#201 Posted by Genocide 1X (28 posts) - - Show Bio

guys how do i tell if someone is an active user or not lol

#202 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hedatary said:
"whatever you say mate lol"
I gave you a 4...I was being nice."
psh...how many times have i proven you wrong AND beat you in a debate? huh? yepp XD
#203 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hedatary said:
psh...how many times have i proven you wrong AND beat you in a debate? huh? yepp XD"
#204 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

This conversation begins and ends with Buckshot

#205 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hedatary said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hedatary said:
psh...how many times have i proven you wrong AND beat you in a debate? huh? yepp XD"
0."
coughliecough
#206 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hedatary said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hedatary said:
0."
coughliecough"
Even if I was to agree you did..which you didn't it hasn't been enough times to say you are my equal or your above me.
#207 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

lol bro, relax. I don't care weather it's true. but, if you want an example, remember how i proved magical weapons could stand against Light sabers?....or were you King Saturn? i keep getting you two mixed up DAMMIT! XDD

#208 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"lol bro, relax. I don't care weather it's true. but, if you want an example, remember how i proved magical weapons could stand against Light sabers?....or were you King Saturn? i keep getting you two mixed up DAMMIT! XDD"
I don't remember debating anyone about what Lightsabers can do.I spam in Star Wars threads.I hate Star Wars.And BTW..I'm calm,i'm just saying...Your not a horrible debater but I have seen you win enough debates especially not against anyone a put on my level or above.
#209 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

how do you use thread search here? i gotta find the thread because i have no idea who it was i debated with.

#210 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"how do you use thread search here? i gotta find the thread because i have no idea who it was i debated with."
If you want to see what you posted in...click on post history.
#211 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

where is that?

#212 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Top left under where it says what forums this thread is in.

#213 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks

#214 Edited by One-Above-All (485 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Vance Astro said:
"New Ratings..1-10  1=lowest and 10 =highest 5=average
1-SeSaw,Ball Buster,Batosaims,Swagga Boy,Weather Witch
2-Meteorite,Pixelized,
3-One-Above-You,Kimikrai,Theracles,Hedatary
4-Akira Overdrive,Supertrooper117,Zee Crusher,Mr.Wilson,Dreadnaught
5-King Saturn,Ferro Vida,T.J Magnum,TheDrifter,MotorSteel,Nighthunter,Warlock360
6-White Mage,Vance Astro,Nobody,Alpha,Scarlet Thor,Eternal Chaos
7-Static Shock
8-Fesak,Zoom
9-Gambler,Apparition,Forever
10-Buckshot,The Creator,Methos

"
"
A three, that would put me....

Super-Buster said:
"

Sorry if this has been done before, I'm just curious. 5 point system:

1: Very Bad, seems to use profanity and personal attacks with little to no logic, the worst.

Somewhere over here

2: Needs Help, while not the worst, fanboyism is evident in their posts to an extent, also includes those who drop a name but not an argument.

3: Average, not bad, not good, just lukewarm.

4: Great: these people can move an argument along very well and while logic is prevalent in their posts, sometimes they aren't exactly backed up by evidence.

5: Elite: the elite have it all, they got the logic and the evidence and they rarely (if ever) lose a debate. best of the best.

Also, who do you think is the best and worst debater?

"
Godammit!
#215 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

nvm, i was talking about King. Not you.

#216 Posted by King Saturn (223980 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"nvm, i was talking about King. Not you."
About What ?
#217 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro said:

2-Meteorite,Pixelized,
5-King Saturn,Ferro Vida,T.J Magnum,TheDrifter,MotorSteel,Nighthunter,Warlock360
7-Static Shock
8-Fesak,Zoom
Vance, I think that Forever should really be at 10.
#218 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

Vance Astro said:

2-Meteorite,Pixelized,
7-Static Shock
8-Fesak,Zoom
Vance, I think that Forever should really be at 10."
Agreed
#219 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"what? i'm not in that list? XD lol"

Lol he put me on that list before you XD

#220 Posted by One-Above-All (485 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
6-Vance Astro
lol  You pompous bastard!
#221 Edited by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:

5: Pania, Buckshot, The_Creator, Forever

5ish: Valkaad. (Haven't personally seen him debate, so I can't be sure) Gambler (I really can't seem to place him, he is a step above the 4s, that's definite, he doesn't really belong with the 5s either.)

