• 86 results
#1 Posted by YoungJustice (6887 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk about it live with your fellow viners! Minus me of course, who really doesnt give a fluck, since I can't vote.

#2 Posted by Samimista (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not watching it but I can hear my parents are in the living room. Hard to believe soon will be voting time.

#3 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Its my first election

#4 Posted by Samimista (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Its my first election

Mine won't be until next election. Not sure if I will be voting for that one though.

#5 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise:

Mine too. Last election I was a few months too young to register.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
Mitt Romney trying to stick with Barack Obama ?
#7 Posted by AssertingValor (5412 posts) - - Show Bio

oh boy, election threads again.........

#8 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor debating with Bizarro, with the Penguin overseeing the whole thing. I don't think those voters are undecided, if they had any sense they should be scared.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:

Lex Luthor debating with Bizarro, with the Penguin overseeing the whole thing. I don't think those voters are undecided, if they had any sense they should be scared.

question... who is Lex Luthor and who is Bizarro ?
#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama is a master with words.

#11 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: Luthor's the rich white guy with the red tie, and Bizarro's the one who's been doing his best attempting to help but really isn't...

#12 Posted by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:

@King Saturn: Luthor's the rich white guy with the red tie, and Bizarro's the one who's been doing his best attempting to help but really isn't...

ah... very nice.
#13 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

And a failure at being a president

#14 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@Xanni15 said:

I knew you'd reply. :]

#15 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@utotheg38 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Couldn't Resist

:D

#16 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@utotheg38 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Couldn't Resist

lol

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38 said:

@Xanni15 said:

ha ha... messed up but sort of true.
#18 Edited by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@utotheg38 said:

@Xanni15 said:

ha ha... messed up but sort of true.

I was gonna go with a slave to the white man

#19 Posted by YoungJustice (6887 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama has a creppy smile.......

#20 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Romney, Boy...

#21 Edited by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
@YoungJustice said:

that's not a creepy smile... that's the smile you do to hold in your internal thoughts when you really are thinking this.... 
"N!GGA, YOU BULLSH!TTING"
#22 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@YoungJustice said:

that's not a creepy smile... that's the smile you do to hold in your internal thoughts when you really are thinking this....

Or

"Kiss my azz, I got the n!gga's and Latinos on lock"

#23 Posted by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38 said:

@King Saturn said:

@YoungJustice said:

Or

"Kiss my azz, I got the n!gga's and Latinos on lock"

dang... now that is something.
#24 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed

XD

#25 Posted by Prince_RehteStroC (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: I agree Obama sucks but Romney's a total tool as well.

#26 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Prince_RehteStroC said:

no doubt about IT.

#27 Posted by JediXMan (31252 posts) - - Show Bio

Missed it. I have it ready to record later tonight when it's rerun.

#28 Posted by Strafe Prower (11888 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care enough to watch.

Could that come back and bite me later? It's very possible.

#29 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

:0

#30 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Prince_RehteStroC said:

Well there's no one else to vote for now but those two. Who did you want to win the GOP?

#31 Posted by Prince_RehteStroC (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSecondOpinion said:

@Prince_RehteStroC said:

Well there's no one else to vote for now but those two. Who did you want to win the GOP?

I thought Ron Paul, Jon Huntsman, and Gary Johnson all had good qualities about them. At least they differentiated themselves from the others.

#32 Posted by nick_hero22 (7090 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama lost this one, but I believe he lost is a key part of his strategy to use Romney's arrogance against himself.

#33 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't been very impressed with Romney as of late, but he did surprisingly well in the debate. Obama kept on looking down like he was updating his Facebook status, or something.

#34 Posted by RoboShark (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Obama kept on looking down like he was updating his Facebook status, or something.

lol

#35 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I only saw some of it, like the first 40-45 minutes; but what I saw was interesting. Romney seemed to be making lots of sense, and put in some clever jabs at Obama as well, while Obama kept doing exactly what Romney accused him of doing, quoting false things and saying it over and over, most notably the whole "5 trillion tax cut" thing that Romney said was completely untrue.

Overall, my thoughts about Obama were confirmed, he's a total tool and moron, and Romney seemed pretty cool to me. Less government spending, please! We don't need the federal government to give us more teachers. We need universities to do that for us, like they're supposed to. What the heck am I paying all this tuition for if they're not even the ones hiring the professors anymore?

#36 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Its my first election

Mine too. Romney owned that debate meaning he has been cleaned up after all his screw ups before hand. Obama looked tired, which is never a good sign going into an election, but even though I don't think Obama has been a great president, but most of I've heard from Romney has certainly not appealed to me.

