• 51 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

This thread is brought to you by boredom.    
There's a total of 10 films in the two franchises.  It's your job to rank them from 1-10 (1 being favorite, 10 being least favorite). 

For example... 

1. Aliens 
  2. Predator 
  3. Alien 
  4. So on and so on 

Here are the films In case your memory is on sleep mode:
  • Alien 
  • Aliens 
  • Alien 3 
  • Alien: Resurrection 
  • Prometheus 
  • Predator 
  • Predator 2  
  • Predators 
  • AvP  
  • AvP: Requiem 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

I noticed that double post ;)

Um...do I get yelled at if the only one I've seen is Prometheus?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

Hmm... Tough one. I'll give it a thought and post here later again. But what I can tell you is that the Aliens franchise is going to rank higher since I like it more lol

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 65

#4  Edited By AssertingValor
  • Alien2
  • Aliens---3
  • Alien 3 -4
  • Alien: Resurrection?
  • Prometheus? can't remember
  • Predator1
  • Predator 26
  • Predators--5
  • AvP-7
  • AvP: Requiem8

Hard to remember them all

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xanni15
  1. Prometheus
  2. Predator
  3. Aliens
  4. Alien
  5. Predator 2
  6. AvP
  7. AvP: Requiem
  8. Predators
  9. Alien: Resurrection
  10. Alien 3
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@k4tzm4n said:

This thread is brought to you by boredom.
There's a total of 10 films in the two franchises. It's your job to rank them from 1-10 (1 being favorite, 10 being least favorite).

Here are the films In case your memory is on sleep mode:
  • Alien
  • Aliens
  • Alien 3
  • Alien: Resurrection
  • Prometheus
  • Predator
  • Predator 2
  • Predators
  • AvP
  • AvP: Requiem
  1. Aliens
  2. Alien
  3. Predator
  4. Alien 3
  5. Prometheus
  6. AVP
  7. Alien: Resurrection
  8. Predators
  9. AvP: Requiem
  10. Predator 2
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Mercy_ said:

haha I don't understand?? Prometheus without the others must have been the most lamest movie ever. Did you enjoy it?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magian

@Mercy_ said:

:O

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xanni15

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Mercy_ said:

haha I don't understand?? Prometheus without the others must have been the most lamest movie ever. Did you enjoy it?

Too much Matt Smith as the Doctor, no time for movies.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Mercy_ said:

I was dragged to it by my uncle who's the biggest Alien fanboy on Earth.

It was...um, entertaining? I have an issue with thriller movies that have huge lacks of common sense in them, though. Removing your helmet on an alien planet? DUMB. Elizabeth Shaw is fcking awesome, though.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Inverno
  • Alien: 7/10
  • Aliens: 8/10
  • Alien 3: Haven't seen it yet
  • Alien: Resurrection: 6/10
  • Prometheus: 7/10
  • Predator: 7/10
  • Predator 2: 8,5/10
  • Predators: 9/10
  • AvP: 6/10
  • AvP: Requiem: 1/10
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By jwalser3

• Alien7/10
  • Aliens10/10
  • Alien 3 5/10
  • Alien: Resurrection 6/10
  • Prometheus 8/10
  • Predator 8/10
  • Predator 2 7/10
  • Predators 9/10
  • AvP 8.5/10
  • AvP: Requiem 8/10

Lol.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_

The best Doctor! Come at me, Tennant fanboys.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Mercy_ said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Mercy_ said:

It was...um, entertaining? I have an issue with thriller movies that have huge lacks of common sense in them, though. Removing your helmet on an alien planet? DUMB. Elizabeth Shaw is fcking awesome, though.

But they were space hippies ^_^ haha

No, but I get it. That was pretty stupid. Also, I hope Charlize Theron somehow survived. It made no sense that she escaped and was made into a Jill Sandwich 10 seconds later. Meh.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Mercy_ said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Mercy_ said:

I really like Prometheus but man did it have some stupid moments. 

• Guy with high tech laser / hologram map gets lost (and had contact with command whole time).
  • Biologist afraid of a long dead alien body then thinks a live (and hissing) alien is the cutest thing EVAR.
  • Protagonist can barely walk after operation... shortly later runs and jumps around just fine.
  • Speaking of running... how about you sidestep 5 feet to safety from that rolling ship?
  • Hologram of aliens running from the ooze... into a room where they store more of it?
  • Zombified stoner map guy makes his way to the ship... only to pose in that beyond weird and contorted position while he waits for the door to open?  I get it looked creepy, but it makes no sense when the guy was clearly given a physical boost (leaping around like a boss shortly after).
  • There's way more, but I haven't re-watched it yet.   Despite all this, I still really like the movie :D
Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Inverno

@k4tzm4n said:

I really like Prometheus but man did it have some stupid moments.

