#1 Posted by kgb725 (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

What are some films that you would advise me to see no matter what genre. It helps if its easily accessible to see or on Netflix

#2 Posted by RDClip (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade Runner, The Shining, The Exorcist, Manhunter, Drive, Mad Max, 2001: A Space Oddysey, Conan the Barbarian (original) and anything directed by John Carpenter prior to 1995.

#3 Posted by Edamame (27898 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: I'd recommend Fargo and Red Eye.

#4 Posted by _Gaff_ (3127 posts) - - Show Bio
@rdclip said:

Blade Runner, The Shining, The Exorcist, Manhunter, Drive, Mad Max, 2001: A Space Oddysey, Conan the Barbarian (original) and anything directed by John Carpenter prior to 1995.

Can not go wrong with this list. Especially Blade Runner. Get the Final Cut version of Blade Runner for best viewing experience. I would also throw in Gandhi, Lawrence Of Arabia,Kingdom of Haven(directors cut), Children of Men, The Big Lebowski, anything by Monty Python, Munich, Das Boot.

#5 Edited by nerdork (3904 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725:Dead Alive

Zombie

The Game

Running Scared

Hamburger Hill

#6 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

duncan jones's moon ( with sam rockwell)

sunshine ( with chris evans)

event horizon ( classic)

james gunn's slither ( awesome)

#7 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly recommend Iceman with Michael Shannon on Netflix. VHS, Flowers of War, Sin Nombre (not sure if it's still on Netflix), and Event Horizon. That's all I got for right now.

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick-Ass

#10 Posted by _Marc_74 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Dune from 1984 not the tv version

Snatch

Running scared

Vanilla sky with the small cruise man

#11 Edited by Deadite (20136 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Horror: Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, Salem's Lot (2004), The Re-Animator (1-2), The Thing
  2. Comedy: There's Something About Mary, The World's End, Wedding Crasher, Dodgeball: An Underdog Story, Hot Tub Time Machine, Talledega Night, Anger Management.
  3. Vampire gore flicks: John Carpenter's Vampires, The Night Flier, Darkness: The Vampire Version, Fright Night (remake and original), 30 Days of Night, Salem's Lot, Near Dark.
  4. Mini series: Storm of the Century, John Adams, Band of Brothers, Pride & Prejudice (BBC), The Way We Live Now, Tommyknockers.
  5. Documentary franchise: Walking With Dinosaurs, Planet Earth, The Blue Planet
  6. Westerns: Dollars Trilogy, Unforgiven, 3:10 To Yuma (2007)
  7. Werewolf flicks: Ginger Snaps, An American Werewolf In London, Silver Bullet, Wolfman (Anthony Hopkin), Wolf (Jack Nicholson)
  8. Apocalypse/Survivalist: The Ravenous, The Road, The Postman,.

I'll post more if you want.

#12 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

Some recent flicks I caught:

• Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy
  • Take Shelter
  • Gladiator Extended Cut
  • To Kill A Mockingbird
  • Blue Planet
#13 Edited by kgb725 (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite: The ending to storm of the century gets me everytime

#14 Edited by Deadite (20136 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@deadite: The ending to storm of the century gets me everytime

Okay, I was thinking it's you who I posted a list like this to, before. Your name's so familiar, and I was lucky the thread did come up from search. I didn't even know the exact title of the thread so I'm pretty proud of myself at the moment :)

It means a lot to me to find someone who also like the series so you really made my day. It's kinda obscure. I've watched the series probably 4 or 5 times already.

I'll come up with a list without the ones I already suggested from the other thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/movies-horror-fans-should-see-1508722/

#15 Posted by kgb725 (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite: I like seeing obscure movies that show up in top 10's and few people see the hard part is finding them lol

#16 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9363 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolf Children Ame and Yuki.

Anything by Miyazaki.

#17 Posted by sagejonathan (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

Ip man and Ip Man 2 are among my favorites. They must be watched.

#18 Posted by VoodooPenguin (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Halloween (original)
People Under The Stairs
Nightmare on Elm Street 1 & 3
Friday the 13th (original)

#19 Posted by JetiiMitra (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wind that Shakes the Barley is pretty good, and it's on Netflix.

#20 Edited by NoahMaximillion (328 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fifth Element, Mystery Men (both on Netflix), Bugsy Malone and The Bourne Trilogy .