#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (5920 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been rather bothering me a lot lately, and not saying that its bad or anything but. How come people want live action of comic characters vs animation style? I mean sure, some characters can do well being live action but also some characters would seem to do moreso better as animated rather then live action. Another thing, Wonder Woman has her own movie already... 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(film) 

Yes its animted, but people keep acting like she hasn't had a movie when she actually has. Now weither this is for the people not knowing that she has one, or only seeing movies as live actions I dunno. Speaking of that now...it is rather silly, saying that live action movies are moreso movies then animated ones which really doesn't make any sense, you don't need to have an actor or an actress or an actual place set in the real world to make a movie. A movie can be live action or animated. 

Anyway, just been something that has been bugging me lately animation or live action, a movie is still a movie. 

#2 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Live action adds a different effect. It makes things seem more real. With animation you can do a lot crazier stuff, but live action just makes those crazy things seem cooler because it looks like actual people are doing it. Also, comics already look kind of animated, so animated movies just look like motion comics sorta. Live action versions of comics just seem more different.

#3 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

But did the animated movie ever have a cinematic release? Did it have trailers which were widely seen? Was there casting news? Did it get a lot of publicity? e.t.c.

IMO (and what most people seem to define a movie as) Wonder Woman has yet to have a movie based on her. Of course, I'm not saying that the animated version isn't a movie. It just isn't what most people are counting when people discuss the absence of a Wonder Woman movie.

I do like that movie though....now we just need a live-action one.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (29242 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it makes us (me) feel like the character is being officially recognized in some way.

#5 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

theres already a wonder woman movie out [wonder woman: balance of power [starring michelle oneil] and it was made before the animated one arrived :-)

just saying

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19873 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi said:

Live action adds a different effect. It makes things seem more real. With animation you can do a lot crazier stuff, but live action just makes those crazy things seem cooler because it looks like actual people are doing it. Also, comics already look kind of animated, so animated movies just look like motion comics sorta. Live action versions of comics just seem more different.

I agree with this.