Pro-wrestling discussion thread

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I don't care Undertaker lost but ugh why Brock Lesnar.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't believe I'm teared up, right now...

d^_^b

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's about time Taker lost..too bad it was to Lesnar. Hate Daniel Bryan but hope at least now maybe they'll get off this storyline they've been doing the past year and come up with something else. I kind of have to agree with xlab about Batista..People cheered him when he came back yet booed him as soon as he won the Rumble. Anyone who knows WWE's predictability should've known that he was going to win when he came back..

The only truly good bit of this WM was seeing Austin,Hogan,and The Rock all in the ring together.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6604  Edited By laflux

@king_saturn: True. But there were ways around the situation. The whole point Bray made was to destroy Cena's image and legacy. Rowan and Harper could have distracted the ref and Cena could have used a chair, or he could have used the steps. It didn't have to be him going heel, but it would have shown him just being mortal. I understand he "struggled" at certain points in the match, but bullsh*t, those sure as hell didn't count. Bray didn't exactly have to win the match, he just needed to make a point. Bray came out looking as a strong wrestler, but now his gimmick suffered a blow. HHH did business. Taker did business. Cena sure as hell didn't.

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6605  Edited By kidchipotle
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6606  Edited By Experio

Streak destroyed

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6607  Edited By TazzMission

time for him to retire.................

Source: F4WOnline

The Undertaker was taken to a local New Orleans hospital via ambulance after last night's WWE WrestleMania XXX due to the fear that he suffered a concussion and a possible neck injury. F4WOnline.com reports that the last word was that Taker was expected to remain there overnight for observation.

The apparent injury had no bearing on the finish of the match, which ended exactly as planned. The injury is believed to have happened early in the match when Undertaker took a bad fall off a single leg.

Word apparently got out about the finish about an hour before the match, as Brock Lesnar went from a massive underdog to the favorite on gambling sites.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6608  Edited By ComicStooge

The ending of the Streak was one of the most memorable things that WWE has done in years.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EAT.

SLEEP.

WRECK YOUR CHILDHOOD.

REPEAT.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the Cesaro push lasts... I wanna see dude challenge Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title...

Undertaker should be done at this point... I kind of wish he never came back for Wrestlemania 30 simply because the whole CM Punk vs Undertaker match was epic and the story behind it was strong enough that it could have been a great lasting image of Undertaker in his final match ( handling the Best in the World who basically sh!tted on him for weeks with the whole Paul Bearer situation to finally get his revenge and take back the Urn from CM Punk and Heyman ) that would have been a more fitting end to the Undertaker's Legacy tbh...

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6611  Edited By TazzMission

dont expect sting anytime soon. apparently wwe is in no rush to debut him

also for wwe network subscribers

Source: F4WOnline

- When the WWE Network subscriber numbers came out on Monday, there were people within WWE who were surprised and took it as not a good sign. Many in the company were expecting over 1 million subscribers. Apparently there's talk that we may see a price jump to $11.99 or $12.99 per month next year.

- There's now a feeling within WWE that Sting won't be on WWE TV for a long time.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Glad Cesaro left Swagger, been a fan of the guy since his ROH days and the Real American thing just wasn't working out.

Btw what's everyone's fave wrestlers in history?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad Cesaro left Swagger, been a fan of the guy since his ROH days and the Real American thing just wasn't working out.

Btw what's everyone's fave wrestlers in history?

wwe stuck him there ony because they had nothing for him creative wise apparently...........

also it amazes me how wwe dropped the ball with drew mcintyre

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cesaro - The King of Swing !

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was amazing:

Loading Video...

Classic ECW was amazing.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Kurt Angle would make one last run with the WWE...

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay: Honestly, I been tHinking tHat tHe 'PG Era' ended since late 2011, so I'm glad tHat you sHared tHat information, about How people have been using tHe term 'Reality Era' since 2012.

I tHink tHe name fits well and it sounds way better tHan PG Era. I tHank Punk for planting tHis idea. THis idea, of pusHing tHe line between a sHoot or kayfabe.

Like, witH wHat Happened to tHe Streak. It makes wrestling more interesting because fans are more well versed now. THere are fans wHo claim to enjoy sHoot interviews more tHan promos.

