dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12801  Edited By dshipp17

@pooty said:

@dshipp17: The correct book or the correct religion is NOT settled. Your Bible is just one of many books that says it's Gods Word. God has not verified not confirmed that the Bible is Gods word. You THINK your faith is right. You HOPE your religion is right. If you KNEW your religion was right then you wouldn't need faith. Faith is only needed when you're not sure of something. So no, You don't KNOW your faith is right. You're guessing like everyone else. And the age of a religion means nothing. Christianity was new at once. And Judaism has existed far longer then christianity. Your faith is only confirmed in your mind.

That's just your misguided or confused way of seeing it; Jesus established that the Bible is the correct version and Jesus warned of future false profits and teachers; since I believe in Jesus, know He existed, and accept that He's more likely than not, the Son of God, from the available information that I have, I'm firmly convinced that the Bible is the correct version supporting the correct religion; and the Book of Revelation concluded by establishing that nothing should be added or taken away from the Bible; Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism, so the text supporting Judaism is not a completely separate matter; that a few sects of Jews refused to accept Jesus, whereas other Jews did accept Jesus, and now have decided to become isolationist does not confuse a Christian who is truly knowledgeable. The true Book was firmly settled by Jesus. If I had to accept the Quran, at one point, it has now been superseded by the Book of Mormon, so Jesus has swung full circle; and, than, I can accept the Jehovah Witness' interpretation; however, I know Satan is the author of confusion, so I'm settled on what Jesus actually said, which is to hold firm to my convictions in the Bible. To someone like you, perhaps God will clarify Himself to you over time or He'll see you as someone trying to create and spread confusion to mislead the less informed, and I wouldn't want to face God as the latter; personally, you're pretty transparent to me, but, I admit, sometimes I make mistakes about my conclusions about people; it's almost as if you didn't get some self-serving request, so now you're on a crusade against God as interpreted by Christians, making up a redefinition as this "Creator" that conforms to your "evolution" in enlightenment.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@dshipp17: Sorry my friend. but just because YOU believe something does not make it right. Just because YOU are convinced does not make it true. You may be fully convinced. but dont assume you KNOW youre right. my rejection of your God has nothing to do with him not fulfilling some request of mine. The Creator has been VERY VERY VERY good to me. The reason I reject your God is because the bible makes him look like a petty, egotistical, sadistic, sexist being. So you came to the wrong conclusion on that.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12803  Edited By dshipp17

@pooty said:

@dshipp17: Sorry my friend. but just because YOU believe something does not make it right. Just because YOU are convinced does not make it true. You may be fully convinced. but dont assume you KNOW youre right. my rejection of your God has nothing to do with him not fulfilling some request of mine. The Creator has been VERY VERY VERY good to me. The reason I reject your God is because the bible makes him look like a petty, egotistical, sadistic, sexist being. So you came to the wrong conclusion on that.

I know I'm right, as I have total confidence and faith in Jesus, from all available information, plus my personal experiences with being a believer and in a relationship with Jesus; Jesus has blessed many times and several have occurred as recently as last week; you're playing a dangerous game with framing God; all you've done was taken a whole bunch of passages from the Bible out of its intended context and made framed them in a malicious light; again, as I said before, there are no contradictions in the Bible; I've been putting together a response, but I'd just suggest that you list all of those passages that you extracted from the Bible, present them to a theologian, and ask that person questions (e.g. I'd suggest that you see if you can get time with Dr. Michael Youssef, a former Muslim who converted to Christianity; I'm confident that he can answer for you things that take me lots of time to think about and provide an answer); for example, you extracted passages that seemingly dealt with rape; but, I know for a fact that the rape that you cited is a translation from a Hebrew word that has to do with courtship; however, the actual Hebrew word for rape is in Genesis in the description of what happened to Leah; also, one only need to read several verses after and before the passage you cited to get a better understanding of what was actually being discussed.

