Religion… What do you think?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Any one who's interested, i'll post the other two parts soon...

Loading Video...

Matt is usually pretty good... the guy always pwns on The Atheist Experience... more so than any of the other co hosts. Tracie Harris is good on the show too.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read a lot of that on FB, haven't actually watch the clip yet. Not sure if I want too?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@king_saturn: The quality of the people ringing in isn't really that good. Some real ignorance from most callers. Okay show though.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14704  Edited By King_Saturn

Read a lot of that on FB, haven't actually watch the clip yet. Not sure if I want too?

It's a pretty good show... some callers are really dumb but it's a public access call in show so that's to be expected anyways.

@king_saturn: The quality of the people ringing in isn't really that good. Some real ignorance from most callers. Okay show though.

Yeah, but it's a call in show... so it's to be expected.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden said:

It's a pretty good show... some callers are really dumb but it's a public access call in show so that's to be expected anyways.

@rev_sulphur said:

Yeah, but it's a call in show... so it's to be expected.

Especially with the subject matter.

GetOverHere13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14706  Edited By GetOverHere13

Once you go christian you never go back

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All three are good, but this one has some really great and valid points imo

Loading Video...

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@getoverhere13 said:

Funny, 'cause the Muslims say the exact same thing, so do people like from almost every other religion ever

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getoverhere13 said:

Funny, 'cause the Muslims say the exact same thing, so do people like from almost every other religion ever

I prefer once you go mad you go Titan

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i'm asgardian.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden said:

@mad_titan said:

@getoverhere13 said:

I would like to come up with yet better quote like "once you meet the lord you go Raiden" but the amount of disrespect and lack of manners in your post is palpable. I tend to be tolerant when it comes to interacting with people here but your attitude is too much to take. Your post basically neglects all rules and regulations of posting in CV forums.

You have been flagged and reported. Calling upon moderators on this one. Prepare to get banned for multiple decades.

jk

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden said:

@mad_titan said:

@getoverhere13 said:

I would like to come up with yet better quote like "once you meet the lord you go Raiden" but the amount of disrespect and lack of manners in your post is palpable. I tend to be tolerant when it comes to interacting with people here but your attitude is too much to take. Your post basically neglects all rules and regulations of posting in CV forums.

You have been flagged and reported. Calling upon moderators on this one. Prepare to get banned for multiple decades.

jk

Your the best :-)

Lethologica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe in religion. (Or at least not as whole.) I have my own personal relationship with God. (Who just so happens to be the Christian one.) However, I don't include myself in a group of religious people because they might have different views than me. Some Christians might despise gay's but I have no problem with them. See where I'm coming from?

I usually go to Church because I meet up with people who have similar beliefs to mine. I don't agree with the pastor or the people there at times, due to the fact that I might have my own out take on the situation. And to me, when your spreading the Gospel you should treat the situation as if you were a client of Gods. What you shouldn't do, is force you beliefs down someone's throat. (Or at least in my opinion.)

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethologica: "I don't believe in religion" Well the rest of your post proves that you in fact do.

Lethologica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14716  Edited By Lethologica

@rev_sulphur:

Did you not see where it also said, "Or at least not as a whole." ? I suggest you read over my post more carefully.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethologica: Yes I read the whole thing and you do infact believe in religion. Sorry to be the one to break it too you.

Lethologica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14718  Edited By Lethologica

@rev_sulphur:

Well clearly me and you have different interpretations of Religion.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lethologica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14720  Edited By Lethologica

@rev_sulphur:

And your point is? Religion is a completely subjective word that can be interpreted multiple ways.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethologica: No it isn't. I don't know why you think that but it isn't.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethologica: A religion is a systematic set of beliefs, rituals and codifications of behaviour that revolves around a particular group's worldview. Typically, these beliefs center around some aspect of the supernatural (also often referred to as "divine") which is most often expressed as some form of deity, ie., gods and goddesses. Now how you go about doing these things is up to interpretation. Religion however is not.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14723  Edited By lordraiden

@lethologica: A religion is a systematic set of beliefs, rituals and codifications of behaviour that revolves around a particular group's worldview. Typically, these beliefs center around some aspect of the supernatural (also often referred to as "divine") which is most often expressed as some form of deity, ie., gods and goddesses. Now how you go about doing these things is up to interpretation. Religion however is not.

