Pros and cons with getting married or staying single.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bio Guyver

You own and control your money when you're a single male, and if you are a married male, you don't get as much control over money that your wife gets.

If you are a single woman, you own all the money. If you are a married woman, you still own and control most of the money. 

Women>Men. This is based from what I mostly see from marriages and people who are single.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rogue_mar1e
@Bio Guyver: muahahahaaa female domination >:P
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Being single you have only your will and finances dictating what you can do with marriage add wife to the mix.

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By hdorman1
@Bio Guyver: its extreme feminism 
people are giving women all the power and putting us red blooded males in the shade
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bio Guyver
@hdorman1 said:
"@Bio Guyver: its extreme feminism people are giving women all the power and putting us red blooded males in the shade "
Someone needs to begin a "Men's Equal Rights Movement."

@rogue_mar1e
said:
"@Bio Guyver: muahahahaaa female domination >:P "

V_V 

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By sexy_merc

I'm still not ready for marriage...lol, but I've been happily unmarried with the same girl for about 2 years now, and I don't know where I'd be without her.

Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tomokata
@Bio Guyver: Then that's the man's fault for not being more assertive with the financials.  It's his wife's fault he's whipped? 

Marriage is not for everyone.  If you're happy being single, cool.  If you're happy with the idea of marriage or being married, cool.  I've been married for a while and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Don't get me wrong, we do not have this state of wedded utopian bliss, but it works for us, and I'm overall happy with marriage in general and who I married in specific. 

Quite frankly, I'd be lost without my husband and yes, the cliche is true, I want to grow old with him.  And there are other benefits, which I will not get into as it has been specifically requested we keep the conversation appropriate.  ;)
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator  Online

Being Single

Do what you want, when you want with whoever you want (unless you still live with your parents xD) 
You dont have to deal with the drama that comes with being in a relationship. 

Being Married

...well I'm not married, so i wouldnt konw the pro's for this xD 

I guess.... you always have someone to wake up with in the morning? O_o and... you get more money if you two share the same back account xD and... um.... OH! if your the girl, you get to wear a fancy ring xP

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator  Online
@Edamame said:
" @Feral Nova: I wonder if there is a way to avoid any sort of drama in a marriage. Is it possible or am I dreaming too much? "
O_o maybe if you live in the Twilight Zone! :D 

other than that.... you'll never be able to escape drama! BWWWHAHAHAHAHAHA! xP
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bio Guyver
@Tomokata said:
" @Bio Guyver: Then that's the man's fault for not being more assertive with the financials.  It's his wife's fault he's whipped?  Marriage is not for everyone.  If you're happy being single, cool.  If you're happy with the idea of marriage or being married, cool.  I've been married for a while and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Don't get me wrong, we do not have this state of wedded utopian bliss, but it works for us, and I'm overall happy with marriage in general and who I married in specific.  Quite frankly, I'd be lost without my husband and yes, the cliche is true, I want to grow old with him.  And there are other benefits, which I will not get into as it has been specifically requested we keep the conversation appropriate.  ;) "
I know, I agree lol.

Isn't that what marriage is all about? =p
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tomokata
@Edamame: LOL!!!! 

Well, suffice to say he keeps me well satisfied and I do my very best to do the same for him. 

@Bio Guyver: I think it should be.  I also frequent a few other forums and there was a long marriage thread on one the other day.  From so many of the responses in it the only thing they were talking about was sex.  It made me a sad panda.
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bio Guyver
@Tomokata said:
" @Edamame: LOL!!!! 

Well, suffice to say he keeps me well satisfied and I do my very best to do the same for him. 

@Bio Guyver: I think it should be.  I also frequent a few other forums and there was a long marriage thread on one the other day.  From so many of the responses in it the only thing they were talking about was sex.  It made me a sad panda. "
Welcome to the minority and resistance. At least you're old skool lol.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Magian

It depends on the person. Some people likes to be singles, others are happy to be married.
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bio Guyver
@Edamame said:
" Well, "it" does increase life expectancy, you know. "
Or, it just plain kills you.

Number one way to die from the show, "1,000 ways to Die."
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tomokata
@Edamame:  Bearing in mind I have never been divorced, so most of this is based on friends and family experiences...

That's generally determined on a state to state basis.  In California, for example, once you're married it's fifty-fifty, period, unless you have a pre-nuptial agreement.  In other states you get what you can prove you put into the marriage.  Cost is determined on how expensive your lawyer is, how much the division of the assets is contested between the two, and custody issues.  If it's just two people who want to never see each other again and have it worked out between themselves, then you can generally get a divorce for the cost of the lawyer without having to go to court.  The least expensive divorce I know of was $800, no kids, no asset division issues, the couple had worked it all out in advance and just had the lawyers make it legal.  What I signed was the marriage license and the marriage certificate, which legally made our household a taxable married household, I can see my husband if he's in ICU, etc.   

