• 68 results
Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio
Pain...is an illusion. Pain...is in the mind.

For those who don't know, when Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was announced, I did multiple blogs on here regarding speculation on how the game was unraveling to be. I'll be honest to say though, I was skeptical whether or not to review Ground Zeroes but, why not? Though, I will warn you, I will be discussing my thoughts regarding spoilers but, they will be marked in another section.

Summary

Ground Zeroes takes place shortly after the events of Peace Walker however, it also acts as a prologue to the upcoming Phantom Pain. In a similar manner to the Tanker Mission in Sons of Liberty. Paz is held for interrogation at Camp Omega that's on the southern tip of Cuba. So happens, Chico is captive nearby Paz's location since he went on a rescue mission in an attempt to save her. It's Big Boss' duty to solely infiltrate Camp Omega and reunite Paz and Chico together.

Characters

I'll be honest here, when Kiefer Sutherland was first announced as Big Boss, I was very disheartened. Especially since I thought for sure that the different voice actor would be a ruse. I still hope David Hayter will have a cameo in Phantom Pain but, you know what?

Now that I've played Ground Zeroes, I honestly Sutherland sounds very natural as Big Boss. He unfortunately doesn't have many lines but, I'm looking forward to hearing him more. There was already a Jack Bauer reference in Ground Zeroes as well!

Ever since Ground Zeroes was first announced, I've been very intrigued by Skull Face who many predicted to be Hot Coldman due to the similar outfit. However, (SPOILER ALERT) it seems unlikely since a cassette tape revealed that Skull Face is Hungarian. He seems to know Big Boss from the past so I believe he's a new character. Though, I wonder if Skull knew him during the Korean or Vietnam War? I mean, in the beginning of the main mission you can even hear two guards mention the Green Berets.

I'll be honest to say, while I'm intrigued by his enigma, I was extremely pissed off at Skull Face for something he did that will be elaborated in the Audio Tapes section of this review. Though, I will warn you that it will contain spoilers if you haven't beat or played Ground Zeroes yet.

Gameplay

Metal Gear has changed. It's not about cardboard boxes or rations anymore. It's about recharging health. Joke aside, I am sure we will see cardboard boxes in Phantom Pain as for rations, I don't think so since there's no need anymore? If you get shot, the screen will be splattered in blood. To be quite honest, I miss the life gauge.

I feel embarrassed to admit this as a Metal Gear fan but, I usually start off on Easy Mode for my first playthrough? Which sadly isn't in Ground Zeroes. You automatically start on Normal and can unlock Hard. Even on Normal, for my first few playthroughs, I struggled a lot.

The A.I. has a larger view cone and they even interact with one another. It's actually pretty cool since you can also eavesdrop on their conversations. But, it's annoying because there's so much soldiers. If you skip a cutscene, the soldiers won't be at the location that they originally were patrolling since it's real time.

There also is automatic save checkpoints? I'll be honest to say, I'm displease on how there's only a few. I prefer having the option to save manually. I've been trying to collect the XOF patches and keep getting eight out of nine? Well, the last two times, I've gotten the ninth and completed the main mission, it gets lost.

My favorite part of the gameplay however, would be driving! I absolutely am a terrible driver but, it's so much fun running over the enemies and getting into explosions! It sucks though because eventually, the guards catch up and will try to shoot your vehicle.

Graphics

I'm gonna be honest here and just flat out say it, so far I personally don't notice much of a difference between last and current gen's graphics. Maybe that's because this game was built for both generations but, I don't know. It looks somewhat better than Metal Gear Solid 4 but, the hair texture could of been improved.

I think it kinda looks weird when zoomed in? But, that six pack! He be working out.

It's also silly how Big Boss flails his arms when he jumps. I mean, is he a mime acting as a cheerleader or a bird? It just looks so weird seeing manly Big Boss flailing like a fangirl. Is he still excited on how he saw Kaz in a speedo during Peace Walker?

Soundtrack

Honestly, I barely could hear the background music. Maybe it's my television but, I thought it sound very muffled in the rain. I have played the side ops but, I really don't play attention to songs in Metal Gear unless if it's in an emotional cutscene.

