Real Life Conversation *Be Mature Guys*

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Question(s): When did you get your 1st job?

When did you move out from your parents?

Is college important?

Here's my reason for asking....

I am currently working. I work part time at a store. This isn't my 1st job. My 1st job was a temporary job for part time at a retailer. But anyway I really want to move away from home. I know that I can't get my own apartment because a part time job isn't going to cover the bills. A friend of mine told me he is down to move in with me but he has 2 jobs. He works part time at a retailer and is a housekeeper at a hospital. He's also trying to become a CNA. I feel left out and bad. I'm 20 years old. I feel as though I should have my $hit together but I don't. :(

Also idk whether or not I want to go to school or not. I have NO IDEA of want I want to do. I guess you can say I'm still learning about myself. I want to have a career I like but I also want one that pays well. I've considered stripping. My family wants me to go to school but I'm not sure.

My fellow viners grace me with your knowledge on this cruel, cruel world. I'm feeling terrible.

Has any one been through what I'm experiencing?

What are you doing with you life? Are you happy?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Well that only took one comment...

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HumanRocket

@thenaughtytitan: You deleting your comment means you lost my respect for all time. I say good day to you.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@blazingnova: Oh no, your respect? What will I do? How will I go on without the respect of some random guy on the internet?

Really don't care... I deleted a comment, so what?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: excellent...your life is already crashing down without my respect. All goes according to plan.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is college important?

I am currently working. I work part time at a store. This isn't my 1st job. My 1st job was a temporary job for part time at a retailer. But anyway I really want to move away from home. I know that I can't get my own apartment because a part time job isn't going to cover the bills. A friend of mine told me he is down to move in with me but he has 2 jobs. He works part time at a retailer and is a housekeeper at a hospital. He's also trying to become a CNA. I feel left out and bad. I'm 20 years old. I feel as though I should have my $hit together but I don't. :(

Also idk whether or not I want to go to school or not. I have NO IDEA of want I want to do. I guess you can say I'm still learning about myself. I want to have a career I like but I also want one that pays well. I've considered stripping. My family wants me to go to school but I'm not sure.

My fellow viners grace me with your knowledge on this cruel, cruel world. I'm feeling terrible.

I moved out from parent(s) when I was 17, got my first job soon afterwards (not a very nice one). I'd definetely say college is important, especially since you don't seem to really know what you want to do yet, when you do figure it out wouldn't you rather have the best education possible to increase your chances? I didn't go to college and i've regretted that for most of my life, mostly because you also loose out on the social aspect of things, but it's also a fact that while you might be able to get a job without it, it's most likely not going to be the job you wanted. The world really needs more well educated people. I'd say go for it, it's a small sacrifice to make for something that could improve your happiness for the remainder of your life - heck it might not even end up a sacrifice, you'll meet alot of cool people too. That stuff will most likely not happen in your future job. :P

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is college important?

Ok, best answer i can give oyu. If your parents are willing to pay for your college, and they are willing to do it later as well. It is best to take a year to volunteer at different places and find out what jobs actually entail. As in what would you actually be doing. I am a law student, final year. I got into law because of all those shows that show lawyers have fun and argue and talk and stuff. But law in my country is pretty much boring paper stuff. You have no need to ever say anything... You just type and read, and type and read. And i hate myself for what i have chosen for my future.

Right now i am finishing up my school and working as a journalist. I would love to stay a journalist but the money is next to none.... So. Best thing i can tell you is. Take a year to find out what you want to do. as long as your parents are willing to allow it.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: thanks for the advice. It's really give me some perspective. I thinking of applying to school this fall. I'm going to talk with my advisor. Hopefully she can help me find myself.

KodaChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did you get your 1st job? Still in school ! I am a Theater Music/Major at University of Santa Barbara

When did you move out from your parents? I spend the weekdays at school , and the weekends at home since we are a very cultrual family . It is paramount that you saty close with your family , and have a good relationship.

Is college important? College is very consequential if you optate to get a good job , or get a vocation that you want . Without that degree you will not be working as a journalist , nor any other jobs in fact . My dad is in healthcare , and he is not sanctioned to optically canvass people who do not have degree's . Automaatically you resume gets thrown in the trash , in authenticity most places are like that . Unless you plan on being a rapper , or being a dj in ibza( go to college)

My knowledge to help you.

Most young adults do not know what they want to do , and that is why college is partionally desgined . They're many things you can pick from , they're many people your age you could meet , and it also gives the oppertunity to travel to abroad places with friends . Why would you go through the trouble of working many jobs , when you could go to school , have friends , and learn in different countries . I am the same age as you , and I fist I never considered going , but I am glad my parents gave me a choice to go because it brightened my future . Don't lower self to stripping ! That path will lead you do an open door , and it's not something you would want to be involved in .

Has any one been through what I'm experiencing? I have in the past , but that changed once I took a chance . ( You're not alone )

What are you doing with you life? Are you happy? I amas happy as can be , I live the life I wish , but I know their will always be a challenge in life , but in the end it's always worth it . God doesn't throw challenges at you that you cannot handle , have faith in yourself take a chance.

If you need anything message me

Umeko

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lateralus

First REAL job I got when I was 17, had other under the table jobs as a teen before that though

Technically when I was 20 is the first time I didn't live with a parent, however I was splitting rent and bills while I was living with my dad from the time I was 17

Is college important? Impossible to answer. Depends on what you want to do. I will say this, my current profession (Landscaping) has nothing to do with my major (History). So in my case the student loans may have not been worth it.....however, it may be arguable that I was able to get my business loan because of my degree.

Happiness is what you make of life. I can't say I was exactly where you were....but I had a daughter a month and a half before my 20th birthday and it changed my perspective on life dramatically (not advocating you do the same, being a parent at that age is rough). But I understand the feeling of not having your life together. I am 33, and still do not feel like I have my life together.....but maybe that's okay.