A word of caution, Satan can seemingly bless someone too; that someone can actually become a billionaire in his life; the reason for that is that Satan already knows he has him, so it's not necessarily a need to put that person to be put through adversity by Satan and his demons.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I know I'm right, as I have total confidence and faith in Jesus, from all available information, plus my personal experiences with being a believer and in a relationship with Jesus

Everyone in every single religion says the exact same thing. Honestly they all do.

as I said before, there are no contradictions in the Bible

James 2:24, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9

__________________________________________________________________________________________________-__

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

you extracted passages that seemingly dealt with rape; but, I know for a fact that the rape that you cited is a translation from a Hebrew word that has to do with courtship

This is courtship??? This is RAPE!. Who wants to marry a man who just killed their family? Who hid in woods and attacked them? C'mon man

Judges 21:10-24 They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 Samuel 17:50

50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

Samuel 17:51

51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A word of caution, Satan can seemingly bless someone too

And Satan can make a person believe they have found the true religion...when they have not.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17

If you don't mind in me asking, has there been something in particular that has removed all your doubt and solidified your faith? what exactly makes you sure?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17

If you don't mind in me asking, has there been something in particular that has removed all your doubt and solidified your faith? what exactly makes you sure?

A lot of recent signs by Jesus; recent developments in the media; a stream of blessings and answered prayers throughout my life; through studying the Bible all the way through and more closely; but, I've always seemed to have a strong connection to Jesus and the Bible, and I already knew that God exists from a real personal experience that pre-dated my birth on Earth.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@yodaprime said:

@dshipp17

A lot of recent signs by Jesus; recent developments in the media; a stream of blessings and answered prayers throughout my life; through studying the Bible all the way through and more closely; but, I've always seemed to have a strong connection to Jesus and the Bible, and I already knew that God exists from a real personal experience that pre-dated my birth on Earth.

Psychogeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard it all now

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12810  Edited By dshipp17

@king_saturn said:

@dshipp17 said:

@yodaprime said:

@dshipp17

Unfortunately, I'm forbidden from describing who I really am or was, but it's all true; nothing made up to answer and further a conversation; I only speak the truth. I knew I risked this ridicule, before I volunteered to share just that little information, but, really, I pre-date the big bang, Angels, and Satan; although I'm ancient, I know God was there before even me.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't know Galactus was a member here...

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12812  Edited By YodaPrime
No Caption Provided

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of, but I was much less solitary than Galactus; it was much more a team effort.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12814  Edited By pooty

What does this gif mean? I can't tell what it means

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@king_saturn said:

@dshipp17 said:

@yodaprime said:

@dshipp17

Unfortunately, I'm forbidden from describing who I really am or was, but it's all true; nothing made up to answer and further a conversation; I only speak the truth. I knew I risked this ridicule, before I volunteered to share just that little information, but, really, I pre-date the big bang, Angels, and Satan; although I'm ancient, I know God was there before even me.

huh ?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to add to the "crazy" of this thread but in fairness i must admit this. Less then an hour ago, I looked up Galactus origins. Out of all the comic book characters in the world, GALACTUS was the one I looked up. I couldn't get Galactus off of my mind. That has to be more then a coincidence.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
@yodaprime said:
No Caption Provided

What does this gif mean? I can't tell what it means

speechless. I suppose my stand is always "believe whatever the hell you want just don't be a dick about it"... so i suppose even if i personally think the above post is... highly unlikely... if that's how he genuinely feels.. fair enough..

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't roll with this new age of thinking. you have to make sure you don't offend anyone. you have to be politically correct. When I was in school and a kid didn't pay attention you called him "lazy". now it's called ADHD. NO, the kid just don't like school. I bet that same kid don't have ADHD when he playing video games or talking to a girl. If a dude is crazy......just call him crazy. and since this is a religious thread here's a scripture:

Proverbs 28:26

Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool....