I do however, like Alert Status Theme:

Sounds very Hans Zimmer-like? It reminds me of Introduce a Little Anarchy from The Dark Knight.

My favorite song from Ground Zeroes however would be the beautifully remastered, Heaven's Divide:

You have a Walkman in Ground Zeroes so you can change the music anytime. I think you gotta unlock some but, you start off with a few songs from Peace Walker.

Audio Tapes

If you haven't beat Ground Zeroes, I strongly advise you to disregard this section. It contains major spoilers. Like, Revolver Ocelot shaking his booty in front of Big Boss who gets a nose bleed from the glorious sight that would forever be implanted in his mind. I mean, who wouldn't pay to see that?

Why did you click this? Go and beat Ground Zeroes already! Oh, you have? Then keep on reading!

Okay, I knew about this the week before Ground Zeroes came out and was extremely upset. I mean, personally, I find this a lot more shocking than the lackluster ending that Kojima was hyping up.

Skull Face forces Chico, a sweet thirteen year old boy to rape the woman he greatly admires and has a crush on...Paz. Now, I have to clarify, despite her cutesy appearance in Peace Walker, she actually lied about her age. She claimed to be a sixteen year old peace-loving student but, she's really a twenty-five year old woman as revealed in the audio tapes from Peace Walker. I am stating this because I always see people refer to her as a teenager when she's not.

So, a thirteen year old boy was forced to rape his dear friend who's a grown woman...Honestly, I feel like Kojima just did this for the sake of being controversial. I will not post videos containing the audio tapes on here because it's rather gruesome but, it's even more sad because she gets tortured after getting raped.

If you've seen the Red Band trailer for Phantom Pain, you basically have the ending spoiled. Paz has most of her organs removed to fit a bomb in her stomach. Even without the bomb, she would of died within a day. Anyways, Skull Face implants another bomb inside of her. During an audio tape, you can hear a wet sound as he opens her up...He also states that the bomb will be in a place that no one would dare to look...Take that as you will.

I understand that rape happens in life but, I just feel like this was completely unnecessary. Especially with the second bomb. Though, I understand that Kojima is trying to be more edgy. Personally, there's one good thing that came out of these audio tapes and the ending in which I will state in the section below.

Speculation

Again, if you plan on or currently playing Ground Zeroes, I'd disregard this section...Unless if you maybe want to speculate on who has the finer booty: Solid Snake or Big Boss. Ah, who am I kidding! It's definitely Solid Snake. Especially in Sons of Liberty. My husbando!

Now, that one good thing I mentioned to come out of the audio tapes and ending? Do you think it's possible for Chico to be Decoy Octopus? I mean, Chico is seen alive at the end of Ground Zeroes. I doubt he'll ever be the same sweet boy we once knew. After all, he was forced to rape the woman he loved.

There's also the possibility that he could be Ishmael. Perhaps Sutherland's voiceover was just to throw people off? Though, I rather have Ishmael as a figment of Big Boss' imagination.

Anyways, I really am hoping that Chico is Decoy Octopus. We have Quiet who resembles Sniper Wolf, Code Talker who's similar to Vulcan Raven, a young Psycho Mantis has been seen and there's Eli who's hopefully Liquid Snake. I mean, the arrogant stature, blonde hair, shirt wide open, the jackal teeth necklace and a biblical name? I'd honestly be pissed off if it wasn't Liquid Snake.

What do you think will happen in Phantom Pain? Are you looking forward to anything?

Verdict

If you're new to the series and interested in Phantom Pain, you should pick this up just to get adjusted to the gameplay mechanics. If you are new to the series and want to delve into its history, I would not recommend starting out with Ground Zeroes. I'd implore you to start out with either the first or third installment in the Solid series.

That said, I'd rate this at a 7/10. While Ground Zeroes is the prologue to Phantom Pain, I find it very misleading and greedy of Konami to exclude a warning stating that it's not a full game. This is very confusing to the new fans and anybody who believes that Ground Zeroes is actually Metal Gear Solid V.

