User Lists: 17

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@samimista:

I want to, yes. If only to catch the legends.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Darling_Luna
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By laflux

@samimista: I heard this game is ridiculously short? And you of all people like running guys over. Never thought of you having road rage :P

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Im a fan of the series but I have only played 1,2 and 4 I think, much of the story in 4 was lost to me due to not having played certain other games in the series and it sounds like that might be the case here too from this review. Is that a correct assumption? : ) I still dont know if im going to play this or not, I heard it's only about 2 houres of gameplay but that is fine with me since it's also pretty cheap. I might play it just because I am interested in the sequal and it feels like that might be neccessary, however I might just skip both since the story just seems to hard to get into if you dont want to go back and play some of the older games.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@laflux: Lmao! I accidentally drove off a cliff once too. XD It's actually really fun running the guards over. >=D It'll teach them a lesson for trying to hurt Big Boss! 0.0 He is the father of my husbando!

As for the length, the main story is very short however, there's a lot of replay value. Especially if you wanna 100% the game. There's also four side missions? Have only played the side missions once each time but, one of the side missions breaks the forth wall. You literally have to save Hideo Kojima.

Were you thinking of playing Ground Zeroes though?

@theacidskull: Ah so it's a bit different than the first? =O Gotta say, the graphics looked really beautiful. Also have heard there's stealth elements in the second?

@darling_luna: Darling Dashie!

@wildvine: Do wish you luck on your quest! Gen III is very much fun! Used to think for the longest time that the man outside of the Daycare was a bear dressed up in a sweater vest. 0.0 Didn't realize it was a man until last year. D=

@bruxae -

Hehe. I started out with the 4th when it first came out. Honestly, I really loved the 4th but, there was so much plot holes in it. 0.0

For Ground Zeroes, I'd say you should play Peace Walker beforehand as Ground Zeroes takes place six months - one year after it but, you can always listen to Paz's diaries that are in Ground Zeroes. Or if you'd like, I can clear anything up for you since the games can be awfully confusing?

Hehe. 0.0 I will tell you this, when I first play any Metal Gear game, I start off on Easy Mode. Unfortunately, there is none for Ground Zeroes. It starts you off on Normal. So if you're in it for the story, it might be a bit of an annoyance to play? If you get spotted once by a guard, the whole base goes on alert. =/

But, if you want a taste of Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes would be a good play to get adjusted to the mechanics.

How much is Ground Zeroes where you live though? Do you know what console you'd like to get it on and whether it would be physical or digital copy?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yeah, I loved the game but the plotholes was rough. I guess that's the downside of a rich story, it's nice if you have played all of it but if you miss one part it gets hard.

I dont think I mind some difficulty hehe, I usually start at normal. The exception would be stealth games I guess, not really that into stealth, Metal Gear is one of the few stealth games I play anyway cause it just has such an awesome story. :p

Ground Zeroes was around 25$ I think, I would probably be getting it on PSN for my PS3 if I did get it, I havent gotten my hands on a PS4 yet, they are always sold out in the stores and I dont want to get one by mail due to our mail service being really terrible with leaving package undamaged. >_<

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Samimista

@bruxae - Ah. ^__^ Metal Gear is great! Do you check Hideo's Twitter? He really is a funny guy. XD To be honest, I've been really loving the marketing for Metal Gear Solid . Especially with David Hayter vs Kiefer Sutherland and the alias of Joakim Mogren? Do wonder what'll happen next!

Wow! That's actually more cheap than what I got it for. =O I think mine was around 30$. Cannot remember the exact price though since my brother bought it. We decided to share our games.

Oof. >___< Am sorry to hear. I'd also be afraid of losing the PS4 in the mail. I ordered mine off Amazon on launch date and luckily it came but, the UPS main left it where somebody could of stolen it. Wasn't home when it arrived.

Do you like Dishonored by the way?

EDIT: And getting Ground Zeroes on the PSN is really smart! Think it's more cheaper than the physical copy too but, I could be wrong on that.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By waezi2

I think I will try Metal Gear one day. Only know about it from a parody comic-strip.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae - Ah. ^__^ Metal Gear is great! Do you check Hideo's Twitter? He really is a funny guy. XD To be honest, I've been really loving the marketing for Metal Gear Solid . Especially with David Hayter vs Kiefer Sutherland and the alias of Joakim Mogren? Do wonder what'll happen next!

Wow! That's actually more cheap than what I got it for. =O I think mine was around 30$. Cannot remember the exact price though since my brother bought it. We decided to share our games.