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

I can't roll with this new age of thinking. you have to make sure you don't offend anyone. you have to be politically correct. When I was in school and a kid didn't pay attention you called him "lazy". now it's called ADHD. NO, the kid just don't like school. I bet that same kid don't have ADHD when he playing video games or talking to a girl. If a dude is crazy......just call him crazy. and since this is a religious thread here's a scripture:

eh. i feel where you're coming from. But views on reality/truth and religious beliefs i feel are a bit open than most other concepts such as laziness. A person can be perfectly sane and have .. "exotic" beliefs.

It's not a matter of hurting anyone's feeling's it's just given the topic, u can't really prove him absolutely wrong unless he's contrasting himself with an already established system.

For example, if speaking as a christian i can't say "i have been reincarnated" because the belief system i associate myself with doesn't support that possibility. So in that case it would be fair to call me "wrong"

But you can't tell a Buddhist that he's wrong if he makes the same claim because his belief system supports that.

Now, nothing in Christianity (or even philosophy as far as i'm aware), can possibly support the notion that a human in any form can pre-date the big bang. So technically sure, i think it's fair to say this dude is wrong and debate it... but honestly i'm not that interested in hearing an explanation so i'd rather smile and not. lol

I suppose he could make a case for Metaphysical solipsism.

which would be interesting..

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@duchess: but... I thought Santa existed..... );

Yeah, what the hell is with all these anti-santaists these days? Unless proven otherwise, Santa does exist! If he doesn't, who is gonna give my baby son some gifts this Christmas? Me? Aw hell no!

Did you hear? They're actually trying to get anti-santaism taught during holidays! Blasphemy! What is with this war on Christmas?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ecclesiastes 1:4 - "One generation passeth away and another generation cometh, but the Earth abideth forever"

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion religion is essential for society to progress. Many people do thing for fear of punishment after death. I believe in God(the one from the Bible) because I feel him. I know it might sound silly but I always knew he was there. Before someone hops on my balls I know that there are probably a million things that make Christianity silly or wrong but having faith is by definition believing in something without proof. I've got faith.

I will add that if I have a son, I will tell him that God is real but if he wants to disbelieve, that is his choice. I wont really force him to go to church either because I don't even like church and I'm a teen.

Wow this was me back when I was a Christian. Ha Ha.

I was a Christian like you. Until I took some logic to the brain...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12823  Edited By pooty

@yodaprime: but honestly i'm not that interested in hearing an explanation so i'd rather smile and not. lol

agreed

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12824  Edited By dshipp17

@yodaprime said:

@pooty said:

eh. i feel where you're coming from. But views on reality/truth and religious beliefs i feel are a bit open than most other concepts such as laziness. A person can be perfectly sane and have .. "exotic" beliefs.

It's not a matter of hurting anyone's feeling's it's just given the topic, u can't really prove him absolutely wrong unless he's contrasting himself with an already established system.

For example, if speaking as a christian i can't say "i have been reincarnated" because the belief system i associate myself with doesn't support that possibility. So in that case it would be fair to call me "wrong"

But you can't tell a Buddhist that he's wrong if he makes the same claim because his belief system supports that.

Now, nothing in Christianity (or even philosophy as far as i'm aware), can possibly support the notion that a human in any form can pre-date the big bang. So technically sure, i think it's fair to say this dude is wrong and debate it... but honestly i'm not that interested in hearing an explanation so i'd rather smile and not. lol

I suppose he could make a case for Metaphysical solipsism.

which would be interesting..

I wasn't saying anything to support Buddhism, Christianity, or reincarnation; I was describing a personal experience from my past. It derives from something that isn't related to humanity. And I said that I wasn't making something up to further the conversation, but describing how I can be so sure of what I know about the Bible representing the correct belief system, since I'm 100% that there's a God; if you want to keep guessing and be confused, that's fine with me; I just interjected something to tell you that I know what I know. I'm talking about something that's outside of humanity; I think I know why God has introduced the concept of freewill for humanity to wrestle with; no one understands because you're not suppose to understand or know what I may be talking about; if you prefer to disbelieve me and stick with guessing about God's existence, that's perfectly fine with me and actually kind of a relief, to be frank; less accountability for me having revealed what I revealed.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12826  Edited By Zelos797

Mostly Christians, agnostics and atheists in here. I actually am a Muslim.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: Who wants to work during holidays? Not me!