Most of the legal implications are financial.  Joint taxes, bank accounts, loans, vehicles, mortgages in both names, and so forth and so on.  In some states, any debt the two of you accrue during the marriage becomes the responsibility of both upon divorce.  Some real nasty horror stories regarding that one. 

@Bio Guyver:  Yeah, I r an old fashioned kind of girl.  My ideas on how to support my husband tend to horrify some of my more feminist friends.  ;) 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Magian
@Edamame:
Of course there are. If you are a single person, you can do whatever you want. In a marriage you have to compromise. But if you are happy with what you have then there is no problem.
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bio Guyver
@Tomokata said:
" @Edamame:  Bearing in mind I have never been divorced, so most of this is based on friends and family experiences...

That's generally determined on a state to state basis.  In California, for example, once you're married it's fifty-fifty, period, unless you have a pre-nuptial agreement.  In other states you get what you can prove you put into the marriage.  Cost is determined on how expensive your lawyer is, how much the division of the assets is contested between the two, and custody issues.  If it's just two people who want to never see each other again and have it worked out between themselves, then you can generally get a divorce for the cost of the lawyer without having to go to court.  The least expensive divorce I know of was $800, no kids, no asset division issues, the couple had worked it all out in advance and just had the lawyers make it legal.  What I signed was the marriage license and the marriage certificate, which legally made our household a taxable married household, I can see my husband if he's in ICU, etc.   

Most of the legal implications are financial.  Joint taxes, bank accounts, loans, vehicles, mortgages in both names, and so forth and so on.  In some states, any debt the two of you accrue during the marriage becomes the responsibility of both upon divorce.  Some real nasty horror stories regarding that one. 

@Bio Guyver:  Yeah, I r an old fashioned kind of girl.  My ideas on how to support my husband tend to horrify some of my more feminist friends.  ;)  "
You have feminist friends? O.o

Jumps behind couch 

No offense to any feminist, but I can't seem to talk to any of you lol.
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tomokata
@Bio Guyver: Oh no no no, not me.  A man opens a door for me I smile and say "Thank you", not whip out my Anti-Man League Card and start screaming "YOU SEXIST PIG YOU THINK I CAN'T OPEN A DOOR FOR MYSELF IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK?!" 

And yeah, so far as "it" extending your life, I figure I'll live to be about 200.  :) 

It's not just about compromise all the time, it's nice having someone going through everything with you, particularly in today's economy.  I'm not out there all alone, we lean on each other.  Yeah, I could do it on my own, I just don't want to and don't see any need to do so when I have so compatible a partner. 

Again, this is for me, not everyone.  I have many single friends who have absolutely no desire to be anything other than single, and they're happy with that.  I'm happy they're happy.  
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bio Guyver
@Tomokata said:
" @Bio Guyver: Oh no no no, not me.  A man opens a door for me I smile and say "Thank you", not whip out my Anti-Man League Card and start screaming "YOU SEXIST PIG YOU THINK I CAN'T OPEN A DOOR FOR MYSELF IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK?!"  And yeah, so far as "it" extending your life, I figure I'll live to be about 200.  :)  It's not just about compromise all the time, it's nice having someone going through everything with you, particularly in today's economy.  I'm not out there all alone, we lean on each other.  Yeah, I could do it on my own, I just don't want to and don't see any need to do so when I have so compatible a partner.  Again, this is for me, not everyone.  I have many single friends who have absolutely no desire to be anything other than single, and they're happy with that.  I'm happy they're happy.   "
I heard all feminist are Amazonians, like Wonder Woman.

Yeah, I agree. It isn't for everyone. Some people feel better staying career-driven and single, rather than being married and family-driven. You can still be career-driven if you're married, though.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Single = Want 
Commitment =  Remorse 

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bio Guyver
@Edamame said:
" @Bio Guyver said:
" @Edamame said:
" Well, "it" does increase life expectancy, you know. "
Or, it just plain kills you.  Number one way to die from the show, "1,000 ways to Die." "
I don´t think you know what I mean by "it".

@Tomokata said:
" @Edamame:  Bearing in mind I have never been divorced, so most of this is based on friends and family experiences...

@Bio Guyver:  Yeah, I r an old fashioned kind of girl.  My ideas on how to support my husband tend to horrify some of my more feminist friends.  ;)  "

Well, the joint taxes might be a benefit because the money is being pooled and you are not paying for tha taxes on your own.  

@ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame: Of course there are. If you are a single person, you can do whatever you want. In a marriage you have to compromise. But if you are happy with what you have then there is no problem. "

Well, that I knew, but I thought you had specific facts.  Like certain legal and financial facts.  

@Bio Guyver said:
" @Tomokata said:

You have feminist friends? O.o

Jumps behind couch   No offense to any feminist, but I can't seem to talk to any of you lol. "
LOL. Make sure to hold the door for them.  = D  "
We talking about what I think we are lol?

I always do =p
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Magian
@Edamame:
No, sorry, not that kind of facts. But as Tomokata said, some people feel good that they have someone with them especially these days.
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tomokata
@Edamame: When a friend of mine does the whole open the door type of thing for a woman and she freaks out at him, he simply replies, "I'm sorry, I mistook you for one of those, you know, polite and intelligent individuals.  I will not make the same mistake again.  Good day." 

One woman followed him through a department store haranguing him, one of the ladies at the Clinique counter called security on her. 

He and the the Clinique lady have been dating for three months. 

/yeah yeah, cool story 

The tax situation is a double edged sword, as you can get better tax credits sometimes filing as joint.  However, as the higher income brackets are getting more heavily taxed, I know a few married couples who file separately.  They pay less taxes that way.  Also, if you think your spouse has been taking care of the taxes and suddenly you find out suddenly they're not, divorced or no, they will come after you, even if the divorce proceedings started well before the non-payment of taxes.
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tomokata
@Edamame: It's a rarity, but it's out there.  It can happen, although it's hard to believe in today's society.  For my husband and I we've come up with diverse ways to keep things fresh and new (and thereby exciting).  Yes, yes, I've seen all the arguments about how we're not biologically built for monogamy, blah blah blah.  Not buying it.  If you don't want to be in a monogamous relationship, that's fine, just don't say it's because you have no choice in the matter.   

Again, I think it comes down to there needing to be something more than just kinda sorta getting along and having fabulous sex.  You have to work at it.  That includes in the bedroom.
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tomokata
@Edamame: The children aspect of marriage...sadly this is coming up more and more.  People go into a relationship with one plan and then one partner will change their mind.  It can be verra messy. 

I do know people who are not having children specifically because of the current economic situation.  They're afraid of being laid off and are deciding to wait until it stabilizes. 

As far as one person wanting children and their partner not...well...money can be used as a reason either way, but I think it's a factor, not a cause in that dispute.  One partner will absolutely NOT want children and use money as a reason against it, or one partner absolutely WILL want children and completely disregard any sticky financial situations.  Those are extremes, and of course there are variations in between, but those are the two most common issues I've seen at their simplest. 

Money (last I checked) was the number one reason for divorce, even outdoing adultery.  Today, though, I know people who want to get divorced but can't afford it!
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#39  Edited By No_Name_
@Sexy Merc said:
" I'm still not ready for marriage...lol, but I've been happily unmarried with the same girl for about 2 years now, and I don't know where I'd be without her. "
Do you think she's gonna wait for you forever?
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tomokata
@Babs said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" I'm still not ready for marriage...lol, but I've been happily unmarried with the same girl for about 2 years now, and I don't know where I'd be without her. "
Do you think she's gonna wait for you forever? "
Maybe she doesn't want to get married either.
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By No_Name_
@Bio Guyver:  Being a feminist means equality between women and men. I don't understand when guys have a problem with that.  

@Tomokata:
Maybe. Or maybe she's like so many of the girls I know who are holding out for marriage.
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bio Guyver
@Babs said:
" @Bio Guyver:  Being a feminist means equality between women and men. I don't understand when guys have a problem with that.  

@Tomokata: Maybe. Or maybe she's like so many of the girls I know who are holding out for marriage. "
Neither do I.
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tomokata
@Babs: Yeah, not disagreeing with you, just stating a possibility. 

And feminism is yet another one of those things that started out as a good idea, and got wildly blown out of proportion, attracting zealots and fanatics who distort the intent behind the movement.  It started out as equal but not better, ended up (for many) meaning THE SAME.  Women are not the same as men, although yes, there should be equality. 

Why courtesy and politeness was picked by the feminazis as something to scourge men about, I have nary a clue.
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By No_Name_
@Tomokata: I disagree. Feminism was never a bad thing. Every movement has fanatics. It's a shame when people outside the movement make assumptions based on a few extremists.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Magian
@Edamame:
Yes that is true. A lot of couples have children because they must have, they see it as an obligation.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By doordoor123

why?

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers