Psychology

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tranquil

Is it worthy of study? Can you make a lot of money as a psychologist? Opinions people.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By infonation

@Tranquil: As far as I know, it's all about helping people and being paid for it!

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By minigunman123

I personally don't think much of it works to help people.

I believe it pays well if you get your MD though.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@Tranquil said:

Is it worthy of study? Can you make a lot of money as a psychologist? Opinions people.

Worthy study and Psychiatrist make great money. Psychology is at the forefront of future health care.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tranquil

Psychiatrist makes more then a Psychologist?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Tranquil: One involves a medical degree and can prescribe medication. The other involves some training, but not med school, and they cannot prescribe medication.

NEITHER should be undertaken as a profession unless one really, REALLY cares to help people. If one messes up, people could die.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blood1991

@Tranquil said:

Psychiatrist makes more then a Psychologist?

Yes they can prescribe medication and deal with more intense mental illness.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed my Psych class last semester and love the subject but couldn't take it up as a profession because I'm just not a people person

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

I enjoyed my Psych class last semester and love the subject but couldn't take it up as a profession because I'm just not a people person

You can explore the science aspect. My friend is working her way towards a degree and has no intention of treating patients. She hopes to do criminal profiling and learning why a person committing a crime did it in the first place.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Icarusflies said:

@Tranquil: One involves a medical degree and can prescribe medication. The other involves some training, but not med school, and they cannot prescribe medication.

NEITHER should be undertaken as a profession unless one really, REALLY cares to help people. If one messes up, people could die.

I feel this particular part really needs to be REPEATED and STRESSED

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

You can explore the science aspect. My friend is working her way towards a degree and has no intention of treating patients. She hopes to do criminal profiling and learning why a person committing a crime did it in the first place.

That actually sounds like a great plan

dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By dtm1980

@Tranquil:

If you're serious about wanting to learn it without needing it to lead onto paid work, it is a very helpful thing to educate yourself in. But then it goes hand in hand with Sociology; the means to understand society and how to help it progress. Both subjects aren't only useful in the medical profession or law but also in many forms of media, marketing and consumerism and then they're just really useful to help you get on in life. I took a big interest in it after having two sessions of counselling (aka behavioural therapy) and studying media. Very clever stuff if you're a writer too!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

It's a worthy topic to learn. It's applicable everywhere and can be referred to in lots of professions. But to make a career out of it, like others said, so incredibly important the intent is truly to help people, not the salary.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blood1991

@redbird3rdboywonder: Yeah, unlike me she has her sh!t together XD. Glad to help.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sherlock

@Tranquil: Psychology as a study is interesting enough.I get a lot of enjoyment personally out of reading psychology texts.

Psychologists dont actually make anything worth noting.My cousin got a degree in the field and has to go back to school since she cant find a good job with said degree.

Shrinks on the other hand make a bundle.I dont much care for them since they make money off of convincing normal people that they have mental illnesses and get them shot full of pills they dont need (That is not to say this is always the case)

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Aronmorales

I find psychology to be a sort of super power to be honest; when one knows even a few tricks of the mind they can either use it to help people overcome problems, or abuse it for personal gain.

fad3d_princ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fad3d_princ3

@Tranquil: It actually depends on which sub-field you may want to take under psychology