• 72 results
#1 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

To anyone who follows or supports a team within EPL, this thread is for you. 

Come on gunners 

#2 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

This week table

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 4 2 0 0 8 0 2 0 0 9 1 16 12
2 Arsenal 4 2 0 0 10 1 1 1 0 3 2 10 10
3 Man Utd 4 2 0 0 6 0 0 2 0 5 5 6 8
4 Blackpool 4 0 1 0 2 2 2 0 1 6 6 0 7
5 Birmingham 4 1 1 0 2 1 0 2 0 4 4 1 6
6 Fulham 4 1 1 0 4 3 0 2 0 2 2 1 6
7 Aston Villa 4 2 0 0 4 0 0 0 2 1 8 -3 6
8 Man City 4 1 1 0 4 1 0 1 1 0 1 2 5
9 Wolverhampton 4 1 1 0 3 2 0 1 1 2 3 0 5
10 Sunderland 4 1 1 0 3 2 0 1 1 1 2 0 5
11 Tottenham 4 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 3 2 0 5
12 Bolton 4 0 2 0 2 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 5
13 Liverpool 4 1 1 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 3 -2 5
14 Newcastle 4 1 0 1 6 2 0 1 1 1 4 1 4
15 Blackburn 4 1 0 1 2 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1 4
16 West Brom 4 1 1 0 2 1 0 0 2 0 7 -6 4
17 Wigan 4 0 1 2 1 11 1 0 0 1 0 -9 4
18 Stoke 4 1 0 1 3 3 0 0 2 1 4 -3 3
19 Everton 4 0 2 0 4 4 0 0 2 0 2 -2 2
20 West Ham 4 0 0 2 2 6 0 0 2 0 6 -10 0
 Damn you Chelsea 
#3 Posted by JCJQLB (2788 posts) - - Show Bio

What is that? Premier league?

#4 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope to god Arsenal dont burn out again like they did last season. They are genuine title contenders.

#5 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB said:
" What is that? Premier league? "
Fotbal. Or soccer as you yanks put it.
#6 Posted by JCJQLB (2788 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch: Oh... Soccer!
#7 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB said:
" @texasdeathmatch: Oh... Soccer! "
haha I'm actually from New Jersey, but yes, soccer.
#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB said:
" What is that? Premier league? "
Premier League is the name of the football or soccer championship in England.
#9 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
@Acer:
seconeded. Seriously another year with chelsea or man u winning the title=Boring  
#10 Posted by JCJQLB (2788 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: @ComicMan24: Okay! Thanks Guys! I'm not a really an expert in soccer... I only know David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo!
#11 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate:  Lol so true, and my entire family other than me supports Man U. I miss the days of Bergkamp, Pires ect. That was an insane team.
#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB: Neither am I. I only watch it occasionally.
#13 Posted by JCJQLB (2788 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: ;D
#14 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
@Acer:  

The invincibles one the greatest teams to grace the EPL. If only their egos didn't get too big, they could have stayed and help the current team.
A family of Man Utd Fans? Wow, at least at the current time, you can brag about being above them for now. 
#15 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Man U
#16 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19759 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOHOO GO ARSENAL ! ♥

#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
" @Acer:  
      The invincibles one the greatest teams to grace the EPL. If only their egos didn't get too big, they could have stayed and help the current team. A family of Man Utd Fans? Wow, at least at the current time, you can brag about being above them for now.  "
Awesome team, indeed.
#18 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a Gooner & just watched a classic desplay by them tonight in the Champions League..Arsenal 6 Braga 0
Review of the match from the BBC sports website

#19 Edited by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Arsenal vs barcelona 2-1 
I don't care if we lose in the second leg, at least I'm alive to see a arsenal team beat barcelona          
#21 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Arsenal! yeah! ^_^

#22 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8148 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
"Arsenal vs barcelona 2-1 I don't care if we lose in the second leg, at least I'm alive to see a arsenal team beat barcelona           "

No Way they beat Barcelona. i was Rippen i missed it last night ;/
#23 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
"@Death Certificate said:
"Arsenal vs barcelona 2-1 I don't care if we lose in the second leg, at least I'm alive to see a arsenal team beat barcelona           "
No Way they beat Barcelona. i was Rippen i missed it last night ;/ "

Arshavin finished off a swift Arsenal move for the winner

Believe it ;)
#24 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8148 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate:
Niceeeeeee but Don't tell me anymore have it recorded plan to watch today :D
#25 Posted by .o0Johnny0o. (744 posts) - - Show Bio

Before this becomes an Arsenal love-fest I've gotta throw in my hat as a Man U fan.  Derby? Tough game? Pfft, bicycle kick your way past it.  I saw the last twenty minutes of the Liverpool Sparta Prague game... It was a boring inter-euro club at it's worst.

So do Arsenal have a chance to get the title this year? I think its a possibility.  Wenger thinks so with him putting full strength team against Wolves days before the Barca match.  United just have to not fudge it up.  But United have two games against Chelsea and (what I think's really the decider: one against Arsenal at Emirates)  Arsenal have easier games coming up but United seem to be doing their typical thing of playing alrightish for the first two thirds of the season then leaving the last third to pull off a win.

Also, do you think anyone besides who's in the bottom three at the moment are going down this year?

#26 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappointed with the result today for Liverpool.

#27 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
@.o0Johnny0o.: Thanks for the thumbs up,  
on paper chelsea are hard team, but if we are talking about consistency, then man utd could take them,  
maybe west brom or blackpool.