That is why we have Santa! Those anti-santaists don't understand what Christmas would be like without Santa. I can't imagine my holidays without Santa, therefore he is real.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dshipp17 said:

@king_saturn said:

@dshipp17 said:

@yodaprime said:

@dshipp17

Wow...you really are deluded....

Of all the posts I have read in this thread, and the debates I have had. I have never read something like that.

Assuming you aren't trolling of course.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@king_saturn said:

@dshipp17 said:

@yodaprime said:

@dshipp17

Of all the posts I have read in this thread, and the debates I have had. I have never read something like that.

You must be too stupid to know when you see deluded, assuming you think there's no God, of course.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@dshipp17 said:

@king_saturn said:

@dshipp17 said:

@yodaprime said:

@dshipp17

You must be too stupid to know when you see deluded, assuming you think there's no God, of course.

What? Me too stupid? I am not the one making insane claims such as you are. Though of course you are going to deny being deluded as that is how the term is applied.

Again assuming you aren't trolling or just playing a very late April Fools joke.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Me too stupid? I am not the one making insane claims such as you are. Though of course you are going to deny being deluded as that is how the term is applied.

Again assuming you aren't trolling or just playing a very late April Fools joke.

Hey man, you can't prove that he's not a reincarnation of Galactus, can you? Therefore it follows that he must be Galactus, and we all know that Galactus would never lie to us about stuff like this, right?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12834  Edited By pooty
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey man, you can't prove that he's not a reincarnation of Galactus, can you? Therefore it follows that he must be Galactus, and we all know that Galactus would never lie to us about stuff like this, right?

lol. Ha ha sure. :)

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: Wa alaykumu s-salam brother. Nice to see that I am not the only Muslim on this site.

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: Wa alaykumu s-salam brother. Nice to see that I am not the only Muslim on this site.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12838  Edited By AtPhantom

If we take that cosmology to its logical conclusion, the Heralds of Galactus are actually cosmic Jehova's Witnesses. You're just hanging around one day minding your own business and suddenly a flying shining silver dude knocks on your door and asks "Good day sir, do you have a moment to talk about your Lord and Devourer?"

And then your planet dies.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@duchess: but... I thought Santa existed..... );

Yeah, what the hell is with all these anti-santaists these days? Unless proven otherwise, Santa does exist! If he doesn't, who is gonna give my baby son some gifts this Christmas? Me? Aw hell no!

Truth!

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12840  Edited By MatteoPG

@dshipp17 said:

@matteopg said:

@dshipp17: the Ivy league has no control over how worthy the candidates are. God made us in a way that we could only get into heaven by passing a test that we are ill equiped to pass. Also, if he loved us, why would he want the punishment to be so severe even if the crime was so small?

Of course the Ivy Leagues have control of the standards by which they pick candidates; obviously, it's more of a case of the candidates having failed the likely criteria that causes their failure; God's criteria are perfect and unchanging, while the Ivy Leagues choose candidates by sometimes arbitrary values; God provides the Holy Spirit to ensure the willing's success, while the Ivy Leagues leave people to their own devices. Additionally, God will not get control of your freewill, even if your freewill will lead you to making a bad choice, but, providing the Holy Spirit as guidance is help enough.

The punishment is separation from God; so, all of the good attributes are removed with God, leaving all negative attributes; since mercy and peace are attributes associated with God, those attributes will be absent in a place void of God. Obviously, the concept of mercy cares if a situation is major or minor, or, at least related attributes care about those things, but they will be absent in a place designed to be void of God.

