#101 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Hence the fact that no one has rated me let me be the first to say, at times im crap and at times i can turn the tide on my behalf... but mostly crap :P

#102 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Good point. And believe or not I agreed with him on a couple battles. Like Unicron vs Gambit. Gambit Wins"

Without looking deeply into it, I would agree with you. I'd have to look Unicorn up to fill in some blanks in my memory before I made a concrete decision though.

#103 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"That an the fact he seemed to think "New Sun Gambit" and "Regular Gambit" where interchangeable."
Which could in fact go to the language barrier. He could have believed that characters are taken at their optimum or that was the last level he read Gambit at and thought us ignorant for thinking Gambit was below those levels. I dont know if EC or anyone else explained that to him in spanish so it's hard to say how much of a fanboy he truly was."

I made several attempts at explaining it to him, both in threads and in Private Messages, however it seemed as though he was unable to understand what was being said. I repeated to him the same facts over and over again however its as though he didn't believe me period. He kept repeating that Gambit would win despite the fact that I told him multiple times we weren't using New Sun.

#104 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh I think I might just be a 2 or 3 on this scale... x_X

Me is really the only person I could rightfully rate...so I unrightfully rate Buckshot and Pania as 5 and Methos as 4 or 4.5... ;)

/CG

#105 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"Forever says:
"I think it was more the language barrier than anything else, that caused the problems with him."
I'm inclined to agree with you. The fact that he didn't exactly understand english was a bit of an issue, however I tried explaining the points that were being developed to him in Spanish but my efforts were in vain because he continued his ideas that Gambit would win."

Well of course, Gambit could beat Silver Surfer, Galactus, the entire Celestial Host, Superman, Superman Prime, Optimus Prime, Optimal Optimus, every Optometrist, Rogue's Gynocologist, every Gastroenterologist, the entire populations of Sodom and Gammorah, Gamora, Gammera, Godzilla, Ultra Man, the Big Show, really big guy, the tallest Nebraskan, Ms. New Jersey, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, Sodam Yat, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, the Guardians of the Universe, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Galactic Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, Otto from Simpsons, the Simpson family, the Griffin family, a Griffin, a Gelatinous Cube, a Golem, Gollum, Bilbo Baggins, Frodo Baggins, all the little Baggins', Gandalf, the Lich King, Sauron, a Tyrannosaur, the 7 enemies of man, the 6 black riders, 5 golden rings, 4 humming birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree... all at once and with one hand tied behind his back.

#106 Posted by Amon Sanders (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Forever says:
"I think it was more the language barrier than anything else, that caused the problems with him."
I'm inclined to agree with you. The fact that he didn't exactly understand english was a bit of an issue, however I tried explaining the points that were being developed to him in Spanish but my efforts were in vain because he continued his ideas that Gambit would win."
Well of course, Gambit could beat Silver Surfer, Galactus, the entire Celestial Host, Superman, Superman Prime, Optimus Prime, Optimal Optimus, every Optometrist, Rogue's Gynocologist, every Gastroenterologist, the entire populations of Sodom and Gammorah, Gamora, Gammera, Godzilla, Ultra Man, the Big Show, really big guy, the tallest Nebraskan, Ms. New Jersey, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, Sodam Yat, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, the Guardians of the Universe, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Galactic Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, Otto from Simpsons, the Simpson family, the Griffin family, a Griffin, a Gelatinous Cube, a Golem, Gollum, Bilbo Baggins, Frodo Baggins, all the little Baggins', Gandalf, the Lich King, Sauron, a Tyrannosaur, the 7 enemies of man, the 6 black riders, 5 golden rings, 4 humming birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree... all at once and with one hand tied behind his back."

You forgot Orvell Redenbocker and The Muffin Man."

OMG...talk about exaggeration... :P

/CG

#107 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Forever says:
Well of course, Gambit could beat Silver Surfer, Galactus, the entire Celestial Host, Superman, Superman Prime, Optimus Prime, Optimal Optimus, every Optometrist, Rogue's Gynocologist, every Gastroenterologist, the entire populations of Sodom and Gammorah, Gamora, Gammera, Godzilla, Ultra Man, the Big Show, really big guy, the tallest Nebraskan, Ms. New Jersey, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, Sodam Yat, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, the Guardians of the Universe, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Galactic Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, Otto from Simpsons, the Simpson family, the Griffin family, a Griffin, a Gelatinous Cube, a Golem, Gollum, Bilbo Baggins, Frodo Baggins, all the little Baggins', Gandalf, the Lich King, Sauron, a Tyrannosaur, the 7 enemies of man, the 6 black riders, 5 golden rings, 4 humming birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree... all at once and with one hand tied behind his back."

