• 53 results
#1 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Is our beloved music slowly coming back with the release of the recent albums(selling in the millions) or is it all just a front?Was it even dead?If it was who do you feel can bring it back?

Who do you think murder it?

Who do you think are the best rappers currently?

Will the undergriund finally get some light and save Hip-Hop

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
waits for Vance, king saturn, and static to duke it out, with additional commentary from Gambler and Babs
#3 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#4 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
Akira Overdrive said:
"Is our beloved music slowly coming back with the release of the recent albums(selling in the millions) or is it all just a front?Was it even dead?If it was who do you feel can bring it back?

Will the undergriund finally get some light and save Hip-Hop"

Whos album sold in the millions other than Lil Wayne's? Rap is in genre's so Gangsta Rap isn't dead lyrical rap maybe a little bit. Maybe Nas or some underground rapper we don't know about.

Don't know....

For me I like Young Jeezy, Nas, some of Lil Wayne's music, and a few more people.

Maybe maybe not. Depends.
#5 Edited by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio

Hip hop never died it just that everyone gets it off the internet or bootleg now. which is dumb cuz we're not supportin the artist which means they cant produce... which means it dies... OH SNAP!

#6 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
man_of_forever said:
"Hip hop never died it just that everyone gets it off the internet ot bootleg now. which is dumb cuz we're not supportin the artist which means they cant produce... which means it dies... OH SNAP!"
Guess I should stop he says as he raises hand in shame.
#7 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio
Jax said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Is our beloved music slowly coming back with the release of the recent albums(selling in the millions) or is it all just a front?Was it even dead?If it was who do you feel can bring it back?

Whos album sold in the millions other than Lil Wayne's? Rap is in genre's so Gangsta Rap isn't dead lyrical rap maybe a little bit. Maybe Nas or some underground rapper we don't know about.

Don't know....

For me I like Young Jeezy, Nas, some of Lil Wayne's music, and a few more people.

Maybe maybe not. Depends."
I forgot exactly who, other then Lil Wayne....

When you say Rap?what do you mean?

Some say Hip-Hop and Rap are two different things.

Gangsta Rap has been way......dead....or gone...or somewhere else...
#8 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio
Akira Overdrive said:
"Jax said:
"Akira Overdrive said:

Don't know....

"
yeah it is hard to see the seperation between hip-hop and rap nowa days.
#9 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio

all i gotta say is Lupe Fiasco that dude represents hip hop and doesnt release garbage like other rappers.  I think he is a lyrical genius.

#10 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"all i gotta say is Lupe Fiasco that dude represents hip hop and doesnt release garbage like other rappers.  I think he is a lyrical genius."

4sho. I wanna hear him, Common and Talib Kweli do a whole record together.
#11 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"all i gotta say is Lupe Fiasco that dude represents hip hop and doesnt release garbage like other rappers.  I think he is a lyrical genius."
I agree..with the whole "Lupe Fiasco is a lyrical genius,bla,blah"

But...."garbage like other rappers"??

Who?what?is garbage?
#12 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
Akira Overdrive said:
"Jax said:
"Akira Overdrive said:

Don't know....

"

Okay.

When I say Rap I mean like cars, clothes, and girls. When I say Hip-Hop I mean lyrics the world that stuff. Hopefully I didn;t get them confused.

I agree.

I'm talking about West Coast style. The cars, girls, and clothes and whatnot type of rap. I'm talking about that Southern Rap and Gangsta Rap.
#13 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio
man_of_forever said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:

4sho. I wanna hear him, Common and Talib Kweli do a whole record together."
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME^^    i also like twista  his new album was amazing
#14 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:

See you must not know about one of my favorite rappers who isn't mainstream Wiz Khalifa. He's a lyrical genius also. I like Lupe too but who releases garbage like these other rappers.
#15 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio
Jax said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Jax said:
"Akira Overdrive said:

Don't know....

"

I'm talking about West Coast style. The cars, girls, and clothes and whatnot type of rap. I'm talking about that Southern Rap and Gangsta Rap."
When I hear Gangsta Rap,i think of N.W.A,Pac,Dre and sh!t.

The Rap now is mainly from the south,so you can call it southern rap I guess...
#16 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
Akira Overdrive said:
"Jax said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Jax said:
"Akira Overdrive said:

Don't know....

"

I'm talking about West Coast style. The cars, girls, and clothes and whatnot type of rap. I'm talking about that Southern Rap and Gangsta Rap."
When I hear Gangsta Rap,i think of N.W.A,Pac,Dre and sh!t.

The Rap now is mainly from the south,so you can call it southern rap I guess..."
It's also classified as Gangsta rap.
#17 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio

you know what T. I isnt that bad i actually like him alot but i dont think he is anywhere near the greats^^

#18 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Who classified it as that?

#19 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"you know what T. I isnt that bad i actually like him alot but i dont think he is anywhere near the greats^^"

T.I's good too. Who are the greats to you?
#20 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"you know what T. I isnt that bad i actually like him alot but i dont think he is anywhere near the greats^^"
I dont like him...
#21 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
Akira Overdrive said:
"Who classified it as that?"

Don't know but that's what it says under alot of artists who rap with the southern style.

man_of_forever said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
I dont like him..."

Why not?
#22 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio
Jax said:
man_of_forever said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
I dont like him..."

Why not?"

It my prerogative... lol jk. Im not sure why maybe its his voice and some of his lyrics are just... ok.
#23 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio
man_of_forever said:
"Jax said:
man_of_forever said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
I dont like him..."

Why not?"

