User Lists: 1

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

That's 3 dead. It never fails. RIP Joan.

Beata

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wasn't really that familiar with her comedy.

But RIP.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By russellmania77

Pff

I never liked her

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

RIP.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:(

Wow something must be going on in the. Comedy world

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

RIP

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

:O

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

R.I.P.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

R.I.P. darling.

:(

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

That is so....shocking and really sad...to say the least.

I mean,I would just post the typical "RIP (sad face)" response,but....

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always called her the lady with the plastic face when I was little. So sad. Much memories. Many RIPs.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By consolemaster001

k

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

;~;7

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I feel sad now about here passing.She was a unique lady and one that I will remember.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Referee

"Can we talk" R.I.P.

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R.I.P.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP so much.

I loved Joan and her comedy, I'm really sad right now.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Pff

I never liked her

Same. I knew she was in character when she performed (mean spirited on stage, but a sweetheart upset) but I never found shock comedy to be funny (mostly cheap one liners). She was probably a good person, though.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I thought this was fake? Did not expect that at all.

RIP

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another legendary one bit the dust.

she will be missed.

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not nearly as sad as Robin Williams.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not nearly as sad as Robin Williams.

She was ninety, he committed suicide. I agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Legendary comedian. So adorably self deprecating and razor sharp intelligent. Favourite joke? Maybe the one where she said if it wasn't for her husband tossing and turning at night, they'd never gotten their kid.

I think my favourite story of hers was the one where she was in Central Park with her baby, chatting away with another famous female comedian who was also visiting the park with her daughter. Joan saw the little girl fall and skin her knee and watched as she ran to her nanny for comfort and help. Right then and there, she decided she would be a hands on mother and be the one whose daughter would run to for all her life. Nothing grandiose or anything, but something I find meaningful and admirable from someone who lived during a time when her gender made most things difficult and complicated, on both ends of the feminists' movement. Joan Rivers broke through a male dominated career and thrived, and did the same as a mother. She didn't let anyone or anything tell her what was right or wrong. She was her own yardstick.

Rest In Peace, madam.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I'm sorry Joan Rivers died, but I don't have any warm fuzzy feelings about her. She was most famous for making fun of people's bad fashion sense. That's not comedy; that's being a mean girl in high school.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@batwatch said:

I'm sorry Joan Rivers died, but I don't have any warm fuzzy feelings about her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Oh wow, that's awful.

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody seen "In Bed with Joan", her very recent Youtube interview series? Well...I wonder if Melissa was in bed with Joan when she stopped breathing. ZING!!!!

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Actually, she was 81...not 90 lol.

SheenLantern:You know Joan Rivers is Jewish right? And you're shocked she felt that way?

I think some people hate on her because she was one of those few comedians that wasn't always "politically correct" well personally that's too bad lol, I support that and freedom of speech not worrying about "hurting someone's feelings" It's why I loved her and Don Rickles rocks, because comedians like them don't care about being politically correct, race, gender etc. They mock/mocked everyone. Now days people get offended by everything *rolls eyes*

@referee said:

"Can we talk" R.I.P.

haha I thought the same thing. Look Who's Talking!

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...And? So is Norman Finkelstein. hasn't hampered him from rational thought. Believe it or not, it ain't the religion that makes certain people stupid and/or evil.

And you're shocked she felt that way?

Not shocked; just appalled, offended, enraged etc.

I think some people hate on her because she was one of those few comedians that wasn't always "politically correct" well personally that's too bad lol, I support that and freedom of speech not worrying about "hurting someone's feelings"

You don't seem to realise this is the equivalent of a German comedian stating without any irony that the holocaust was entirely justified. I don't even know how you can even bring yourself to defend it, let alone as immaturely.

Do you know where the modern idea of "political correctness" came from? It started as a sort of umbrella term; a colloquial manifestation of societal evolution stemming from women's suffrage and the civil rights movement. It sorta became the right wing media's go-to swear word to be used in defense of their reluctance to give up their desire to discriminate. Portraying themselves as the champions of free speech against the evil feminists and civil rights activists.

So yeah, unless that post was supposed to be a latent confession of a fascist agenda, you literally couldn't have chosen a worse possible argument.

It's why I loved her and Don Rickles rocks, because comedians like them don't care about being politically correct, race, gender etc. They mock/mocked everyone. Now days people get offended by everything *rolls eyes*

...Christ almighty....

Look, if I really have to explain the difference between correlating the desire to consume fried chicken and a person's melanin levels for the sake of flippant amusement, and the straight-faced, unironic condonement of the unbridled, unjustified genocide of countless innocents including women and children, then I think I win the argument by default due to my opponent lacking a brain.

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howard Stern has more redeemable qualities than Joan Rivers.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By legacy6364

Do I get a thread when I die?

Didn't think so.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Howard Stern? ha yeah right...he's funny but perverted and got famous via connections and a somewhat deep voice. Joan actually had talent.

@ sheenlantern:

Really now? Because thats funny since its leftwing libs who cry about political correctness with racial jokes, gay jokes etc more than anyone...so i dont buy that.

Like I said, people are too politically correct and need to LAUGH at themselves sometimes. Curious do you have issues with Rosie O' Donnell's, Baldwin's, Whoopie Goldberg and everyone else mainstream liberal political views? Because I don't quite frankly, if I like a celebrity it's cause of their actual job. I couldn't care less what they think of wars, gays etc. But just saying in her case she's jewish, and lately it's not secret the jews have been getting a lot of crap over worldwide events. Keep in mind shes bashed reps and dems alike, i dont nor ever cared what her political views are. I liked her cause shes funny. Period.

