Rate the Debaters

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#251  Edited By Super-Buster

I've checked everything that shows up on your recent history.

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By MotorSteel
Super-Buster said:
"I've checked everything that shows up on your recent history."
O I C
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Swagga Boy

WHAT ABOUT MEEE!

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Super-Buster
Swagga Boy said:
"WHAT ABOUT MEEE!"
You're on my list, but I don't think you'll like where.
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Swagga Boy

Its cool  I dont mind.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#256  Edited By Static Shock

I want to make an updated list, but I'm too lazy. And, I haven't been around as much lately to know who goes where. LOL.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#257  Edited By Forever
Super-Buster said:
"Not that I think you are a lier, but do you happen to know which thread Sling Shot displayed his skills? Post History doesn't work like it used to. 
Now that I think about, almost everyone I listed is good "depending on the thread." Dreadnaught is good when it comes to D&D or Lord of the Rings, Thousandhorse is good when it comes to real life combatants as demonstrated in the ninjas vs. samurai thread, Sparda is good when it comes to video games, Rdee is good with manga (not to say that any of these could not debate in any other genres but I believe these to be their best genres), Pania is good with history, Lexi has some great thoughts on social issues (though, I admit, I haven't seen her in a bona-fide debate, maybe I should take her out of the list), Heck, even Buckshot admits that his knowledge is shady in some areas and wisely sticks to the topics that he knows. Hmm... should I put "depending on the thread" next to all these listed?"

It's been a while but I'll see if I can track down something that clearly illustrates Sling Shot's logical skills.  I suffer from the same problem you do, with the site change, in finding old posts but I'll see if I can find one.

I wouldn't say that knowledge of a subject matter is quite as important as it seems.  If one still holds to logic and still incorporates their debate skill then they will still demonstrate their ability.  I have contributed to debates where I had the other person fill me on on the powers of one of the combatants and was still able to show them flaws in their logic in determining who the winner would be.  Buckshot doesn't know everyone but he goes into each debate with the same mind set.  He looks up characters he does not know, draws information from others in the debate to fill in any gaps in his knowledge, and uses reason to then determine the likely victor.  Most other good debaters act similarly.  Gambler being one of my favorites and an obvious example.  Some times he will come in lacking knowledge of one or both sides of the debate but he quickly adjusts his decisions based on the information gathered in the thread and gives a convincing argument for the side he determines is the winner.

Some need to have "depending on the thread" because they do not apply the same depth of thought to characters they do not have an already strong understanding or knowledge of.  If it is one of their pet characters then they can rival the better debates, but if it is someone they do not know, they dont go the extra step to learn more before they post, are often resistant to change their opinions even when strong evidence is presented, and do very little to further the debate with any insightful posts.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Forever
Super-Buster said:
"I've checked everything that shows up on your recent history."

If you were to see his earliest posts I think you would put him at a three.  He came in with a bug against anime characters, particularly DragonBall characters and really displayed some skill in those earlier debates.  Just looking at them he might have rated a four but it is hard to determine whether that is because it was pure skill or just that he had been arguing the topic so long, he had an arsenal built up.  I am here sporadically but have not seen anything lately from him that would reach the level of his earliest posts.
Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Super-Buster
Super-Buster said:
5: Pania, Buckshot, The_Creator, Forever

5ish: Valkaad, Gambler

4: Static Shock, Apparition, Methos, Ms. Invisible, BatgirlBabs, Alexander Anderson, Sync, Dreadnaught (depending on the thread), Thousandhorse, Sparda, Rdeegvainl

3: King Saturn, Gottheit, dormath, Slinger, Sling Shot, Nobody, zee crusher, Eternal Chaos, Vance Astro, Alpha, Logic Mark III, One-Above-You, Zoom, erik, Obi Wan Kenobi!, 

2: Legendary Bio Vishanti, eganthevile1, Brainiac1.0, POHOCOM, Hedatary, Under Dog, Perfect Cell, the human Juggernaut, Exusiai, Kimikirai, lordraiden, DEADPOOL, MotorSteel

1: Weather Witch, Lantern Prime, ALEN, ultimateninjagaidenx, Rapist, SeSaw, Iboy, Swagga Boy

Again, sorry if you didn't get the spot you think you deserved, this is my opinion and it is subject to change. I tried to include everyone I remember, if you weren't mentioned, feel free to let me know and I will look up a few of your debates and place you.

