Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By Blood1991

Whoa this thread is intense...

Alright I'm an Athiest I do not believe in god, but as a former christian and as a person who has explored many religions. I have learned that we interpret and worship in different ways. Some are very strict, and other more personal, but we ultimately choose who or what we believe in or if we believe in anything at all.

So yes someone who considers them self christian can support gay rights. Others who consider themselves christian may not see things the same way, but it is ultimately a personal choice.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By InnerVenom123

These threads are always so frustrating.

I'd be banned so f**king fast if I said what I really wanted to say about the anti-gay side.

Or the original beliefs from where all this comes from themselves.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#103  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Become an atheist. We don't hate anyone here. Unless you murder, rape, etc. But that's a given.

:D

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Christian doctrine dictates in Leviticus 18:22 - "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

You really cannot get past that, I mean I believe in Christians values (to a degree) as it is what our society is based on but I wouldn't identify myself as Christians as I am not Homophobic.

I also find it hard to believe that two atoms randomly stumbled across each other and started the Universe but do not believe in an all powerful God.

All I know is that I have no problems with Gay people or Civil Ceremonies. What I object to is trying to change the definition of 'a union of Man and Woman before God' to 'a union of two people before God' as Christianity cannot support Gay Marriage. Marriage is a religious thing and you cannot get past that, or pretend that it doesn't matter.

In the UK (I would assume that) most Gay couples wouldn't choose to marry either as they get many more benefits (such as avoidance for some taxes) by living together unmarried, but there was also a statistic three weeks ago saying that there was a statistic that was something around the number of '3% of people in the UK consider themselves Gay' whilst at least 70% of UK residents identify themselves as Christians. I don't know but it seems insignificant when most of them won't get married anyway due to tax reductions.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By King_Saturn
@Blood1991 said:

Alright I'm an Athiest I do not believe in god, but as a former christian and as a person who has explored many religions. I have learned that we interpret and worship in different ways. Some are very strict, and other more personal, but we ultimately choose who or what we believe in or if we believe in anything at all.

So yes someone who considers them self christian can support gay rights. Others who consider themselves christian may not see things the same way, but it is ultimately a personal choice.

they may consider themselves that... but Yahweh / Jesus may not be too happy about them disobeying a Law that was never overturned... there is no where in the Bible where GOD condones Homosexuality.  
( not saying this is my personal view... but the Bible is pretty clear on this issue ) 
soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By soduh2

@Blood1991 said:

It seems you are looking back at Christianity from the perspective of a non-believer (an out-group member). Rather than as an in-group member.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Blood1991

@King Saturn said:

@Blood1991 said:

they may consider themselves that... but Yahweh / Jesus may not be too happy about them disobeying a Law that was never overturned... there is no where in the Bible where GOD condones Homosexuality.
( not saying this is my personal view... but the Bible is pretty clear on this issue )

The Bible is also pretty clear on a wife's position in the household, but if a man told a woman to "obey" him in this day and age, unless that woman was in an abusive relationship she'd tell him to f__k himself. Times change as do our interpretation of biblical text. There are Islamic women who are wearing modern clothes that still go to Mosque and consider themselves Islamic, even if some more traditional people of the Islamic faith wouldn't. I'm just saying that despite what the bible says a christian has the choice to not believe in every line and still be Christian depeding on their definition of Christian.

@soduh2 said:

@Blood1991 said:

It seems you are looking back at Christianity from the perspective of a non-believer (an out-group member). Rather than as an in-group member.

Well I suppose so, I am no longer Christian, but I know Christians that support gay rights and still go to church. I've never bothered to ask why though.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By HolySerpent

No you can't be a true Christian while supporting gay rights....

I'm a atheist

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By King_Saturn
@Blood1991 said:

@King Saturn said:

@Blood1991 said:

The Bible is also pretty clear on a wife's position in the household, but if a man told a woman to "obey" him in this day and age, unless that woman was in an abusive relationship she'd tell him to f__k himself. Times change as do our interpretation of biblical text. There are Islamic women who are wearing modern clothes that still go to Mosque and consider themselves Islamic, even if some more traditional people of the Islamic faith wouldn't. I'm just saying that despite what the bible says a christian has the choice to not believe in every line and still be Christian depeding on their definition of Christian.