4:Static, Vance, App, Methos, Ms. Invisible BatgirlBabs, Alexander

3: Saturn, Gottheit, pixilized, dormath, Slinger, Nobody, zee, EC

2: Bio Vishanti, eganthevile1, Brainiac1.0, POHOCOM

1: Weather Witch, Lantern Prime, ALEN, ultimateninjagaidenx

Best: Pania

Worst: ultimateninjagaidenx

I'm sorry if you didn't get mentioned or didn't get the spot you think you deserved. This is just my opinion for now, and my opinion of your debating skills don't necessarily correspond to how much I respect you.
Post Edited:2008-04-23 22:57:53
Post Edited:2008-04-23 23:59:08
Post Edited:2008-04-29 09:39:08
Post Edited:2008-04-29 23:31:50

"
I think it's about time for an update.

5ish: Valkaad, Gambler

4: Static Shock, Apparition, Methos, Ms. Invisible, BatgirlBabs, Alexander Anderson, Sync, Dreadnaught (depending on the thread), Thousandhorse, Sparda, Rdeegvainl, Akira Overdrive, Switch, the_haunter

3: King Saturn, Gottheit, dormath, Slinger, Sling Shot, Nobody, zee crusher, Eternal Chaos, Vance Astro, Alpha, Logic Mark III, One-Above-You, Zoom, erik, Obi Wan Kenobi!, 

2: Legendary Bio Vishanti, eganthevile1, Brainiac1.0, POHOCOM, Hedatary, Under Dog, Perfect Cell, the human Juggernaut, Exusiai, Kimikirai, lordraiden, DEADPOOL, MotorSteel

1: Weather Witch, Lantern Prime, ALEN, ultimateninjagaidenx, Rapist, SeSaw, Iboy, Swagga Boy

Again, sorry if you didn't get the spot you think you deserved, this is my opinion and it is subject to change. I tried to include everyone I remember, if you weren't mentioned, feel free to let me know and I will look up a few of your debates and place you.

Sadly, it doesn't seem like we're getting very many quality debaters added to this site. Maybe I'm just biased towards who we already have, maybe I just now realized how many... non-quality debaters we have here all along.
#222 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperBuster....LexiCat,Dreadnaught,Sparda,and Alexander Anderson are above me? And who the hell is Thousandhorse?

Gambler said:
"the creator said:
"

Vance Astro said:

2-Meteorite,Pixelized,
7-Static Shock
8-Fesak,Zoom
Vance, I think that Forever should really be at 10."
Agreed"
Everything else is ok though?
#223 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"I think it's about time for an update.

4: Static Shock, LexiCat, Apparition, Methos, Ms. Invisible, BatgirlBabs, Alexander Anderson, Sync, Dreadnaught (depending on the thread), Thousandhorse, Sparda, Rdeegvainl

3: King Saturn, Gottheit, dormath, Slinger, Sling Shot, Nobody, zee crusher, Eternal Chaos, Vance Astro, Alpha, Logic Mark III, One-Above-You, Zoom, erik, Obi Wan Kenobi!, 

2: Legendary Bio Vishanti, eganthevile1, Brainiac1.0, POHOCOM, Hedatary, Under Dog, Perfect Cell, the human Juggernaut, Exusiai, Kimikirai, lordraiden, DEADPOOL

1: Weather Witch, Lantern Prime, ALEN, ultimateninjagaidenx, Rapist, SeSaw, Iboy, Swagga Boy

Again, sorry if you didn't get the spot you think you deserved, this is my opinion and it is subject to change. I tried to include everyone I remember, if you weren't mentioned, feel free to let me know and I will look up a few of your debates and place you.

Sadly, it doesn't seem like we're getting very many quality debaters added to this site. Maybe I'm just biased towards who we already have, maybe I just now realized how many... non-quality debaters we have here all along.
"

Very comprehensive list.  Though if you are going to put Dreadnaught as a 4 (depending on the thread), then you should make Sling Shot a 4 (depending on the thread).  He doesn't always bring it, but when he does... he brings it.
#224 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT!?

#225 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you find so shocking?

#226 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"

"
LexiCat,Deadnaught,and Alexander Anderson is above Me,Nobody,and Alpha
#227 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Forever said:
"

"
LexiCat,Deadnaught,and Alexander Anderson is above Me,Nobody,and Alpha"

I dont know much about LexiCat's debating, Dreadnaught is actually pretty good when she concentrates, Alexander Anderson is usually pretty good himself, you are up and down though constantly certain that you are right (which tends to come off badly when you are definitely wrong yet you still cling to your belief with no regard to logic), Nobody is good when he knows the characters and Alpha is good, when he knows the characters.  Removing Lexi because of my lack of certainty on her skill, I would put Anderson first, you and Dreadnaught next with the others fairly close behind.
#228 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Ima put Zee Crusher in here, as an "A" for effort.