You can say Christ Almighty all you wish, it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't care what people think. I said that when Obama actually wanted an apology. Really? Who the hell is he that deems Don giving him one? Has he ever given previous celebs he jokes on or politicians apologies? Err no....so.

I take it you're unfamiliar with both comedians, they mock EVERYONE. Think of them as the South Park of comedians..if that's too much for you, I feel bad for you and feel no need to even argue something that's really common sense. I understand full well about jokes, and sadly most people now take every little thing personally when it's really not a big deal then go ahead and mock someone they feel is "joke worthy" and yet people laugh, give me a break dude...

How you get fascist agenda out of a simple, obvious statement I don't know but if you want to think that be my guest dude. I'm just stating the facts about comedians like Joan Rivers. This was also made as a RIP thread, if you want to bash her you'd be best to stop posting cause frankly I couldn't care less if you hate her. That's not what this thread is for...that all being said, freedom of speech is sonething you may want to look up.

Always has to be a kill joy in a tribute or RIP thread...SMH.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SheenLantern

@fallingcliffs:

Like I said, people are too politically correct and need to LAUGH at themselves.

What the f*** are you talking about? Did I link the wrong video or something? Because I'm pretty sure it was the one of her expressing her f***ed-up Zionist beliefs, condoning the ethnic cleansing and obliteration of Palestinians. She wasn't -kidding-, she wasn't providing lighthearted satire, she was showing herself to be the evil old bag that she was.

Curious do you have issues with Rosie O' Donnell's, Baldwin's, Whoopie Goldberg and everyone else mainstream liberal political views?

Err.....What? Now I'm wondering if you responded to the wrong person; did you even read my last reply or are you just guessing?

Here, let me show you my political compass results, and see if you can draw your own conclusion.

No Caption Provided

Because I don't quite frankly, if I like a celebrity it's cause of their actual job. I couldn't care less what they think of wars, gays etc.

I think I might have been spot on with that lack-of-a-brain thing. Who cares if a celebrity is morally reprehensible? As long as they're famous and on the telly. I'll still buy their autobiography, like their Facebook page and make R.I.P threads when they die like the mindless little sheep that I am. I'll leave all that boring politics and socio-economics to people with actual, working brains.

But just saying in her case she's jewish, and lately it's not secret the jews have been getting a lot of crap over worldwide events.

Here we go again - She's Jewish so I'm not allowed to criticize her. How often are you people going to spout this bullshit before you realise it doesn't work?

You can say Christ Almighty all you wish, it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't care what people think.

It's an expletive, Einstein.

I said that when Obama actually wanted an apology. Really? Who the hell is he that deems Don giving him one? Has he ever given previous celebs he jokes on or politicians apologies?

...What the hell are you talking about?

I take it you're unfamiliar with both comedians, they mock EVERYONE. Think of them as the South Park of comedians..if that's too much for you

Again! I had to go back and triple check I had actually linked the right video! What the f***k are you talking about?" She wasn't "mocking" Palestinians (Though that would be bad enough) she was stating, with a straight face and no irony that she believes those countless innocent Palestinian men, women and children deserve to be dead! Then you go off on me like I'm the asshole when I say she was a waste of skin and I don't care that she's dead.

I feel bad for you and feel no need to even argue something that's really common sense. I understand full well about jokes, and sadly most people now take every little thing personally when it's really not a big deal then go ahead and mock someone they feel is "joke worthy" and yet people laugh, give me a break dude...

"Joke"

"Joke"

"Joke"

Forgive me, I must have missed the "Just kidding! I'm not actually genocidally racist against Arabs, in fact I hate Israel and think Benjamin Netanyahu's a f***ing war criminal, good day!", was that in a longer version of the video or.....what?

How you get fascist agenda out of a simple, obvious statement I don't know but if you want to think that be my guest dude.

Well maybe if you'd actually read my comment rather than just skimming the footnotes....

I'm just stating the facts about comedians like Joan Rivers. This was also made as a RIP thread, if you want to bash her you'd be best to stop posting cause frankly I couldn't care less if you hate her. That's not what this thread is for...

Huh, what was that you were saying about free speech a few comments ago? Seems you're being a bit hypocritical, kinda like the aforementioned civil rights era right-wing media. Isn't it weird how history repeats itself like that?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@sheenlantern: Not even close to what I was saying, the fact that youre relying on petty insults with your 'lack of brain' comments make you sound desperate for an argument.

I read everything you said, enough to realize youre waybthe hell offbase with thus fascist, rw, political nonsense. Keep it elsewhere please. Its a rip topic, can you not read the title?

Umm again, im talking about her actual jokes, not her political or religious views or some video. You seem to be confusing the two. No I am not getting you confused by anyone else, i just asked a fair question which you seem to have dodged because you apparently are a liberal therefore why you have issues with joans views and not the aforementioned names of mainsteam Hollywood...typical.

So because someone makes a rip thread for someone you dont like, theyre 'mindless sheep' thats not a pathetic argument at all lol....wow. Wow pulling out random charts now...

Oh i know its called sarcasm, i figured you woukd have figured that out. You didnt, shrugs.

Umm when did I say you're supposed to not criticize or like her cause shes jewish? Its A rip topic....not A 'hate on joan rivers topic' Man, dont you liberals ever get tired of pulling the race cards? Its old already. Yawn.

I just dont see why youre ranting about this crap in a rip topic...really dude? stay classy. Ever hear the saying 'if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all' thats my issue.

Simple logic really.

See thatsvwhy you really should stop watching chris matthews man. Oh theres a difference between freedom of speech and flat out trolling.