• 52 results
#1 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so I am going to be reviewing the Alien and Predator franchise. Or at least the Predator films. Which I am starting off with because I like the Predators better.

So how many governors/political candidates can you stick in the middle of the jungle and watch them all slowly and methodically get hunted down, killed and made into trophies by an extraterrestrial hunter? Eh well this film might be the closest we ever get :) Anyway moving on.

The intro of this film sets things up in a rather simple manner but an effective one too. We first see an alien ship orbiting earth as it launches a separate pod down to the planet. Then we see an helicopter land and see the team that are about to go into the jungle and never come out again. It is an interesting contrast that we see both Dutch and the extraction team and the Predator craft landing as if to show both parties from their starting before they are about to enter each others worlds.

And then of course we are treated to the wonderfully done Predator theme. Its easily one of the best movie themes composed and does a great job of setting the atmosphere up.

So Dutch and his team are sent in for a rescue mission or "rescue mission" yea >_>...... rescue mission <_<.

Anyway we are introduced to Dutch's team on the helicopter ride. Who are an interesting bunch and are pretty memorable. They have their own unique characteristics but then all also do a decent job of being genuine military personnel. Everyone who has seen this film likely has their favourites from the team. My two are Mac and Blain.

The film spends a fair amount of time to let us get at least somewhat familiar with the team. And it does a good job of building up a fair amount of tension. Especially when things start looking a little shifty and when they find skinned bodies hanging upside down.... even hardened soldiers like them are a little freaked and spooked.

It is quickly established that this is not your standard run of the mill action film.

And especially when we are first shown the now iconic thermal vision, from the Predators perspective. It just manages to eclipse the entire outlook of the situation when we know that it is watching their every move. The thermal scenes are such a simple yet extremely effective way to allows us to gain the perspective of the hunter and how he views the interactions between Dutch and his team. It just adds a whole different insight to this film and of course to the character who the film is named after. It shows us that this creature is sentient and what his intentions are.

And whilst this film manages to be something deeper than just your average action film. It does of course have its fair share of action scenes. The first action scene is where Dutch and his team plan an ambush. This scene is very well done. It feels more real and gritty, it makes you feel like that the team are soldiers and this is what they do. As opposed to them being "heroes" or "the good guys". It helps paint a more neutral picture of them. And I guess helps us to view them more as the Predator would, as "killers of men" and " worthy prey" that kind of thing. During the fight they find a girl and decide to take her as a hostage.

Dutch also finds out about the entire thing being a set up and his old chum Dillon was the one who "put them in a meat grinder" to quote the movie. But perhaps the most important part of this entire scene is that we realize the Predator has been watching them, to determine if they are worthy to hunt or not. And yeah they obviously are.

We also find out that the Predator records what people say which they use in an attempt to trap them. Further adding more of the creatures chilling nature.

And this a screenshot of when we first actually see part of the creature as it picks up the scorpion that Mac got off of Dillon's back. This again is another notable shot not just for being the first time we see the Predator but helps us to gain more of the aliens perspective.

From this point the film pretty much heats up as the Predator officially begins his hunt of Dutch and his team.

We first see the creature better or at least that it has a cloaking field of some sort to blend in. Again we are given a little bit more of a peak of the creature bit by bit. This allows us to build up an image of what it might be like, it builds up tension. It also shows just how out of their depth this team of highly trained individuals are.

After taking out Blain with its plasma caster. Mac in shock and awe is the first one to properly spot the Predator. As it flashes its yellow eyes at him. Almost as if to play mind games. To even make itself appear as a ghoul or a demon, to play on their superstitions.

Soon the rest of the team start firing at the trees in an attempt to take down this invisible killer. They then begin to understand that they may not be dealing with any regular solider. We also see that the Predator bleeds and it bleeds green glow in the dark blood of all things.

We are also given our first proper look at what the Predator actually looks like when he uses a medical kit. So here we are given more than just a hint of what he is like and an actual shot of him.

So they then come to the realization they cannot communicate for evac and are pretty much on their own now.

