to break the spirit of the slaves before sending them on the ships to America. their churches had a long hole in the middle of the room so the slave trader can watch their slaves while they were praying. these slaves were chained together with no food or clean water, people often died of disease and malnourishment or even go in a state of shock due to the build up of stress and poor conditions. these people who called themselves Christians had no understanding of what Christianity is.

but even though the slave traders were Christians should their faith be blamed for their selfish misdeeds or should the person who committed these acts be blamed. I understand why people hate religion but dose the fact that good and well educated people are religious mean nothing?

I am a Christian and my older brother is Muslim, choices made by ourselves. not because it was bred into us, but because we have the right to think what we want (free will).

also the bible shouldn’t be taken the way many Christians do. it is literally a story of the creation of us humans and the way we have developed and the way we should try and live our life. taking the bible too seriously isn’t good because we have to remember that even though it is the gospel and the words of god it was still written by a human from a human point of view. and what was accepted as a part of life then is not true for us today. we don’t have to live it like a text book, but look at it, learn from it, take advice from it and if your lucky live a better life from it. we shouldn’t think it is fact and none of it is wrong or misleading. I watched an interesting program on national geographic which explained that there is text missing from the bible, but oh well its too late to recover what has already been destroyed.

Evolution... something that is not fact but has shown signs of being real. I honestly think evolution is real even though it may be more complex than we think. remember evolution and natural selection happens at many different levels and is partly the reason why each living organism is different. but people saying you cant believe in evolution if your Christian is ludicrous. the bible doesn’t state that humans came before animals it just mentions humans first.

as for the pope, well I believe that good people get into heaven but the pope isn’t more likely to go to heaven than me or you. he is not a higher being but a human, so he follows the rules the same as all of us. he is nothing more than a physical manifestation made by Rome to put a body to heaven. he and all of the other priests don’t deserve to be worshiped.

and now the big question is God real? well to be honest I have no idea. I’ll like to think there is something out there which is why I have faith but I’m not sure. I’ll like you to remember the story of moses, he describes how he sees a flaming bush and which said it was god. I personally dont take very much from the story of moses because it seems too unearthly at parts, but the flaming tree has always stayed in my mind. I think its because if god dose exist the chances are it is a pure energy. and as you know an energy cannot be created or destroyed only redirected. for example: vibrations create heat, heat creates light and so on. so if god is real it will be in the form of pure energy of some sort maybe resemble a flame or bright light.

but the fact that energy cannot be created sparks the question, how did the big bang happen? the thing is supposedly there was nothing before, so nothing could of triggered the big bang. honestly if there was an explosion so big that it can create new Worlds and whole galaxies something huge must of sparked it. I study biology but focus on zoology (the study of animals) and if you ask many biologist what is consciousness they will simply say they don’t know for the simple fact that we don’t understand what it is. why do dogs show affection to there owner even if their owner abuses them? what makes a cat feel fear or a human feel love? these are things we don’t know as scientists, but science is in itself another form of faith.

faith in the human mind.

my aim from this post was not to change anybody into a religious person, but just to let you know that having an open mind is a good thing. Not everything is how it looks at first glance.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Sparda

Leopard says:

"This is my belief:I'm a Christian and that's my choice.Atheists are Atheists because it's their choice...their, in my belief, God given rights.God gave us free-will so that we may choose what to believe...Whose to say who is right? For all we know, we Christians could be wrong...It's not our place to go around judging other people...Why does it matter if someone is Atheist, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, and any other religion?It is really gonna affect you?I'm not some close-minded Christian, like alot in this country...I'm very open to other religions and their beliefs...why can't everyone be like that? "

1) It's people like this who give more credibility to religion.

2) Welcome to the Vine.

hell-spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By hell-spawn

WoW. BP that’s really one of the most impressive posts I’ve read in a while. I’ve been getting frustrated with forums lately but every once and a while I come across a post like this and it reminds me there are a few truly intelligent people out there. it’s a big read but everyone please read that post. Thank you Very much, I appreciate it.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Sparda

@Black Panther: Good post.

Leopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Leopard

Yeah thanks Sparda. And Black Panther that’s one-hell-of-a post you delivered. Look at the new Albert Einstein, well done bro.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

BlackPanther says:

