• 64 results
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

This thread is for rating the last movie/television show/anime/comic/manga/video game/song/album etc. that you've seen/read/played.

The Green Hornet - 6/10. It's not a bad movie, but if the humor didn't do it for you, the rest of the movie is pretty lackluster imo. The comedy in it wasn't really that great. Me and my friends hardly made any jokes (and none of them read comics).

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
Super Meat Boy - 8/10 Entertaining game. Great for killing time. So easy to pick up and play. Excellent learning curve.
Master_Of_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Master_Of_Evil

Star Wars the Force Unleashed II- 10/10 good way to finish the series still do not know if star-killer was a clone or not but the final fight was epic

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By riri4life
No Strings Attached 7.5/10.  I normally hate rom-coms, but Nat Portman made it watchable. Had its funny moments...but the ending was typical and boring. Good date movie.
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Mr. Mercury
Sonnymoon- Golden Age EP  9.2/10 Electronic R&B hipster fusion. Her voice is like cotton candy and the production is like futuristic native american circle music with a hip hop edge fo sho!
Urban_Spaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Urban_Spaceman
Two Worlds (Xbox 350) 2/10 Basically a waste of money in a fancy case, I am very glad I only decided to rent this horrible horrible excuse for a video game, graphics sucked, storyline sucked,  gameplay sucked, the only way you could kill the many large groups of enemies was to shoot them with a bow, run away and repeat, it claimed to be a step up from Oblivion, it felt like I was playing a Daggerfall for toddlers, except wait, even that would have been more fun.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
THIS THREAD  -  9.8 out of 10. Once I realized what this thread was, I got giddy, and I wonder why it hasn't been done before. I am often looking for peoples opinions, on movies, music, games, songs, TV shows, but I don't like generic reviews, I prefer people just giving their opinion, the type where the passion just flows out. I also like summarizing my feelings, on various tv shows, movies, and albums I like also, and even though I can't think of anything right now, I am sure that will change, and since I am very opinionated I can see myself posting here a bit, besides checking in a lot, in pursuit of finding some new TV shows, movies and songs to listen to. I will enjoy seeing this thread grow too, its an awesome idea, and now I am off to listen to Sonnymoon on You Tube. 
capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capall2

Green Hornet - 8/10 it was actually better than what i expected, the overall storyline was the greatest however there are some extremely unexpected humours thru out the movie
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
Talib Kweli " Gutter Rainbows " - 8 / 10   It an pretty solid hip hop album... no weak tracks and the production is on point as well
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sexy_merc

Harlem Nights - 9.5/10. One of the greatest comedies out there and has a great cast. Also funnier when watching it with people who know the jokes and have seen it before.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSheepHerder
Ace Combat: Joint Assault (PSP)-6.8/10 I've been waiting for a good arcade simulation on the PSP and while AC:JA isn't perfect, it's still a fun game to play. The plot and voice acting was mediocre, but the arsenal of aircraft and awesome graphics makes Joint Assault pretty much the best simulation for a portable console so far.
Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Darkseid Elite

NBA 2K11- 7/10 

Love the game, but online needs work. I always get disconnected and can never connect to games unless I invite someone. 

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sexy_merc

2012 - 6.5/10. It was a pretty decent movie. I don't believe in the whole thing but I think they handled it alright.