As they set up camp for the night Mac reminisces about his time with Blain in the military. Again this scene helps to further humanize the characters and bring them down to earth. Blain's body is actually taken by the Predator so he can claim it as a trophy for another kill.

So they decide to set up traps and to try and take the Predator down instead. Which I guess is worth a shot.

Anna (the now former hostage) Gives an interesting speech how the Predator hunts when it is hot and how that the people in her village found bodies skinned and also much, much worse.

The Predator shows up yet again to continue the hunt.

Mac is taken out next, I am just going to say he get a hair cut he really didn't need. Dillon is then the next lamb to the slaughter and lets just say he could have done with a hand.

Billy is the next to go. Though he basically sort of had it coming. Since we he stands ready to take the Predator on man to alien. We only hear his bloodcurdling scream. So we can be sure the whole honuorable warrior thing did not fare too well for him.

Poncho is then taken out with a Plasma Caster head shot. The Predator then proceeds to hit Dutch in the shoulder as he screams probably the most quoted quote from this film "GO! GET TO DA CHOPPA!" (Come on you cant expect me not to quote that in my Predator review it would be unfair to assure otherwise)

And the wound on his arm looks very painful with all the flesh pealing off very good job. Speaking of the gore in general in the film. It is not overplayed the kill scenes are quite hard hitting and have a decent amount of gore. But they are toned down and aren't over the top. The gore/ kill scenes are just perfect.

As Dutch attempts to escape the Predator and ends up falling in a river. The Predator jumps in after him. But his cloaking field is interrupted and sees the Predator in all its glory. But Dutch realizes he cannot see him due to the fact he is covered in mud which manages to cover his heat signature. This scene is cleverly done since the first time Dutch fully sees the Predator, the Predator cannot actually see Dutch. He is now invisible whilst the Predator is visible. Really nice touch of irony.

With his new found advantage Dutch sets up traps. I do like the contrast between both Dutch's and the Predator's weaponry. Whilst the Predator relies on high tech weaponry that is far more advanced than any of that on earth, Dutch instead relies on his surroundings to make traps, out of the forrest and arms himself with a spear, a bow and arrows.

We are also treated to the now classic spine and skull ripping scene from the Predator.

And so the final battle between man and beast begins.

The fight is very well done. And Dutch uses his invisibility to his advantage. Drawing the Predator out. It is a very balanced fight. Whilst Dutch has the current advantage the Predator is still shown to be something to be reckoned with. Even when fighting blind. Again this early part of the fight seen is not your typical action film fight, it is alot more well thought out, it moves at a slower pace. With both hunters trying to seek the other out. The fight plays alot more on the tension aspect. With a good balance of action and tension.

All seems to be going swimmingly for Dutch until, well until he has to take a swim. And the Predator has his hand around his neck and it looks like it's game over man, game over (oh yeah wrong franchise,right then)

So the Predator then turns and looks as if he is going to walk away. But nope. Instead the Predator gives us the best monster reveal in movie history.

Followed by from Dutch the best reaction to that reveal in movie history. Pred then goes to town on Dutch. Just showing how physically superior he is. And again we still have the POV shots from the Pred but this time we get to see how he actually sees without the bio mask.

But Dutch manages to crawl away and attempt's to goad the Predator into a trap. But he aint having any of it and goes around the trap. Dutch then ceases his chance and drops a log tied up in the air onto the Pred.

Dutch is about to drop a rock onto him but then sees how injured he is. Dutch then ask "What the hell are you?". The Predator replies with the same question. This is a very potent scene. And gives us some more understanding how the Predator may view humans and humanity. In the sense that whilst the characters all the way through the film have viewed the Predator as a brutal hunter, the Predator has also viewed humans and has viewed them in a similar way and how Dutch in particular has fared against him and throughout the film . This again is another reason why we maybe given shots from the Predators point of view. To show that he is not just a mindless monster but an intelligent, sentient creature but whilst also very different and alien to humans.

The Predator then begins to activate his bomb, to commit honorable suicide. Also adding a very chilling laugh. Just listen to it for yourself above.

