• 99 results
#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Rap really sucks these days. Anybody agree it ain't what it used to be?

#2 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but I have never been particularly fond of Rap anyway.

#3 Edited by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the mainstream sucks, yeah. Underground goes strong as always though.
BB

#4 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

That white boy Eminem is getting sales, but mainly cuz he is white. 50 Cent is wayy better, Tupac era was the best tho.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

I agree. But, music is constantly changing, so it is what it is.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (225051 posts) - - Show Bio
Rap is Alive... it's just not like how it used to be. 
#7 Posted by SC (13341 posts) - - Show Bio

I find all mainstream music a bit to artificial and heartless for myself, but otherwise feel lucky given that there is more good music out there today than ever before, including the ease of access to old rap. Plus you have online communities now, I would think good rap is just asking around people and see what small time artists they listen to. Since another thing always worth remembering is that each generations music tends to suck when compared to the last. People tend to have an affinity to what they are exposed to as kids and teens and its also bonded to their personal experiences.       

#8 Posted by mikethekiller (8481 posts) - - Show Bio

Rap isn't dead it's just hibernating, if you know how dig then you can some really songs.

#9 Edited by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

That white boy Eminem is getting sales, but mainly cuz he is white. 50 Cent is wayy better, Tupac era was the best tho.

Even if Eminem were black he'd still sell way more than 50 cent. 50 Cent is a mediocre rapper with a bad rap name.

#10 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

@comicdude23 said:

Even if Eminem were black he'd still sell way more than 50 cent. 50 Cent is a mediocre rapper with a bad rap name.

He'd sell less and 50-Cent is way better.

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:

That white boy Eminem is getting sales, but mainly cuz he is white.

LOL....why u mad though??

Really, don't hate, Eminem is one of the most talented rappers of all time, color shouldn't matter, even if his material is repetitive, he deserves every dollar he has made.
#12 Edited by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Rap is Alive... it's just not like how it used to be.

True..

But the Days of Eric B & Rakim, Public Enemy etc etc imo was the Golden Age of Rap..

#13 Posted by TheCannon (19375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's more than just these days. It's always sucked.

#14 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

@comicdude23 said:

He'd sell less and 50-Cent is way better.

He'd have fewer sales numbers if he were black because he wouldn't have the novelty of "oh hey, a white rapper that doesn't suck like Vanilla Ice!", but he'd still sell more than 50 Cent considering his material is just better.

#15 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99 said:

Yes but I have never been particularly fond of Rap anyway.

#16 Edited by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

What BB said. There's still some kick-ass underground stuff. Mainstream's mostly crap, though.

#17 Posted by Bogey (967 posts) - - Show Bio

Hip hop just got passed to a newer generation of listeners. Doesn't mean it's dead, just not for you anymore.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as you avoid most of the rappers with L'il in their name you should be okay

#19 Posted by King Saturn (225051 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

As long as you avoid most of the rappers with L'il in their name you should be okay

truth 
#20 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

I disagree, rap always really sucked. There are a few exceptions, but overall it's always been crappy and mostly worthless and offensive noise.

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: That same thing has been said about pretty much every form of music at some point in time.

#22 Posted by Nefarious (22882 posts) - - Show Bio

Things change. People change. Get use to it. 

#23 Posted by Bogey (967 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of those golden age rappers that people missed are still rapping. Rakim, Kool G Rap, and KRS ONE still do there thing. When people say hip hop is dead, it just comes off as pretentious.

#24 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Mainstream Hip-Hop really sucks now, but Undergound Hip-Hop, as always, is a lot better.

#25 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW: your about ten years too late if you are just realizing it but yes mainstream is in fact dead.

#26 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (312 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Baby Triggy is a good rapper.

#27 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

It really does.

Dear old nicki, please come back!

#28 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

I disagree, rap always really sucked. There are a few exceptions, but overall it's always been crappy and mostly worthless and offensive noise.