@Supreme Marvel:

Was carrol even playing yesterday?

#28 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

Iam a united fan , cue the hate coming my way.  Top of the league even playing quite average most of the season so far.  Thing iwth arsenal is they can only play one way and they always seem to say next year if they dont win anything its been 5 years already need to get something soon or they in dnager of slipping behnind the likes of spurs and city.

#29 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
"@Supreme Marvel:Was carrol even playing yesterday?    "
No, he was there for training. To get to know the team. After watching the Arsenal vs Barcelona match, I was hoping to see another great match. How disappointed I was to watch my own team fail to impress.
#30 Posted by Little Sparrow (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @Death Certificate said:
No, he was there for training. To get to know the team. After watching the Arsenal vs Barcelona match, I was hoping to see another great match. How disappointed I was to watch my own team fail to impress. "

I don't think Carrol is due back to play till March
#31 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:

"  Iam a united fan , cue the hate coming my way.  Top of the league even playing quite average most of the season so far."

I'm a born and bred Liverpool fan.

"Thing iwth arsenal is they can only play one way and they always seem to say next year if they dont win anything its been 5 years already need to get something soon or they in dnager of slipping behnind the likes of spurs and city."

I still believe Arsenal are better than United. It's just United get the right results against the lower teams.
#32 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@Little Sparrow said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @Death Certificate said:
No, he was there for training. To get to know the team. After watching the Arsenal vs Barcelona match, I was hoping to see another great match. How disappointed I was to watch my own team fail to impress. "
 I don't think Carrol is due back to play till March "
He's targeting the United game to return. Fingers crossed.
#33 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:
Well we can hope that the second leg will better 
#34 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  my resoponce to Arsenal being better would simply be playing nice football isnt winning them anything. United maybe scrappy but we have won alot of stuff in tha last 5 years and lets not forget  sub 3 years ago we where the best offensive team in the league with rooney tevez and ronaldo.
#35 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @Supreme Marvel:  my resoponce to Arsenal being better would simply be playing nice football isnt winning them anything. United maybe scrappy but we have won alot of stuff in tha last 5 years and lets not forget  sub 3 years ago we where the best offensive team in the league with rooney tevez and ronaldo. "
That's " were", not where. :P Tevez and Ronaldo aren't at your club any more.  And like I said, you get the important victories which is why you win leagues. My position on Arsenal being the better team, still stands.
#36 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  since its your opinion i wont argue it. All i will say is the history books would back united as being better due them having their name on trophies. I respect Wengers approach to football but his team should have won something major in the last 5 years not winning a single major trophhy in that time is an underachivement in my eyes.
#37 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
" @Supreme Marvel: Well we can hope that the second leg will better  "
Hopefully, take no offence to this, because Arsenal are my 2nd favourite English, but Barcelona are my 2nd favourite team world wide. I want Barcelona to win, but I still want an exciting game.
#38 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @Supreme Marvel:  since its your opinion i wont argue it. All i will say is the history books would back united as being better due them having their name on trophies. I respect Wengers approach to football but his team should have won something major in the last 5 years not winning a single major trophhy in that time is an underachivement in my eyes. "
I agree, the team they have should win trophies. The only thing I can see them winning anything this year is the Premiership.
#39 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  No arguemnets from me on that we have a mouch tougher run to the end of the season and i could see us dropping some points. I think they will beat Birmigham as well in the final of Carling cup thou as well.
#40 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent:  Barcerlona went through  6 years with out trophies, alot teams including yours had gone through periods of not winning anything. Things like this are normal in terms of sports.  
@Supreme Marvel:

None taken, at least can agree the match should one to remember :) 
#41 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @Supreme Marvel:  No arguemnets from me on that we have a mouch tougher run to the end of the season and i could see us dropping some points. I think they will beat Birmigham as well in the final of Carling cup thou as well. "
I think our game will be hard. Hopefully Carroll will be back for that.  Hopefully we can get that 4th spot at the expense of Chelsea. :D
#42 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  its what Carroll is aiming his come back for. It should be a good game if both teams show up. United have been very hard to predict of late other than being  scrappy.  I think spurs may still nick 4th myslef  they dont have that tough a run excpet for two games. But you never know that 6 points is gonna go along way this year.
#43 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @Supreme Marvel:  its what Carroll is aiming his come back for. It should be a good game if both teams show up. United have been very hard to predict of late other than being  scrappy.  I think spurs may still nick 4th myslef  they dont have that tough a run excpet for two games. But you never know that 6 points is gonna go along way this year. "
Same with us. We've been up and down. I think Spurs have the ability too. Gonna be difficult.
#44 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  i felt sorry for hodgeson , his signing Meireles has shown his true clas of late could of saved him his job if he played like taht before.
#45 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: I have mixed feelings. I think it was a bad idea to have him from the start because I don't think he could handle that level of pressure.
#46 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  he has manged big clubs before , and  you can now see how right he was getting  Meireles . But yopur right i think the board where on his case, something kenny wont really have to worry about. 
#47 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

soccer? nope sorry not interested

#48 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

To chelsea

#49 Edited by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Chelsea.... Drew with my beloved Arsenal back in the premiership then proceeded to hold Barca to a draw and win by aggregate.... Dammit! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

#50 Posted by Thee_Champion (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm a Barca fan through and through, I have to commend Chelsea for their effort even though they only won because Messi missed the penalty. I'm backing them to win the Champions League. Better them than Madrid or Bayern.