#5451 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

They got Diddy doing the Musical Performance for Wrestlemania this year... Well maybe he will do All About The Benjamins

#5452 Edited by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: But what happens if Cena dies tomorrow in his match against the Rock? The basket breaks and there's nothing that can replace it until a new basket is made and the WWE has beaten into the heads of their fans that the only one who really matters IS Cena. Plus they're afraid to pull the trigger on people who get over on their own because they weren't made by the company(Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan) or they completely bury people who ARE starting to get over and remove what made them over in the first place (Zack and Daniel again as well as Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, AJ, R-Truth, etc) or utterly neuter their characters(Cena, Sheamus, The Miz, Orton, Punk, Truth, Bryan, etc)

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@jnr6lil: Yep, pretty much. Not to mention that of the people booing him, a lot just download PPVs instead of buying them anyway lol

That makes sense, especially since they're, ya know, THERE BOOING HIM. Let's generalize everyone who hates the Cena character because they don't like "NEVER GIVE UP HUSTLE LOYALTY RESPECT WHEN ITS CONVENIENT CENATION". I despise the current Cena character yet respect what he does for the business but I swear I can have far better and more intellectual discussions about wrestling with your "hurr IWC SMARK" than I can with you all Cenation supporters.

#5453 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: Granted WWE aren't allowing guys to be themselves like they did with Cena, Orton & Punk

#5454 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@beautifulrevery: Granted WWE aren't allowing guys to be themselves like they did with Cena, Orton & Punk

Absolutely this

and I apologize to you and @fadetoblackbolt If I came off as a douche in that last post but I'm tired of 90% of the counterarguments to someone not liking Cena being "well they're an IWC mark and don't pay for the PPV's".

#5455 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

Absolutely this

and I apologize to you and @fadetoblackbolt If I came off as a douche in that last post but I'm tired of 90% of the counterarguments to someone not liking Cena being "well they're an IWC mark and don't pay for the PPV's".

Nah it's cool

#5456 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking back, 2012 was probably the worst year of WWE programming of the 21st Century. 2013 is three PPVs in and it's already better.

Two good PPVs for the year. (WM and Extreme Rules)

#5457 Posted by TDK_1997 (14684 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking back, 2012 was probably the worst year of WWE programming of the 21st Century. 2013 is three PPVs in and it's already better.

Two good PPVs for the year. (WM and Extreme Rules)

Everything will get even better if Cena wins. :D

#5458 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

A few thoughts on Wrestlemania 29

1. Why did they let Fandango beat Chris Jericho considering this was Fandango's very first match ?

2. The Undertaker beating CM Punk was a Great Relief to my soul... and Taker took back his Urn. 21-0, John Cena vs Undertaker at WM 30 really seems awesome to me.

3. Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger was a complete waste of time... Del Rio won but it seemed like the match was not even needed.

4. Team Hell No def Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston was sort of entertaining... Big E. Langston is one of the funniest looking black people I have ever seen... Wrestling or not.

5. Triple H vs Brock Lesnar was better than I expected... even though the build up sucked to me... it was nice to see the King of Kings beat up on Lesnar... as well as take a beating... I mean seriously Lesnar was suplexing that n!gga all over the arena.

6. John Cena vs The Rock was sort of wacky... only because they kept doing their specials and countering each other to the point it became sort of stupid... but the end gesture of Cena was very cool to end the night. Plus the overall action was good.

Overall, the even was pretty good. I am still baffled how they would allow this newcomer to beat Jericho on the biggest stage.

Oh yeah, The Shield beat Randy Orton, Big Show, Sheamus... pretty good match too.

#5459 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

To get Fandango over. Jericho is very vocal about getting talent over an doesn't mind doing it. He did it to Punk last year to help push his title reign. He did it to get Ziggler a nice win. He was very vocal about letting Ryback end Punk's title reign to have an instant top player. It may seem weird to casual fans and such because of the mythos that is Wrestlemania, but the mechanics behind it are sound. WWE is lacking top talent, and while I think some of the top wrestlers are there and Vince won't push them, the talent is lacking.