You can certainly get a lot out of Ground Zeroes but, it's basically an expensive demo. People have been complaining by the lack of gameplay regarding the main mission. I was very skeptical on this but, there's a lot of ways to play the main mission. Everybody's experience will be different.

Congratulations! You have managed to read this whole review....Unless if you cheated that is! Anyways, here is your reward:

#1 Posted by Xwraith (15552 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's not a full game?

I guess it doesn't take that long to beat.

#2 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

So it's not a full game?

The main mission usually takes an hour and a half or less? Personally, I found it a pain to play through the first few times since the area is quite large and the soldiers are more aware.

It is indeed not a full game though. It's more of a demo, I'd say? I'm kinda glad it came out earlier since the wait has been so long but, it really can be confusing for the new fans.

Even I was confused last year on whether or not The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes would be released together or not.

Oh, and there are four side ops which are like thirty minutes long each?

#3 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh neat!!! Glad to see this out xD

Hm, very interesting and detailed review, my friend... I haven't even considered playing Ground Zeroes yet, mostly because I was interested in Phantom Pain. But I figure that since they are both parts of MGS V, then I would have to play GZ eventually. But my interest died down when I heard the main quest is really that short (even if the side activities do expend the playtime considered) and I was really, really, really thrown off by the audio tapes and the ending... I am still on the fence about it if I want to play it or not, but I am glad that you had fun with mostly of it though ^__^

Those last two picture though O.O

#4 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh another thing regarding your theories.

They look pretty solid, but remember... Kojima will probably throw a curve ball to the fans, just like GRR Martin. There is a good chance he will subvert these predictions with something that he may probably pull out of thin air :V

#5 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct

Hehe! Everybody must enjoy the handsomeness of Big Boss and Solid Snake! >=D Muwhahaha!

Thanks though very much mate! I honestly had a blast writing this.

Well, to be honest with you, I would at least wait awhile for you? At least til Ground Zeroes is cheaper or if we know that it'll be bundled together with The Phantom Pain.

Yeah...I don't even know what Kojima was thinking with the audio tapes. The ending I was 'meh' about since it was spoiled beforehand in a trailer but, I do think that as Big Boss flies away from Camp Omega that there could of been a playable scene where he's shooting the soldiers.

Hehe, unfortunately you are right. 0.0 He's such a tease.

Even yesterday on Twitter I saw that David Hayter was wearing a Sutherland icon...

Kinda think either Hayter will voice act Punished Snake or perhaps Solid Snake himself in a post credit of The Phantom Pain leading up to the very first Metal Gear?

#6 Posted by Ostyo (6750 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: You might wanna put a spoiler tag over that. xD

I won't post the videos here but, I honestly could barely listen to it. Was just so disturbing. Especially given the circumstances.

#8 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct

Hehe! Everybody must enjoy the handsomeness of Big Boss and Solid Snake! >=D Muwhahaha!

Thanks though very much mate! I honestly had a blast writing this.

Well, to be honest with you, I would at least wait awhile for you? At least til Ground Zeroes is cheaper or if we know that it'll be bundled together with The Phantom Pain.

Yeah...I don't even know what Kojima was thinking with the audio tapes. The ending I was 'meh' about since it was spoiled beforehand in a trailer but, I do think that as Big Boss flies away from Camp Omega that there could of been a playable scene where he's shooting the soldiers.

Hehe, unfortunately you are right. 0.0 He's such a tease.

Even yesterday on Twitter I saw that David Hayter was wearing a Sutherland icon...

Kinda think either Hayter will voice act Punished Snake or perhaps Solid Snake himself in a post credit of The Phantom Pain leading up to the very first Metal Gear?

Well, its fair since I occasionally post some beautiful ladies in my reviews :P

Hahaha you are welcome. Its really fun to write reviews ^__^

Hmmm... I see that is a good advice, I will wait until the price drops.