Sadly, it doesn't seem like we're getting very many quality debaters added to this site. Maybe I'm just biased towards who we already have, maybe I just now realized how many... non-quality debaters we have here all along.
"
I forgot Akira Overdrive, the_haunter, and Switch all at 4 making edit now If you're curious as to why, look up either the samurai vs. ninjas thread or the knight vs. samurai thread, lots of solid debaters in those two.
@Forever: Ah, I think I see what you're talking about. I think I may have confused debating skill with knowledge. If someone comes in a thread and spouts fact upon fact about their chosen character and makes a great big post people tend to side with that post no matter how much logic is in that post. The clearest example of this I can think of was in the Master Chief vs. Midnighter thread when LM III had come in with a great, huge post displaying all these facts and scans and what-not. Buckshot promptly took his argument apart piece by piece using greater logic. After that exchange the users were split, some thought LMIII won because his post was bigger and contained more knowledge but to anyone who could read clearly with an open mind, the winner was obviously Buckshot because of his skill and logic. Similarly, though the_creator often comes in like some kind of virtual hand of God with his overwhelming knowledge and flowing golden locks (is it so hard to imagine?) I believe Buckshot to be the more skilled debater if only because of their debate in the Dr. Light vs. Dr. Doom thread. However, it is also true that some users don't really apply themselves in a debate unless it involves a character or characters that they care about so we end up seeing substandard debating skills when really, they just don't care, like you said. I believe Dreadnaught to be one of those users. I don't know if any others fit into that category though, maybe Vance.

Unfortunately I can't give MotorSteel or Sling Shot a higher rating until I actually see these debates. Maybe someone can remember the title/s of the thread/s and tell me but until then I won't change them.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By Forever
Super-Buster said:
"
@Forever: Ah, I think I see what you're talking about. I think I may have confused debating skill with knowledge. If someone comes in a thread and spouts fact upon fact about their chosen character and makes a great big post people tend to side with that post no matter how much logic is in that post. The clearest example of this I can think of was in the Master Chief vs. Midnighter thread when LM III had come in with a great, huge post displaying all these facts and scans and what-not. Buckshot promptly took his argument apart piece by piece using greater logic. After that exchange the users were split, some thought LMIII won because his post was bigger and contained more knowledge but to anyone who could read clearly with an open mind, the winner was obviously Buckshot because of his skill and logic. Similarly, though the_creator often comes in like some kind of virtual hand of God with his overwhelming knowledge and flowing golden locks (is it so hard to imagine?) I believe Buckshot to be the more skilled debater if only because of their debate in the Dr. Light vs. Dr. Doom thread. However, it is also true that some users don't really apply themselves in a debate unless it involves a character or characters that they care about so we end up seeing substandard debating skills when really, they just don't care, like you said. I believe Dreadnaught to be one of those users. I don't know if any others fit into that category though, maybe Vance.

Unfortunately I can't give MotorSteel or Sling Shot a higher rating until I actually see these debates. Maybe someone can remember the title/s of the thread/s and tell me but until then I won't change them.
"

That was an excellent example of exactly what I am talking about.  I will see if I can find something for both of them, or at least for Sling Shot.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By the creator
Super-Buster said:
Similarly, though the_creator often comes in like some kind of virtual hand of God with his overwhelming knowledge and flowing golden locks (is it so hard to imagine?) "
Damn!
Is that how you see me ?
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By oldmagic
......wonders to himself what he would be rated as. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#264  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
oldmagic said:
"......wonders to himself what he would be rated as. "
You haven't done enough yet.
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#265  Edited By Methos
the creator said:
"Super-Buster said:
Similarly, though the_creator often comes in like some kind of virtual hand of God with his overwhelming knowledge and flowing golden locks (is it so hard to imagine?) "
Damn!
Is that how you see me ?"

nope lol

M
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Ego

rating debaters on what? comics? anime?

fanatics don't count, right? good. because bais~ism are not considered debating.   good debating is when two ears and eyes are open and you open your mind to many possibilities.

