• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you feel about this? 

Do you care if people are racist or not? 

Do you ever , honestly , get uncomfortable around folks of different race? 

Honestly I do, I'm black, but some peole make me feel bad...because i haven't spent much time learning to communicate effectively 

how about you?
#2 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dessolution said:
"Getting off the computer is the first step.  "

yup...I work a full time job: YMCA 
Part time: Maewyn's restaurant 

school: Penn State 

I'm a rapper and work out and write stories 

What's you point? 

you are prejudices 

you don't even know me and think I'm an idiot because of my opinion... 
also 

I flagged you
#3 Posted by slacker the hacker (7844 posts) - - Show Bio
@RetolledTruth said:
"How do you feel about this?  Do you care if people are racist or not?   Do you ever , honestly , get uncomfortable around folks of different race?   Honestly I do, I'm black, but some peole make me feel bad...because i haven't spent much time learning to communicate effectively  how about you? "

No not really in a natural setting  but i feel akward when im in a room full of people of a diffrent race and i think all eyes are on me
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism doesn't really bother me accept for on the level when it keeps people for making a living for themselves or coming up in the world.I don't like that.Racial Slurs,Stereotypes,Racist blogs and statements etc. none of that bothers me.

#5 Edited by lagoon_boy (10956 posts) - - Show Bio
No, I have no problem hanging out with different raced people, in fact...most of my friends has different races. And I do care if people are racist, I think racism is dumb, why do you even care if he has a different skin color?

#6 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not racist...I'm just concerned other people are 

I think race is a foolish categorization 

ethnicity is different 

But don't judge someone based on that...or anything
#7 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Racism doesn't really bother me accept for on the level when it keeps people for making a living for themselves or coming up in the world.I don't like that.Racial Slurs,Stereotypes,Racist blogs and statements etc. none of that bothers me. "
yup that about sums it up for me too
#8 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

Being from Mississippi, I have a serious problem with racism(though I must say that MS gets a bad rep for being racist. Most people here are trying their best to move past our history, and there are states far more racist than here). I am black as well(Don't call me African American), and have had to deal with a lot of racism from blacks and whites alike( honestly never was around many other "races" growing up). In all, "races" are just social constructs. They exist because we say they exist, and honestly have no bearing on anything. All of us are equal humans, no difference(save for the environment one grows up in). So racism is pointless, because races dont really exist. I feel just as comfortable with people of other "races" as I am with my own family.

#9 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dessolution said:
"@RetolledTruth said:

" @Dessolution said:

yup...I work a full time job: YMCA Part time: Maewyn's restaurant  school: Penn State  I'm a rapper and work out and write stories  What's you point?  you are prejudices  you don't even know me and think I'm an idiot because of my opinion... also  I flagged you "
I find you very stupid. Only because you don't seem to comprehend much. You don't think before you act.  "

Chill man...I'm not acting anything 

You've never seen me...this is a forum 

and  
Flagged
#10 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@RetolledTruth said:
" @Dessolution said:
"@RetolledTruth said:

" @Dessolution said:

yup...I work a full time job: YMCA Part time: Maewyn's restaurant  school: Penn State  I'm a rapper and work out and write stories  What's you point?  you are prejudices  you don't even know me and think I'm an idiot because of my opinion... also  I flagged you "
I find you very stupid. Only because you don't seem to comprehend much. You don't think before you act.  "
Chill man...I'm not acting anything  You've never seen me...this is a forum  and  Flagged "
You should probably chill on the excessive flagging.  You're doing it wrong.
#11 Posted by Dessolution (147 posts) - - Show Bio

lol he's even flagged me when I said, Spite thread in his Kenshiro vs Bat thread. 