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crimson Orchid
House of Leaves - 7/10: Very interesting and captivating book, but confusing as hell.  I may need to go back and read it a few more times to really understand it.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SC  Moderator
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest/The Castle made of Air That Was Blown Up (MOVIE) - 8/10 - This is the final part of the movie adaption trilogy from Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy, and although like most book to movie adaptations, I felt the books were better, I was very fond of this final chapter. We got a lot of resolution, and a lot of really feel good moments that felt like real victories. Though there were some dark moments and maybe an unexpected ending that might sadden some. These movies cover some dark material, but it never really makes you feel so bad that its depressing, and of course is there any doubt that Lisbeth Salander isn't one of the coolest, freshest, bad ass characters around in the last decade? Noomi Rapace continues to give us a very captivating performance as Salander, she is dark, sexy, smart, clever, prickly and bamf. She gets a bit vampy in this movie too, and breaks out the best fictional mohawk since Storm all those years ago. If its not apparent by now, you could safely assume I am enamored with Lizbeth Salander's character, and maybe that affects my overall judgement of the film, but then again, you should enamored with this character too. Michael Nyqvist likewise continues his role as Mikael Blomkvist, and plays that role excellently, its weird to think that in a few months Daniel Craig will attempt to fill in as this character, I can't see it personally. Too pretty, not gritty enough, which is something not normally said of Craig, especially when comparing him to other Hollywood actors. Still. Anyway, I tried to stay light on spoilers, but if enjoyed the other two movies, I have faith you will enjoy this one as well, if you enjoyed the books, you will probably find the transition reasonably good, and if you have not read the books, or seen the two other movies, I kindly ask that you try if you can. If you like emotionally messed up, smart, as in like genuinely smart female characters, with a dark edge and a raw stubborness, and stoic nature, I think your really find yourself with a new favorite fictional character, that might get even more popular in a few months when the American movie adaptions of the book, come out. 
queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By queenfrost_
The Girl Who Played With Fire - 8.5/10 Beautifully written. The description is superb, the fighting scenes and the gritty reality is all on point. Some bits are kinda cliche, aside from that, it's a really good read! :D
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Susanoo

Oceans 12 8/10. Great movie, superb actors/actresses ^^
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator
@queenfrost_ said:
" The Girl Who Played With Fire - 8.5/10 Beautifully written. The description is superb, the fighting scenes and the gritty reality is all on point. Some bits are kinda cliche, aside from that, it's a really good read! :D "

Oh my, your an Emma frost fan, and a fan of Stieg Larsson's Millennium-trilogy? I think I really might actually have to agree that you will singlehandedly rule 2011 lol, Have you see the movies as well queenfrost_? Do you think they do an okay job of representing the books? I definitely agree with your review overall.  
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SC  Moderator
Le Pacte des loups/Brotherhood of the Wolf - 9/10 - So totally my favorite movie, but I haven't seen it, I was like at primary school. I always felt this movie was underrated, maybe because its French and had subtitles? It stars Samuel Le Bihan, who a lot probably haven't heard of, he plays a noted and famed Zoologist, but it also stars Mark Dacascos, who everyone should know (Crying Freeman) and Monica Bellucci is here too, as is the very cool, very awesome Vincent Cassel (that guy who does the cool laser dance in the Ocean's 12 movie) This movie is basically a mish mash of Action, Romance, History, Martial Arts, Horror, and Supernatural. Honestly though it makes it work. Oh I forgot conspiracy thriller as well, since this movie, centers around some killings, and the Beast of Gévaudan legend myth, and there is a lot of mystery. If you can handle subtitles, and movies that don't stick to one genre and your looking for characters that are unique, then you will like this as much as me. I spent a lot of time during this movie trying to theorize aspects of it, its a fun movie like that. My second favorite French Movie after Amélie, and it holds up after time as well, not really dated at all, better than i remembered even. 
lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By lastdrag0n89
Veritas (Korean Manwha)-10/10
Whew, man where do I start with this one. This manhwa (Korean manga) puts all those Japanese Manga's to shame. It doesn't follow the cliche and repetitive rehash of characters that you so often find in manga. The story starts off as a kid is getting his teeth kicked in by a group of guys. He is then rescued by a mysterious man who single handedly takes all down. Impressed with his strength, the boy pleads with the mysterious man to train him so that he is able to have strength like that. He is eventually taken on as a disciple and is shown an entire new world of martial arts. His master is revealed to be the Lightning Tiger and after a short 2 months training of the basic techniques, Tiger is killed. Being that he is the only one to be considered close to tiger and also being the sole successor to his techniques, The boy is admitted into a school where other protege's/disciples practice and hones their traits. If you get a chance, PICK THIS UP!!! The awesomeness can only be read, not explained.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sherlock
The Kings Speech