none of this flaming bs.

pania is probably the best debater in straightforward debate, but she/he is at best debating about magneto

buckshot doesn't really debate. from what i see. he waits.. he's like a fisher man waiting for the fish to bite the hook. he's kinda like me. once he sees cheese. IN YO FACE! facts are right there. that's why alot of people rate him high. because he can smell that cheese and toss it in the same bucket with all the smelly fish.

gambler is alright. i don't see him in many debates due to my schedual i guess. i've only seen him recently and that was with the new sun gambit vs  blink thread. he's good. maybe all around, i don't know.

methos.. from what i see, loves to talk about tech stuff.. well not really tech but scientical related things like star trek and star wars and stuff. he uses alot of facts and alot of his opinons make alot of sense. he's not baiased from what i can tell. I saw him battle between that new guy who likes to talk about jesus and perfect cell in some magneto debate. who knows.. maybe he is a overall good debater with polotics, hersey bars. something.

perfect cell. can't tell if he's a dbz fanboy or not. makes alot of sense sometimes. sometimes he's just rambling. but i've also seen him in alot of unrelated dbz threads making good points and aaurguments.

erik seems pretty open minded. see him every once in while agreeing and disagreeing everynow and then. makes good points when he wants to.

Motor steal i've seen some strong arguments from him.

vance astro  i see this guy almost everyday. he's one of those annoying type keep on posting type of people. but he's not stupid. alot of things he's said are true, but he like to leave off some stuff which is kind of funny.

zee crusher just as vance. it's like a mirror battle everytime i see them face off. it's been awhile though.

hedatary. mainly an anime based debater. his knowledge for anime outweigh the comics. but i've seen him in action once or twice. dispite his lack within comics, he fishes just like buckshot waiting for that fish to bite. he likes to use turn around debating techniques which answers a question with a question just fishing for some opsies. from what i see, he hates dc though.

king saturn his debating style is waiting.. not like the fishermans, but more like a leach. normally his 1st post will be uncertain like "i think person A will win"... and then several post later from various people, he comes back... "intresting... now i think i'll pick this guy.." now.. i don't know weither they guy got bored of arguing or that he just loves to leach off other peoples opinion.

kimikari is kicking everyones ass in all his threads. the only one fighting him off is vance. i think the two don't like eachother. anyways, good points. nice arguments. loves to do the ceasar apporching debate. "right?" "i'm right,right?" and also love to quote  characters pretty well too.

bart simpson this guy is as mystierous as the new kid on the block. he only has 30 post.. but all of his post are all good ass aurguments! who the F is this guy?

tevnoda great poster overall. nice arguments nice at protecting his word.

one above you doesn't really debate. he's more lke a spy or something. waits for people to say the wrong thing and then say "ah ha! i caught you red handed" likes to ask alot of questions if he doesn't know anything above a particular thing.

the creator haven't seen much, but sources point to him being as good as pania.

victor von doom. trys to bee as sly as the original.. tricky bastard lol tricky people are deadly in debates.

mighty magneto love to aurgue uses wiki and other marvel magneto base sources.

pollo project this guy likes to take about jesus christ. good debateor overall as i witnessed him changing subject to subject like jesus vs a dinosar to wold war 2. likes to use the "you're silly" technique in debates.

if you didn't see your name that means i don't debate with you that much. fanatics don't count in my debates as debates.

Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Swagga Boy

who are you again?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By King_Saturn
@Ego - Are you trying to say I am wishy washy on who I pick in the Battle Threads ?
One-Above-All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By One-Above-All

5- Buckshot, The_Creator, Pania, Forever, Gambler, Methos, Super-Buster, Kimikirai, Zoom, Static Shock, Vance Astro (Sometimes)

4- Vance Astro, Tevnoba, King Saturn, Bart Simpson, Apparition, Nighthunter

3- Zee Crusher (varies), Ego, Hedatary (only on threads containing dbz characters), Perfect Cell, Motorsteel

2- SeSAW, Hedatary, Zee Crusher, Batosaims/Hal_Jordan1986

1- Lantern Prime, Ultimateninjagaidenx

I missed a lot of people, but this is my list for now.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#270  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I got a five? Good lookin out homeboy