Making promos tHat are borderline shoots are AWEsome. Plus, witH tHe WWE reality sHows being so popular it adds to tHe reason beHind tHis Era being coined Reality Era.

-ABstract4$$#073-

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6618  Edited By M3th

@king_saturn: I love Kurt Angle but no. I personally do not want Angle back in tHe WWE. He's given us enougH I do not want Angle to get seriously injured just for one more run in tHe WWE.

SIDEBAR: Wyatts taught is tHe $#!%. Best taught in tHe WWE today.

I also love Hearing "brays gonna kill you."

-ABstract4$$#073-

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

@king_saturn: I love Kurt Angle but no. I personally do not want Angle back in tHe WWE. He's given us enougH I do not want Angle to get seriously injured just for one more run in tHe WWE.

SIDEBAR: Wyatts taught is tHe $#!%. Best taught in tHe WWE today.

I also love Hearing "brays gonna kill you."

-ABstract4$$#073-

What's to say Kurt Angle would risk Injury if he came back to the WWE ? Considering the WWE loves to throw Part Time Contacts at Old Talent they had... I actually think he could come off pretty well from a Last Run in the WWE.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's to say Kurt Angle would risk Injury if he came back to the WWE ? Considering the WWE loves to throw Part Time Contacts at Old Talent they had... I actually think he could come off pretty well from a Last Run in the WWE.

As long as it's not the same as that "Bret Hart return match" in WM 26, then I'm ok with it. Though considering the shape Kurt is in right now compared to Bret at that time, I doubt it will be that lackluster.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th:

I was listening to some reviewers who said that the WWE wants the line to be thin. They want the company to be more realistic. The reviewers said that the think the WWE ended the streak for that reason. They stripped the kayfabe power from Undertaker and the Streak to make him just a man. Then, he would be beaten by a grand opponent.

I don't know if that's true. But, I could believe it...Undertaker and Kane were the only characters who were that far in the realm of kayfabe. They striped down Kane a long time ago...Now, it's the Deadman's turn...

d^_^b

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th:

I was listening to some reviewers who said that the WWE wants the line to be thin. They want the company to be more realistic. The reviewers said that the think the WWE ended the streak for that reason. They stripped the kayfabe power from Undertaker and the Streak to make him just a man. Then, he would be beaten by a grand opponent.

I don't know if that's true. But, I could believe it...Undertaker and Kane were the only characters who were that far in the realm of kayfabe. They striped down Kane a long time ago...Now, it's the Deadman's turn...

d^_^b

But why strip down The Undertaker now ? I mean Taker is an Old Man... technically, they ( WWE ) should have never let his Old Ass even compete at WM30 considering the shape he was in... I mean seriously why throw Taker back out there for all of us to see him Old and Slow when you could have had his lasting memory being beating CM Punk ( Best Wrestler In The World at the Time ) and getting back The Urn ( Something that was Originally a Sign of Undertaker's Power ) that really was the best way for him to go out... at least in retrospect.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

I really don't know... the one thing I can think of is that they wanted to end the Streak, for good. The WWE probably feel that they needed to end the the Streak to move forward, into this new 'Reality Era'. The Streak is the last bit of real extreme kayfabe in the company. If Undertaker retired and kept the Streak, than it will always be that lingering thing in the WWE. They probably do not want it there anymore. They don't see it is the direction that the company is going in. So, instead of having Taker's career end, but the Streak living on as this grand entity. They ended it. That way, we would look at the Streak as something that was, instead of something that is.

Initially, I was one of the ones who thought that Taker should have retired with the Streak intact. If they were going to end it, I would have liked it to be at the 'End of An Era' match, at WM28.

d^_^b

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

I really don't know... the one thing I can think of is that they wanted to end the Streak, for good. The WWE probably feel that they needed to end the the Streak to move forward, into this new 'Reality Era'. The Streak is the last bit of real extreme kayfabe in the company. If Undertaker retired and kept the Streak, than it will always be that lingering thing in the WWE. They probably do not want it there anymore. They don't see it is the direction that the company is going in. So, instead of having Taker's career end, but the Streak living on as this grand entity. They ended it. That way, we would look at the Streak as something that was, instead of something that is.