Same can be said about all types of music.

I would also like to ask how it is offensive.

#29 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe: what does this little snot have to rap about? wet dreams? get out of here with that sh*t.

#30 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26848 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

LOl what?!! Eminem is on a different level then 50, 50 can't hold Em Jock trap he is not even worthy to do that.

@Billy Batson said:

BB

@ZombieBigfoot said:

What BB said. There's still some kick-ass underground stuff. Mainstream's mostly crap, though.

Agreed.

@TheCannon said:

Face/Palm

#31 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

LMAO. Both Eminem and 50 Cent are terrible. Rap was better 80's - Early 00.

#32 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26848 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@comicdude23 said:

LMAO. Both Eminem and 50 Cent are terrible. Rap was better 80's - Early 00.

XD

#33 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

Off the top of my head, because it demeans women, promotes and glamorizes violence and criminal lifestyles, and promotes negative stereotypes of blacks. Is that enough?

#34 Posted by superstay (10463 posts) - - Show Bio

Its on its last leg is what I would say dó¡òb

#35 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26848 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@YoungJustice said:

Off the top of my head, because it demeans women, promotes and glamorizes violence and criminal lifestyles, and promotes negative stereotypes of blacks. Is that enough?

Not all rap does these things Listen to guys Like Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco, and Telib Kweli.

#36 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

#37 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26848 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@dccomicsrule2011:

lol

#38 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe: what does this little snot have to rap about? wet dreams? get out of here with that sh*t.

LOL

#39 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@WillPayton said:

@YoungJustice said:

Not all rap does these things Listen to guys Like Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco, and Telib Kweli.

Whether all rap doesnt do it is irrelevant. Rap is well known for these things, and not unjustifiably so.

#40 Posted by Lex Diamonds (170 posts) - - Show Bio

That's like saying all Muslims may not be in the Taliban, but that's what they're known for. That my friend is called ignorance.

#41 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Tupac died on Sept 13 not 18 godammit!

#42 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

#43 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Boston rap is where it's at. Slaine, Termanology, Reks, etc. Slaine's putting together an album with all kinds of great Boston rappers.

#44 Posted by TheThe (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

This.

#45 Posted by _Araneae_ (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

This, I can agree with.

#46 Posted by pooty (11715 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Mainstream Hip-Hop really sucks now, but Undergound Hip-Hop, as always, is a lot better.

give some names of these underground rappers. I'm sick of these cats on the radio.

@WillPayton said:

@YoungJustice said:

this is so true. i never understood why someone would speak so badly of their own race

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@WillPayton said:

@YoungJustice said:

Those people are a minority. and none of those rappers sale many albums and none are "household" names. I'm willing to bet if you listed the top 20 best selling rap artist of all time, 15 of them do these things: demeans women, promotes and glamorizes violence and criminal lifestyles, and promotes negative stereotypes of blacks

@SpeedForceSpider: Rap was better 80's - Early 00

QFT

#47 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@WillPayton said:

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

All people who listen very little of rap, that slat it.

#48 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@comicdude23 said:

LOL....why u mad though?? Really, don't hate, Eminem is one of the most talented rappers of all time, color shouldn't matter, even if his material is repetitive, he deserves every dollar he has made.

Nah. Biggie, Tupac, etc are all better. 50-Cent is way better, he is cooler and has more style.

This is the real Eminem.

Crap rapper.

#49 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@comicdude23 said:

LOL....why u mad though?? Really, don't hate, Eminem is one of the most talented rappers of all time, color shouldn't matter, even if his material is repetitive, he deserves every dollar he has made.

Nah. Biggie, Tupac, etc are all better. 50-Cent is way better, he is cooler and has more style.

Thats funny, considering Eminem outsold all of them overall worldwide
#50 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@comicdude23 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@comicdude23 said:

Thats funny, considering Eminem outsold all of them overall worldwide

Biggest reason being because he was White.