Case closed! Cherry picking and religion go hand in hand, imo.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well atheist are officialy wrong now, Joss Whedon made great arguments

Loading Video...

amiright? ;P

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14725  Edited By dshipp17  Online

@cable_extreme said:

@dshipp17: are you trying to provide evidence for a YEC world view? If so, I'll discuss point by point with you using any medium, method or evidence you wish to bring forward.

I'll start with a question, whether or not you support a YEC view, you do believe in a world wide flood. Why is this flood (a mass death of an epic proportion) not shown in the fossil record? Why is there not a near mass extinction of the human species shown? You would expect to see a rather consistent increasing rate of death due to to growing population, and then, boom, a mass near extinction of every land animal on earth. There would be a portion of the fossil sediment times slots riddled with dead animals including humans, yet we don't see that.

Also, if lions, tigers etc... Were on the boat, and only two of each animal, what did they eat when they got off the boat taking into account that they are carnivores?

In regards to mass death, I could ask why don't we find all of those bodies of people who died, when we were dating in BC in the fossil record? The debate video answered this question implicitly, quite well. Actually, DNA record does show a mass death of the human species; and we can look to the study of mitochondrial DNA. The debate video implicitly answered your questions about the animals coexisting together. Here's another video for you to review.

Loading Video...

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I believe in FSM. Ramen.

But seriously...i'm atheist. I do not believe in god. The idea that there can be some force in the universe that can control everything & created everything seem just...unbelievable.

In the OP the guy said "we cannot prove that God doesn't exist" well, we can't prove that God exists either. And, so, as i do not believe that it is possible that there is an omnipresent being, until someone prooves me that God ( in any form ) exists...i just can't believe it,

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: why does it take you so long to reply? I forget the discussion...

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14728 dshipp17  Online

@dshipp17: why does it take you so long to reply? I forget the discussion...

Sometimes, I get paralysis by analysis.

Here's another video I find fun to consider.

Loading Video...

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gotta love 8 year olds

Loading Video...

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14730  Edited By rev_sulphur

@rev_sulphur said:

Case closed! Cherry picking and religion go hand in hand, imo.

They have to cherry pick. Their beliefs are nothing but hypocrisy and paradox. Cherry picking is the only way to make certain statements make any sense.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: if you think the Universe was created with us in mind, I don't understand how such a view can be legitimate. Do you know how many ways the universe is trying to kill us right now? From meteors, earth quakes, sun exposer, possible planetary collisions, inevitable death from our sun. Etc..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4238NN8HMgQ

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: if you think the Universe was created with us in mind, I don't understand how such a view can be legitimate. Do you know how many ways the universe is trying to kill us right now? From meteors, earth quakes, sun exposer, possible planetary collisions, inevitable death from our sun. Etc..

Not to mention the ever-evolving viruses and bacterias. Or the humans that are trying to get us. Murderers and rapists who want to murder and...rape us.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

Not to mention the ever-evolving viruses and bacterias. Or the humans that are trying to get us. Murderers and rapists who want to murder and...rape us.

Not to mention the fact that more than 70% of this planet is uninhabitable.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a Christian and I don't usually have a problem with Atheists unless they insult me for being "a stupid Christian" to which I usually just ignore them. I don't sit there and "shove my views down you throat or insult you" however if it does come up in a conversation, sure, I will state my views but I'm not one of those, "Oh my God you're a atheist, burn in Hell damn you!" No I respect your views as long as you respect mine.

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:

I'm a Christian and I don't usually have a problem with Atheists unless they insult me for being "a stupid Christian" to which I usually just ignore them. I don't sit there and "shove my views down you throat or insult you" however if it does come up in a conversation, sure, I will state my views but I'm not one of those, "Oh my God you're a atheist, burn in Hell damn you!" No I respect your views as long as you respect mine.

....While you simultaneously believe that we deserve to burn in Hell for all eternity. Up-up-up and before you say you don't believe that, remember what the "good" book says about non-believers. If you disagree with that point of view then you are openly ignoring the Bible. I'm not trying to be hostile it's just that you can't have it both ways man.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:

....While you simultaneously believe that we deserve to burn in Hell for all eternity. Up-up-up and before you say you don't believe that, remember what the "good" book says about non-believers. If you disagree with that point of view then you are openly ignoring the Bible. I'm not trying to be hostile it's just that you can't have it both ways man.

