Religion & Racism, two sides of the same coin?

• 106 results
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#101  Edited By Deadcool
@ssejllenrad said:
You take Christian dogma from what is written in Divine Comedy? Really? And race now is defined by what one believes? Really?

...?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Deadcool: First off, please do some research before you claim something. Vatican respects Divine Comedy. Yes. But does it represent Christian Dogma as a whole? No. First off there is no unified Christian doctrine regarding limbo. In fact Limbo is denied by the Orthodox and Protestants. Second, the Catholic Church, the sect with the most tolerance for the concept of Limbo does not categorize Limbo as such. Gehenna is not in doctrine. And the remaining three concepts of Limbo ( Purgatory, Limbo of the Infants, and Limbo of the Patriarchs) are not parts of hell. Purgatory is a state of grace that cleanses the soul for heaven. Limbo of the infants is that of the unbaptized but has been recently ruled out. Limbo of the Patriarchs is also a state of grace. In the end, the difference between a non-Christian (yes by Catholic doctrine, they can, with one following personal conscience) and a Christian who gets to heaven is that the baptized one gets to have this beatific vision (getting to see the face of God) and the non-baptized doesn't. A bit biased still, no? True. But it doesn't equate to the Limbo = Hell you just got from Divine Comedy. Got it?
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Deadcool

@ssejllenrad said:  

First off, please do some research before you claim something. 

I did...

Vatican respects Divine Comedy. Yes. But does it represent Christian Dogma as a whole? 

I never said it was... 

First off there is no unified Christian doctrine regarding limbo. In fact Limbo is denied by the Orthodox and Protestants.  

For the vatican is real, or at least it was, in a few years the Pope John Paul II, said that "Thanks to the infinite mercy of God", now all those that are in the Limbo belong now to Heaven, I remember when I first saw those news on the TV, I have a link about it, but is not in english.

Second, the Catholic Church, the sect with the most tolerance for the concept of Limbo does not categorize Limbo as such.  
Gehenna is not in doctrine. And the remaining three concepts of Limbo ( Purgatory, Limbo of the Infants, and Limbo of the Patriarchs) are not parts of hell. 
Purgatory is a state of grace that cleanses the soul for heaven. Limbo of the infants is that of the unbaptized but has been recently ruled out. Limbo of the Patriarchs is also a state of grace.  
In the end, the difference between a non-Christian (yes by Catholic doctrine, they can, with one following personal conscience) and a Christian who gets to heaven is that the baptized one gets to have this beatific vision (getting to see the face of God) and the non-baptized doesn't. A bit biased still, no? True. But it doesn't equate to the Limbo = Hell you just got from Divine Comedy.

Thanks for the info... 
Just one question: Do you belong to a religion/doctrine?
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Sissel
Religion doesn't enforce racism at all. More likely, people use religion on their personal agenda. Like twisting the words out of its context.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Deadcool: Officially I'm a Catholic. But I almost lost all interest in religion due to Baptists around my area. I view myself now more of a general theist. I don't really care about doctrines or biblical literalism and such but I still do believe in a Creator. Oh and my apologies if I came on too hostile.
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By GT-Man

Depends what kind of religion Mine NO
Ashra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Ashra
@ssejllenrad said:
@Ashra: It was a joke... But you know what they say about jokes.. Half-meant and all... :D     How do you place them smileys?

Use the HTML code option.  Find a smileys HTML code and there ya are.  

@Sissel said:
Religion doesn't enforce racism at all. More likely, people use religion on their personal agenda. Like twisting the words out of its context.
This.  To the 2nd power.    

So, the answer to the threads question is a resounding:  NO
And it's ignorant to make any blanket judgment call like it. 
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Deadcool
@ssejllenrad:  
No problem, I used to be Catholic, currently I am not but those are personal reasons, in my country the Catholism is very popular, is rare to find another religions, the main problem with me and the religions is that religious people is easy to manipulate, a few comments ago I said: 

people love to manipulate the texts of certian religions and give interpretations that contibute to their puposes 

I hate that... the Divine Comedy is a good example...