So the bomb goes off, Dutch survives and he and Anna are picked up by a helicopter. And that is how the film ends.

Overall this is a spectacular film. It is not your standard action film it is much more than that. It lets the tension build up and when things get going the film doesn't let up. The Predator is perfectly done and there is a great deal of attention and effort worked in to make the Predator more than just your average monster. Do yourselves a favour and give this film a watch if you have not seen it. And if you have watch it again!

Id just like to also talk a bit about the Predator since really he is the underlying focus of the film and it really is his film.

The Predator is played brilliantly by Kevin Peter Hall who not only had the right towering stature for the character but was also able to act well, putting thought into how the alien would move and act.

Also just the design of it. It is one of the best monster designs by far. And considering that it was originally going to look like this:

Yeah I don't want to imagine that in the film either. Such a radical change and it has become something iconic. Stan Winston did wonders.

So I have written enough. Probably too much. But if you made it this far thank you for reading. And give me a comment. Also would you rather me do more in depth longer reviews like this? Or ones where I focus really on giving my overall views of the film.

Tell me below :)

#2 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23492 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome review, bro :D I agree with virtually all your points. Even though I like Predator 2 better, I still think Predator is a brilliant movie. My favorite part is when they cut down the forest using nothing but their guns. And who couldn't possibly forget...

Looking forward to see your next reviews on your retrospective. Are you going to review Predators and the AVP movies as well?

#4 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja: Did you read my review? Thoughts?

Awesome review, bro :D I agree with virtually all your points. Even though I like Predator 2 better, I still think Predator is a brilliant movie. My favorite part is when they cut down the forest using nothing but their guns. And who couldn't possibly forget...

Looking forward to see your next reviews on your retrospective. Are you going to review Predators and the AVP movies as well?

Thanks

Nice to see more love for Predator 2. I will be reviewing that and Predators. If I review all of the Alien films as well the AVP movies will be reviewed as well.

#5 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

It was so good that I was compelled to post a reply, I just didn't know I was supposed to congratulate you on it.

#6 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23492 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I see... I don't know why but I don't think the AVP retrospective will be as positive as this review :P

Also forgot, I don't like the original Predator design very much. I am picturing how it would be in the movie and honestly, it looks like crap. Its a good thing we got the iconic look that is so much better.

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

It was so good that I was compelled to post a reply, I just didn't know I was supposed to congratulate you on it.

Really? Wow thanks :)

I see. Well thanks for the comment.

@mrdecepticonleader: I see... I don't know why but I don't think the AVP retrospective will be as positive as this review :P

Also forgot, I don't like the original Predator design very much. I am picturing how it would be in the movie and honestly, it looks like crap. Its a good thing we got the iconic look that is so much better.

Not as positive as this review might be a bit of an understatement :)

Yep. Its thanks to practical effects too. If CGI existed like it does back then it would have being easy for em to put that in the film.

#8 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio

*scrolls down to find a score*

WHY IS THERE NO SCORE? I WANT ALL OF YOUR FEELINGS ON THE MOVIE TO BE REPRESENTED IN STARS AND NOT WORDS, DAMN IT!

When you say predator films, does that count both AvP films, too?

Staff Online
#15 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

WHY IS THERE NO SCORE? I WANT ALL OF YOUR FEELINGS ON THE MOVIE TO BE REPRESENTED IN STARS AND NOT WORDS, DAMN IT!

Ha ha I haven't being giving scores in my reviews. But Id give it 5 out of 5 if I had to score.

I really meant the three films which star only the Predator. But if I review the Alien films as well I will review the AVP films.

#16 Posted by nick_hero22 (7090 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is another good review!