#12 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" @RetolledTruth said:
" @Dessolution said:
"@RetolledTruth said:

" @Dessolution said:

Chill man...I'm not acting anything  You've never seen me...this is a forum  and  Flagged "
You should probably chill on the excessive flagging.  You're doing it wrong. "

Alright 

I'll let the Mods handle it
#13 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dessolution said:
" lol he's even flagged me when I said, Spite thread in his Kenshiro vs Bat thread.  "
lol, nice.   I was honestly waiting to get flagged for telling him to chill on the flagging.
#14 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" @Dessolution said:
" lol he's even flagged me when I said, Spite thread in his Kenshiro vs Bat thread.  "
lol, nice.   I was honestly waiting to get flagged for telling him to chill on the flagging. "

yeah sorry  

please forgive me 

I understand now
#15 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

racism, or any discrimination irks the living hell out of me...like seriously i don't understand how people can create such hate on such small and irrelevant characteristics, you are just holding back the human race...think about it all the time and money people spent on fighting racism could have been spent on fighting cancer 

#16 Posted by Dessolution (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Chill dude, no one cares. 

#17 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dessolution said:
"Chill dude, no one cares.  "

thank you 

I'm so relieved 

can we be friends 

please
#18 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care about race.....it's more about how people represent themselves. If you represent yourself well, educated, friendly, ect then I will have no problem with you.
#19 Posted by Drayco90 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... I hate blacks. And whites. and Mexicans. And Canadians. And Europeans. And Orientals. And French. And Russians. And Itallians. And French. And the Red Man. And Skrulls. And Mixed. And also French. I just hate humanity. I like select people, just not large numbers of them. I can't help it I'm Irish (ba dum tish)

#20 Posted by the referee (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I have strong Christian morals  and have never used the N word in jest or spite. However I have mixed feelings about watching Dog the Bounty hunter after his racist slur. I am Caucasian 

any comment?

#21 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't consider myself a racist by what others consider racist, perhaps some jokes here and there between friends. I can hang out with people that are black, mexican, etc. I have friends that are. Live in Texas so Mexicans are a given. Although I'm rather sick of the PC crap.  

This thread reminds me of this song: 

#22 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh great, another racism topic. (-_-)

#23 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether said:
" Oh great, another racism topic. (-_-) "
Yup, seems so. 

#24 Posted by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio
racism is nothing like it was in yesteryear... its still here but not nearly as bad... so its like a non issue for me now
#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92846 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism is still pretty prevalent. People are just better at hiding it now. That's my take on it, anyways. 

#26 Posted by Dessolution (147 posts) - - Show Bio

What people seem to miss is that everyone is racist in one form or another. It's a human quality you can't throw away, regardless. 

#27 Posted by The Psyentist (18847 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
"  
Well I don't consider myself a racist by what others consider racist, perhaps some jokes here and there between friends. I can hang out with people that are black, mexican, etc. I have friends that are. Live in Texas so Mexicans are a given. Although I'm rather sick of the PC crap.  

This thread reminds me of this song: 

"
I KNEW someone was going to bring this up... and if no one did, I WOULD have! Hahahaha. Oh, Avenue Q. 

Race is a social construct like gender. And it's pretty irritating. I'm caucasian, mostly German (just in case no one could tell...haha). I have a tendency to refer to myself as the token white person/female around my friends. I have aesthetic preferences as an artist, but those can actually "discriminate" against people of all races when it comes right down to it. I wouldn't consider myself a racist. Though I have been called and occasionally call myself a misanthrope which basically can mean I dislike humans equally. ;)
#28 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually of the mindset that society is a racial construct, not the other way around. Doesn't mean I'm a racist, just means I believe different races exist. I think that's the beauty of humanity. We should accept and embrace our differences rather than pretend that everybody is the same. 

#29 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope I could really care less about race or whatever. I feel sorry for people that are racist, they're just brainwashed by their parents and hate someone because they're different for no reason. Need to stop spreading hate and more love and peace. I remeber when I was at school and I heard some kids say some racist stuff and it didn't bother me at all, I just keep going about my day doing what I do because that's what I doooo!!! I'm black, native american, and part white and I go to a school mostly with caucasian people and I look at them as not because of their color, but because of who they are as a person.

