PS3???

Avatar image for incrediblesplosions
IncredibleSplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I might have quite a bit of money coming to me soon. I'm going to be responsible and buy things like clothes, a new pair of chuck taylors, all that good stuff. If I have any left over...should I get a PS3??? I really love Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of two Worlds and I'm dying off to play Batman: Arkham Asylum (because I never got to play it...why I don't know.) as well as Batman: Arkham City. I'm not trying to start a console flame war here or anything. I've made up my mind that if I'm going to get a gaming console, it's going to be a PS3 because it has a 3D Blu Ray player built in through firmware updates. I mean, video games used to interest me, but as of recently every game that's put out seems to me like it's been done over and over again. Like certain first person shooters. There's only so many enemies I can shoot in video games before I become bored. It just seems like I've seen all there is to offer with video games and I don't want to waste money on something I'm only going to play occasionally. What would you guys (and girls) do?

I like things that make me think because I'm such a deep thinker. Blasting away at terrorists, zombies, aliens, etc...is boring to me after a while. It feels so shallow with no rich story to be told. I just don't know if I should get a PS3. On the upside: Marvel vs Capcom 2 is on the Playstation Network along with Marvel Pinball. I love pinball.

TitsteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TitsteR

Get it. Your pay check is bigger than the cost of the PS3.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
go for it... Playstation 3 is a Great System
TitsteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TitsteR

You should get a free trail of Netflix too.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By GTG12

Good system and good game choice. Mortal Kombat is a good fighting game as well. What is your favorite team on mvc3?

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Noctis

Get the Ps3, it's a damn good system. And if you do, I highly recommend you to get the Uncharted series as well as the inFamous series. Both are really fun to play, and have superb story telling. There are other great games like LittleBigPlanet, ModNation, God of War etc. FREE online plying. And most of all, it doesn't have repetitive first person shooters, lol.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Dex_Starr

@IncredibleSplosions:No, I have a PS3 and besides Uncharted it isn't worth crap, the online is terrible also.

I recommend getting a gaming PC instead, it may cost more but it's so much better, if you need to get a console get a 360.

KungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KungFu

PC gaming is only for MMORPGs and FPS so it really depends on what kind of gamer you are. PS3 and X-B360 are just as good, but PS3 has higher potential gaming intuition and experience compared to the PC and XB360. For example: REAL 3D TV.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad

I love PS3 but I would suggest a 360 instead. Why? Better graphics for most of the multiplat games. Better exclusives as well (GOW > Killzone, Forza > GT, etc). But if you have the cash, why not get both? There are also great exclusives for the PS3 (Uncharted, MGS4, Infamous, Heavy Rain, etc). Getting all 3 (including PC) would give you one helluva library of games.

I would also suggest what Hohenheim had said. Get a PC. It's the ideal time to get one. Why? Cause getting one some years after the release of a generation (PS3 and X360 are gen 7) would ensure you would get the better graphics compared to consoles. And it would allow you to only have minimal upgrades to equal consoles when the next gen comes out. Plus mods and add-ons are miles more bountiful in PCs.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Neverpraying

PS3 or Xbox360 both are great systems.

Just don't buy a Wii.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

I've got a PS3 and an Xbox 360 and I honestly love both....it's great that you've already made up your mind though and don't let anyone change it for you....I definitely think you should get the Uncharted series...they're all amazing games and I can't wait to get my hands on the third...until then I'm killing time enjoying the heck out of the megaserver on DC Universe Online....it's going Free to Play soon so I would also recommend getting that

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danhimself

@IncredibleSplosions: it sure is...it launches sometime this month but they haven't given an exact date...but the cool thing is that if you get it before that then you get the free 30 trial period ...if you do get it then hit me up...my PSN is danhimself and my character on DCUO is Emerald Glare

LittleSocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By LittleSocrates

PS3s are pretty great! Good games to start with, too.

BlackRoseTessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlackRoseTessa

i so love my ps3 , im on it all the time lol , with dcuo becomeing free to play its a good time , but you wont be able to get far when level 30 without becomeing a legendary member . i can see you like hawk man , there is a great hawk man pvp armour that you can use the style of on the hero side . i would also surjest , going for psn plus ,its £40 a year but you get games , avatars and a lot of good discounts every month , it works out you do fget a lot more then you pay . im blackrosetessa

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mekboy

Make a list of games you're interested in. Get it if you think it's a justified purchase.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF

I say get it. I use to be a big video game player as well as my brothers. I got the XBox during the last generation of consoles that came out but this time switched. Im a big movie buff so im glad i got the PS3. I now only play video games for a couple hours probably every other month but i still watch a couple movies a week with my wife. The PS3 is the best device i have in my house.

My brothers both got Xbox 360 and while they used to play it all the time both of their systems have been sitting off and unplayed with for probably 5 months or longer. They watch tv and movies but have no real use for their Xbox 360's any more.My little brother hasnt played his since December last year when he got home from collage.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By cyberninja

If you like your account being hacked then by all means go ahead and buy PS3. 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

It comes down to exclusives really and from what you said, you seem like the type of person that might like a game like MGS4.

Asino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Asino

YOU HAVE TO PLAY UNCHARTED!