#229 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Forever said:
"

"
LexiCat,Deadnaught,and Alexander Anderson is above Me,Nobody,and Alpha"

I dont know much about LexiCat's debating, Dreadnaught is actually pretty good when she concentrates, Alexander Anderson is usually pretty good himself, you are up and down though constantly certain that you are right (which tends to come off badly when you are definitely wrong yet you still cling to your belief with no regard to logic), Nobody is good when he knows the characters and Alpha is good, when he knows the characters.  Removing Lexi because of my lack of certainty on her skill, I would put Anderson first, you and Dreadnaught next with the others fairly close behind."
What debates has Alexander Anderson won?
#230 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"What debates has Alexander Anderson won?"

Winning and losing dont determine how good of a debater you are.  Skill is what determines it.  With skill you should win more but not necessarily.  There are lots of debates that Anderson was involved with that maybe he just tagged on to a Buckshot win or a Creator win.  I've chosen the losing character in debates with Buckshot but neither of us lost the debate, because we're both skilled debators who were wringing the most out of the battle to look at all of the different aspects.  Super Buster probably has a worse won/loss record than you have but you should be able to tell that he is a very skilled debater.
#231 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Swagga Boy said:
"Hedatary said:

"
I gave you a 1...that is the lowest.
#232 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Swagga Boy said:
"Hedatary said:

"
I gave you a 1...that is the lowest."

No matter  :)
#233 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (844 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"Vance Astro said:
"What debates has Alexander Anderson won?"

Winning and losing dont determine how good of a debater you are.  Skill is what determines it.  With skill you should win more but not necessarily.  There are lots of debates that Anderson was involved with that maybe he just tagged on to a Buckshot win or a Creator win.  I've chosen the losing character in debates with Buckshot but neither of us lost the debate, because we're both skilled debators who were wringing the most out of the battle to look at all of the different aspects.  Super Buster probably has a worse won/loss record than you have but you should be able to tell that he is a very skilled debater."
Well said
#234 Posted by TheJigsaw (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry wrong thread.

#235 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"Super-Buster said:
"I think it's about time for an update.

4: Static Shock, LexiCat, Apparition, Methos, Ms. Invisible, BatgirlBabs, Alexander Anderson, Sync, Dreadnaught (depending on the thread), Thousandhorse, Sparda, Rdeegvainl

2: Legendary Bio Vishanti, eganthevile1, Brainiac1.0, POHOCOM, Hedatary, Under Dog, Perfect Cell, the human Juggernaut, Exusiai, Kimikirai, lordraiden, DEADPOOL

"

Very comprehensive list.  Though if you are going to put Dreadnaught as a 4 (depending on the thread), then you should make Sling Shot a 4 (depending on the thread).  He doesn't always bring it, but when he does... he brings it."
wow...are you saying that i'm a fanboy? who doesn't use his logic?
#236 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

You are

#237 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
Very comprehensive list.  Though if you are going to put Dreadnaught as a 4 (depending on the thread), then you should make Sling Shot a 4 (depending on the thread).  He doesn't always bring it, but when he does... he brings it."
Not that I think you are a lier, but do you happen to know which thread Sling Shot displayed his skills? Post History doesn't work like it used to. 
Now that I think about, almost everyone I listed is good "depending on the thread." Dreadnaught is good when it comes to D&D or Lord of the Rings, Thousandhorse is good when it comes to real life combatants as demonstrated in the ninjas vs. samurai thread, Sparda is good when it comes to video games, Rdee is good with manga (not to say that any of these could not debate in any other genres but I believe these to be their best genres), Pania is good with history, Lexi has some great thoughts on social issues (though, I admit, I haven't seen her in a bona-fide debate, maybe I should take her out of the list), Heck, even Buckshot admits that his knowledge is shady in some areas and wisely sticks to the topics that he knows. Hmm... should I put "depending on the thread" next to all these listed?

@Vance Astro: Lately, all I've seen from you are angry capital letters, dismissive "curbstomps", condescending "............."s and extremely short explanations. The only reason you're a 3 is because, usually, I agree with you. However, your debating skill could be better, each of my 4s have displayed more skill in their various fields. If it's any consolation I think you're better than most of my 3s.

@Hedatary: You use logic sparingly, that's why you're a 2 and not a 1.
#238 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super Buster you have to agree though that the threads have been garbage lately though.Whenever my my explanation is lacking that is my way of saying I'm only responding to be nice because this thread is stupid.Usually if I call a curbstomp it either is or I end up having to prove it.If I cannot prove something my explanation will tell you if I actually care about the outcome.My only thing is when I am serious and actually trying to prove my point I think I am better than some people you put above me.Especially LexiCat..I have never even seen her debate and I have been here for 3 years.