You purposfully misinterpreted what I said... I don't really care all that much, though. Bye.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At which point do we blame religion, and at which point do we blame human nature?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@king_saturn said:

@dshipp17 said:

@yodaprime said:

@dshipp17

Oh, good, I was too self-conscious to say anything, but now I can admit this to you guys: I created God. It was weird, but I left a petri dish out in the open all night and god grew out of it. I let him run the Universe because I'm lazy.

I swear it's the truth!

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread should be closed down, it's just flame.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: nah, there have been a lot of good conversations. I only get ticked off when a dude comes and says he was here before the big bang...

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12845  Edited By YodaPrime
Stewie started the Universe
Stewie started the Universe

hmm that reminds me...

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is so unfair. We hear all about Christian atrocities in the crusades and inquisition, or the Muslim atrocities in its acquisition of territory and all the jihads and modern terrorism, or Atheist (or anti-theist cause you bunch whine a lot if this is used) in communism and other religious purges.... But what about us deists? You think we ain't badass enough? That it? You think we don't cut it? Well guess what... We can cut it! Cause guillotine! French Reign of Terror! Yeah! That deistic atrocities right there! Now we're a part of the club! You got Pope Urban II, Osama Bin Laden, Stalin? Well we've got Robespierre!

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@theamazingbatman: you still have to give me your argument for the existence of a god, but I am perfectly ok with you trying to prove that the Quran is the word of Allah. Your choice, go ahead and start with what you prefer.

Quran , which was revealed 1400 years ago , speaks about things which science has discovered recently.

@cable_extreme said:

@theamazingbatman: since when have we been talking about Islamic morals? You said God predetermined Death, which means no matter how someone died, it is the way "god" wanted. This basically destroys the idea of free will..

I have been talking about Islamic morals :P Yes , God has predetermined death . He choses that whether you die in bed or an accident . And it does not take your free will away . Free will is a complicated subject . You need to understand what it means . If God have decided that you die in your 70s , then your free will has been taken from you ?? You mean that you can't do anything on your own?? The answer is no. You can still do anything that you want to , and this is called free will . It is up to you to decide what you will do .

@theamazingbatman: What a bleak way at looking at things. So if your mother was suffering from cancer and she only had weeks to live, would you look her in the eye and tell it is all a test?

I mean it sounds like you are saying it is better off to die than to live. Again that makes no sense.

Actually , I would tell her that :D

When did I say that it is better to die than to live :P

@pooty said:

@dshipp17 said:

@matteopg said:

@theamazingbatman: that's a really weird example. Couldn't he test some people without crippling them? Maybe he could, oh-I-don't-know, make bad things happen to them but nothing irreversible. I mean, if they pass the test and remain without legs or without sight it's kind of a mean move, considering other people get much simpler tests.

Also, teachers aren't omnipotent and omniscent... you can't use mundane examples to explain the behaviour of something that trascends any rule.

Again, Hell is not so much intended to be a place of suffering to delight God so much as it's a place where you (e.g. the willingly unsaved) can exist away from God's presence, as I've already explained. Saying that life is a test by God is very logically, because God will have to judge you before you're cast into Hell; God just wants to leave you speechless at the time of your judgement for what justified His choice in your judgement.

Addressing the underlined part. Hell is SPECIFICALLY a place of burning and suffering and torment. It's not just a place void of God. Just because God is not around does not automatically cause a location to burst into flames. He created Hell on purpose. before any was ever sent there, God created it to be a burning place of torment. The major problem with this is that God can kill the soul. He could easily get rid of the non-believers. but he prefers to torture them. Even if we choose to reject God why does he prefer our torment over death. The wages sin pays is death. not everlasting torment.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death

and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Also, since the penalty is so severe, God should make it clear which religion is correct. You say the Bible. @theamazingbatman says Islam. What kind of God tells you, you can go to hell but won't tell you what religion is the one the will keep you out of hell? Since he doesn't make his choice clear, we won't be speechless. we'll say "I picked the one I thought was right. I picked the one I thought you approved. I'm human born into sin. It's not my fault you didn't make the right religion clear."