#37 Posted by RoboShark (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Romney going to close the millionaire loop hole on himself? Can he un-bail out is company Bain? Doubt it.

#38 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh oh...here comes the flame wars!

I thought Romney debated surprisingly well. Actually I'd say he did a better job than Obama, who was off his game tonight. Not his smoothest debate. Very out of character.

Economically, both men seem like they have good ideas. I don't have enough knowledge of economics to judge their policies but both seemed like they could work. I think this is an issue where no matter who wins, they need to take some ideas from both sides.

But with medical reform, education, foreign policy, and social issues I think Obama is the better choice. With health care, Romney couldn't seem to explain his plan, which seemed to be because his plan was going to be very similar to Obama's. He obviously isn't going to want to depict it that way, but he wanted to use the same model that Obama used for his plan. And he wouldn't let go of the "panels" thing, which Obama explained as Romney just not being correctly informed on.

Education wise, I can't say that I love the idea of the government paying for student loans, it's a lot of spending. But I can't justify the idea that people would be deprived of an education of a higher caliber just because they couldn't pay for them. It just seems so elitist, that if you can't get your mommy and daddy to pay for your college, sucks you can't go. Plus that would totally contradict the idea of better educating Americans and helping their job placement opportunities.

They didn't really discuss foreign policy tonight, but based on the fact that Obama is a very diplomatic and rational person who is very well spoken and has 4 years of experience with dealing with these foreign leaders, I'd say he's more qualified. I don't know how well Romney would be received by other nations. He is struggling to impress many americans as it is. Plus how would he interact with more radical leftist leaders, such as Brazil's female, feminist leader Dilma Rousseff? And he doesn't really strike me as much of a militaristic leader, but then again, neither does Obama.

Social issues didn't get discussed either so it's hard to know what they'll say. We know most of Obama's stances are pretty liberal, and I tend to agree with him on marriage equality and women's rights to be treated as equal human beings. Romney doesn't seem like a radical social conservative though. He seems like he'd play the part to get the Republican votes he already has, but I think it'd be a better strategy to appear more moderate socially to appeal to the independents. Unfortunately his running mate, Paul Ryan is really really really socially conservative. I think we'd see too much social backpeddling with Romney.

I admit I'm liberal, so I may be biased but I try really hard to see things from both perspectives and to weed out biased bullshit when I see it. I would like to hear more from third party candidates, I'm very tired of this Democrat/Republican divide. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson and even Ron Paul have a lot of interesting ideas that are going ignored. I don't think Romney would be a terrible president. Especially compared to the disasters that were options in the spring (Santorum). But my current interests would be better served by Obama.

#39 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

I only saw some of it, like the first 40-45 minutes; but what I saw was interesting. Romney seemed to be making lots of sense, and put in some clever jabs at Obama as well, while Obama kept doing exactly what Romney accused him of doing, quoting false things and saying it over and over, most notably the whole "5 trillion tax cut" thing that Romney said was completely untrue.

Unfortunately both men were guilty of this. I thought Obama should've backed off on that point too. But Romney claimed Massachussetts was #1 in schools, which is untrue. Us here in Maryland are #1 for the fourth year in a row. And He also said "we have best health record in the world" but we are 37th according to the UN.

#40 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

Unfortunately both men were guilty of this. I thought Obama should've backed off on that point too. But Romney claimed Massachussetts was #1 in schools, which is untrue. Us here in Maryland are #1 for the fourth year in a row. And He also said "we have best health record in the world" but we are 37th according to the UN.

He could be referring to the fact that there's Harvard and MIT in Massachussetts, which are two of the top universities in the world.

I don't know about this, but maybe he had a different source? Of course it's possible that it's just conjecture, like "America is the best country ever".

#41 Posted by RoboShark (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

Uh oh...here comes the flame wars!

lol Honestly I was expecting Romney to bomb the debate (not in a good way.) Obviously people were impressed by his performance. He wasn't horrible, true. People keep saying he won it, but Obama had the facts. I prefer facts. If Romney had the facts I'd give him props.

#42 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

He could be referring to the fact that there's Harvard and MIT in Massachussetts, which are two of the top universities in the world.

I don't know about this, but maybe he had a different source? Of course it's possible that it's just conjecture, like "America is the best country ever".

I assume it was more an attempt at sensationalism. But it still wasn't true. And we're still behind University of Cambridge in that regard as well, even though we do outnumber them in the Top 10 slots by 1.

He was obviously trying to be Pro-America and really dig in those hard core right winger votes. Especially with the god comments he brought in almost out of the blue. But he already has those votes because those are the people that are irrationally anti-Obama. He should be focusing on the independents and the undecideds if he wants to win. But social policy is what is going to win over those votes and that'll give Obama an edge

#43 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

I assume it was more an attempt at sensationalism. But it still wasn't true. And we're still behind University of Cambridge in that regard as well, even though we do outnumber them in the Top 10 slots by 1.