"Yes. The whole movie is about repressed sexuality and the dangers of gay cruising/the AIDS epidemic (the eponymous 'predator'). Mac's compulsive shaving is an attempt to hang on to his heterosexual, masculine identity. It's no coincidence that after Blaine is perforated by the Predator's laser weapon Mac joins the other soldiers in an orgiastic barrage of gunfire and later symbolically breaks the razor whilst drawing blood. Later, Billy draws his own blood and is summarily killed. Dillon decides to 'go it alone' and also succumbs to the Predator. Dutch, the only male character to survive, covers himself in mud for protection, a clear metaphor for prophylactics. Also note the presence of Anna in certain scenes and the numerous phallic and sexual symbols (Blaire's mini-gun, the log that strikes Poncho, the Predator's vagina-like mouth, etc.). Along with Carpenter and Cronenberg's remakes of The Thing and The Fly, McTiernan's Predator is one of the '80s best sci-fi movies to take a familiar story (in this case the Beowulf poem) and use it to comment on the emergence of AIDS.

In fact you'll find sexual themes in nearly all of McTiernan's films, from the flirtatious gay parlance between Hans Gruber and John McClane in Die Hard, to a Predator-esque scenario in The 13th Warrior, to the implied incest between Simon and Hans in Die Hard With a Vengeance. I wrote my thesis on this very subject.

The storyteller keeps us in suspense about the mysterious killer’s appearance at this time because of it's important to the revelations contained within this macho "fairy" tale. All we know is that it is human shaped and very tall. At this time, Blaine, the Cowboy character (no doubt in attendance to watch over Billy, the “Red Indian”) is killed and at this point a telling occurrence is that Mac is nearly reduced to tears on the spot.

Clearly Blaine and Mac had been conducting an interracial sexual love affair. Seeing Blaine brought low, despite the size of his weapon (a giant machinegun that is powered and capable of firing hundreds of bullets – the most obvious penis reference throughout the movie) sends Mac into a frenzy as he “empties his load” into the jungle canopies. This actions symbolises the homosexual man’s inability to create life with his partner, he instead chooses to rage against mother nature, the only female form he can interact with and the one which has denied him the opportunity to create new life with his partner."

#17 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

"Yes. The whole movie is about repressed sexuality and the dangers of gay cruising/the AIDS epidemic (the eponymous 'predator'). Mac's compulsive shaving is an attempt to hang on to his heterosexual, masculine identity. It's no coincidence that after Blaine is perforated by the Predator's laser weapon Mac joins the other soldiers in an orgiastic barrage of gunfire and later symbolically breaks the razor whilst drawing blood. Later, Billy draws his own blood and is summarily killed. Dillon decides to 'go it alone' and also succumbs to the Predator. Dutch, the only male character to survive, covers himself in mud for protection, a clear metaphor for prophylactics. Also note the presence of Anna in certain scenes and the numerous phallic and sexual symbols (Blaire's mini-gun, the log that strikes Poncho, the Predator's vagina-like mouth, etc.). Along with Carpenter and Cronenberg's remakes of The Thing and The Fly, McTiernan's Predator is one of the '80s best sci-fi movies to take a familiar story (in this case the Beowulf poem) and use it to comment on the emergence of AIDS.

In fact you'll find sexual themes in nearly all of McTiernan's films, from the flirtatious gay parlance between Hans Gruber and John McClane in Die Hard, to a Predator-esque scenario in The 13th Warrior, to the implied incest between Simon and Hans in Die Hard With a Vengeance. I wrote my thesis on this very subject.

The storyteller keeps us in suspense about the mysterious killer’s appearance at this time because of it's important to the revelations contained within this macho "fairy" tale. All we know is that it is human shaped and very tall. At this time, Blaine, the Cowboy character (no doubt in attendance to watch over Billy, the “Red Indian”) is killed and at this point a telling occurrence is that Mac is nearly reduced to tears on the spot.

Clearly Blaine and Mac had been conducting an interracial sexual love affair. Seeing Blaine brought low, despite the size of his weapon (a giant machinegun that is powered and capable of firing hundreds of bullets – the most obvious penis reference throughout the movie) sends Mac into a frenzy as he “empties his load” into the jungle canopies. This actions symbolises the homosexual man’s inability to create life with his partner, he instead chooses to rage against mother nature, the only female form he can interact with and the one which has denied him the opportunity to create new life with his partner."

