#1 Edited by Hispanic_Aaron (91 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Heart Bumping

2. Will Keep You In The Edge Of Your Seat

3. Thrilling

4. If You Love Movies That Make You Jump , Then You'll Love This One!!!!

/The movie was amazing , it was thrilling , it got me nervous for the characters of the movie , this is a "Must watch zombie fim!"

#2 Posted by batmannflash (6187 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20514 posts) - - Show Bio

Reasons to stay as far away as possible:

1. The trailer was so unspeakable, shockingly bad it kill any interest one might had in the movie.
  2. The movie takes the book it was based on into the ground, beat the sh*t out of it with a shovel and proceed to bury it alive.
  3. Shaky cam is one the worst movie gimmicks used recently and makes me want go find the director and beat the bastard into a pulp
  4. Zombie waves. What the f*** where they smoking when they come up with that.

I don't intend to see this movie any sooner. I don't want to get cancer.

#4 Edited by Deadite (20549 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the remake Robocop, same as World War Z, would show us we're wrong and prove itself to be a good film.

I haven't watched WWZ but so far many online reviewers who I respect has given this film a positive review.

P.S I really hated the trailer so I'm surprised it's getting positive reaction.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

A good nap.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17247 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure the movie has to live up to at least some of the standards that the ratings give it, but I just can't help watching a teaser or trailer for this movie and saying "Hollywood bulls*** zombies". I'd like to be wrong on my negative sentiments towards this thing, though.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

A good nap.

i guess you didn't like it? :P

Haven't seen it, don't plan to.

Not out of any righteous fury or anything, it just looks aggressively mediocre.

#9 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17247 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@innervenom123 said:

A good nap.

i guess you didn't like it? :P

Haven't seen it, don't plan to.

Not out of any righteous fury or anything, it just looks aggressively mediocre.

M'kay :P

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see it because it looks like a good action flick but I don't want to see it out of respect for the poor book that has been butchered by Hollywood for movie consumption......

#11 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

I could care less if it wasn't like the book. I saw it and just thought it was a bad FILM.

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to watch it, because I don't want to drop MoS' numbers. Yeah it's silly, but sue me, I'm a big Supes fan.

#13 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

I could care less if it wasn't like the book. I saw it and just thought it was a bad FILM.

NOOOOOOOOOO! (0:49)

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I could care less about what the British have to say.

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

B-but that means you do care!

#16 Edited by Jezer (3065 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

"I could care less" is short for "I could care less but can't be bothered to because that's how little I care"

#17 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the movie.

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (15778 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The trailer was so unspeakable, shockingly bad it kill any interest one might had in the movie.
  2. The movie takes the book it was based on into the ground, beat the sh*t out of it with a shovel and proceed to bury it alive.
  3. Shaky cam is one the worst movie gimmicks used recently and makes me want go find the director and beat the bastard into a pulp

On the real. If this was a movie for someone who is unaware of the novel and who likes horror/zombie violence/post/pre-apocalyptic setting, would it be appealing for them?

#19 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (20514 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

On the real. If this was a movie for someone who is unaware of the novel and who likes horror/zombie violence/post/pre-apocalyptic setting, would it be appealing for them?

To be honest I never read the book and I am not a zombie fan to begin with, even though I do find the premise of the WWZ novel rather very interesting than the typical zombie apocalypse scenario seeing society recovering from that. This movie pisses me off on a more marketing standpoint, because the trailer in my opinion was particularly awful to sit through with that horrible, horrible Inception sound effect and over-reliance on CGI. I am not surprised this movie is bombing because of the marketing as this wouldn't be a first time. If you are a casual viewer or a zombie fan, you will probably enjoy the ride, while I am content to stay put.

#20 Posted by MonsterStomp (15778 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

To be honest I never read the book and I am not a zombie fan to begin with, even though I do find the premise of the WWZ novel rather very interesting than the typical zombie apocalypse scenario seeing society recovering from that. This movie pisses me off on a more marketing standpoint, because the trailer in my opinion was particularly awful to sit through with that horrible, horrible Inception sound effect and over-reliance on CGI. I am not surprised this movie is bombing because of the marketing as this wouldn't be a first time. If you are a casual viewer or a zombie fan, you will probably enjoy the ride, while I am content to stay put.

Fair enough. Now is it just me or is everyone's messaging/notification function not working?

#21 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20514 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: No, it isn't working for everyone. I know you replied to me earlier but that is because I looked this thread up by accident. Nothing appeared in my notification box.

#22 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus fast zombies. F##k fast zombies. I've read the book and this film is a disgrace to the name and literally seems to have only taken the title of the book. As a huge fan of zombie movies it really doesn't look like a good one even without it pissing on the source material. It kind of seems like crap to me honestly.

#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks terrible and I heard it ain't that good.

#24 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Muse did the Score.

If you're willing to pay 10$ to listen to Muse and look at some moving pictures, then go and see it.

#25 Edited by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

I passed on it simply because I don't like Brad Pitt nor seem to care much for his films

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that its a zombie movie is already a strike against it for me and the trailers didn't really help.

#27 Edited by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

I just never understood the fear factor of a creature that individually is less threatening than a good sized dog so an actual horde of say rabid pit bulls would be way more frightening than a horde of zombies and if it can be outdone by a regular animal its not a real monster.

#28 Posted by w0nd (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

this guy on yahoo said it best lol

I could care less” is one of those idiomatic expressions, particularly in American English, that doesn’t necessarily mean what it says. There are numerous suggestions for the origin of the phrase. The most recent of these is that “I could care less” is a corruption of the term “I couldn’t care less,” possibly first used in the UK in the 1940s. By the 1960s, Americans had adopted “I could care less.” Was it laziness, poor hearing or deliberate irony?

Many contend it was laziness, much like the phrase “a hot cup of coffee,” changing to, "who wants a hot cup?" Most people would prefer to have a cup of hot coffee, or eat their cake and have it too. Simple reversals or omissions of words can result in phrases like “I could care less,” when what you really mean is you don’t care at all.

#29 Edited by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent seen it yet, and I dont really want to. I will probably see it when it comes OnDemand for free. They absolutely butchered Max Brooks' American Horror classic. It, in now way, has anything to do with the book...except for the fact that there are zombies...and they are very different from the novel as well.

This movie may very well be a decent zombie movie, in its own right; but, one this is for sure, it is NOT "World War Z". I predicted that this would be one of the biggest flops of the year. Check out my blog from last August. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/world-war-z-adaptation-to-suck-690441/

It should have been adapted into a 10-15 epsiode mini-series on HBO. Its the only way to tell the entire story, and give the narratives the screen time they need.

#30 Edited by d_bones (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read the book, got dragged to it and found it to be an acceptable popcorn/summer blockbuster. Was entertaining without being too stupid (there were several annoying things but mostly ignorable). I'd give it a 6.5 or 7. I'd honestly say see MOS if you want something better but if you've seen that and want more action you could do worse.