He was obviously trying to be Pro-America and really dig in those hard core right winger votes. Especially with the god comments he brought in almost out of the blue. But he already has those votes because those are the people that are irrationally anti-Obama. He should be focusing on the independents and the undecideds if he wants to win. But social policy is what is going to win over those votes and that'll give Obama an edge

Wait, so if someone's against Obama it's irrational? :|

I pride myself on being very rational in all matters that don't concern my immediate family (from whom all my emotional irrationality has stemmed).

#44 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

I pride myself on being very rational in all matters that don't concern my immediate family (from whom all my emotional irrationality has stemmed).

No no no no no. Not what i said! I said hard core right wingers that are irrationally against Obama. I was referring to the radical conservatives who refuse to view the other side because they hate Obama so much for no good reason. People can disagree with his politics all they want and as long as they know what they're talking about that would be a rational dislike for Obama. A lot of Republicans instantly disagree with the president just because he said it. They are the people who will vote for Romney just to not vote for Obama.

Conservatives who take the time to hear him out are totally rational people.

#45 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

No no no no no. Not what i said! I said hard core right wingers that are irrationally against Obama. I was referring to the radical conservatives who refuse to view the other side because they hate Obama so much for no good reason. People can disagree with his politics all they want and as long as they know what they're talking about that would be a rational dislike for Obama. A lot of Republicans instantly disagree with the president just because he said it. They are the people who will vote for Romney just to not vote for Obama.

Conservatives who take the time to hear him out are totally rational people.

Oh yeah!? *shouts angrily*

:P

In all honesty though, I can't see much good that Obama's done. I remember he did something useful or said something intelligent/helpful recently but I can't even remember what it was, it just wasn't enough to make him worth it in my eyes. :\

#46 Edited by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama will be our president for another term, so have fun saying how he failed on a comic forum while you deal with the reality of 4 more years. 

#47 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

In all honesty though, I can't see much good that Obama's done. I remember he did something useful or said something intelligent/helpful recently but I can't even remember what it was, it just wasn't enough to make him worth it in my eyes. :\

I mean he had Bin Laden killed*, that was a big deal. Ended Don't Ask Don't Tell. That was pretty big. He's been working towards medical reform with Obamacare and he's been working towards the end of the war in the middle east. Unfortunately you're not wrong in the fact that he hasn't gotten as much done as he promised. But he does meet a lot of conflict with the other side who refuse to cross the aisle to work with him in a lot of cases. I am not going to say that his presidency has been a wild success or a complete failure. It's been a difficult presidency, he came into it with a tanking economy and hasn't been able to do much about it. The economy is cyclical and will probably be on the up by the next election no matter who wins in November. But this website is also helpful in case you have questions about the past four years:

http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

#48 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@minigunman123 said:

I mean he had Bin Laden killed*, that was a big deal. Ended Don't Ask Don't Tell. That was pretty big. He's been working towards medical reform with Obamacare and he's been working towards the end of the war in the middle east. Unfortunately you're not wrong in the fact that he hasn't gotten as much done as he promised. But he does meet a lot of conflict with the other side who refuse to cross the aisle to work with him in a lot of cases. I am not going to say that his presidency has been a wild success or a complete failure. It's been a difficult presidency, he came into it with a tanking economy and hasn't been able to do much about it. The economy is cyclical and will probably be on the up by the next election no matter who wins in November. But this website is also helpful in case you have questions about the past four years:

http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

Well, still, many of those things I don't think are so necessary or make him a good president. But that's still not quite the topic of this thread, so let's get back to it; overall, what I saw of the debate seemed to indicate Romney knew his stuff and knew what he was planning to help the country with better than Obama did. I've heard bad things about Romney, but from what I heard and saw the guy is pretty great, and well clued in.

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@minigunman123 said:

what I saw of the debate seemed to indicate Romney knew his stuff and knew what he was planning to help the country with better than Obama did. I've heard bad things about Romney, but from what I heard and saw the guy is pretty great, and well clued in.

I don't think the debate showed that all. I have no idea what Romney is even planning to do about many things because instead of telling Obama he was wrong about what he was saying about his plans and then thoroughly explaining what he is ACTUALLY going to do he told Obama he was wrong but didn't give any real reasons why, he was very vague about alot of important things.
#50 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Obama will be our president for another term, so have fun saying how he failed on a comic forum while you deal with the reality of 4 more years.

I been said Obama gets another term, lol. People needa heed Vance, he knows what's up.