You forgot Orvell Redenbocker and The Muffin Man.

#108 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Amon Sanders says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Forever says:
OMG...talk about exaggeration... :P /CG"

Nah, I'd put that just about right.

#109 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"You forgot Orvell Redenbocker and The Muffin Man."

Please. He couldnt even catch the Muffin Man. Oh wait, that's the Gingerbread Man. Nevermind, I guess Gambit has this all sewn up.

#110 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty much the best debater on the vine as long as no one interferes with my intrusions of manipulating feeble minded Users to my behalf!!!

... to bad that happens all the time :(

#111 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read the Magnet/Batman (Pania/Buckshot) debate and it was pretty good, to bad they weren't actually saying who would win and it was so short.

#112 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Victor von Doom says:

"I'm pretty much the best debater on the vine as long as no one interferes with my intrusions of manipulating feeble minded Users to my behalf!!! ... to bad that happens all the time :("

It's a tragedy.

Super-Buster says:

"I just read the Magnet/Batman (Pania/Buckshot) debate and it was pretty good, to bad they weren't actually saying who would win and it was so short."

They're both excellent. But usually who would win isnt as interesting as questions, usually about powers, that crop up during a debate.

#113 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"They're both excellent. But usually who would win isnt as interesting as questions, usually about powers, that crop up during a debate."

I believe "Who would win?" could be just as interesting (Gambler & Buck had a debate on who would win between Cyclops & Gambit, and its actually one of the best debates I've ever seen), more often than not though, "Who would win?" discussions are plagued by personal opinions (and fanboys) and questions are generally simpler with little to no bias. I just get frustrated when threads go off on a tangent sometimes.

PS. I heard that you're actually one of the better debaters, is there a particular thread where you showed your skills?

#114 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"You forgot Orvell Redenbocker and The Muffin Man."
Please. He couldnt even catch the Muffin Man. Oh wait, that's the Gingerbread Man. Nevermind, I guess Gambit has this all sewn up."

Exactly. But I'm sure Gambit can take out the Gingerbread Man too.

#115 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"They're both excellent. But usually who would win isnt as interesting as questions, usually about powers, that crop up during a debate."

And that is why, if I made a list, you'd be a 6.

#116 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"PS. I heard that you're actually one of the better debaters, is there a particular thread where you showed your skills?"

Look for the Cyborg Superman vs Apocalypse. It was a while back, but that's one of my favorites.

#117 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I been missing alot of debates but from my findings

the 5 category goes to; Buck, the Creator, Forever.

As far as I can recall, according to this threads standards. I might have added myself but I often don't fully engtage in debates like I use to a year or so ago. Finding it often consuming and redundant.

But a debate with individuals on level 4 or 5 are usually worth it. Unless it is a rehash of undisclosed debates stubbornly defended with no new evidence, which is common as well.

#118 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Super-Buster says:
"PS. I heard that you're actually one of the better debaters, is there a particular thread where you showed your skills?"

Look for the Cyborg Superman vs Apocalypse. It was a while back, but that's one of my favorites."

Thanks.

#119 Posted by Vrakmul (23423 posts) - - Show Bio

Amon Sanders says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Forever says:

OMG...talk about exaggeration... :P

/CG"

Oh don't forget Demogorgon.

#120 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Super-Buster says:
" PS. I heard that you're actually one of the better debaters, is there a particular thread where you showed your skills?"
Look for the Cyborg Superman vs Apocalypse. It was a while back, but that's one of my favorites."

That was a Marvel vs DC thread by Sparda. I think it was round 1 or 2.

#121 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Amon Sanders says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Forever says:
Oh don't forget Demogorgon. "
I didn't want to go so obscure that Gambit wouldn't know who's a$$ he was beating. "

We forgot somebody...

#122 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Amon Sanders says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Forever says:
Oh don't forget Demogorgon. "

I didn't want to go so obscure that Gambit wouldn't know who's a$$ he was beating.