Eh... I hate these kinds of endings. It really diminishes the replay value for me -___- I guess he got into that reputation as the one bloke who makes messed up sh*t and he decided to one up himself with those audio logs. There is no WAY he could put that into the actual game graphically. For one, at least some crazy controversy won't be raised this time I hope.

Anything is possible now. We can expect anything to happen O_o

#9 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Do you think we could expect Dejah Thoris to really be a man? =O

I honestly would wait. Especially with how crazy expensive games are over there.

You know, I wonder if the audio tapes were somewhat influenced by the original Metal Gear Solid 4's ending. He wanted Otacon and Snake to get executed as Here's To You plays in the background. The song is vital in Ground Zeroes and is even mentioned after the credits.

#10 Posted by Ostyo (6750 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Pfft, people shouldn't read my comment! :P

But yeah, pretty much have no interest in MGS5 now. I couldn't careless about the story if Solid Snake isn't the center focus.

#11 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

That emergency surgery on the chopper really got to me.

#12 Edited by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

@samimista: Pfft, people shouldn't read my comment! :P

But yeah, pretty much have no interest in MGS5 now. I couldn't careless about the story if Solid Snake isn't the center focus.

I can understand where you're coming from since I also adore Hayter. I don't know if it's any consolation but, I think we'll see Solid appear in Phantom Pain. I don't think Hayter will voice a twelve/thirteen year old Snake but, we might see a post credit that leads up to Metal Gear 1? Either that or maybe Hayter is Punished Snake? Like I said to Caio, Hayter was wearing a Sutherland icon yesterday on Twitter. He's also done that when Sutherland was announced as the new voice for Boss.

#13 Posted by Ostyo (6750 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Yeah, can't say that'll keep with the series. I've grown tired of Kojima's little political jabs at America and some of his views points he's pushing in the games of late.

#14 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

That emergency surgery on the chopper really got to me.

Ah! You've played?

To be honest, I had to look away. Really am not used to gore. X_X Even last year when the trailer was shown, I thought I was gonna pass out.

Are you looking forward to The Phantom Pain?

#15 Posted by MrDirector786 (43414 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review. I still plan on getting the game myself, even if the main game is only about 2 hours.

#16 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

@samimista: Yeah, can't say that'll keep with the series. I've grown tired of Kojima's little political jabs at America and some of his views points he's pushing in the games of late.

I seriously can't blame you for that. I love Kojima but, he's been wanting to move on from the series since Metal Gear Solid 2, I think? He expresses that opinion a lot. To be honest though, when he does step down from the series is probably when I will too.

#17 Edited by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review. I still plan on getting the game myself, even if the main game is only about 2 hours.

Thanks mate! ^__^

In all honesty, you can replay it so many times. I'm on my third or forth playthrough and still not done? I'm trying to collect the XOF patches and cassette tapes.

There's also the side ops which can be fun! It takes awhile though to get used to the location and figuring out the soldier's pattern?

#18 Posted by Ostyo (6750 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Btw The review was great, please do more.

#19 Posted by dboyrules2011 (12077 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review! :P

#20 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: That would have being a twist from beyond the veil of time and space O.o

You think so? I didn't even knew that would happen. In fact, I mentioned to you before, this incident reminded me more of MGS 3 where Colonel Volgin tortures Snake and threatens to rape Meryl, Hell, Skullface is every bit the monster Volgin was, deformed and twisted.

#21 Posted by WarBlade539 (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

So it's not a full game?

The main mission usually takes an hour and a half or less? Personally, I found it a pain to play through the first few times since the area is quite large and the soldiers are more aware.

It is indeed not a full game though. It's more of a demo, I'd say? I'm kinda glad it came out earlier since the wait has been so long but, it really can be confusing for the new fans.

Even I was confused last year on whether or not The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes would be released together or not.

Oh, and there are four side ops which are like thirty minutes long each?

The game is impressive on next-gen, Sami. AAA title right here. Great graphics, gameplay, intelligent A.I.
But the content? Kojima is ripping us off. There is a guy who completed this game in 6 minutes. @dragonborn_ct....6 MINUTES!? *faints*
But nonetheless, I loved your Review. Impressive and well written. *gives cookie*

#22 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Yeah I've seen AJ mention it in his review. Now that is something I really have to see for myself. Need to look up this insanely fast speedrun.