Oof. >___< Am sorry to hear. I'd also be afraid of losing the PS4 in the mail. I ordered mine off Amazon on launch date and luckily it came but, the UPS main left it where somebody could of stolen it. Wasn't home when it arrived.

Do you like Dishonored by the way?

EDIT: And getting Ground Zeroes on the PSN is really smart! Think it's more cheaper than the physical copy too but, I could be wrong on that.

I dont user Twitter much, I mostly just follow a bunch of people but forget to check it. : D

Did you get a physical copy or on PS4 maybe? It might just be cheaper on PS3 since the console is getting outdated, or if you got a physical copy that is probably why.. Digital is usually a bit cheaper, although you sadly loose out on all the goodies that come with the box.

I only played through Dishonored once, maybe I should do another run through, I remember really enjoying it! It was nice due to the fact that you could play stealthy but weren't really required to, I like when the game gives you the option. I've played games where you get game over if you are detected basically and that pressure is just not enjoyable for me. >_<

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

I think I will try Metal Gear one day. Only know about it from a parody comic-strip.

Ah! =D Hiimdaisy, right? I LOVE those strips. 0.0 Do you know what Metal Gear comic-strip you read? There's also the hyper dubs!

Loading Video...

@bruxae -

Hehe! I haven't used mine in ages either. =D

I got a digital copy on the PS4? =O Also was a released a bit late than the physical copy. 0.0 That does make sense though!

Ooh! There's also two endings! If you can, I'd play through it again. We're probably gonna get a Dishonored 2 announced at E3. ^___^

Oof. >___< I should mention to you that, it's easy to die in Ground Zeroes. There's no health bar but the blood splatters onto the screen? Depending on the rank you get for the main mission though, you obtain better weapons? You can also interrogate the guards to get nonlethal weapons which help!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By waezi2
Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Samimista

@waezi2: LMAO! I love that Gator panel! xD You know, in Metal Gear Solid 3, Naked Snake can dress up! =O

No Caption Provided

Master of Stealth!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@samimista:

This is a well done, well written review, but I respectfully disagree on many of your thoughts - but, to each his own ^__^ I thought this was the best gameplay in any MGS game, but on the other hand, it is classic Metal Gear to be, and the game was absolutely gorgeous - certainly the best looking game of this generation, besides Last of Us.

Regarding Paz's rape and torture... Kojima wasn't us to hate Skull-Face, but... I dunno... maybe it came off as shock value? Well - Kojima's a creator without borders, heh, heh :) I wouldn't refer to it as a demo, considering I've already put over 8+ hours on Ground Zeroes, replaying, and replaying... although, i agree with you on something, it was painfully, painfully frustrating to play Ground Zeroes the first few times. Sure, the other games are frustrating, but it was in a good way. With Ground Zeroes, it was so frustrating, it rubbed me the wrong way and I didn't want to play at all. Thankfully, I've mastered the mechanics, now :P

Good review! Hope you'll review the other games, and we'll fanboy and/or girl about Metal Gear together :)

- TAS

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Hey, you! :) Thanks for checking out my review. ^__^ Sorry about the late response. Had family over this weekend. xD

I can see where you're coming from. My views have somewhat changed since the review was made and I will agree the gameplay is superb. I believe it even fits Kojima's vision more? I can't wait to see how Phantom Pain will improve gameplay-wise. I'm already liking what's going on with the cardboard boxes. Especially with plastering a girl on it. XD Hehehe.

Yeah, it really did (in regards with Paz's rape and torture being shock value). =/ I'm actually curious if we'll see Chico in Phantom Pain. I suspected he may be Decoy Octopus, but I dunno if it's too far-fetched...Tbh, I wish we did know more about Decoy Octopus.

Oh wow! xD I actually gotta see how many hours I have in Ground Zeroes...I wanna say I have more hours in, but I'll double check. :) No matter what I always find it so hard to rescue Paz. >___< Chico I have no problem with, but I find it hard with Paz due to the many guards on standby? >___>

And yes! >__< I usually start MGS on Easy Mode, but I don't think Ground Zeroes had it? Only Normal and Hard Mode? I didn't like how long it can take for the alarm to go off. Have noticed the guards are more aware in Ground Zeroes as well.

Aw. ^__^ Thank you again! I'm hoping to review Phantom Pain, but it depends when it comes out...I was so certain it would be out in March, but I guess if we don't hear anything at VGAs, it may come out later? =/

Oh, and I will respond to you in the MGS thread shortly! ...I actually didn't get notified on it, but I think you responded. :)