• Guy with high tech laser / hologram map gets lost (and had contact with command whole time).
  • Biologist afraid of a long dead alien body then thinks a live (and hissing) alien is the cutest thing EVAR.
  • Protagonist can barely walk after operation -- later runs and jumps around just fine.
  • Speaking of running... how about you sidestep 5 feet so safety?
  • Hologram of aliens running from the ooze... into a room where they store more of it?
  • Zombified stoner map guy makes his way to the ship... only to pose in that beyond weird and contorted position while he waits for the door to open? I get it looked creepy, but it makes no sense when the guy was clearly given a physical boost (leaping around like a boss shortly after).
  • There's way more, but I haven't re-watched it yet. Despite all this, I still really like the movie :D

Well I have an easy explanation for all of that:

=P

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Magian

@k4tzm4n: lol Imagine if you didn't like it then :P But I can agree with your points and especially these:

@k4tzm4n said:

• Protagonist can barely walk after operation -- later runs and jumps around just fine.
  • Hologram of aliens running from the ooze... into a room where they store more of it?
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Magian

@CaioTrubat:That definitely explains a lot of things lol

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@k4tzm4n: What about when she removed her human hybrid cutey pie alien baby and then pretended 10 seconds later like she wasn't almost just forced by a creepy robot to give birth to it? Also why was the space jockey sleeping instead of completing his mission of world extermination?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n: You going to rank them or is that your list? :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@k4tzm4n: What about when she removed her human hybrid cutey pie alien baby and then pretended 10 seconds later like she wasn't almost just forced by a creepy robot to give birth to it? Also why was the space jockey sleeping instead of completing his mission of world extermination?

I have a lot of questions surrounding the final Engineer.  I'm actually very excited to watch the film with the commentary track just to hear their side of the story. 

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n: You going to rank them or is that your list? :P

I'm half asleep over here but right now this is how I think my list would look.  I'll likely alter it a good deal later on.

1. Aliens 
  2. Predator 
  3. Alien  
  4. Predators 
  5. Prometheus  
  6. Predator 2   
  7. Alien 3 
  8. AvP   
  9. AvP: Requiem
  10. Alien: Resurrection 
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n: I loved the Engineers, best part of the entire movie. I really hope the sequel goes to their homeworld or involves them heavily.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mercy_

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Charlize was perfection, as always.

@k4tzm4n said:

• Speaking of running... how about you sidestep 5 feet to safety from that rolling ship?

ASDF;KJSADFLJK OH MY GOD. I was literally yelling while watching this part. Fcking run to the side asdf;ksdfl;jk

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Magian

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n: I loved the Engineers, best part of the entire movie. I really hope the sequel goes to their homeworld or involves them heavily.

From what I heard the sequel is indeed going to show David and Shaw going to their homeworld which is great because there are so many things left unanswered regarding the Enginners.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Xanni15

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

From what I heard the sequel is indeed going to show David and Shaw going to their homeworld which is great because there are so many things left unanswered regarding the Enginners.

That would be fantastic! I mean they really didn't tell us anything regarding them, at least not in comparison to what was left unaswered.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Here's how the story goes: David and Shaw arrive.  David says a sentence in their language... they crush his head and promptly kill Shaw. 

Roll credits.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Magian

@Mercy_ said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Charlize was perfection, as always.

While I like Theron, her part didn't really offer anything to the movie. Even if she was gone, the movie would have been pretty much the same I believe.

And yeah about the sidestep thing LOL

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Inverno

@ComicMan24: Also

- Why the Space Jockeys want to destroy us if they created us in the first place?

- Why the f*** Guy Pierce looks like Mr. Burns?

- Why that asshole scientist wants to hide from other characters he had a alien fish popping out of his eye ball and pretend he is okay?

- Why Charlize Theron has a safe room designed only for males?

Probably the worst scene was the biologist falling in love to the alien snake. I recall people were laughing their brains out in my screening during that scene.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Magian

@k4tzm4n said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Here's how the story goes: David and Shaw arrive. David says a sentence in their language... they crush his head and promptly kill Shaw. Roll credits.

On the bright side, we won't have to wait two hours for them to be killed. That's something :P

@Xanni15: Agreed. What I really want to know, is why do they want to kill us.

gavinsanity254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By gavinsanity254

About the sidestep thing: did no one notice the flaming chunks of Prometheus crashing down everywhere?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@gavinsanity254 said:

About the sidestep thing: did no one notice the flaming chunks of Prometheus crashing down everywhere?

I'd happily take those odds over CERTAIN DEATH VIA ROLLING METAL DOUGHNUT OF DOOM! 
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Xanni15

@ComicMan24:

So many potential answers to that question.

Perhaps they didn't need us anymore.

Maybe we were just an experiment that went wrong, we didn't act civilized as a people.