#5460 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

To get Fandango over. Jericho is very vocal about getting talent over an doesn't mind doing it. He did it to Punk last year to help push his title reign. He did it to get Ziggler a nice win. He was very vocal about letting Ryback end Punk's title reign to have an instant top player. It may seem weird to casual fans and such because of the mythos that is Wrestlemania, but the mechanics behind it are sound. WWE is lacking top talent, and while I think some of the top wrestlers are there and Vince won't push them, the talent is lacking.

But couldn't they get Fandango over in another PPV ? I mean to really think that someone can beat a 6-time World Champion in their first match on the biggest Wrestling stage is really wacky to me. I mean I don't mind pushing new talent... but do they have to throw Jericho under the bus on the biggest stage to get him over ?

#5461 Edited by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: They could have, but they debuted him in time for Mania and Jericho probably had no problem with this or it was his idea in the first place. Considering his status, he does have some creative control and could have thought this was best.

#5462 Edited by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk hogan>everybody

#5463 Edited by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@king_saturn: They could have, but they debuted him in time for Mania and Jericho probably had no problem with this or it was his idea in the first place. Considering his status, he does have some creative control and could have thought this was best.

Wow, Y2J a is rather generous fellow to allow such an event on his career. Not like it completely tarnishes it though...

#5464 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Wow, Y2J a is rather generous fellow to allow such an event on his career. Not like it completely tarnishes it though...

Which is the point. Jericho doesn't lose any credibility and Fandango gets a good boost going forward.

#5465 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they would have let Kane come out after The Undertaker beat CM Punk... have some short segment honoring Paul Bearer without interruption... could have been just a couple of minutes.

The WWE should have never booked Diddy to do the Musical Performance... that sh!t was absolutely terrible.

LOL

#5466 Posted by Grandmastersexyhd (305 posts) - - Show Bio

1 WORD FOR WM

PREDICTABLE

But WWE has been predictable since 2008 so.. but yeah the passing the torch thing and Rock wasn't even wrestling on Raw as the champion so all signs pointed to Cena winning since January at the RR. Y2J vs. Fandango wasn't good. Sure Jericho likes putting young talent over him in main events but it's old. All Fandango did was Leg drop... punch..punch...Leg drop..school boy pin. I think Fandango's gimmick will die out soon though. But this Wrestlemaina was just boring..and predictable like last year Lol

#5467 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@god_spawn said:

Which is the point. Jericho doesn't lose any credibility and Fandango gets a good boost going forward.

Well it still kind of looks bad in the kayfabe sense at least... Jericho getting run over by a Rookie ?

lol

#5468 Edited by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

That was the worst Wrestlemania I have ever seen...I am glad I didn't pay for it.

It had no energy behind it and was devoid of any surprises or fun. It was utilitarian at best. No Money in the Bank cash ins, no heel turns, nothing good at all. I thought at least when Tito Santana v2.0 fought American Hitler that their valets were going to get involved or something.....wtf??

Why did they have P. Diddy preform his 20 year old hits....because its 1996?? Oh no....wait a minute....its 2013....huh. I guess they couldn't get any relevant pop stars this year.

Just clean, safe, predictable, kid friendly stuff. Super Boring

Oh yeah....Living Colour preformed....easily the best thing at any wrestling event ever. Too bad they are just known these days as the guys that preform CM Punks theme song instead of being known for their incredible talent. Though I wish they would have played "Elvis is dead"

Now if you will excuse me, I am off to never watch wrestling again

#5469 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

Officially Unofficial match ratings for Wrestlemania 29(not including the pre or post show as I watched neither)

Shield vs Sheamus, Big Show, and Orton- 3.3/5

Fandango vs Chris Jericho-2/5(the match was far too sloppy for the levels of both these performers. Seriously should have been a MOTN contender but it was sloppy and full of botches.)

Mark Henry vs The Ryback-2.5/5(+0.5 for shellshock after the match ended)

Alberto vs Swagger-2/5

Team Hell No vs Team Big E Ziggles-3/5

CM Punk vs The Undertaker-4/5 **********MOTN************

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar-Essentially their exact same match from last time except with Haitch getting his win back/5(2.5/5)

The Rock vs John Cena-2/5

Too great to even rate tier: Trump getting a torrent of boos. Cena and Rock getting booed at the end and Rock not even looking like he wanted to raise Cena's hand at the end.

WHY tier: Ziggler NOT CASHING IN

Crowd Rating-3.7/5

#5470 Edited by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

That was the worst Wrestlemania I have ever seen...I am glad I didn't pay for it.