#23 Edited by WarBlade539 (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Yeah I've seen AJ mention it in his review. Now that is something I really have to see for myself. Need to look up this insanely fast speedrun.

#24 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

Tell me this is not how the game begins and ends...? I mean, wow. Why bother now?

I got no words

#25 Edited by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: Thanks, Snake! ^__^ So far I have The Phantom Pain and Final Fantasy XV planned out. Other reviews I will probably do with Caio!

@dboyrules2011: Aw, thank you, DB! ^__^ How are you doing? I love your icon! =D

@dragonborn_ct: In MGS 3 Eva also has scars on her back and in her medical history she has an STD. D= Poor Big Mama! Then Volgin also has Raikov as his lover...Volgin's a very kinky yet weird dude. 0.o

Did you like Revolver Ocelot in the 3rd by the way? I honestly never liked the character until I played the 3rd.

@darkazrael999: Six minutes? =O So far my speed-run has been 36 minutes as of last night. Am trying to get to at least 20. The main mission I've played about 6/7 times now. I do think though if anything the price should be lowered. That or it should eventually be free on the PSN Plus.

The content I'm honestly okay with since it takes a long while to 100% and there's the side ops, XOF patches and cassette tapes to collect but,Konami should really put a warning stating that this isn't a full game. It's very misleading with V in the title. I understand that it's because Ground Zeroes acts as a prologue for The Phantom Pain but, it just seems kinda silly? I believe Metal Gear Solid 2's demo was for free. A lot of people still rave about the Tanker mission.

Have you played Metal Gear before by the way? What are your thoughts on The Phantom Pain?

D'aw! Thank you mate. =D *gives cupcake* I did Metal Gear blogs in the past but was so skeptical of reviewing this. Didn't think I'd have much to say but, it seems I wrote quite a bit. 0.0

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm aiming for 100%. Am on 29% as of now.

#26 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Not helped that I think EVA and Raikov were probably third years younger than him. Urgh x___x

I haven't played Snake Eater yet, but I caught up enough information before I jump in. Though Revolver looks like the typical weasel who betrays everyone he works with :V He got a very bad condition called chronic backstabbing disorder. Is he going to appear in Phantom Pain?

#27 Edited by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@samimista: Not helped that I think EVA and Raikov were probably third years younger than him. Urgh x___x

I haven't played Snake Eater yet, but I caught up enough information before I jump in. Though Revolver looks like the typical weasel who betrays everyone he works with :V He got a very bad condition called chronic backstabbing disorder. Is he going to appear in Phantom Pain?

Nooo! DX That's not good. ;__;

Well, if you really, really want to know about Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid 3....

He's the son of Big Boss' mentor. The Boss. His dad is The Sorrow as well. Ocelot was actually a Big Boss fanboy before it was cool! He is hipster. =O

He will appear but, he looks kinda old for his age. 0.0 Him and Big Boss were seen riding off but, I think later he tortures Huey who's handicapped. v___v I don't like that because of my brother who's in a wheelchair and loves Metal Gear.

#28 Posted by dboyrules2011 (12077 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Hey, Sam! I'm doing great! How are you doing?

#29 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Hey, Sam! I'm doing great! How are you doing?

Ah, I'm doing well mate! ^__^ Just a little tired but, very fine! Last day of spring break is tomorrow so gonna enjoy it.

Did you have your spring break?

#30 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: I don't mind about spoilers so... Ohhh he is Boss's son? WTF :O

Damn... Will there ever be a moment of levity in MGS V? u__u Its really a shame that happens with Huey, it seems just like his son he can't catch a break :\

#31 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I don't think it's directly stated in the game but, the codec calls have a lot of hints along with the timeline and how The Boss gave birth on the battlefield? She had her son taken away. Kojima has also confirmed this too before in an interview. He actually tends to quote Revolver a lot. Surprisingly, he recently stated his top five Metal Gear characters and Ocelot wasn't on the list.

