#1 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3510 posts) - - Show Bio

From the Sex Pistols to Against Me!, from folk all the way to anarchopunk, this is a thread for those who love punk rock, the angry rantings of a lost generation.

#2 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7765 posts) - - Show Bio

I use to love punk music. I don't listen to it as much. But I still like bands such as Black Flag, Minor Threat, Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, The Adolescents, Rancid, Sex Pistols...

#3 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4237 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12714 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone chimes in on this thread with some band like "My Chemical Romance" I will put my fist through the computer screen, assimilate radio waves, hunt them down and beat them to death...

Seriously, I was raised on Punk Rock due to my older sisters and finding that punk really only existed in the late 70's early 80's, everything else is just not the same, not saying its bad music or anything...just not a great as the originators

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33099 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I love modern punk rock which has been declared off limits in a thread about appreciating punk rock within less then five posts, I'm impressed

That said, I do love some punk rock from the 70's as well (The Clash, Sex Pistols, etc.) but I'm not one to define my music by genre because the genres really mean little to me (I change all the genres in my iTunes library to "Musical")

#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3510 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost: Punk is still alive, Aztec. Whatever your tastes, feel welcome and share with us. Didn't you read the OP? Hell, I included folk punk!
#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: Give me a list of acceptable punk rock bands, albums, songs, etc. and I can tell you which ones I like :P

Really, musical genres are kind of difficult for me to comprehend because most bands/albums aren't placed in a single genre and a lot of genres are a combination of other genres.

#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really more into Hardcore, but I do appreciate some Punk music. I'll contribute. 

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sex Pistols and Billy Talent(if you consider them) are probably the only Punk Rock bands I listen to.

#11 Posted by Lunacyde (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

I love all kinds of punk sub genres.

It would take too long to list all the bands i enjoy.

#12 Posted by EugeneSaxe (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

If anyone chimes in on this thread with some band like "My Chemical Romance" I will put my fist through the computer screen, assimilate radio waves, hunt them down and beat them to death...

Seriously, I was raised on Punk Rock due to my older sisters and finding that punk really only existed in the late 70's early 80's...

THANK YOU!

#13 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Misfits.

#14 Posted by Lunacyde (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Seriously, I was raised on Punk Rock due to my older sisters and finding that punk really only existed in the late 70's early 80's, everything else is just not the same, not saying its bad music or anything...just not a great as the originators

My Chemical Romance, despite their pop ballads make some damn fine music. I wouldn't classify it as "punk" in the same vein as The Sex Pistols or Ramones, but it's a modern sub genre offshoot of punk.

Honestly Social Distortion is probably my favorite band of all time.

#15 Edited by Lunacyde (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

In no specific order....and I know some people may not consider these bands punk but I don't give a rats ass.

Social Distortion

The Misfits

Blitzkid

The Clash

Bad Religion

The Adolescents

Calabrese

Mister Monster

Against Me!

Rise Against

Rancid

Time Again

Streetlight Manifesto

The Unseen

88 Fingers Louie

Anti-Flag

Flogging Molly

The Ramones

The Tossers

Dropkick Murphy's

The Real McKenzies

My Chemical Romance

The Gallows

AFI (Mostly Early)

Alkaline Trio

The Banner

Billy Talent

The Code

The Distillers

Drive By Truckers

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Less Than Jake

.......and I'm tired of writing them out...

#16 Posted by The Stegman (24077 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:  

MCR isn't punk...by any means...but they do make amazing music...so lay off or else i'll give you a wedgie!...via the internet!
#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12714 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@cattlebattle:

MCR isn't punk...by any means...but they do make amazing music...so lay off or else i'll give you a wedgie!...via the internet!

I never said there music was bad, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy many of their songs. As a long time fan of punk rock it irks me when bands like them and Blink 182 get called punk rock because their merchandise and likeness are sold at Hot Topic......

Real Punk wasn't about anything in particular, many different bands stood for different things and had many different sounds, however it was important that you went to the live shows and embraced the lifestyle that accompanied it, younger kids these days wear some black and have all the Ramones songs on their Iphone and consider themselves goth or punk....laughable. Punk music was always sort of an oxymoron of what it stood for anyways, thats my belief in what I stated before about hasn't really existed since the 80's

#18 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3510 posts) - - Show Bio

The local Fest just announced it's lineup, and I got excited :)

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33099 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by nickthedevil (12152 posts) - - Show Bio

Suicidal Tendencies + Ramones for me. All. The. Way.

#23 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the old school stuff from the 70's and early 80's. The early Kennedys or Minor Threat for example..

#24 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps: Have I said You're awesome!! xD

#28 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: You're awesome. I've had Song #1 on repeat since you've made it so convenient to listen to. xD

#30 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps: WOO! xD

#31 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: ^.^

#32 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

They certainly have better and more famous songs but i thought i'd share some lesser known songs.

#34 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Was half expecting someone to post a Blink 182 video or MxPx.

But well done, you guys are pretty, pretty cool in my book.

#37 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

bumpity bump

#38 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill Kill! Kill Kill! Killin The Poor! We're Kill Kill Kill Kill! Killin the poor!

#39 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Kill Kill! Kill Kill! Killin The Poor! We're Kill Kill Kill Kill! Killin the poor!

:D

#40 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

<3

#41 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@X35 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

<3

*sigh* Memories. I used to have a Kill the Poor back patch. Got a lot of sht for it. xD

#42 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@X35 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

<3

*sigh* Memories. I used to have a Kill the Poor back patch. Got a lot of sht for it. xD

the DK's will always be sacred. Along with Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee and Tommy Ramone of course

#43 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@X35 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

<3

<3

I used to have a NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF one... that was a bit more... well received xD

#44 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@X35 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

<3

<3

I used to have a NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF one... that was a bit more... well received xD

You two are going to be followed here shortly just an account of having good taste :D

#45 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: Right back at cha. :]

#46 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@Glitch_Spawn: Right back at cha. :]

#47 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

p.s. the DKs kinda... stink... without jello

#48 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

p.s. the DKs kinda... stink... without jello

Amen to that.

#49 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

and on that note

#50 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that things are getting tougher when you can't get the top off the bottom of the barrel...