Initially, I was one of the ones who thought that Taker should have retired with the Streak intact. If they were going to end it, I would have liked it to be at the 'End of An Era' match, at WM28.

d^_^b

But if The Undertaker never really wrestled again after WM29 against CM Punk... wouldn't the streak have essentially ended at 21-0 via Taker's Retirement ? I mean for The Streak to end it could be just with Undertaker retiring instead of him actually taking a Loss. I understand why they had him lose at WM30 in his last match... Taker was obviously Old and Slow and wanted it done with a loss... but another possible option could have been for Taker to walk away after WM29 undefeated and come back in some other capacity at WM30... especially if Taker's condition was as diminished as it was shown at WM30. No reason to come back to wrestle if you are gonna be such a shell of yourself IMO. It almost seemed like it was Mark Calloway trying to be Undertaker at WM30 than actually The Undertaker wrestling at full potential.

I personally think the fitting ending to The Undertaker's Streak was against CM Punk at WM29... the buildup was Incredible ( especially off of the back of Paul Bearer's Death during that year )... for The Undertaker to walk away victorious and take back The Urn ( something that was an original source of the character's power in the WWF days ) I thought it was a perfect ending for Undertaker.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6625  Edited By M3th

@king_saturn: I'm ok With Angle coming back with a part time contract but I'm just scared of Angle getting an injury because he's in his 40's. And, in TNA he looks a bit out of shape.

He's been injured before and now he's older so he's in more danger of getting seriously injured.

-ABstract4$$#073-

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6627  Edited By King_Saturn

Interesting Image... Is Dolph Ziggler still with the WWE ?

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Source: TMZ

TMZ reports that The Ultimate Warrior died from a massive heart attack, according to the medical examiner who conducted his autopsy last week.

Officials told TMZ that the cause of death was determined to be "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" or heart disease.

The medical examiner classified Warrior's death as natural, meaning neither drugs nor alcohol were directly involved.

@king_saturn yes yes he is

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay said:

@king_saturn:

d^_^b

But if The Undertaker never really wrestled again after WM29 against CM Punk... wouldn't the streak have essentially ended at 21-0 via Taker's Retirement ? I mean for The Streak to end it could be just with Undertaker retiring instead of him actually taking a Loss. I understand why they had him lose at WM30 in his last match... Taker was obviously Old and Slow and wanted it done with a loss... but another possible option could have been for Taker to walk away after WM29 undefeated and come back in some other capacity at WM30... especially if Taker's condition was as diminished as it was shown at WM30. No reason to come back to wrestle if you are gonna be such a shell of yourself IMO. It almost seemed like it was Mark Calloway trying to be Undertaker at WM30 than actually The Undertaker wrestling at full potential.

I personally think the fitting ending to The Undertaker's Streak was against CM Punk at WM29... the buildup was Incredible ( especially off of the back of Paul Bearer's Death during that year )... for The Undertaker to walk away victorious and take back The Urn ( something that was an original source of the character's power in the WWF days ) I thought it was a perfect ending for Undertaker.

I've heard some say that they planned on it being Brock vs. Mark Calloway, instead of Undertaker. By that, I mean, they wanted Undertaker to be beaten in a way that it tarnished his highly indestructible status. I believe they might have wanted him to look old and worn-out...or, just look like he couldn't cut-it in the present stage of WWE's evolution. He comes back and pick a fight with someone, like he has all the times before. But, as if his power was now gone, he would fail and fall to the new age of WWE (yes, I'm kind of poetically glamorizing it).

I can agree with you on the WM28 match...it would have been a great way to end the Streak. I think WM28 and/or WM 29 would have been great ending. That is really the only thing I dislike about the ending of the Streak (outside of the fact that I thought it shouldn't of ended). After the first Undertaker/Michaels match, all of the others were great buildups, and possibly great ways to end the Streak (Undertaker/Edge is arguably...but, still). And, they ended it with a not-so-great storyline.

d^_^b

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6631  Edited By sexy_merc

Just saw the Cena-Wyatt segment on RAW. That was really bad, no idea why they went that direction. The Wyatts are crazy, having Cena do his usual smiling and corny jokes, just no selling them as threats was horrible. I like Cena, and overall I think he has a strong argument for Top-10 all-time wrestler, but the way he no-sells feuds with some guys just makes me lose interest in the whole thing. I don't think I'm going to be watching another second of this feud, already know what Wyatt's going to say to Cena, they should just have him feud a new guy soon.