#123 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Kain Echnida says:

"Buckshot says:
"Super-Buster says:
" PS. I heard that you're actually one of the better debaters, is there a particular thread where you showed your skills?"

That was a Marvel vs DC thread by Sparda. I think it was round 1 or 2."

Lmao, I was searching for an hour looking for "Cyborg Superman vs. Apocalypse" before I finally saw this post. It wasn't an entirely wasted effort however.

#124 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"And that is why, if I made a list, you'd be a 6. "

The same for you my friend.

#125 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

based upon Forever's impression of me I'll give myself a 3.7 - 4.0

#126 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

5 - Buckshot, Forever, Apparition

4.5 - Methos

I know it's a very short list, but it's the thought that counts.

#127 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"based upon Forever's impression of me I'll give myself a 3.7 - 4.0"

4.0 should be the bottom number.

The_Creator says:

"5 - Buckshot, Forever, Apparition 4.5 - Methos I know it's a very short list, but it's the thought that counts. "

Thank you my friend. It is the thought that counts and you know youre among the best on my list as well, and like yours it would be a very short list.

#128 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot-4.5

#129 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

My dude Gambler. Is. A. Cold. Piece.

#130 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"My dude Gambler. Is. A. Cold. Piece. "

...........What does that mean?!

#131 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Charmcaster says:

"Sling Shot says:

...........What does that mean?!"

How do I say this in white girl.......like I'm totally radical man lol

#132 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Charmcaster says:
"Sling Shot says:
...........What does that mean?!"
How do I say this in white girl.......like I'm totally radical man lol"

Ohhhh, why didn't he just say that? :p

#133 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I'm glad you said it and not me.

#134 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"Apparition says:
i cant remember. but you could just go to their accounts and check their forum posts. go back aways cause they all debated more a good while ago."
Um, I actually tried that with Forever and figured out I'd have to shift through 400+ pages for the good battles. Maybe another day when I have more patience. However, I realized that I was confusing Forever with Nobody, I'll edit it now. PS. How do you spell Creator's account? is there an underscore?"

The_Creator.

#135 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grandmasters: Buckshot, Gambler, The_Creator, Forever.

There are quite a few very strong debaters here, but those four stand out consistently.

#136 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexander Anderson says:

"The Grandmasters: Buckshot, Gambler, The_Creator, Forever. There are quite a few very strong debaters here, but those four stand out consistently."

Your not too shabby yourself.

You consistently put over strong arguments in the battles forum.

#137 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
"The Grandmasters: Buckshot, Gambler, The_Creator, Forever. There are quite a few very strong debaters here, but those four stand out consistently."

Your not too shabby yourself.

You consistently put over strong arguments in the battles forum.

"

Thanks! :)

#138 Posted by Thousandhorse (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh, there are debates here too? Point me to that. Silly me, I was acting under the belief that debate consisted of deliberation and consideration. All I've seen so far is people telling other people that their opinions are wrong. Fair and Balanced, the most trusted name in comic book news and as always we're looking out for you. Keep your comments pithy. haha. Hmmm...how many commenters will take a shot at this one?

#139 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Thousandhorse says:

"Oooh, there are debates here too? Point me to that. Silly me, I was acting under the belief that debate consisted of deliberation and consideration. All I've seen so far is people telling other people that their opinions are wrong. Fair and Balanced, the most trusted name in comic book news and as always we're looking out for you. Keep your comments pithy. haha. Hmmm...how many commenters will take a shot at this one?"

I will.

Debating: A formal method of interactive and position representational argument. Debate is a broader form of argument than logical argument, since it includes persuasion which appeals to the emotional responses of an audience, and rules enabling people to discuss and decide on differences, within a framework defining how they will interact. Informal debate is a common occurrence, but the quality and depth of a debate improves with knowledge and skill of its participants as debaters.

On the Vine, most people post their own thoughts about who will or won't win a battle but quite a few of the posters are willing to entertain discussions on their postings. If the argument is rational then some of these people will also change their view point.

However, there are also a minority of people who will not enter in to discussions and will not listen to rational arguments. These people are not debating but stating what they beleive to be facts.

Could things be better? Sure they could.

Could things be worse? Sure they could.

Only be educating the masses and encouraging people are things going to change and this change won't happen overnight.

You sound like you may have had a bad experience on the vine. My recommendation to you is to keep persevering and don't let the idiots spoil it for you.

