#1 Edited by SithLantern93 (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately yesterday one of the guitarist of the band Slayer, Jeff Hanneman passed away due to liver failure. He is survived by his wife and by his brothers.

In honor of his memory here is one of my favorite albums of the Slayer for you fans to listen.

#2 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18071 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP

#3 Edited by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP ! Great link, thanks

#4 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

That is sad news. Rest in Peace! Wasn’t really a big fan, but I always thought they were a pretty inventive group.

@sithlantern93: You said was survived by his wife and brothers; did they pass too? Dumb questions, im sure. Just want to make sure this isn’t any more depressing than it already is.

#5 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

That is sad news. Rest in Peace! Wasn’t really a big fan, but I always thought they were a pretty inventive group.

@sithlantern93: You said was survived by his wife and brothers; did they pass too? Dumb questions, im sure. Just want to make sure this isn’t any more depressing than it already is.

I think that means that his memory carries on by his relatives. Not sure why "was" is there though.

#6 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Rest in peace.

#10 Posted by dboyrules2011 (13523 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP

#11 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP, I love Slayer. :-(

#12 Edited by SithLantern93 (2160 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobain

Nowell

and now Jeff Hanneman.

#14 Posted by WarBlade539 (4582 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P Jeff. I was shocked when I heard this. He was always the person holding the band together. One of the greatest riffmasters ever. You will be missed, brother.