This is basically his formula:

1. Mock his current story-line, make corny and generally unfunny jokes.

2. Get a pop by kissing the crowd's ass.

3. Get "intense" suddenly and start screaming like a retard.

Makes no sense, dude was pooping his pants when he was in the ring with Wyatt not long ago. WWE booking is just terrible, now they're having Bryan feud with friggin Kane??? Feuding with Kane pretty much kills your momentum, he's been in some of the worst feuds I've ever seen in the past decade. Guys like Mysterio, Guerrero, Benoit, and even Punk were booked very poorly for champs. Actually, Benoit had his 1st feud with Kane after winning the strap at WM?

His debut and storyline with Taker were really good and he had some memorable stuff from the late '90s, but since the new millennium I can't remember a single great thing he's been a part of (2001 Royal Rumble was good actually). He's just not an interesting character and his feuds boil down to either murder, sex, fire, lack of hate, or some unappealing comedy stuff. Kane's not a guy who really helps champions or main eventers since he's been at best a mid-carder. Right now he's a lackey for the Authority, not really credible having Bryan feud with him. Kane's a pretty good worker, and had a lot of potential, but outside of his initial feud with Taker WWE hasn't been able to book him without it turning to crap, and I think Kane overall has something to do with it ... Sure the booking can be a problem since WWE has never really been consistent with that, but there's just been too many bad feuds and storylines he's been involved in.

Just look up Kane's wiki page ... lol

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Worst Feud of the Year (2002) vs. Triple H
Worst Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Shane McMahon
Worst Feud of the Year (2004) vs. Matt Hardy and Lita
Worst Feud of the Year (2007) vs. Big Daddy V
Worst Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Rey Mysterio
Worst Feud of the Year (2010) vs. Edge
Worst Feud of the Year (2012) vs. John Cena
Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexy_merc: Yesh that Katie Vick stuff was terrible lol.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6633  Edited By superstay

Wow...now that I think about it, the Streak ending was a very poetic ending to the Streak. After watching this video, and their latest podcast, my mind is flourishing with the real meaning of the match.....

Loading Video...

dO_Ob

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow...now that I think about it, the Streak ending was a very poetic ending to the Streak. After watching this video, and their latest podcast, my mind is flourishing with the real meaning of the match.....

Loading Video...

dO_Ob

Interesting Video...

But Seriously I am Over It... The Way I Look At It.

The Undertaker : 21 - 0 at Wrestlemania

Mark Calloway : 0 - 1 at Wrestlemania

There, Issue Is Settled.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6636  Edited By Wolverine008

@comicstooge: Currently, I'd go with CM Punk, John Cena, and Sheamus. The SHIELD are an honorable mention.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6637  Edited By ComicStooge

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge: Currently, I'd go with CM Punk, John Cena, and Sheamus. The SHIELD are an honorable mention.

Pansy.

My 3 favourites ever are:

3) Goldberg/Jeff Hardy/HHH/The Rock

2) Mick Foley ('Cactus Jack' was his best persona)

1) Kurt Angle

Do you know any of those guys?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of Right Now...

Cesaro, CM Punk, Jay Lethal aka Black Machismo

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08 said:

Pansy.

1) Kurt Angle

I know Mick, HHH, Rick, and Angle. Personal favorite among them is Rock for sure.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6640  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Pansy.

1) Kurt Angle

I know Mick, HHH, Rick, and Angle. Personal favorite among them is Rock for sure.

The Rock is easily the best on the mic, out of any pro wrestler ever.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6641  Edited By laflux

Of all Time?

Chris Jericho, The Rock, A J Styles.

@comicstooge- Pft....... Goldberg got beat up by Chris Jericho backstage.

@wolverine08- And Sheamus supposedly got beat up by Yoshi Tastu and Sin Cara on separate occasions.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to WWE live at Sheffield Motorpoint on the 20th May. So Excited!!!!!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6644  Edited By ComicStooge

@laflux said:

Of all Time?

Chris Jericho, The Rock, A J Styles.

@comicstooge- Pft....... Goldberg got beat up by Chris Jericho backstage.

@wolverine08- And Sheamus supposedly got beat up by Yoshi Tastu and Sin Cara on separate occasions.

Bwahaha.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I love Kurt Angle:

Loading Video...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points