There is No Point in The Bible where it condones Homosexual behavior... this means that there is No Interpretation from The Bible that can be given to condone it unless you completely change the texts... and to change the texts means you are not following what GOD is telling you to do honestly. Think of it another way... if The Bible was Inspired by GOD and this GOD is responsible for creating you and the entire universe... and this same GOD tells you from this inspired divine text that Homosexuality is an Abomination... if you believe in this GOD and say "well I don't think when he says that he really means that homosexuality is bad" then you are basically saying "YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE" and how can you follow GOD with all your heart if you claim you know better than he does ? or that he got it wrong there ? 
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#111  Edited By Trodorne

@DarkKnightDetective said:

I'm a christian and I find no problem with gay people. It's just the way they are. Who the hell am I to judge them?

Quote for the win.

When it comes to religious point of view on social events followers have no right to speak for their god in any capacity. It would be like an "ants" who are talking to other "ants" about you as a human saying how you dislike individualism in the colony of ants.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Blood1991

@King Saturn said:

@Blood1991 said:

@King Saturn said:

@Blood1991 said:

The Bible is also pretty clear on a wife's position in the household, but if a man told a woman to "obey" him in this day and age, unless that woman was in an abusive relationship she'd tell him to f__k himself. Times change as do our interpretation of biblical text. There are Islamic women who are wearing modern clothes that still go to Mosque and consider themselves Islamic, even if some more traditional people of the Islamic faith wouldn't. I'm just saying that despite what the bible says a christian has the choice to not believe in every line and still be Christian depending on their definition of Christian.

There is No Point in The Bible where it condones Homosexual behavior... this means that there is No Interpretation from The Bible that can be given to condone it unless you completely change the texts... and to change the texts means you are not following what GOD is telling you to do honestly. Think of it another way... if The Bible was Inspired by GOD and this GOD is responsible for creating you and the entire universe... and this same GOD tells you from this inspired divine text that Homosexuality is an Abomination... if you believe in this GOD and say "well I don't think when he says that he really means that homosexuality is bad" then you are basically saying "YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE" and how can you follow GOD with all your heart if you claim you know better than he does ? or that he got it wrong there ?

I don't know Saturn, people exist that support gay rights, are even gay themselves that consider themselves Christians. Whether they are "true" Christians that follow the bible word for word or don't follow the bible, but believe in Jesus and God is something they have to decide on their own.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By King_Saturn
@Blood1991 said:

@King Saturn said:

@Blood1991 said:

@King Saturn said:

@Blood1991 said:

The Bible is also pretty clear on a wife's position in the household, but if a man told a woman to "obey" him in this day and age, unless that woman was in an abusive relationship she'd tell him to f__k himself. Times change as do our interpretation of biblical text. There are Islamic women who are wearing modern clothes that still go to Mosque and consider themselves Islamic, even if some more traditional people of the Islamic faith wouldn't. I'm just saying that despite what the bible says a christian has the choice to not believe in every line and still be Christian depending on their definition of Christian.

I don't know Saturn, people exist that support gay rights, are even gay themselves that consider themselves Christians. Whether they are "true" Christians that follow the bible word for word or don't follow the bible, but believe in Jesus and God is something they have to decide on their own.

Calling yourself a Christian does not actually mean you are one though... it would be different if you was a Christian who supported people as a whole who struggled with Homosexuality as a Sin ( as the Bible calls it )... but if you are Christian and say "I support Gays and their rights to get married and do as such" then you are supporting people who are confident in living in this Sin ( as the Bible calls it ) and that would be blasphemous... how in the heck are you going to support someone who is confident in something that is completely against GOD's wishes ? That is does not sound very much like Christian behavior... and it's not advised by Jesus or GOD in the Bible either.  

( PS : all comments are from the Christian Perspective as given from the Bible and does not directly represent King Saturn's own beliefs ) 
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By pooty

@Trodorne said:

@DarkKnightDetective said:

I'm a christian and I find no problem with gay people. It's just the way they are. Who the hell am I to judge them?

Quote for the win.

When it comes to religious point of view on social events followers have no right to speak for their god in any capacity. It would be like an "ants" who are talking to other "ants" about you as a human saying how you dislike individualism in the colony of ants.

In at least 4 different books of the Bible god clearly and specifically states how he feels about a specific "social event". So we know exactly how he feels on the subject.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By willpayton
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#117  Edited By Lvenger
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By willpayton

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@WillPayton said:

Gays did it!

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/christian-preacher-blames-gays-hurricane-sandy291012

"Chaplain John McTernan has said God's judgment of gays caused the hurricane nearing the east coast of the United States"

Was thinking something like this was coming.