"Hello, I’ll like to say thank you everyone for posting you views. As for some of the other posts, saying Christianity is evil or bad is the same as saying money is the root of all evil. ok, are the bark of a tree which is made into paper or the minerals that is used to make the metals evil? to be honest its the person that will do anything for money that is evil. for example if you give someone power, over an extended time you will be able to test the limits of which they can be corrupted. there is evidence that there are priests in Rome and throughout the world that have raped children, but should we blame Christianity or should we blame these men. our prisons are full of men and women who are and are not religious, but when something bad happens and the perpetrator claims it is for religious value, the blame goes to his religious view rather than the fact that he is a living breathing human being capable of making his own decisions. wars are not always religious but religion is often used as an excuse. once religion can no longer be used as an excuse these people will think of something else. I don’t know if many of you know this but the slave trade between Europe, Africa and America was accepted because the traders admitted documents saying they were going to Africa for Christian missionary work. sure it is true that they made Christians, but also enslaved these Christians in the process. their churches in Angola and Senegal were built on top of underground dungeons, which were used to break the spirit of the slaves before sending them on the ships to America. their churches had a long hole in the middle of the room so the slave trader can watch their slaves while they were praying. these slaves were chained together with no food or clean water, people often died of disease and malnourishment or even go in a state of shock due to the build up of stress and poor conditions. these people who called themselves Christians had no understanding of what Christianity is. but even though the slave traders were Christians should their faith be blamed for their selfish misdeeds or should the person who committed these acts be blamed. I understand why people hate religion but dose the fact that good and well educated people are religious mean nothing? I am a Christian and my older brother is Muslim, choices made by ourselves. not because it was bred into us, but because we have the right to think what we want (free will). also the bible shouldn’t be taken the way many Christians do. it is literally a story of the creation of us humans and the way we have developed and the way we should try and live our life. taking the bible too seriously isn’t good because we have to remember that even though it is the gospel and the words of god it was still written by a human from a human point of view. and what was accepted as a part of life then is not true for us today. we don’t have to live it like a text book, but look at it, learn from it, take advice from it and if your lucky live a better life from it. we shouldn’t think it is fact and none of it is wrong or misleading. I watched an interesting program on national geographic which explained that there is text missing from the bible, but oh well its too late to recover what has already been destroyed. Evolution... something that is not fact but has shown signs of being real. I honestly think evolution is real even though it may be more complex than we think. remember evolution and natural selection happens at many different levels and is partly the reason why each living organism is different. but people saying you cant believe in evolution if your Christian is ludicrous. the bible doesn’t state that humans came before animals it just mentions humans first. as for the pope, well I believe that good people get into heaven but the pope isn’t more likely to go to heaven than me or you. he is not a higher being but a human, so he follows the rules the same as all of us. he is nothing more than a physical manifestation made by Rome to put a body to heaven. he and all of the other priests don’t deserve to be worshiped. and now the big question is God real? well to be honest I have no idea. I’ll like to think there is something out there which is why I have faith but I’m not sure. I’ll like you to remember the story of moses, he describes how he sees a flaming bush and which said it was god. I personally dont take very much from the story of moses because it seems too unearthly at parts, but the flaming tree has always stayed in my mind. I think its because if god dose exist the chances are it is a pure energy. and as you know an energy cannot be created or destroyed only redirected. for example: vibrations create heat, heat creates light and so on. so if god is real it will be in the form of pure energy of some sort maybe resemble a flame or bright light. but the fact that energy cannot be created sparks the question, how did the big bang happen? the thing is supposedly there was nothing before, so nothing could of triggered the big bang. honestly if there was an explosion so big that it can create new Worlds and whole galaxies something huge must of sparked it. I study biology but focus on zoology (the study of animals) and if you ask many biologist what is consciousness they will simply say they don’t know for the simple fact that we don’t understand what it is. why do dogs show affection to there owner even if their owner abuses them? what makes a cat feel fear or a human feel love? these are things we don’t know as scientists, but science is in itself another form of faith. faith in the human mind. my aim from this post was not to change anybody into a religious person, but just to let you know that having an open mind is a good thing. Not everything is how it looks at first glance. "

couldnt have said it better myself BP

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By BlackPanther

LoL thanks, I think this post is dead now. too bad I took the time to write all that info if no ones gonna read it. "hint hint"

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By sonicmora

I think religion can bring hope to people.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Hawk

Walks up some steps and stands behind his pulpit.

"Dear people of the vine, I believe in Jesus. He is cool and can turn water into wine!"

Drinks his wine, from a golden goblet.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Andferne

To make this short religion can be a touchey subject for a lot of people. Thier beliefs or lack of can brings wars among people. I look at it with a very open mind. I believe that religion is there to give us hope. To let us believe that there is something greater. It's given to make us want to be better. To strive for greatness and do good.

Do I believe in God? Yes I do. Can I prove that he exsists? no I can not. I can only believe and trust in that.

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By sonicmora

I have a semi belief in my religion. I believe in both science and religion. I think science and God are somehow connected to each other in a way.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Hawk

sonicmora says:

"I have a semi belief in my religion. I believe in both science and religion. I think science and God are somehow connected to each other in a way."

I'm a Christian and I still believe in science, they are not mutually exculsive. Both can be right. (in some things)

As far as evil in the world. If there was no evil it would be heaven. God doesn't make people do anything, Freewill.

Sephirim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Sephirim

No offense to anyone here but religion is fake there are to many religions in this world that make no sense at all ...you have to follow rules from something you never seen b4 in your life...i should shut up before i end up on the poo poo list lolz

Sephirim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Sephirim

oh yea the big bang is the source of all life with out that there would be no world full or the beautiful organism and scenery we have now

Sephirim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Sephirim

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"No offense to anyone here but religion is fake there are to many religions in this world that make no sense at all ...you have to follow rules from something you never seen b4 in your life...i should shut up before i end up on the poo poo list lolz"

Everybody need something to believe in..."

thats true , i beileve in the big bang

Sephirim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Sephirim

Vance Astro says:

"Sephirim says:
"oh yea the big bang is the source of all life with out that there would be no world full or the beautiful organism and scenery we have now"

..........."

i am guessing you do not confirm of that statement?