#30 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Racism doesn't really bother me accept for on the level when it keeps people for making a living for themselves or coming up in the world.I don't like that.Racial Slurs,Stereotypes,Racist blogs and statements etc. none of that bothers me. "
This is pretty much true for me as well though I have a tendency to get really defensive with comments about my adopted brother, who is black.  

I myself am half native american only you would not know it to look at me, so I hardly have to deal with racism directed at me. 
#31 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

On a lighter note: 

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@the referee said:
" I have strong Christian morals  and have never used the N word in jest or spite. However I have mixed feelings about watching Dog the Bounty hunter after his racist slur. I am Caucasian 

any comment?

"
Dog the Bounty Hunter isn't a very good show anyway but if you like the show..nothing he said outside the show should make you stop watching it.You don't have to like him to watch the show.It has his name in the title but the interest is supposed to like in the cases.I didn't stop watching Seinfeld after what "Kramer" said and i'm black.I don't have to find him to be a respectable person to still laugh at him.
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dessolution said:
" What people seem to miss is that everyone is racist in one form or another. It's a human quality you can't throw away, regardless.  "
I don't think anyone missed it.There's a difference between outward racism and having racist thoughts and conversations in private.Unless someone is being blatantly racist toward you..it can never become a problem.I make blanketed and stereotypical statements about other races all the time...just not around the group of people i'm actually talking about.They can't be mad about my racism if I do say or do anything racist around them.
#34 Posted by Dessolution (147 posts) - - Show Bio

I blame Fox News lol 

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dessolution said:
" I blame Fox News lol  "
Good :)
#36 Posted by jasraj (4728 posts) - - Show Bio

i have a serious problem with racism 

i hate it
#37 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

Buzz word to label people the media doesn't like that is all it is. 

Senator Robert C. Byrd, was a Klan member and a recruiter for the Klan. 

Why is this never mentioned by the media? 
Senator Robert C. Byrd former Klan member, or so they say... 

#38 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"

Buzz word to label people the media doesn't like that is all it is. 

Senator Robert C. Byrd, was a Klan member and a recruiter for the Klan. 

Why is this never mentioned by the media? 
Senator Robert C. Byrd former Klan member, or so they say... 

"
The Bush family also partially funded the Nazi party and got tax rebates from it.

Would have been a good move on Gore's part to mention that during the presidential election.
#39 Posted by Dessolution (147 posts) - - Show Bio

And then there's Sarah Palin. Michelle Bachmen.  

Actually, whatever happened to these two? They seemed to have dispersed off the face of the earth. I haven't heard of them in a while. 

#40 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
"On a lighter note: 

"

ahahahaha lmao
#41 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

@RetolledTruth said:

"How do you feel about this?  Do you care if people are racist or not?   Do you ever , honestly , get uncomfortable around folks of different race?   Honestly I do, I'm black, but some peole make me feel bad...because i haven't spent much time learning to communicate effectively  how about you? "

Feel? Hmmmm........... Hurt, angered, sad, and motivated to change it........ 

Sure......... 

No... If i'm uncomfortable around someone it would be because of who they individually are.. Not their race....... 

What do you mean by your last question?......     

@Dessolution said:

"Chill dude, no one cares.  "

Is this statement aimed at the topic of this thread? 

@RetolledTruth
said:

"I'm not racist...I'm just concerned other people are  I think race is a foolish categorization  ethnicity is different  But don't judge someone based on that...or anything "

It is.....

@biggkeem89 said:

"Being from Mississippi, I have a serious problem with racism(though I must say that MS gets a bad rep for being racist. Most people here are trying their best to move past our history, and there are states far more racist than here). I am black as well(Don't call me African American), and have had to deal with a lot of racism from blacks and whites alike( honestly never was around many other "races" growing up). In all, "races" are just social constructs. They exist because we say they exist, and honestly have no bearing on anything. All of us are equal humans, no difference(save for the environment one grows up in). So racism is pointless, because races dont really exist. I feel just as comfortable with people of other "races" as I am with my own family. "

A lot of truth in this post......      