It's ironic too because if memory serves me right, in the Phantom Pain trailer, we see Ocelot throw buckets of water onto Huey or something? Well, in Metal Gear Solid 2, Hal (Otacon) reveals that his dad got remarried and eventually drowned himself in a pool. His wife would sexually assault Otacon and this made Huey jealous. That's also where Emma's fear of water comes from since Huey tried to drag her along.

It is most certainly sad though. Metal Gear has always been tragic but never really shown like this? I'm looking forward to The Phantom Pain (especially to find out more about Quiet, Ishmael and Eli) but, I'm also not looking forward to the torture scenes.

And sorry for the spoiler blocks! Just marking them encase if anybody here hasn't played.

#32 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Hahaha, no problem my friend xD Incidentally I knew all of that about of that, I am impressed with Boss (goddamn, she lives up to her title being able to give up to birth in the middle of a battlefield) and I am saddened with all about Otacon, this poor bastard u__u

#33 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Hahaha, no problem my friend xD Incidentally I knew all of that about of that, I am impressed with Boss (goddamn, she lives up to her title being able to give up to birth in the middle of a battlefield) and I am saddened with all about Otacon, this poor bastard u__u

You know, I really like how well done The Boss is. She's not eye candy but, she does have beauty to her. Really like how she's a middle aged woman too since usually in video games you see younger woman? Plus, it's sad with how she had to give up her son. She has a scar on her stomach that resembles a snake.

You know, I found it cold of Kojima to admit but in a recent interview he said this:

"Most people playing MGS are closer to Otacon"

"[Otacon] Has no courage, is not heroic, constantly rejected by women"

Oof. >__< Does that hurt.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/21/hideo-kojimas-top-5-metal-gear-characters

#34 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (20792 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: You know, speaking of female characters that break the mold, I wanted to show you a video I saw earlier that actually goes in detail about this fact that most female protagonists are usually conventionally attractive while male protagonists can have more varied depictions - they can be old and grizzled, even ugly and unattractive but women must always be sexy. The show's host even went as far as to looking for an strong female protagonist that wasn't idealized in anyway and he found one: it was a giant, demonic reptilian Chaos goddess called Vertigo from a fighting game called Primal Rage. I sh*t you not, just watch this vid.

That was kinda insensitive and an implied insult O__o WTF Kojima? I mean, just because he is not a badass like Snake doesn't mean he is unlikable :( Is he referring that players are spineless losers? Otacon is a lot stronger than people would give credit to.

#35 Edited by dboyrules2011 (12077 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct - You know, it is a shame that a lot of the women in gaming are portrayed as sexy young ladies? I understand that may have to do with marketing considering the male demographic is high for gaming but, do wish there was more of a variety?

Hehe! Watching the video now. Funny with the Dante pictures. XD

Also, totally agree about the generic female protagonist. I'm gonna be honest here, I see he's using Lara Croft as an example and before the reboot? I didn't like Lara Croft. Felt like she wasn't a character that women could relate too and there's always the boob jokes about her. I do however, like Lara in the reboot since she looks more normal? Especially with her proportion. I actually wanted to save Lara during the reboot. But, I can understand where the speaker is coming from with survival.

Vertigo actually seems like a badass! I like how she's different from other females.

Bit off-topic but, one of my favorite video characters is Tifa Lockhart? She can be a bit sexualized at times with her original design and fanart but, I honestly think she's one of the well done females in gaming. But, it goes back to what the speaker said about how the female usually relies a bit on a male? Kinda like Cloud and Tifa?

Very informative video though! Thank you for sharing. =D

@dboyrules2011 - Hehe, can't wait for summer already. 0.0 Love sleeping in late.

#37 Posted by SC (12721 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice blog/review Samimista. I am glad you enjoyed. When I was playing I actually felt bad that it was so short because I knew how much you were looking forward to it. Some really sad parts, and was odd to see a relative lack of humor. I do like the new stealth features, as it feels like a nice blend of radar mini map and using a persons own skills. I like the idea that basically a good player will be rewarded for situational awareness and adds another way to play the game as far as offensively.