9/10 I thought it was pretty good all things considered and Colin Firth was very good in it but if you cant get past his stammering it will drive you nuts
queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By queenfrost_
@SC said:
" @queenfrost_ said:
" The Girl Who Played With Fire - 8.5/10 Beautifully written. The description is superb, the fighting scenes and the gritty reality is all on point. Some bits are kinda cliche, aside from that, it's a really good read! :D "
 Oh my, your an Emma frost fan, and a fan of Stieg Larsson's Millennium-trilogy? I think I really might actually have to agree that you will singlehandedly rule 2011 lol, Have you see the movies as well queenfrost_? Do you think they do an okay job of representing the books? I definitely agree with your review overall.   "
LOL thankyou, that means a lot! :D <3

And yeah, I think they did it quite well actually, but some scenes drifted off from the book hehe :P but the books are better for sure!
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By ReVamp
@lastdrag0n89:  
Wow... quite impressed to see someone read this, I was under the impression it was pretty unknown. :P, while I didn't think it was a ten, it was definitely solid.
@SC said:
"THIS THREAD  -  9.8 out of 10. Once I realized what this thread was, I got giddy, and I wonder why it hasn't been done before. I am often looking for peoples opinions, on movies, music, games, songs, TV shows, but I don't like generic reviews, I prefer people just giving their opinion, the type where the passion just flows out. I also like summarizing my feelings, on various tv shows, movies, and albums I like also, and even though I can't think of anything right now, I am sure that will change, and since I am very opinionated I can see myself posting here a bit, besides checking in a lot, in pursuit of finding some new TV shows, movies and songs to listen to. I will enjoy seeing this thread grow too, its an awesome idea, and now I am off to listen to Sonnymoon on You Tube.  "

Dang... beat me to it :) 
So... Homeland Legent of Drizzt - 7.5(:P) I'm sure a lot of you know this book (or maybe you don't and I'm an idiot) but I read this after the fourth book in the series (Don't ask - However, ironically the fourth book was written before the first :)) Basically about an drow (Dark elf) who lives under in the depths of the Underdark (underground) and since he is born he looks at the ways of the Drow with unease, he believes his people to be too cruel and dastardly, however, as time goes on he finds another who thinks like him, Zak who is similar to him in his way of thinking. As time goes on the young Drow tries to wrestle with his way of thinking and his scoiety. 
A decent read, could be better, but the saga seems to pick up by the fourth book which I enjoyed more.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
Garden State - 9.5 / 10  Easily one of my Favorite Films... Natalie Portman is Hot as Usual... and the overall tone of the film is great as well Zach Braff and Peter Skarsgard are awesome in the film too... 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sexy_merc

Training Day - 8/10. Still good even watching it in a class. Denzel acted really well even though I don't like seeing him taking on a role like that and Ethan Hawke was actually pretty good too.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#26  Edited By AssertingValor

SuperMoto for PS1-  9/10  hard as hell to beat!........
Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crimson Orchid

The last song I listened to...

I actually don't mind this remix, though I still prefer the original song.  I give it a 7/10.
Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Regular Show- 9/10 
Was really funny.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Mr. Mercury said:
" Sonnymoon- Golden Age EP  9.2/10 Electronic R&B hipster fusion. Her voice is like cotton candy and the production is like futuristic native american circle music with a hip hop edge fo sho! "