I'm not trying to change your mind.It's your opinion.I just wanted to know where you were coming from.
#239 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"@Super Buster you have to agree though that the threads have been garbage lately though.Whenever my my explanation is lacking that is my way of saying I'm only responding to be nice because this thread is stupid.Usually if I call a curbstomp it either is or I end up having to prove it.If I cannot prove something my explanation will tell you if I actually care about the outcome.My only thing is when I am serious and actually trying to prove my point I think I am better than some people you put above me.Especially LexiCat..I have never even seen her debate and I have been here for 3 years.
I'm not trying to change your mind.It's your opinion.I just wanted to know where you were coming from.
"
3 years? Even I havent been here that long.
#240 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

I use my logic sparingly?! whow....

#241 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"I use my logic sparingly?! whow...."
You do.It's ok.
#242 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hedatary said:
"I use my logic sparingly?! whow...."
You do.It's ok."
uh huh
#243 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"@Super Buster you have to agree though that the threads have been garbage lately though.Whenever my my explanation is lacking that is my way of saying I'm only responding to be nice because this thread is stupid.Usually if I call a curbstomp it either is or I end up having to prove it.If I cannot prove something my explanation will tell you if I actually care about the outcome.My only thing is when I am serious and actually trying to prove my point I think I am better than some people you put above me.Especially LexiCat..I have never even seen her debate and I have been here for 3 years.
"
3 years? Even I havent been here that long."
I meant 2.I been here since '06 I think.
#244 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"
Sure, I can agree with that. Maybe one of these days you'll get in a good debate and remind me why I gave you a 4 before.
On Lexi, she doesn't do battle debates and I haven't really seen her argue with someone, but in certain threads where she let's her opinion be known she backs up her opinion with awesome logic. I'm debating whether to take her off the list entirely since, technically, what she does isn't debating so much as...opinion stating. I have a feeling that if someone actually argued against her posts that she would display some skill but I think she's too nice for anyone to do that to her. I'm taking her off the list for now...
#245 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Sure, I can agree with that. Maybe one of these days you'll get in a good debate and remind me why I gave you a 4 before.
On Lexi, she doesn't do battle debates and I haven't really seen her argue with someone, but in certain threads where she let's her opinion be known she backs up her opinion with awesome logic. I'm debating whether to take her off the list entirely since, technically, what she does isn't debating so much as...opinion stating. I have a feeling that if someone actually argued against her posts that she would display some skill but I think she's too nice for anyone to do that to her. I'm taking her off the list for now...
"
Oh ok.I was just wondering what your reasoning was.
#246 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Super-Buster said:

5ish: Valkaad. (Haven't personally seen him debate, so I can't be sure) Gambler (I really can't seem to place him, he is a step above the 4s, that's definite, he doesn't really belong with the 5s either.)

4:Static, Vance, App, Methos, Ms. Invisible BatgirlBabs, Alexander

3: Saturn, Gottheit, pixilized, dormath, Slinger, Nobody, zee, EC

2: Bio Vishanti, eganthevile1, Brainiac1.0, POHOCOM

1: Weather Witch, Lantern Prime, ALEN, ultimateninjagaidenx

Best: Pania

Worst: ultimateninjagaidenx

I'm sorry if you didn't get mentioned or didn't get the spot you think you deserved. This is just my opinion for now, and my opinion of your debating skills don't necessarily correspond to how much I respect you.
Post Edited:2008-04-23 22:57:53
Post Edited:2008-04-23 23:59:08
Post Edited:2008-04-29 09:39:08
Post Edited:2008-04-29 23:31:50

"
I think it's about time for an update.

4: Static Shock, Apparition, Methos, Ms. Invisible, BatgirlBabs, Alexander Anderson, Sync, Dreadnaught (depending on the thread), Thousandhorse, Sparda, Rdeegvainl

"
Buster, where would I fit on your list?

We don't have a history do we?
#247 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry Motor, if you can tell me which threads you've debated in I'll look them up and place you somewhere, guaranteed.

#248 Edited by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"I'm sorry Motor, if you can tell me which threads you've debated in I'll look them up and place you somewhere, guaranteed."
Well, you can start now. You can just see them as I post. =P
#249 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... from what I can tell you're a 2 for now. You just don't go very far in depth. However, it looks like you're learning so I'll probably change it farther down the line. I'm sorry if you think you deserve better, I by no means have the final say in how good a debater is but if you have a thread in which you feel you did a particularly good job just let me know which one so I can get a better grasp of your abilities.

#250 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Hmm... from what I can tell you're a 2 for now. You just don't go very far in depth. However, it looks like you're learning so I'll probably change it farther down the line. I'm sorry if you think you deserve better, I by no means have the final say in how good a debater is but if you have a thread in which you feel you did a particularly good job just let me know which one so I can get a better grasp of your abilities."
How many have you checked?