#140 Posted by Thousandhorse (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the words of encouragement, friend. Im just here to feed my inner nerd as he's been starving. I don't let the tempers portrayed in 8 pt lettering on a screen I can turn off ruin my fun. That would be sad if I did, at which point I would need a hug. Stay tuned and keep that hug ready. haha

#141 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Thousandhorse says:
"Oooh, there are debates here too? Point me to that. Silly me, I was acting under the belief that debate consisted of deliberation and consideration. All I've seen so far is people telling other people that their opinions are wrong. Fair and Balanced, the most trusted name in comic book news and as always we're looking out for you. Keep your comments pithy. haha. Hmmm...how many commenters will take a shot at this one?"

I will.

Debating: A formal method of interactive and position representational argument. Debate is a broader form of argument than logical argument, since it includes persuasion which appeals to the emotional responses of an audience, and rules enabling people to discuss and decide on differences, within a framework defining how they will interact. Informal debate is a common occurrence, but the quality and depth of a debate improves with knowledge and skill of its participants as debaters.

On the Vine, most people post their own thoughts about who will or won't win a battle but quite a few of the posters are willing to entertain discussions on their postings. If the argument is rational then some of these people will also change their view point.

However, there are also a minority of people who will not enter in to discussions and will not listen to rational arguments. These people are not debating but stating what they beleive to be facts.

Only be educating the masses and encouraging people are things going to change and this change won't happen overnight.

You sound like you may have had a bad experience on the vine. My recommendation to you is to keep persevering and don't let the idiots spoil it for you.

"

Nice post man.

#142 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, The_Creator just got boosted to 5 for me.

#143 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"Okay, The_Creator just got boosted to 5 for me."

Thanks. What tipped the balance ?

#144 Posted by P.I.R.A.T.E. (171 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Thousandhorse says:

I will.

"

I reckon this is why :P
#145 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
Your not too shabby yourself. You consistently put over strong arguments in the battles forum. "

I have to second this Alex. Youre quite good.

Super-Buster says:

I'm glad youre giving him his due.

#146 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

okay i havent seen much battle debates hell probably aint seen none. but when it comes to history i love to take part also when it comes to wars or politics. here is my list i guess for it is really short but sorry dont do much debating.

Pania 5 but i think she is more worth a 7 or so.

pixel 4

gambler 4

vance 4 or 4.5

myself gonna go with a 2 or so b/c most of my debates are more of my own opinion really not really based on facts at all except when it comes to war b/c im pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the marine corp but still some of my knowledge comes directly from the corp so its probably more of my ignorance and faith and love for the corp.also alot of my info comes from a vietnam vet that is very open about his time served so i take what he says to be the truth no matter what the history book says he was there and bleed for his info so i will defend it till im blue in the face.

when it comes to politics i suck but once again i stick to my beliefs and the faith and love for my country. so basically i am a ignorant mother F'er but hell i dont really care i get by lmao.

#147 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you need to meet more people or read some more debate threads :)

#148 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Super-Buster says:

Thanks. What tipped the balance ?

"

I've just been going through old arguments and so far you haven't made a post that didn't make sense and was extremely well educated.

It took me little bit longer to find Forever's arguments, but I think I'll put him at a 5 now as well.

Now the only supposedly good debater that I haven't researched yet is Valkaad...

I'm starting to rethink Gambler's position now as well (though it's not for the better) I have some edits to make!

#149 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to rate from 1-10...that seems more accurate to me.

Apparition-8.9

Methos-8.9

Buckshot-9.7

Gambler-9.6

Static Shock-9.0

Sling Shot-6.5

The Creator-9.6

Forever-9.5

King Saturn-5.4

Queen Kong-5.0

Alexander Anderson-5.5

Sparda-5.5

White Mage-6.0

Super-Buster-5.0

Pania-9.0

Zee Crusher-4.9

#150 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"*I'm going to rate from 1-10...that seems more accurate to me.*Apparition-8.9Methos-8.9Buckshot-9.7Gambler-9.6Static Shock-9.0Sling Shot-6.5The Creator-9.6Forever-9.5King Saturn-5.4Queen Kong-5.0Alexander Anderson-5.5Sparda-5.5White Mage-6.0Super-Buster-5.0Pania-9.0Zee Crusher-4.9"

Ouch Vance, you just insulted my thread and my debating skills in the same post.