It had no energy behind it and was devoid of any surprises or fun. It was utilitarian at best. No Money in the Bank cash ins, no heel turns, nothing good at all. I thought at least when Tito Santana v2.0 fought American Hitler that their valets were going to get involved or something.....wtf??

Why did they have P. Diddy preform his 20 year old hits....because its 1996?? Oh no....wait a minute....its 2013....huh. I guess they couldn't get any relevant pop stars this year.

Just clean, safe, kid friendly stuff. Super Boring

Oh yeah....Living Colour preformed....easily the best thing at any wrestling event ever. Too bad they are just known these days as the guys that preform CM Punks theme song instead of being known for their incredible talent. Though I wish they would have played "Elvis is dead"

ha ha... I guess we will wait till next month to see your analysis on Extreme Rules.

:P

#5471 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

ha ha... I guess we will wait till next month to see your analysis on Extreme Rules.

Pfffttt...the main event will likely be Cena vs Orton for the 3 millionth time. I don't need to see that...thinking about it just makes my insides hurt.

#5472 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Pfffttt...the main event will likely be Cena vs Orton for the 3 millionth time. I don't need to see that...thinking about it just makes my insides hurt.

You forget about the Rock rematch clause. THRICE IN A LIFETIME

#5473 Posted by Grandmastersexyhd (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Extreme Rules for WWE consist of having Pillow and Water Gun fights now Lol

#5474 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@cattlebattle said:

Extreme Rules for WWE consist of having Pillow and Water Gun fights now Lol

ha ha ha

#5475 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to say that I wasting my time watching this one. Hoping that the main event would make up for it but alas...I was disappointed. Counter after counter got boring real fast. This match pretty much mirrored their last match. Was hoping that at least one of them did something crazy to win. But no. Honestly, was hoping to that one of them used a Stone Cold Stunner to win since their finishing moves couldn't seal the deal. That would've been an awesome way to win.

#5476 Posted by The Stegman (23918 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so obvious Cena is going to beat Rock at Wrestlemania.

Told ya.

#5477 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeb Coulter needs to get himself a Cowboy Hat... that way he could look like Yosemite Sam...

#5478 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
  • The Shield vs Three Better Guys: 2/5. Stupid match to open the night. Taryn Terrell has a better spear than Roman Reigns and the fact both Orton and Sheamus looked like a pair of immature douchebags was not a good idea. Wrestlemania is supposed to be the time when guys who have eluded punishment all year get their comeuppance. Didn't happen. Dull and predictable.
  • Mark Henry vs Ryback: 1.5/5. Weird ending to a bad, bad match. Why put Henry over Ryback? It didn't make any sense, and the ending (guy gets fell on for the 1-2-3) was just silly. Then the Shell Shock to finish it and why didn't Ryback win again?
  • Hell No vs Ziggy and Biggy: 3/5 Excellent way to open the match and showed that the bookers were apparently capable of a moment of creativity and fun. The rest was by the numbers and a standard tag team championship bout at WM.
  • Fandango vs Jericho: 1/5 Fandango was absolutely useless in-ring, proving that the chants of "You can't Wrestle" are actually accurate, and that any performing his done prior to WWE was just that; prior to WWE. Jericho lost any and all credibility letting this dud go over, and really should walk from WWE for good.
  • Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger: 3.5/5. No entrance for Swagger was strange. Decent WHC title match and a really nice showing for Del Rio. Swagger actually did better than expected (though since I expected total ineptitude, that's maybe not saying much). The right guy won after a solid, if short, mini-main event. LACK OF ZIGGLER CASH-IN; -1.5 stars.
  • Undertaker vs Punk: 3/5. Incredibly average match. Let's take the fact Punk kicked out of the Tombstone (which he had no right doing), the fact that Undertaker was forced to try and make Punk look good and the total genericness of the match. Then the key problem, Punk didn't suffer. Much like Orton didn't really suffer against Triple H at Mania 25, Punk was let off easy here. This match was clearly booked before all the annoying crap Punk did the last few Raws, so him getting beaten with a Tombstone would have made sense. Only Taker was meant to be livid. Taker was meant to be unstoppably mad, but he totally let Punk off light. Filler match.
  • Triple H vs Lesnar: 4/5. Great match (for modern WWE), mostly due to the sheer intensity of Lesnar. HBK got elbowed in the face, and F-5d, and who doesn't love seeing Michaels get killed? Well booked despite Triple H getting a win that he probably shouldn't have and a thoroughly enjoyable match with some bloodthirsty crowd-members ("break his arm!" "kill him!"). Lesnar deadlifting Triple H with a Kimura'd arm was just awesome. Sledgehammers, many chairs, and steps were used, which is pretty good for the PG era WWE.
  • Cena vs the Rock: 4/5. A great rasslin' match. Slow paced at the beginning, built well and solidified both guys as tremendous Main Eventers. Great counters and very well paced considering that neither guy is a mat-master. Had this match been in a state that gave a damn, it could have been truly terrific, but with a confused crowd it was bogged down. Even the unsure NJ crowd got into it toward the end though, as both guys just kept kicking out of finishers and counters. Really well done since each was a "ahk, over now" moment. Fantastic ending to a match, the right guy went over in the right fashion, and a great finish to a good show. Cena played off the crowd extremely well, he knew they didn't like him and he used that to his advantage. And yet again we see that Cena is the classiest guy in the universe (he was out of that ring damn quick).

