Prometheus. Full Trailer and Discussion.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

The full trailer. I'm left speechless. This is def. going to be the years top film. Move aside Nolan.

At first Ridley Scott said this film will have nothing to do with the 'Alien' universe. Now he has came out and said that it is, and will feature Weyland-Yutani and the long mysterious Space Jockeys (as seen on the first Alien film).. Though saying this film is def. set in the Alien universe, he confirms that the 'Xenomorphs' or 'Aliens' will not be in the film. Though some images seen and words heard in the trailer hint that he might just be pulling our leg again. Watch the trailer, read a bit about and tell me what you think. This film is def. going to be epic, and crush its competition.

Space Jockey in the original 'Alien'
Space Jockey in the original 'Alien'

Listen carefully to the dialogue in the international trailer. Hints of the xenomorph? Ridley Scott has helluva a movie for us ahead.

Looks like a Xenomorph, huh?
Looks like a Xenomorph, huh?
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ebbm

Isn't that same scream/siren thing at the end the same thing in the original Alien movie? Seems like a prequel to me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Scott can say it's not a prequel all he wants, face it, it's a prequel, my guess is, Michael Fassbender's character is the first in the cyborg series we seen that go bad in the Alien movies (Like Ash was) and the humans coincidentally create/awaken the Xenomorph race that we see in the future films.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@The Stegman said:

Scott can say it's not a prequel all he wants, face it, it's a prequel, my guess is, Michael Fassbender's character is the first in the cyborg series we seen that go bad in the Alien movies (Like Ash was) and the humans coincidentally create/awaken the Xenomorph race that we see in the future films.

Totally agreed. I'm sure we will get to at least see a peak of some Xenomorphs.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nickthedevil

So what's the dialogue i was supposed to watch out for in the UK trailer that hinted to the xenomorophs? And it doesnt look like xenomorphs... In the UK trailer while it's flashing, you see someone (in a space suit) and his arm rips open to this weird looking limb/skeleton thing.... BTW does anyone else notice that The title for the movie "Prometheus" appears exactly like "Alien"?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@nickthedevil said:

So what's the dialogue i was supposed to watch out for in the UK trailer that hinted to the xenomorophs? And it doesnt look like xenomorphs... In the UK trailer while it's flashing, you see someone (in a space suit) and his arm rips open to this weird looking limb/skeleton thing.... BTW does anyone else notice that The title for the movie "Prometheus" appears exactly like "Alien"?

Listen to the dialogue playing around 1:35-1:45 (man saying 'he opened up from the inside' and 'its in my throat, its in my throat' hinting xenos.). You might not think its hinting anything, just might be my (and many others) 'Alien' fanboyism to blame. How do you not think that that pic I posted doesn't look like a xenomorph? The 'figure' in the middle of the picture's body looks exactly like a xenomorphs, and the head slightly resembles the long round head they have.

No Caption Provided

Same chest, legs, hip structure.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

Oh on the wall, yes. H. R. Giger's work is definite. I'm talking about in the videos. Theres a little flash by where a mans arm rips open and this kind of exo-skeletal arm is out there... And the space jockey! is one of the only things to ever creep me out... And i dive into Giger's artwork. Not much creeps me out XD i had hoped i escaped that thing after seeing it in the first movie...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

And no worries. I'm an Alien Fanboy too... Even though my family owns the attraction site in Puerto Vallarta where the first Predator was filmed XD i have a Ceramic Predator Skull hanging in my room and i'm STILL a Xenomorph fan over Predator anyday.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Dreadmaster
@nickthedevil said:
And no worries. I'm an Alien Fanboy too... Even though my family owns the attraction site in Puerto Vallarta where the first Predator was filmed XD i have a Ceramic Predator Skull hanging in my room and i'm STILL a Xenomorph fan over Predator anyday.
Dude thats awesome! I went to Puerto Vallarta one time and saw the crashed helicopter there and everything! xD
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nickthedevil

@dreadmaster: and how'd you like it? and yea recently added a fully dressed mannequin on top of it though. So now theres this huge predator standing on it XD

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

This seems like an eerily similar plot to that of Alien vs. Predator.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nickthedevil

^^ Without the Predator... But it's machines designs look like influence by James Cameron and his Aliens/Avatar.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@nickthedevil: Plus the plot is similar. Finding ancient symbols that are an "invitation" to something greater than......*yawn*.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Illuminatus said:

@nickthedevil: Plus the plot is similar. Finding ancient symbols that are an "invitation" to something greater than......*yawn*.

The difference being this story is being handled by competent filmmakers.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@InnerVenom123 said:

@Illuminatus said:

The difference being this story is being handled by competent filmmakers.

Very true.
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Looks okay i guess, but you know what movie looked really good in pre-views? safe house, you knwo what? it sucked. Im going to assume this is going to be an okay movie until DVD and i buy it used or someone gets me a copy or something.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

@jeanlucpicard said:

Looks okay i guess, but you know what movie looked really good in pre-views? safe house, you knwo what? it sucked. Im going to assume this is going to be an okay movie until DVD and i buy it used or someone gets me a copy or something.

safe house didn't look good.... at all.

i saw the commercial and i instanly knew... even on the commercial, the acting was horrible.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeanlucpicard

@nickthedevil: Okay well good was the wrong word, it looked okay didn't look like a complete bust, but it was. I kinda had to see it since we were bored and my friends were " oh yeah that movie looks awesome" but i kept an open mind about it lol.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

@jeanlucpicard: same. except i didn't bother with it because i am usually a good judge of movies XD

piece of advice to everyone: don't go in watching movies with HUGE expectations. it'll really only ruin the movie.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jeanlucpicard

LOL true, i had high expectations of Wolverine origins and it wasn't that good since they messed up a few things ( adamantium bullet, seriously?) and other bad things but my fanboyism keeps me liking the movie ( also dead pool with all those powers, really?)

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

@jeanlucpicard said:

LOL true, i had high expectations of Wolverine origins and it wasn't that good since they messed up a few things ( adamantium bullet, seriously?) and other bad things but my fanboyism keeps me liking the movie ( also dead pool with all those powers, really?)

that's why comic book based movies turn out being horrible most of the time... because everyone expects the movie to be exactly like the comics, but truth is there is no way a comic can ever be put into a movie perfectly.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im a troll for this but thumbs up if Predators are still the most badass thing in that universe

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By RoboShark

Garh...I don't care movie looks great, and if there's any "Alien" easter eggs I'M DOWN.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

I'm honestly thinking this might top every movie this summer.

Avengers was great, but it's gonna come down to this VS TDKR.