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Methos
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"@Super Buster you have to agree though that the threads have been garbage lately though.Whenever my my explanation is lacking that is my way of saying I'm only responding to be nice because this thread is stupid.Usually if I call a curbstomp it either is or I end up having to prove it.If I cannot prove something my explanation will tell you if I actually care about the outcome.My only thing is when I am serious and actually trying to prove my point I think I am better than some people you put above me.Especially LexiCat..I have never even seen her debate and I have been here for 3 years.
I'm not trying to change your mind.It's your opinion.I just wanted to know where you were coming from.
"
3 years? Even I havent been here that long."

thats because the site hasn't been up for three years...

comicvine officially came online on December 11th 2006, and shockingly celebrated it's first birthday of December 11th 2007... so now it's August in 2008.... hmm, and you've been here 3 years Vance?

M
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Static Shock
Gambler said:
"I got a five? Good lookin out homeboy"

You've always been a 5, pimptight. Even on my last list.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Sparda
Static Shock said:
"Gambler said:
"I got a five? Good lookin out homeboy"

You've always been a 5, pimptight. Even on my last list."

This is way off-topic, but your avatar=WIN.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Forever
Static Shock said:
"

Update!

5 - Buckshot, Gambler, Forever, Pania, Methos, Creator

4 - Myself, Vance Astro, Apparition, King Saturn, BatgirlBabs, Ms. Invisible, Super-Buster, One-Above-All, Kain Echidna, Sparda (in certain threads), Alexander Anderson, Voidheart, Queen Kong, Sling Shot, Korg, Nighthunter

3 - Ball Buster, Alpha, Scarlet Thor, Perfect Cell, Zee Crusher

2 - Human Juggernaut, Speedlgt, Midnight Lantern

1 - Vendel, Ultimateninjagaidenx (There's no hope for these guys)

"
Nice list Static.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#275  Edited By Erik
"Vance Astro said:
"New Ratings..1-10  1=lowest and 10 =highest 5=average
1-SeSaw,Ball Buster,Batosaims,Swagga Boy,Weather Witch
2-Meteorite,Pixelized,
3-One-Above-You,Kimikrai,Theracles,Hedatary
4-Akira Overdrive,Supertrooper117,Zee Crusher,Mr.Wilson,Dreadnaught
5-King Saturn,Ferro Vida,T.J Magnum,TheDrifter,MotorSteel,Nighthunter,Warlock360
6-White Mage,Vance Astro,Nobody,Alpha,Scarlet Thor,Eternal Chaos
7-Static Shock
8-Fesak,Zoom
9-Gambler,Apparition,Forever
10-Buckshot,The Creator,Methos

I think this list is pretty good. I would give Vance a much better rating these days though. I would also probably give Buckshot a little lower as well.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Vrakmul

Wait I've been good before?  I thought my only skill was my ability to create a wall of text in seconds? 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Erik

I would also give Ego an eight.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Sparda
Static Shock said:
"

Update!

5 - Buckshot, Gambler, Forever, Pania, Methos, Creator

4 - Myself, Vance Astro, Apparition, King Saturn, BatgirlBabs, Ms. Invisible, Super-Buster, One-Above-All, Kain Echidna, Sparda (in certain threads), Alexander Anderson, Voidheart, Queen Kong, Sling Shot, Korg, Nighthunter

3 - Ball Buster, Alpha, Scarlet Thor, Perfect Cell, Zee Crusher

2 - Human Juggernaut, Speedlgt, Midnight Lantern

1 - Vendel, Ultimateninjagaidenx (There's no hope for these guys)

"

Thanks for the shout-out dude, though I would like to hear what kind of threads I'm better in, if you don't mind telling :)
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Erik

Wow. I am surprised I even made the list with a few people. Even though I am rated as average, for me that is a win.

Do not fear people of the vine, I will increase my skills further still and be your champion.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Forever
erik said:
"I think this list is pretty good. I would give Vance a much better rating these days though. I would also probably give Buckshot a little lower as well."
Why?
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Swagga Boy

I'm a good DebAter

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Vrakmul

In which threads have I been a good debater?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Static Shock
Sparda said:
"This is way off-topic, but your avatar=WIN."

Thanks. Sol Badguy = Pwnage.

Forever said:
"Nice list Static."

Thanks. I forgot to put SeSAW at number one, though...

Sparda said:
"Thanks for the shout-out dude, though I would like to hear what kind of threads I'm better in, if you don't mind telling :)"

No problem. The threads you specialize in are battle threads that area relative to video games (Sonic, Samus, Mega Man, Dante, etc.)

Avatar image for duke_checkmate_iii
Duke Checkmate III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

erik said:
"
"Vance Astro said:
2-Meteorite,Pixelized,
5-King Saturn,Ferro Vida,T.J Magnum,TheDrifter,MotorSteel,Nighthunter,Warlock360
7-Static Shock
8-Fesak,Zoom

I think this list is pretty good. I would give Vance a much better rating these days though. I would also probably give Buckshot a little lower as well."
I don't think so.I gave Buckshot,Creator and Methos a 10 because I have almost never been able to make a case strong enough to keep up with them.The other people I put above me...I feel I can compete with them..even prove somethings sometimes,but not be able to get match their skill and logic all the time.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Static Shock
Duke Checkmate III said:
"I don't think so.I gave Buckshot,Creator and Methos a 10 because I have almost never been able to make a case strong enough to keep up with them.The other people I put above me...I feel I can compete with them..even prove somethings sometimes,but not be able to get match their skill and logic all the time."
Had a feeling you were Vance.
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Swagga Boy

me a 1 thats crazy!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Erik

Hmmm.... What is the point of having multiple accounts?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Erik
Duke Checkmate III said:
"erik said:
"
"Vance Astro said:
2-Meteorite,Pixelized,
7-Static Shock
8-Fesak,Zoom

I think this list is pretty good. I would give Vance a much better rating these days though. I would also probably give Buckshot a little lower as well."
I don't think so.I gave Buckshot,Creator and Methos a 10 because I have almost never been able to make a case strong enough to keep up with them.The other people I put above me...I feel I can compete with them..even prove somethings sometimes,but not be able to get match their skill and logic all the time."
Hmmm... Maybe I only was giving you a better rating then because we have been in agreement lately. Lol.
Duke Checkmate III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

erik said:
"Hmmm.... What is the point of having multiple accounts?"
I'm going to use 2 for RP'ing,One for everything,One for when I post scans so I don't have a bunch of scans in my gallery,and one of my accounts is banned.
Epsilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Epsilon
Static Shock said:
"Sparda said:
"This is way off-topic, but your avatar=WIN."

Thanks. Sol Badguy = Pwnage."

Best character in Guilty Gear, easily!

Static Shock said:
"Sparda said:
"Thanks for the shout-out dude, though I would like to hear what kind of threads I'm better in, if you don't mind telling :)"

No problem. The threads you specialize in are battle threads that area relative to video games (Sonic, Samus, Mega Man, Dante, etc.)"

Thanks dude! I admit, I am more of a videogame person than a comics person.
Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Super-Buster
the creator said:
Damn!
Is that how you see me ?"
Sometimes.
@One-Above-All: If you don't mind me saying I think your list of 5s could be a little more exclusive, though I appreciate the rating.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By The_Ghostshell
5: Creator, Buckshot, Valkaad, Forever, Apparition, Sling Shot, Static Shock, Methos, Pania

4: King Saturn, Vance, Nighthunter Nobody, Buster

3: Andferne, Akira

No sense in going any lower then that. If you didn't make the cut step your game up.
Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Super-Buster

Dang, looks like I got some work to do.

Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By Light

me 2

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By The_Ghostshell

4s a good score

Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Swagga Boy

this thread seems like its based more on Popularity then actual debating skill.

Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By Light
Swagga Boy said:
"this thread seems like its based more on Popularity then actual debating skill."
well skill is how you get popular so.. yeah
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, nice popularity contest you have going on here

Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By Light
the human Juggernaut said:
"wow, nice popularity contest you have going on here"
you know you dont have to downrate the thread just bec. you dint get recognized the way you wanted or w.e. You can just not post
Duke Checkmate III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the human Juggernaut said:
"wow, nice popularity contest you have going on here"
Your a terrible debater so if you weren't mentioned you know why.