Overall: 3/5. Two really good main events and a solid showing from Del Rio don't make for a great WM. I paid $35 for this, and while I don't regret it (like I thought I would have after the first four matches), much of that has to do with the fact that (most of) the right guys won. When you have good faces vs lame Heels, and some Heels have to win on a card for balance, then chances are the matches will suck. The scrapped tag match would have given some much needed weight to the Heel victories, but losing that combined with no revenge on the Shield, really weird Ryback/Henry finish, Fandango winning (for some reason) and a filler Taker match mean that it's just not a great Wrestlemania. Superb ending though.

#5479 Edited by drdanny10293 (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

This mania sucked, I was there live and It fell flat on its ass hard. People were yawning during Rock and Cena, They all got pissed off when Cena and Rock became BBFs. Triple HHH and lesnar should have been better than that, Punk and taker was good but not a 5 star, no ziggler cash in (Are they on crack??? who wouldn't want to cash in at mania?!), it was just blah!

#5480 Edited by snarkybits (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Punk vs Taker was the Match of the Night, for me. And Taker's "walking dead/lost souls" entrance was understated, but so cool.

HHH vs Lesnar was good, as was Rock vs Cena, except for the finish out of nowhere.

I am a big Mark Henry fan, so I am glad that Ryblah didn't win. The Shield winning is a big plus for me.

Team Hell No and ADR retaining were...okay.

I didn't like that Fandingo won.

#5481 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: I really don't mean to rag on you at all for your own personal match ratings which I previously did but I really REALLY need some clarification here.

The Shield was a stupid match because it followed continuity of Orton, Sheamus, and Show being dysfunctional and unable to operate as a cohesive unit? And because Reigns' spear(which is one of the best most brutal spears in WWE right now) is worse than Taryn Terrell???

I agree that the Ryback/Henry match was pretty bad but seeing Ryback lift Henry the first time was pretty neat since that was pretty much my whole issue coming into this. I'm pretty sure the idea was to continue the feud after Wrestlemania but if they do it's a terrible idea since these guys have absolutely no chemistry.

Not gonna comment on the Y2J thing because I could rant for pages about that and I'd rather not at the moment.

Now saying that Punk/Taker was average and rating Cena/Rock 2: Resthold boogaloo and Brock/Haitch 2 higher than it is really really bothering me. Brock/Haitch was a 3-3.5 at best. Now Rock and Cena were decent for the last 7-8 minutes but the entirety of the match prior to that was them essentially exchanging rest holds and the crowd was NOT into it in the least. And they went for 25-30 minutes which makes absolutely no sense. I will agree that it was "right" for Cena to win since Rock can't put all his focus onto the business but the match itself was pretty mediocre, especially for a Mania main event.

Also, calling the Taker match filler really REALLY ticks me off. An Undertaker match is one of the three main events at wrestlemania and the streak itself is more important than any singular title in the WWE at this point. Whoever breaks it will be a solidified megastar and certified member of the HoF when their career is over. Go back and watch the Taker match again and tell me it wasn't a MOTN candidate every year for the past 5 or so years at least. A filler match was Fandango vs Jericho.