Asino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asino
@IncredibleSplosions: the first one is pretty good but Among Thieves is revolutionary! 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By nefarious

PS3 is a beastly system.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions: Get the Playstation. You want story rich games? Three words: Metal Gear Solid.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp
@IncredibleSplosions: Yes, well the thing is that the Metal Gear Solid is a very different experience than what is usual in games. It not that you necessarily have to be a thinker, but that it helps the experience. Kind of like Shadow of the Colossus.
Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have all 3 systems and I prefer the 360 for gaming and the PS3 for watching movies and such. Don't get me wrong the PS3 is a great system but the PSN has constant problems and the servers aren't that great for a lot of the games. When you do find a good server though its just as fun as the 360.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReVamp
@IncredibleSplosions said:

@ReVamp: You could say that I'm an extremely deep thinker. I analyze everything to the last detail and tear it apart with my mind.

If its as you say, I think MGS4 would be a good game for you... Could be wrong, but I don't think so...
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp: I've never played any of the other games in that franchise. Would I get the same rich experience as others that have played those games???

Brutally Honest: No. You won't. Anyone who tells you different is lying. You CAN however, and this is what I did, get to understand the story and then play the game, for maximum rich experience. I did so in a series Called Retrospective or something of the sort at Gametrailers.com. That rich story is pretty much what sold me on the game.
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By utotheg38

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@IncredibleSplosions:No, I have a PS3 and besides Uncharted it isn't worth crap, the online is terrible also.

I recommend getting a gaming PC instead, it may cost more but it's so much better, if you need to get a console get a 360.

lol cool story bro.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

I've got a PS3 and an Xbox 360 and I honestly love both....it's great that you've already made up your mind though and don't let anyone change it for you....I definitely think you should get the Uncharted series...they're all amazing games and I can't wait to get my hands on the third...until then I'm killing time enjoying the heck out of the megaserver on DC Universe Online....it's going Free to Play soon so I would also recommend getting that

I checked out DC Universe Online and it looks fun as hell. What comes with the Collector's Edition??? Did you say they were raising the cap beyond 30???

I'm not really sure what comes with the Collector's Edition...I think it might just come with a little Batman statue....as for the level cap...I would guess that it won't be to much longer before they raise it but they haven't said anything yet...word is there's another expansion coming in November so we'll see

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mekboy

@IncredibleSplosions: You're welcome

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@ReVamp said:

@ReVamp: I've never played any of the other games in that franchise. Would I get the same rich experience as others that have played those games???

Brutally Honest: No. You won't. Anyone who tells you different is lying. You CAN however, and this is what I did, get to understand the story and then play the game, for maximum rich experience. I did so in a series Called Retrospective or something of the sort at Gametrailers.com. That rich story is pretty much what sold me on the game.

Getting all four of the main games will help you get the rich experience. Just play them in order.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions: It's not out yet. It comes out November. They have the second and third one in that set. However they also have the original PSX release available on the Playstation Network. The four games all together should run you.... $80 at maximum.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions:It's fine. I just feel you should experience the joys of Metal Gear Solid as I have. Wonderful series.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions: Nah. I used to be like that. Now I love anime.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions: Johnny Quest is kind of like anime as is Thundercats and Thundarr the Barabarian. I love those myself though. LoL.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions: Never watched GI JOE. Give some anime a chance. It's worth it. Check out a couple of my favorites, like Death Note and Bleach. Great series, but Death Note has a better story.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions: Trust me, you'll like it.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@IncredibleSplosions: Alright dude. Have fun.

AquaDCman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By AquaDCman

I know you like comicvine but this question is for giantbomb

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@AquaDCman: Does it really matter where he asks it? it's in the off-topic section so it's cleared.

@IncredibleSplosions: Nice. Congratulations. (I'm guessing engagement).

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ssejllenrad

@IncredibleSplosions: 320 is obviously more expensive but when you look at it, it's worth every penny. You can fill up your hard drive with all the HD films and stuff like that without worrying about capacity.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By danhimself

@IncredibleSplosions: what's the price difference between the two?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself: nevermind I just looked...there's about a hundred dollar difference....go with the lesser sized hard drive then go to www.newegg.com and get this....you now have a faster, bigger PS3 for less...you're welcome!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By danhimself

@IncredibleSplosions: see the post above yours

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By danhimself

@IncredibleSplosions: yeah I kind of wish that I hadn't just replaced mine with a 320gb a few months ago...oh well I still have a launch model PS3 with backwards compatibility :)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By danhimself

@IncredibleSplosions: there are a lot available for download that you can purchase from the Playstation Store...not a lot of good ones but they're there...and with that 500gb hard drive you'll be able to fill your hard drive up with tons of em

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself: I should have known this before I bought my 320 GB PS3.... Now I'm feeling bad... :(

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad: yeah it's what I tell anyone interested in buying a PS3...get one with the smallest hard drive you can find and buy a huge laptop hard drive...they're so easy to replace...you tell the PS3 to back up it's files...it does...then you take the old one out and put in the new one...tell the ps3 to format it and you're done

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself: Is there a limit to the hd size? Cause I'm planning to buy a 2TB hard disk.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad: not that I know of...as long as it's a laptop hard drive... 2.5" drive...not a desktop hard drive...they won't fit