Its just pathetic really.

Happens every time. Same thing with Japan earthquake/tsunami, same thing with Indian Ocean one that killed 230,000 people.

Dont worry though. If God kills you in a storm, or tsunami, it's because he loves you... so, very, much. And, once you're good and killed, you'll have all eternity to tell him how awesome he is.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#119  Edited By HolySerpent

@Darkknightde then your not a true Christian then. Yes gay people should have equal rights. But you can't support gays rights while claiming to be true Christian.

I have to agree

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120  Edited By Kal'smahboi
Apologies for the late responses. I had a pretty busy weekend.

@pooty: The Bible was collected by the institutions that I'm referring to. I don't think that reading the Bible is necessary to be a Christian.

@soduh2: I did not mean to place the creed as the central authority, but as a general outline of what Christians believe. Obviously "one holy apostolic church" was the part I was referring to when I said that only MOST of it was universally agreed upon.

@lykopis: Thanks. I understand the confusion around what I'm saying because it's very against the accepted paradigm. I'm atheistic, myself, but I thought that I had a pretty sound line of logic for those trying to reconcile these two beliefs.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By willpayton

Christian love!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/29/westboro-baptist-church-hurricane-sandy-east-coast_n_2039564.html

"Hurricane Sandy is hitting 21 years to the day of the Perfect Storm of October 20, 1991 [sic]," McTernan writes on his blog. The anti-LGBT minister continued, "It appears that God gave America 21 years to repent of interfering with His prophetic plan for Israel; however, it has gotten worse under all the presidents and especially Obama. Obama is 100 percent behind the Muslim Brotherhood which has vowed to destroy Israel and take Jerusalem. Both candidates are pro-homosexual and are behind the homosexual agenda. America is under political judgment and the church does not know it!"

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By soduh2

@Kal'smahboi:

"The Bible was collected by the institutions that I'm referring to. I don't think that reading the Bible is necessary to be a Christian."

Only if you have access to the knowledge of the 1st century church. Otherwise, the Bible is not only necessary but vital (as it is a collection of writings that came from the first century).

"I did not mean to place the creed as the central authority, but as a general outline of what Christians believe. Obviously "one holy apostolic church" was the part I was referring to when I said that only MOST of it was universally agreed upon."

You cannot seperate scripture from the creed.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@soduh2: K I'm really really done talking about this. It's clear that I have nothing more to gain from this discussion.
soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By soduh2

@Kal'smahboi said:

@soduh2: K I'm really really done talking about this. It's clear that I have nothing more to gain from this discussion.

Alright

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125  Edited By SuperTide

happy christians are cool

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By CapFanboy

@soduh2 said:

@Kal'smahboi:

"The Bible was collected by the institutions that I'm referring to. I don't think that reading the Bible is necessary to be a Christian."

Only if you have access to the knowledge of the 1st century church. Otherwise, the Bible is not only necessary but vital (as it is a collection of writings that came from the first century).

"I did not mean to place the creed as the central authority, but as a general outline of what Christians believe. Obviously "one holy apostolic church" was the part I was referring to when I said that only MOST of it was universally agreed upon."

You cannot seperate scripture from the creed.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@WillPayton said:

Gays did it!

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/christian-preacher-blames-gays-hurricane-sandy291012

"Chaplain John McTernan has said God's judgment of gays caused the hurricane nearing the east coast of the United States"

Was thinking something like this was coming.

Its just pathetic really.

Happens every time. Same thing with Japan earthquake/tsunami, same thing with Indian Ocean one that killed 230,000 people.

Dont worry though. If God kills you in a storm, or tsunami, it's because he loves you... so, very, much. And, once you're good and killed, you'll have all eternity to tell him how awesome he is.

Thats the hypocrisy of religion right there.

I would rather take my chances in hell than spend an eternity with him.

Avatar image for thisguyisgoingtoheaven
Thisguyisgoingtoheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This the stupidest group of uneducated morons I've ever read. Both side that I've seen here are stupid and wrong. You people don't even know nor understand what your reading. This page is now deemed a waste of energy time and life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@thisguyisgoingtoheaven: this hasn't been used in over 2 years.

He is trolling... look at his post count and the fact he has not avatar. This is not by any means an established user even of the least.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is that some Christians unfortunately don't accept the Bible as being altogether authoritative. The Bible clearly speaks out against homosexuality and same-sex marriage; certain individuals choose to reject this teaching for their own purposes, though.