#5482 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with The Undertaker vs CM Punk match was that it was Too Close... after what CM Punk did to The Undertaker at the last Monday Night RAW... Taker should have been the sh!t out of CM Punk for 20 - 25 minutes straight and after the match Kane should have brought his ass out to the ring and Chokeslam the Best in the World too.

That's what really should have happened

#5483 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: But then you would've gotten "boring" chants. No one wants to really see a glorified squash match for 20-25 minutes. If its a squash it should be 5-7 minutes at most otherwise it starts to drag on and on. Punk and Taker didn't get enough time else their match really could've shined more than it already did on that lackluster card of rematch central. Give them 35-40 minutes tor really bring the house down. Hell, in 20 minutes they set a standard for excitement in a match that Brock/Haitch and Cena/Rock couldn't measure up to so the fans literally sat on their hands 80% of the time.

#5484 Edited by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give a review probably tomorrow. I'll just say it was overall rather piss poor and very bland. I can rant about Raw then too for the "big" post mania Raw surprise. Despite me hating Lesnar as a wrestler, at least his return had some reaction and people talking, whether they liked it or not.

#5485 Edited by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

Cena: Why did we suck so baaaad??

Rocky: I dun knooooowhowwow!!!

#5486 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Only thing that matters is if Johnny Curtis won, did he ?

#5487 Posted by Leon_Dissada (4389 posts) - - Show Bio

Hows undertaker?

#5488 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

But then you would've gotten "boring" chants. No one wants to really see a glorified squash match for 20-25 minutes. If its a squash it should be 5-7 minutes at most otherwise it starts to drag on and on. Punk and Taker didn't get enough time else their match really could've shined more than it already did on that lackluster card of rematch central. Give them 35-40 minutes tor really bring the house down. Hell, in 20 minutes they set a standard for excitement in a match that Brock/Haitch and Cena/Rock couldn't measure up to so the fans literally sat on their hands 80% of the time.

I don't give a sh!t what those n!ggas in the crowd say... Taker should have taken it to Punk for at least 20 minutes... and yeah, I wanna see a 20 - 25 minute match... Punk embarrassed Taker on multiple occasions... I don't wanna see some 5 minutes of Taker and then he goes back into the darkness for another year... let The Dead Man do a killing on Punk for a while so the pain can resonate.

#5489 Edited by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: Fair enough, we both wanted different things from that match. I wanted actual competition but that's just me. It's a Wrestlemania match, not a random Raw or Smackdown. That's where you get your squash matches.

Also, loldirtsheets but from a reliable website:

This is all developing as I write this, but WWE is working re-write massive parts of tonight's Raw as The Rock is not there as originally planned.

The word backstage is that he left for Los Angeles this morning. WWE sources indicate this caught the company completely off guard and there's a lot of heat on Rock at the moment.

This is not a planned angle to sell Rock being upset over losing the WWE title. He was worked into their plans going forward and there had been talk of shooting a major angle with Rock to begin building Wrestlemania 30, possibly an angle with Undertaker or Brock Lesnar (we've heard both discussed but mostly Lesnar) and all that is out the window now.

(source: pwinsider)

#5490 Posted by Project_Worm (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

WORST. WRESTLEMANIA. EVER.

#5491 Edited by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

@king_saturn: Fair enough, we both wanted different things from that match. I wanted actual competition but that's just me. It's a Wrestlemania match, not a random Raw or Smackdown. That's where you get your squash matches.

This is all developing as I write this, but WWE is working re-write massive parts of tonight's Raw as The Rock is not there as originally planned.

The word backstage is that he left for Los Angeles this morning. WWE sources indicate this caught the company completely off guard and there's a lot of heat on Rock at the moment.

This is not a planned angle to sell Rock being upset over losing the WWE title. He was worked into their plans going forward and there had been talk of shooting a major angle with Rock to begin building Wrestlemania 30, possibly an angle with Undertaker or Brock Lesnar (we've heard both discussed but mostly Lesnar) and all that is out the window now.