Sure, I believe the nonbelievers will, but I'm going to say that straight to your face...like I said. If it comes up in conversation I will state my views, but I'm not going to be like "dude, your stupid and you're gonna spend an eternity burning in hell."

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:

@immovableray said:

@artyom said:

Sure, I believe the nonbelievers will, but I'm going to say that straight to your face...like I said. If it comes up in conversation I will state my views, but I'm not going to be like "dude, your stupid and you're gonna spend an eternity burning in hell."

That doesn't make any sense. You say that you won't push your views into peoples' faces (I assume you do this to be civilized which I appreciate very much). But how civilized is it to hold a belief that billions deserve to be tortured for all eternity? Its too much of a contrast and it's wrong. It's--and I'm not calling you this--sadistic. If you really believe that nonbelievers deserve such torment, then you might as well push your beliefs in our faces; that way, we know which "Christians" to avoid.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14738  Edited By Artyom

@immovableray said:

@artyom said:

@immovableray said:

@artyom said:

That doesn't make any sense. You say that you won't push your views into peoples' faces (I assume you do this to be civilized which I appreciate very much). But how civilized is it to hold a belief that billions deserve to be tortured for all eternity? Its too much of a contrast and it's wrong. It's--and I'm not calling you this--sadistic. If you really believe that nonbelievers deserve such torment, then you might as well push your beliefs in our faces; that way, we know which "Christians" to avoid.

You're right...I'd much rather people be annoyed with me, and I perhaps save a few souls, than for them spend an eternity tortured....

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@mandarinestro: Cool. How do you decide which things are literal and figurative? You brought up the prophecy of Jesus. There were many prophecies a person had to fulfill in order to be the Messiah. Over a hundred. Jesus did not fulfill them all. How can he be the Messiah?

Can't type them all here, so I'll just give you a link.

http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

Sorry it took so long, too busy with schoolwork.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: Out of curiosity, what denomination are you from?

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: You don't actually believe that, do you? People aren't going to be convinced when you threaten them with torture. Only small children will fear such threats. Indoctrination is your only tool hahahaha. Look around; Christianity is dying.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: By church I am Pentecostal, but after I moved to Texas I discovered that there were on Methodist and Baptist churches around here. I honestly don't care much for the whole different denomination thing. We all believe the same thing and preach from the same book.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: You don't actually believe that, do you? People aren't going to be convinced when you threaten them with torture. Only small children will fear such threats. Indoctrination is your only tool hahahaha. Look around; Christianity is dying.

Generalization FTW.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:

@mandarinestro: By church I am Pentecostal, but after I moved to Texas I discovered that there were on Methodist and Baptist churches around here. I honestly don't care much for the whole different denomination thing. We all believe the same thing and preach from the same book.

Fair enough.

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14746  Edited By Artyom

@immovableray said:

I do believe that. You may not believe I can change a few minds (I already have some just from general conversation and inviting them to my church). I'm not "threatening" them with it...I'm warning them it will happen if they stick to their ways. Call it whatever you like...if they aren't swayed then at least I can say I tried and that they won't go to hell not knowing that God gave them chance and they ignored him. Christianity maybe dying, but I will die with it.

Also...I really hate debating religion. It isn't something I want to get in on.

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14748  Edited By Mandarinestro

@immovableray said:

@mandarinestro: I don't think I generalized. If I did, howso?

Lol, you're basically saying that all of us Christians threaten people we meet that they would burn alive for eternity for not going to church. Of course there are a handful of fundies who do that, but obviously not all of us. I mean, if I accused you of threatening people they would spend life in a Gulag or tortured to death for going to church, I would be generalizing the atheist population as communists/Stalinists although obviously few of you are.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14749  Edited By King_Saturn

Where is the Justice in GOD sacrificing Yeshua for the Sins of Man ? If GOD sacrifices that whom is Innocent for the sake of the Sins of Humanity, then how is that Justice ? You say it's because of GOD's grace and mercy that he does this... but ultimately it makes GOD an Imperfect Judge... because if GOD saves some people ( those who believe it ) but still are Criminals or Sinners yet GOD condemns those who don't believe and are Criminals or Sinners... then GOD is Impartial Judge... because he is condemning and saving whom he pleases yet all Humanity are Sinners on the basis of what they believe ( Faith ) which has nothing to do with their Sinful Actions.

GOD is Two Faced ?

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: OK. Pont to me when I said that Christians do that....