Just wanted to say thanks man, I have a new favorite to listen to. Awesome music, I agree with your description too. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Caligula
________ - 9.5, it was pretty ________
Whoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Whoa
Black Swan 8/10 - The film was a little odd but it was pretty interesting and different from everything else currently out. P.S. The film does a good job making you cringe through some scenes. 
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@SC said:
" @Mr. Mercury said:
" Sonnymoon- Golden Age EP  9.2/10 Electronic R&B hipster fusion. Her voice is like cotton candy and the production is like futuristic native american circle music with a hip hop edge fo sho! "
 Just wanted to say thanks man, I have a new favorite to listen to. Awesome music, I agree with your description too.  "
Wow! Your welcome! It's amazing you looked them up, thanks!
Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bigheart711
Current Avatar - 9/10
I'm thinking of using him as a 1st stage appearance for my RPG Character. I ave yet to find the Super-Form.
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rogue_mar1e
The piece of watermelon i just ate - 8/10
Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Loki9876

jonah hex 4/10 a bad movie that got too much what!!!!!!!!!!!!-moments
bronson 7.5/10 a pretty good movie.
no country for old men 9/10 a good movie. Whit great actors in it

miki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By miki

The Chronicles of Narnia 3 and the first was good but the third and just a waste of time!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
The Book of Eli - 7.5 / 10. Good, but other than Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman, it was very poorly acted and the CGI could have been better during the background shots. Still, it was enjoyable and it felt like a rather fresh story.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmegaDynasty
Netflix: 9/10  Better than having to pay for rentals especially late fee's, and only 10 bucks a month.  Although, many things I want I wish I could stream instead of order through by mail. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty: 

Netflix is amazing. I love it.
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#40  Edited By Dracade102
The Invisible Man Returns - 7/10 It didn't live up to the hype of the original Invisible Man, but it was a fun sequel to watch for it's time.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sexy_merc

NBA All-Star Weekend - 9/10, was a great event. No sports do AS games like the NBA, nice dunk contest (despite my personal thoughts on it), 3-point shootout was good, skills challenge brought up the new Steph. Curry meme, Rookie-Sophomore was fun to watch (really fun), Pippen blocked Bieber, and All-Star game was incredible (Kobe winning MVP in his last AS game in LA while him and KD proved to be unstoppable).

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Burn After Reading - 5/10. The Coen Brothers are extremely overrated.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By Mercy_

Zombie by The Cranberries - 10/10. Amazing music, amazing lyrics, amazing video with a real message. Plus I'm related to Dolores O'Riordan. ^___^

Avatar image for franklinrichards86
franklinrichards86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am number 4 - 9/10, you may disagree if you have seen it, but i didnt expect much and was pleasently surprised by this movie, slow in the begining, but what intro type movie isnt.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sexy_merc

The 6th Man - 8.5/10. Man, I've seen this movie so many times but seeing it with your ball team is just unreal. Just a great movie and I'm a sucker for sports movies (mostly basketball and football). Funny and has some sad stuff too at times. Not my favorite basketball movie but definitely one that me and my friends still enjoy.

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Call Of Duty Black Ops- 8/10  

Really fun game, but the campers in it piss me off big time. Wish everyone could just run and gun like Elpresador has stated. Would be a much more fun game, but what are ya gonna do about it?

Metro_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Metro_Man

Breakheart Pass -  7.5/10

John Deakin (Charles Bronson) is an undercover agent, and passenger on a train. The train is heading to a diphtheria-plagued army fort. I won't ruin the rest... Thats the build up. A 1975 Western movie.
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#48  Edited By harleyquinn12

Konichiwa Bitches- Robyn 9/10

Really good song..It might not be my thing, but the concept is nice, the lyrics are crazy (in a good way), you just have to love it. Robyn has a cute voice, and the video is adorable!  

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@The Dark Huntress said:
" Zombie by The Cranberries - 10/10. Amazing music, amazing lyrics, amazing video with a real message. Plus I'm related to Dolores O'Riordan. ^___^ "
:-O This is one of my all time favorite songs. How are you related??
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Cable & Deadpool #30. 

7.5/10 Deadpool wisecracks, kicks ass and entertains the masses.