Pyramids??

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zee crusher

I never really noticed it but some are 450ft high right and the blocks could weigh from 2,000 tons some 15,000 tons the heaviest 70,000tons. Thats a heck of alot to be put togther and built imagine how many people actually had to lift those things. I even have a pick but its from marvel every thing else up their is true fact but in marvel thor with the odin force throwing a pyramid at surtur imagine the weight on that?? You never really notice some of those things and how machies weren't even used for them even the wheel which came 1000 years later.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

it was all because of the aliens lol jk

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hawk

zee crusher says:

"I never really noticed it but some are 450ft high right and the blocks could weigh from 2,000 tons some 15,000 tons the heaviest 70,000tons. Thats a heck of alot to be put togther and built imagine how many people actually had to lift those things. I even have a pick but its from marvel every thing else up their is true fact but in marvel thor with the odin force throwing a pyramid at surtur imagine the weight on that?? You never really notice some of those things and how machies weren't even used for them even the wheel which came 1000 years later."

uh no..... they had levers and pullies and wheels...... and cranes. Where did you NOT get you info?

"has suggested a method for rolling the stones, using a cradle-like machine that had been excavated in various New Kingdom temples. Four of those objects could be fitted around a block so it could be rolled easily."..."It has also been suggested that Egyptians might have moved the stones with wind power, relying on kites and pulleys rather than huge numbers of slaves"

But yes they are great

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zee crusher

Nighthunter says:

"it was all because of the aliens lol jk"

I probably would believe you lol.

weather witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By weather witch

i think they r pretty...in a weird sorta way...dam can u imagine how many people died building those things!!!

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zee crusher

Hawk says:

"zee crusher says:
"I never really noticed it but some are 450ft high right and the blocks could weigh from 2,000 tons some 15,000 tons the heaviest 70,000tons. Thats a heck of alot to be put togther and built imagine how many people actually had to lift those things. I even have a pick but its from marvel every thing else up their is true fact but in marvel thor with the odin force throwing a pyramid at surtur imagine the weight on that?? You never really notice some of those things and how machies weren't even used for them even the wheel which came 1000 years later."
uh no..... they had levers and pullies and wheels...... and cranes. Where did you NOT get you info? "has suggested a method for rolling the stones, using a cradle-like machine that had been excavated in various New Kingdom temples. Four of those objects could be fitted around a block so it could be rolled easily."..."It has also been suggested that Egyptians might have moved the stones with wind power, relying on kites and pulleys rather than huge numbers of slaves" But yes they are great "

That stuff came later for the other pyramids the other first ones where dragged they used clay and such from the nile river to make some of the pyramids then also used peoples old houses as well. You are right but i'm not talking about those one thats 1000years laters when the europeans introduced it into africa. Also they used rope they had 500,000,000 workers they worked 6 months of every year and the kings had to pay them all where did you get some of your info from??

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hawk

500,000,000 did you put in to many zeros? And even the one that were dragged where done so on sleds.

weather witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By weather witch

man i could build a pyrimd by MYSELF!!!!lol

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hawk

weather witch says:

"man i could build a pyrimd by MYSELF!!!!lol"

you couldn't even spell pyramids. lol

weather witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By weather witch

Hawk says:

"weather witch says:
"man i could build a pyrimd by MYSELF!!!!lol"
you couldn't even spell pyramids. lol "

hahahahaha omg that was funny as hell!!! man u got me there

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hawk

zee crusher says:

"By the way its half a billion if you were wondering."

d@ng!

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zee crusher

Hawk says:

"500,000,000 did you put in to many zeros? And even the one that were dragged where done so on sleds. "

Thats no random number i think it was king Zarzor i forget lol but hes the king that was said by his enemies to sell his daughter to finish his pyramind and which ment to pay all those workers. I'm think your right about sleds but even then few thousands pounds is pretty damn hard to move nothing has been built like the pyraminds till this day we've used machines which are smarter faster and easier lol but pretty amazing thought.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zee crusher

By the way its half a billion if you were wondering.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zee crusher

Hawk says:

"zee crusher says:
"By the way its half a billion if you were wondering."
d@ng! "

Hell of alot of people to pay lol and they only worked months of the year thats pretty good thats like a teachers job work during year get paid then during summer they don't work and get paid. Except the egyptains didn't get paid.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By King_Saturn

The aliens built the pyramids.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Rotten gun

actually we all helped in one of our past lives...

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Noooooooo. King Saturn did not just say that o_0 ... The pharaoh's name was Djoser btw, and Imhotep, the multigenious, his advisor, was the designer of the pyramids, and ancient Egyptian stone masons were the builders. Sheesh.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nick_hero22

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

People who say that aliens had to do with the pyramids (lookin' at you, half the guys on History Channel) seriously underestimate the ingenuity and engineering abilities of the ancient Egyptians.

And slaves. Lots and lots of slaves.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nick_hero22

@JediXMan said:

People who say that aliens had to do with the pyramids (lookin' at you, half the guys on History Channel) seriously underestimate the ingenuity and engineering abilities of the ancient Egyptians.

I don't think they used slaves to build the pyramids, from what I heard Egyptian citizens were used to construct them as a form of paying their taxes.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@nick_hero22 said:

@JediXMan said:

I don't think they used slaves to build the pyramids, from what I heard Egyptian citizens were used to construct them as a form of paying their taxes.

Almost positive slaves played a part, but no, I'm not 100% certain.

But it is definitely a fallacy to assume people manually lifted these 2,000 pound blocks. They used sleds and rather inventive techniques to haul them up ramps to the site.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nick_hero22

@JediXMan said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@JediXMan said:

Almost positive slaves played a part, but no, I'm not 100% certain.

But it is definitely a fallacy to assume people manually lifted these 2,000 pound blocks. They used sleds and rather inventive techniques to haul them up ramps to the site.

I'm sure they would have made use of some sort of construction to help haul the stones.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I built them, with my utility belt, and before you say that I wasn't born at the time read the return of bruce wayne.