Didn't just last year Daniel Bryan got beat at Wrestlemania in like 30 seconds... so why is it a problem to have an enraged Undertaker clobber CM Punk for 20 minutes ? This made way more sense then the match being so damn close... it should not have been that way. Not from the way the storyline played out... just seemed wack as hell to have Taker come out for his annual match and struggle with a foe who did him like that.

#5492 Edited by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

Didn't just last year Daniel Bryan got beat at Wrestlemania in like 30 seconds... so why is it a problem to have an enraged Undertaker clobber CM Punk for 20 minutes ? This made way more sense then the match being so damn close... it should not have been that way. Not from the way the storyline played out... just seemed wack as hell to have Taker come out for his annual match and struggle with a foe who did him like that.

Yes, and it was crap that ruined the Sheamus push. Bryan essentially was buried for getting over with the crowd on his own and it came back to bite WWE in the arse. The Undertaker essentially puts over his opponents despite keeping the streak intact. Both men come out looking great and people remember "Hey, that guy took Taker to the limit at Wrestlemania."

The Undertaker has steadily grown weaker in kayfabe and in real life so it makes sense for each Wrestlemania to be more difficult for him to defend the streak. I mean, Triple H didn't beat Brock the first time even though he got his arm broken twice and Michaels' arm broken too. It's not about the bad guys getting their comeuppance all the time. Sometimes its about putting out a good match and telling a story.

#5493 Edited by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Yes, and it was crap that ruined the Sheamus push. Bryan essentially was buried for getting over with the crowd on his own and it came back to bite WWE in the arse. The Undertaker essentially puts over his opponents despite keeping the streak intact. Both men come out looking great and people remember "Hey, that guy took Taker to the limit at Wrestlemania."

The Undertaker has steadily grown weaker in kayfabe and in real life so it makes sense for each Wrestlemania to be more difficult for him to defend the streak. I mean, Triple H didn't beat Brock the first time even though he got his arm broken twice and Michaels' arm broken too. It's not about the bad guys getting their comeuppance all the time. Sometimes its about putting out a good match and telling a story.

This time was different though... CM Punk was messing with the whole Paul Bearer situation... I mean this should have cause Taker to be enraged and fought at levels we have not seen in years. Obviously he is getting older and weaker... but just barely getting by CM Punk when the dude took the Urn and poured it on your ass just seems funny to me.

#5494 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: That's where we differ on that. CM Punk is the longest reigning WWE Champion of the past 25 years and him getting squashed just wouldn't fly. He's been involved in some of the best matches of the past 5 years and has headed 3 different powerful stables. He's the number 2 guy on the active roster behind Cena as pushed by WWE and if Taker buried him that would reflect REALLY badly on the rest of the roster.

#5495 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Cena may go down as the GOAT before he's done.

#5496 Edited by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: That's where we differ on that. CM Punk is the longest reigning WWE Champion of the past 25 years and him getting squashed just wouldn't fly. He's been involved in some of the best matches of the past 5 years and has headed 3 different powerful stables. He's the number 2 guy on the active roster behind Cena as pushed by WWE and if Taker buried him that would reflect REALLY badly on the rest of the roster.

CM Punk getting squashed would fly perfectly... especially considering the circumstances of the match. It's not like he is fighting John Cena again... this is The Undertaker we are talking about and an angry Undertaker at that. I can't see how CM Punk could fight an angry Undertaker close considering the circumstances... I don't give a damn about his accolades... you gotta let The Legend shine better than what he did last night.

#5497 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

CM Punk getting squashed would fly perfectly... especially considering the circumstances of the match. It's not like he is fighting John Cena again... this is The Undertaker we are talking about and an angry Undertaker at that. I can't see how CM Punk could fight an angry Undertaker close considering the circumstances... I don't give a damn about his accolades... you gotta let The Legend shine better than what he did last night.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

Also, do you know if its possible to jump right to the post that you're replying to when you get a PM like in the old forum layout? I'm tired of having to click and then find the message of someone that replied to me.

#5498 Edited by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

John Cena stole my line... he told Mark Henry that he had "The Breathe of 1000 Asses"

LOL

#5499 Edited by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

ZIGGLER

ZIGGLER

ZIGGLER

ZIGGLER

ZIGGLER

ZIGGLER

ZIGGLER

ZIGGLER

#5500 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

How is it that the RAW after WM29 is coming off better than WM29 ? I mean that is messed up... lol