It my prerogative... lol jk. Im not sure why maybe its his voice and some of his lyrics are just... ok."
Meh..I like his lyrics and his voice is okay.

My favorite rapper has to be Wiz Khalifa.
#24 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Akira Overdrive said:

Well Hip Hop in general has just changed so much over the years. I dont really think that even with the recent surge in album sells that Hip Hop is really coming back to us the way it was. There is so many Lame Ass MCs in the game today that it almost seems like the art form kind of Fizzled Out but Hip Hop never really died it just changed dramatically. I wouldnt blame any one person for the drastic change in Hip Hop though... it was a combination of many artists that lead the charge... but as far as who do I like in Hip Hop these days well lately all I have been listening to is... Lupe Fiasco, Busta Rhymes, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Nas, Common and a few other independant artists as well. I would like to see the underground get some time to shine on a higher stage but I dont know if they will save Hip Hop.
#25 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Akira Overdrive said:

Well Hip Hop in general has just changed so much over the years. I dont really think that even with the recent surge in album sells that Hip Hop is really coming back to us the way it was. There is so many Lame Ass MCs in the game today that it almost seems like the art form kind of Fizzled Out but Hip Hop never really died it just changed dramatically. I wouldnt blame any one person for the drastic change in Hip Hop though... it was a combination of many artists that lead the charge... but as far as who do I like in Hip Hop these days well lately all I have been listening to is... Lupe Fiasco, Busta Rhymes, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Nas, Common and a few other independant artists as well. I would like to see the underground get some time to shine on a higher stage but I dont know if they will save Hip Hop."
dang you hit everything on point.
#26 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Oh Yeah... I like Styles P and Jadakiss too

lol
#27 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Oh Yeah... I like Styles P and Jadakiss too

lol
"
Have you heard Get the party started with Jada and Busta
#28 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Akira Overdrive said:
"King Saturn said:
"Oh Yeah... I like Styles P and Jadakiss too

lol
"
Have you heard Get the party started with Jada and Busta"
No Sir
#29 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Hip Hop died? I never noticed but then again I'm highly self absorbed.

#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Hip Hop died? I never noticed but then again I'm highly self absorbed."

stifles a laugh

M
#31 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
On the Independant Tip... Jedi Mind Tricks, Planet Asia, MF Doom and Murs are some of my favorites
#32 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"On the Independant Tip... Jedi Mind Tricks, Planet Asia, MF Doom and Murs are some of my favorites"

O MY TERRIBLE....

Tu pac,Bigge,enimem, Big L, Slick rick, Big daddy kane... just to name a few thats real hip hop music.
#33 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Swagga Boy said:
"King Saturn said:
"On the Independant Tip... Jedi Mind Tricks, Planet Asia, MF Doom and Murs are some of my favorites"

O MY TERRIBLE....

Tu pac,Bigge,enimem, Big L, Slick rick, Big daddy kane... just to name a few thats real hip hop music."
What ? Independant Hip Hop is the shiznit.  And every dude you named is either dead or inactive in Hip Hop right now
#34 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

you listen to hiphop now lol I know you have no taste.

all these lame bubblegum south rappers  lil wayne LOL LOL LOL  nuff said.

#35 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Swagga Boy said:
"

"
No Sir. I listen to better stuff than you do. You took just one of my posts and base that as to thats all I listen to in Hip Hop which isnt cool at all. If you would have seen my first post you would understand what I am talking about
#36 Posted by Midnight Devil (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the state of Rap music(It's not the same as Hip Hop). Everything is dumbed down. It's a shame. I blame Mike Jones. lol j/k

#37 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Swagga Boy said:
"

"
No Sir. I listen to better stuff than you do. You took just one of my posts and base that as to thats all I listen to in Hip Hop which isnt cool at all. If you would have seen my first post you would understand what I am talking about"
what do you listen to?
#38 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
Jedi MInd Tricks is serious.

AOTP.
#39 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't listen to mainstream hip hop anymore...alot of them are bustas to me....I listen to alot of underground and under the radar rappers like La Coka Nostra and Cypress Hill. I'm half mexican so i listen to spanish hip hop but i don't care for reggaetone though....can't stand daddy yankee or Tego.

#40 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Swagga Boy said:
"King Saturn said:
"Swagga Boy said:
"

"
No Sir. I listen to better stuff than you do. You took just one of my posts and base that as to thats all I listen to in Hip Hop which isnt cool at all. If you would have seen my first post you would understand what I am talking about"
what do you listen to?"
Nas, Busta Rhymes, Lupe Fiasco, Kayne West, Jay Z, Common to name a few...
#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio

MF Doom owns the rap game.

#42 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"MF Doom owns the rap game."
Indeed
#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
Indeed"
YAY lol.
#44 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
Indeed"
YAY lol."
LOL
#45 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Swagga Boy said:
"King Saturn said:
"Swagga Boy said:
"

"
what do you listen to?"
Nas, Busta Rhymes, Lupe Fiasco, Kayne West, Jay Z, Common to name a few..."

not bad not bad
#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"

"
Damn... thats a crazy ass beat.  Busta is dat n#gga

RIP J Dilla 
#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

"

RIP J Dilla 
"
I love this beat...I have been listening to this like all day.
#49 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

"

RIP J Dilla 
"
I love this beat...I have been listening to this like all day."
J Dilla was a great producer all the sh!t he did for Busta back in the day and the sh!t he did on that Slum Village album was tight too
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

"

RIP J Dilla 
"
I love this beat...I have been listening to this like all day."
J Dilla was a great producer all the sh!t he did for Busta back in the day and the sh!t he did on that Slum Village album was tight too"
Yea it was..what happened to slum villiage