The Xenomorphs would use our body's and spread so they eliminate a place for them to hatch.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Magian

@CaioTrubat said:

- Why the Space Jockeys want to destroy us if they created us in the first place?

- Why that asshole scientist wants to hide from other characters he had a alien fish popping out of his eye ball and pretend he is okay?

Probably the worst scene was the biologist falling in love to the alien snake. I recall people were laughing their brains out in my screening during that scene.

• Would like to know that as well. Hopefully it is going to be explained in the next movie.
  • Yeah, the make-up used in this case wasn't that good. It would have been better for them to use an older actor and originally they were going to I think.
  • Stupidity lol.
  • It wasn't a safe room. It was a surgical booth(?) and since only a limited number of them was created, I think only 12 IIRC, I suppose that it was difficult for her to find one for females.
  • Don't remember that.
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xanni15

@CaioTrubat: Or what happened to the other Engineers to not even come check out their former outpost place.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Magian

@Xanni15:I think that it is possible they were seeing us a threat. A race that coud potentially surpass them. Athough the experiment gone bad or outliving our usefulness things are also pretty possibe too, yeah.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ComicMan24 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

• Would like to know that as well. Hopefully it is going to be explained in the next movie.
  • Yeah, the make-up used in this case wasn't that good. It would have been better for them to use an older actor and originally they were going to I think.
  • Stupidity lol.
  • It wasn't a safe room. It was a surgical booth(?) and since only a limited number of them was created, I think only 12 IIRC, I suppose that it was difficult for her to find one for females.
  • Don't remember that.

• I actually prefer not knowing the exact reason.  They created us and they're not longer pleased with the product.  I don't need to know why to necessarily understand their motivation.  Plus, it opens the door for speculation :D 
  • Agreed.  Odd they didn't opt to hire someone that age instead. 
  • Yeah, not sure.  Perhaps he was just freaked out and thought it was all in his head. 
  • The medical device was there for Weyland.   
  • Well, that was just dumb and contradicted his previous scene, haha.
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Xanni15

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15:I think that it is possible they were seeing us a threat. A race that coud potentially surpass them. Athough the experiment gone bad or outliving our usefulness things are also pretty possibe too, yeah.

I don't know, that one Engineer did a lot of damage, just image a whole planet of them. Don't see how humans would be a threat, unless it was by our stupidity. lol

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Magian

@k4tzm4n said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

• Stupidity lol.
  • Don't remember that.

• I actually prefer not knowing the exact reason. They created us and they're not longer pleased with the product. I don't need to know why to necessarily understand their motivation. Plus, it opens the door for speculation :D
  • Agreed. Odd they didn't opt to hire someone that age instead.
  • Yeah, not sure. Perhaps he was just freaked out and thought it was all in his head.
  • The medical device was there for Weyland.
  • Well, that was just dumb and contradicted his previous scene, haha.

I hate not knowing lol I like having the answers. As stupid as they might be.

For Weyland? I guess that makes sense.

Are you talking about the scene with that thing coming out from the black liquid?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Magian

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

I don't know, that one Engineer did a lot of damage, just image a whole planet of them. Don't see how humans would be a threat, unless it was by our stupidity. lol

lol Potentially in the future. If you remember in the Alien movies humanity had advanced enough to leave Earth and colonize other planets, built those gigantic space ships etc. So the potential for that was there imo.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Xanni15

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

lol Potentially in the future. If you remember in the Alien movies humanity had advanced enough to leave Earth and colonize other planets, built those gigantic space ships etc. So the potential for that was there imo.

True, I had forgotten about that. That's also a possibility, good thinking. lol

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Magian

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

Well it is just a theory but I guess we will have to wait until the sequel to find out.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Inverno

@k4tzm4n: Okay I have no problem rolling with a simple explanation as "they lost faith on mankind". Just hope they don't bring some needlessly complex reason such as " I heard you didn't want to be killed by synthetics so i made some synthetics to kill you every 50k years so you won't be killed by synthetics"

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Xanni15

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

Well it is just a theory but I guess we will have to wait until the sequel to find out.

All we have is theories at this point. lol

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Magian

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

lol Touche. Btw I like how we turned his thread into a Prometheus discussion thread lol

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Xanni15

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

lol Touche. Btw I like how we turned his thread into a Prometheus discussion thread lol

All thanks to Mercy. lol

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Magian

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@ComicMan24 said:

All thanks to Mercy. lol

You hear that K4tz? It's all thanks to Mercy lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Mercy_ said:

The best Doctor! Come at me, Tennant fanboys.

Challenge accepted!

What up?
What up?
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Magian

^Also thanks to Mercy ;)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ComicMan24 said:

^Also thanks to Mercy ;)

Yup. So now it's the Prometheus / Doctor Who thread.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mercy_

You're welcome, peasants.

@JediXMan: Stormy happened during Eleven's run

end of discussion