God has made his choice clear : Islam . Now it is up to you to decide . Islam will keep you away from hell . And forgive me if I am sounding biased :P

@pooty said:

@theamazingbatman:

Quran 16:93 If Allah so willed, He could make you all one people. But He leaves straying whom He pleases and He guides whom He pleases

What's this supposed to prove??

It proves that Allah predetermines who he will save. Nothing we do matters because Allah will guide who he pleases.

What are the contradictiona in the Quran portion???

1)Once verse says we decide whether we believe. the second says allah determines whether you believe.

2) one verse says allah causes evil. another says we bring evil upon ourselves

3) one verse says forgive and preach to the unbelievers. another says kill them

4) one verse says "if people don't believe then let them be. another says fight them until everyone is islam

5) in a previous post you said women and men are equal in Islam. Not true. men get double the inheritance. It takes 2 female witnesses to equal one male witness. men are allowed to have multiple wives. but women can't have multiple husbands. men are allowed to beat their wives. no equality there

CONTRADICTIONS( and other facts) FROM THE QURAN:

6:12)

"It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe10:100)

"No soul can believe except by the will of Allah

_________________________________________________________________________________________________4:78)

".... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah10:100)

"No soul can believe except by the will of Allah

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________9:29)

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth45:14)

"Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not hope for the Days of Allah; It is for Him to recompense (for good or evil) each people according to what they have earned

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________3:20)

"So if they dispute thee, say: "I have permitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me"..... "Do you (also) submit yourselves? If they do, they are in right guidance. But if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the message. And in Allah's sight are (all) His servants

8:38-39)

"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from disbelief), their past would be forgiven; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning to them). And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's in its entirety.

Allah may guide us if we ask for guidance from Him .

Allah can guide any man if that man asks for guidance . And it is up to us to believe .

Allah has CREATED evil but we bring evil upon ourselves.

Which verse says to kill the unbelievers?

Women and men are equal in Islam .

Want me to explain the above sentences??

As for the verse 9:29 , I would like to continue it . THe full verse is

"Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued"

This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do mindless slaughter as the media portrays or deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to fight only those non-Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state tax.

As for the verse 8 : 39 , That doesn't mean that we should kill all non muslims that means that means to fight crime and injustice . And by "the religion becomes of Allah entirely" means that it remains that the religion should not be compromised because of persecution .

And if I missed to answer some of your questions in this post , tell me .

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman: What a bleak way at looking at things. So if your mother was suffering from cancer and she only had weeks to live, would you look her in the eye and tell it is all a test?

I mean it sounds like you are saying it is better off to die than to live. Again that makes no sense.

Actually , I would tell her that :D

When did I say that it is better to die than to live :P

That is just sad. Utterly sad...

I am not convinced that if you were in that actual situation you wouldn't as someone who has seen there family members suffer from horrible illnesses only for them to die from it. I don't think you would do that at all. Truth is you don't know what you would do, assuming of course you haven't been through something like that yourself of course. As you may have done.

Well you did say

"Life on this Earth is nothing more than a test . The real life will be in the hereafter . The man who is suffering from cancer will be rewarded on the final day ."

That our life here that let's face it the only existence we know with 100 percent certainty we have, is just a test. And that our real life shall begin after we die so it is better to be dead and move on from here than it is to stay alive here. That is what it seems like you are saying.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12849  Edited By pooty

@theamazingbatman: God has made his choice clear : Islam . Now it is up to you to decide . Islam will keep you away from hell . And forgive me if I am sounding biased :P

You say Islam is the right religion. but dshipp17 says Christianity is absolutely the clear choice. and he's just as positive as you are. Read post 12806 and 12810 when you can. And why would a loving God create evil? If he didn't create evil, we couldn't bring it upon ourselves.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001 said:

@pooty said:

@zelos797 said:

Mostly Christians, agnostics and atheists in here. I actually am a Muslim.

@theamazingbatman and @consolemaster001 are Muslim also. Welcome!