@Dessolution said:

"What people seem to miss is that everyone is racist in one form or another. It's a human quality you can't throw away, regardless.  "

Wow...... 

#42 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not gonna lie when I see 3 random black guys dressed up all ghetto I do get nervous. But, Racism isn't natural, it's what we've been taught. When I was younger I had a black uncle and just thought he was really my uncle like blood uncle. It wasn't until I got older and I realized what Black is, I realized he wasn't my uncle because I know I'm white. I still call the guy uncle for anyone who is interested.

#43 Posted by the referee (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the referee said:
" I have strong Christian morals  and have never used the N word in jest or spite. However I have mixed feelings about watching Dog the Bounty hunter after his racist slur. I am Caucasian 

any comment?

"
Dog the Bounty Hunter isn't a very good show anyway but if you like the show..nothing he said outside the show should make you stop watching it.You don't have to like him to watch the show.It has his name in the title but the interest is supposed to like in the cases.I didn't stop watching Seinfeld after what "Kramer" said and i'm black.I don't have to find him to be a respectable person to still laugh at him. "
My feelings are the same. Even though all my friends are Caucasian I just wanted to know what the feelings on such an issue were.  
#44 Posted by Shikarenji (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

I find racism to just be ignorance , any form of prejudice is igrnorance . thats why it doesnt bother me in the sense tht i would get offended . I just correct people and tell them t think first , and that passing judgement on someone else is wrong even if u know them . i find racism to be annoying and evidence of how ignorant some people can be . maybe people who are racist will learn tho ...

#45 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna said:
"I'm not gonna lie when I see 3 random black guys dressed up all ghetto I do get nervous. But, Racism isn't natural, it's what we've been taught. When I was younger I had a black uncle and just thought he was really my uncle like blood uncle. It wasn't until I got older and I realized what Black is, I realized he wasn't my uncle because I know I'm white. I still call the guy uncle for anyone who is interested. "

Interesting......
#46 Posted by omdway (307 posts) - - Show Bio

As a black dude and a fan of hip-hop. Wat irritates me is the excessive use of the N-word in rap music. Phuq!!  

Its not a gr8 feelin if u show ur white friends 'a tune' and suddenly realise it basically consists of the N-word-ad-infinitum.  

SAY BROTHA INSTEAD. Sounds almost exactly the same. Only black folks seem to revel in repeating racial slurs in their music. The WORLD IS LISTENING.  
Sort it the phuq out. I get the historical resnonance of 'nigga' but Jeez lets move on...we're 'starting' to look ...bad.
#47 Posted by mikethekiller (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

racism bothers me when its a person when a person of power is racist

#48 Posted by KingAmongMongrels (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism is stupid. 

Take that word black people say is so racist. I'm not saying it in this topic cause I'm not sure if I can or not. 

It used to be so offensive. But now it's "their word." and If a white man says it, that white man finds himself in a very bad situation. 

But it's OK for black people to use racist terms against white people. Thats considered cool, funny, hip. The world today is (America, at least) bent on the idea that black people are better than white people. I am white, and that outrages me to the point where I can't stand it. The whole idea of that even being true is stupid. Yet it's exploited as humorous, cool, and a fact, etc. 

Before I ramble, yeah racism is stupid.

#49 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingAmongMongrels said:
"Racism is stupid.  Take that word black people say is so racist. I'm not saying it in this topic cause I'm not sure if I can or not.  It used to be so offensive. But now it's "their word." and If a white man says it, that white man finds himself in a very bad situation.  But it's OK for black people to use racist terms against white people. Thats considered cool, funny, hip. The world today is (America, at least) bent on the idea that black people are better than white people. I am white, and that outrages me to the point where I can't stand it. The whole idea of that even being true is stupid. Yet it's exploited as humorous, cool, and a fact, etc.   Before I ramble, yeah racism is stupid. "

You think society views "Black" people as "better" than "White" people?....
#50 Edited by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Times like this are why I'm glad I live in deeeeeeeeeepppppp denial
kidding of course I find it morally disguisting