The character stuff was heart wrenching. The parts that made you sad made me sad too. Some awkwardness too I agree. Really can not wait for Phantom Pain now.

#38 Edited by wildvine (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

Never played any Metal Gear games myself. I save princess'es and train Pokemon and maneuver falling blocks into holes they will kinda fit in. (Its all in my resume) great review though. You're entertaining and articulate.

#39 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc - Aw thank you very much dearie! Hehe. It was very dark, wasn't it? 0.0 Have you listened to the audio tapes by any chance? I was very depressed about that. Mainly because I felt it was so unnecessary? Do agree on the stealth features! Also like the X-ray vision? Is helpful. Only grip I really have that even if you're seen once, the whole base goes on alert? =O Is such a pain taking them down! 0.0

I'm a bit apprehensive with the torture scenes in Phantom Pain since Ground Zeroes was very dark as is? But, I'm intrigued by Ishmael and Eli. Really hope Eli is you-know-who (Liquid Snake).

@wildvine - Ah thank you dearie! <3 I wish I could of found more GIFs of Big Boss' booty! Though, he doesn't really have one. D=

You are the true Pokemon master! How far are you in the game by the way? =O

#40 Posted by wildvine (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista:

Um... about for gyms in I think? Got stalled at the electric gym. Had to do some hard training with Sandile.

#41 Edited by Darling_Luna (3521 posts) - - Show Bio

: O : O

Awesome review honey bear, really cool. I don't really play MG, so nice to see insight and stuff

*puts on an afro and does the disco duck dance*

#42 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17344 posts) - - Show Bio

MAN WHY DIDN' KONAMI PUT THIS MUCH EFFORT IN CASTLEVANIA LoS 2?!?!?!?

Awesome review sami :)

#43 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine - Ah! Sandile is adorable. <3 Especially when he evolves. =D Pokemon has a lot of gameplay time. Am wondering if Pokemon Y will be out first or perhaps a Gen III remake? =O

@darling_luna - Thank you so much, kitty! =D *does the electric slide with you* To be honest, I was so unsure whether or not I'd review Ground Zeroes due to it's short length? I didn't think I'd have much to say but surprisingly I did. XD

Were you thinking of getting into the series? I think you'd like the 2nd!

@theacidskull - Ah thank you so much! ^___^ You know, I have yet to play LoS but, Caio was disappointed with the sequel? =O Have you played? The Alucard DLC looked really sweet. 0.0 Have heard Kojima himself is even involved with LoS. Was surprised to hear since I only know of Zone of the Enders he does besides Metal Gear.

#44 Edited by Darling_Luna (3521 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: I played them way back =^-^= moved on hehe *gives a sugar cube*

#45 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: I played them way back =^-^= moved on hehe *gives a sugar cube*

Aw so you have? The 3rd is my favorite but I love the piano pieces in 2? Especially Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday. Is beautiful to listen to on a rainy day! =D

http://assets.inarkansas.com/9890/brown-sugar-cupcakes.jpg

Cupcakes for all! =D

#46 Posted by wildvine (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista:

You mean Z? I hope for a gen 3 remake. Then again, I can just move my mons from gen 3 to Pearl/Diamond then trade anyway.

#47 Edited by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine - Whoops! Z indeed!

Hehe. I played Gen III sooooo much. 0.0 Especially the contests. My goodness were they fun.

Even the Pokemon Advanced anime I liked really! Max was cool. =D

#48 Posted by wildvine (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista:

Confession? I never beat Ruby/Saphire or Emerald.

#49 Posted by Darling_Luna (3521 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@darling_luna: =D Sugar is the best! It helps the medicine go down!

@wildvine: Really? =O Would you ever beat them? I know it can take really long to do so with Pokemon. Especially leveling up. xD IIRC, I had Sapphire and Emerald. Pokemon X and Y reference Gen III quite a lot. 0.0