Realistic modern shooters vs hack 'n slashers

• 55 results
Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

Poll Realistic modern shooters vs hack 'n slashers (40 votes)

Realistic modern shooters 25%
Hack 'n slash 75%

Which vídeo game genre you find most enjoyable and why. Also which one you think is the most cliched of them all (as in, you are tired of seeing them everywhere?

Modern military shooters with emphasis on realism like Call of Duty and Battlefield?

Swordfighting combat like God of War, Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry?

• 
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By WarBlade539

@indiecomicsftw: Well, Planetside 2 does feature a shitload of players in a single map. You have a PC, play it on there. Who needs a goddamn PS4, lol?

If you are looking for a Hack n' Slash with tons of replay value, play something like Skyrim. Game is extremely non-linear and there's tons of customization and new opportunities and storylines erupt every single moment. It will last you 300 hours easily.

Play Darksiders 2. Impressive game, a bit monotonous but huge world, loads of customization and bada$$ protagonist. Good story. Lasts you at least a 100 hours.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are a must. Especially 2 with all of it's 6 DLC's, I believe.

TitanFall is a beast.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Hahaha! I love punking you, man. No harm, no foul...still best-buddies, right? ^_^

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Aiden Cross

I don't reallycare for the multiplayer in FPS, a few rounds and i get bored. I'm probably of the minority who actually enjoys the CoD campaigns (even though they're short). They're action packed and fun, but not fun enough to pay 60 bucks for it. So i usually borrow or buy them at discount.

Hack 'n Slash can be pretty fun but it's still not really my game. I prefer third person adventure games.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassin's Creed isn't hack and slash as you aren't required to consistently attack in that specific manner to proceed. "Hack and Slash" revolves around titles like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Darksiders, God of War, etc. Titles like Assassin's Creed are capable of being compared to games like The Witcher, Watch_Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, GTA, etc. They fit into the open world/Action adventure genre.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By MakkyD
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Hhmm...didn't know there was such a thing as a "realistic" FPS. The best part of FPS' is when I get shot, it doesn't actually hurt...

Although to be fair the recent Medal of Honor game that takes place in Afghanistan was based off a series of missions conducted there, so I guess it's as close as you can try to be.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil may cry 1 is probably my favorite game of all time, and I can't stand the repetitiveness of shooters.

Definitely hack and slash.