Assalamu Aleykum

You are a muslim??

Wa alaikum Assalam :D

Glad to see that I am not the only muslim here :D

@pooty said:

@consolemaster001: Assalamu Aleykum

Wa alaykumu s-salam
Wa alaykumu s-salam

Actually , its Arabic :P

@king_saturn

On a Side Note, Pooty killed your Argument using the Quran...

There is no such thing as Regular... Regular is just a word Weird People use who want to think there are the Norm.

Not any more...

Very Good Then... This Is Important That You Acknowledge This Point.

Allah Doesn't Have To Make Every Choice For Humans... It's The Fact That He Creates The Human Knowing That There Lives Could Lead To Eternal Damnation Which Makes Him Cruel... It's Good That Allah Creates Those Who Will Eventually Lead Lives That Will Have A Outcome Of Paradise... But For GOD To Create Humans That He Knows Will Lead Lives That Will Eventually Send Them To Hell... That's Not Cool.

On Top Of That, GOD Could Create Situations Where Your Choices Lead You To Decisions That Would Lead You To GOD Anyways. That Makes It Even Worse As It Makes It Seem As GOD Does Not Really Care Who Goes Where... As Long As There Are Some In Heaven and Some In Hell. CRUEL

If GOD Freely Gives You Choice To Do What You Will In Your Life... How Can You Abuse The Ability ? It Doesn't Matter If You Don't Choose What GOD Wants You To Do... You Are Free To Choose As You Will... Therefore, You Can't Abuse That Which Is Yours To Use Are You Please. Good and Bad Are Subjective... Though Technically If GOD Knows What You Will Choose Beforehand... Free Will Is Illusion.

Allah Doesn't Have To Interfere With Our Free Will... He Can Simply Watch Us Do What He Already Knows What We Will Do... And If That Leads To Hell and Damnation... Then Allah Is Wrong... As He Had Basically Created Something And Watched The Creation Destroy Itself Knowing It Would Do It Even Before He Created It. And As I Said Before, Allah Could Create Different Conditions Where The Creation Does Do What He Wants It To Do... That Makes Allah...... CRUUUUUUUUUEL.

Well I Think You Are Wrong... It's Environments and Culture That Shapes And Molds People... Defining Moments In People's Lives... Conditions And Factors That Shape And Mold How And What You Will Believe... Now You Can Say That You Would Still Be A Muslim If You Was In A Different Situation... But That's Speaking Directly From A Completely Biased Perspective As Islam Has Your Mind Bent Towards It Today As We Speak...

But Who's To Say If You Was An African American Living In Atlanta, Georgia With Some Good Ole Southern Bible Believing Folks That You Would Still Be A Muslim ? It's Highly Likely You Wouldn't. Not Even Considering Other Possible Factors as well.

I don't think that poorty killed my argument.

Allah doesn't make any choice for human except for a few . We have a free will . We can do whatever we want . We can lie if we want and we can tell the truth if we want , it is up to us to decide. You can't possibly say that you lied because god forced you to . You lied because of yourself . You could have chosen truth too but you chose to lie and thus it was your decision .

We go to eternal damnation or eternal happiness because of ourselves.

And if God always create the situations which would lead you to good , then where is the test ? In that case our free will won't be of any use. It would be like giving you a test with MCQs and all the wrong answers will be cut off by the teacher and you have only one answer and so it wouldn't be a test . God cares who goes where. That's why he sends his messengers and books to mankind.

Well , you are abusing your free will . It will seem like God gave you a free will to do evil . Free will is not illusion . God only knows what will you do because he can look into the future . God does not make you do anything . It is you who are doing your own business .

Allah isn't interfering in our free will. He is simply watching us do what he knows we will do . Everyone will go to hell or heaven because of his/her deeds which is in our hand and so we decide that either we go to heaven or hell .As I already said before , creating different situations would be pointless .

And if god guides someone , culture and people won't matter .

and if God had guided me then being in no culture would have stopped me from being a muslim.