So you liked my review then?

Oh gods you had to post that didn't you? I am all for looking into things deeply but sometimes you can look into things too deeply and start to make assumptions that just aren't there up.

#18 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem I had with Predator or rather the Predator race is that they are a race of super hunters who kill lesser creatures (this wouldn't be a problem if not for the technological advantage possessed by the Predator). What is so spectacular about that? Give me a cloaking device and a plasma cannon and I could kill them all in 1/8 the time it took the Predator.

But I'm an Alien fanboy so I am biased... ALIENS WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST MOVIE MONSTERS

#19 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem I had with Predator or rather the Predator race is that they are a race of super hunters who kill lesser creatures (this wouldn't be a problem if not for the technological advantage possessed by the Predator). What is so spectacular about that? Give me a cloaking device and a plasma cannon and I could kill them all in 1/8 the time it took the Predator.

But I'm an Alien fanboy so I am biased... ALIENS WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST MOVIE MONSTERS

You could tell me what you think of the review as well that would be nice :) I like the feedback.

Well I explain in the review how the Predator operates and how it determined that they were worthy prey. He showed himself several times to Dutch's team. They hardly kill lesser creatures since they have been hunting humans for some time. I go over this in my review so there is no point in me repeating myself here.

#20 Posted by nick_hero22 (7090 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

So you liked my review then?

Oh gods you had to post that didn't you? I am all for looking into things deeply but sometimes you can look into things too deeply and start to make assumptions that just aren't there up.

You made a very good review, but this review is a classic :p

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Ha well classic is one way of describing it I suppose :/

#22 Posted by Samimista (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Schwarzenegger (I only spelt that right due to the picture you posted) was in a Predator movie. =O That's awesome! 0.0

#23 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I thought the review was spot on and covered everything in the movie :D

I may not like Predators as a race but this is a good movie and you go over why it is. You right pretty good reviews so don't forget to get to Aliens because I would like to read ur take on it.

#24 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review. Admittedly, I have not actually seen this movie but after reading this review I'm tempted to.

@k4tzm4n said:

Ha ha I haven't being giving scores in my reviews. But Id give it 5 out of 5 if I had to score.

I really meant the three films which star only the Predator. But if I review the Alien films as well I will review the AVP films.

To be honest, I think you should just let the review speak for itself rather than give a score. I just feel that scoring systems are a bit limiting. Like, you might give two movies both 5/5 but prefer one much more to the other the score still makes it look like you consider them about even.

#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Schwarzenegger (I only spelt that right due to the picture you posted) was in a Predator movie. =O That's awesome! 0.0

Yea he was.

@mrdecepticonleader: I thought the review was spot on and covered everything in the movie :D

I may not like Predators as a race but this is a good movie and you go over why it is. You right pretty good reviews so don't forget to get to Aliens because I would like to read ur take on it.

Ah thanks :)

Thanks, I will review the other two Predator then get to the Alien films.

Nice review. Admittedly, I have not actually seen this movie but after reading this review I'm tempted to.

@k4tzm4n said:

To be honest, I think you should just let the review speak for itself rather than give a score. I just feel that scoring systems are a bit limiting. Like, you might give two movies both 5/5 but prefer one much more to the other the score still makes it look like you consider them about even.

Oh yea it is certainly worth a watch. Yeah that is another reason I dont like to give scores. I much prefer to waffle on why I like it :)

#26 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: absolutely stunning review. I've seen the movie as a kid and I got pretty much hooked on it. Reading your "review" of it makes me feel like I'm watching these scenes you describe for the first time again. Bravo.

#27 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: absolutely stunning review. I've seen the movie as a kid and I got pretty much hooked on it. Reading your "review" of it makes me feel like I'm watching these scenes you describe for the first time again. Bravo.

Wow thank you very much :)

#28 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#29 Posted by Samimista (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Great review like always then! Have you seen The Ring? I'd like to hear your thoughts on that sometime. =O

#30 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Great review like always then! Have you seen The Ring? I'd like to hear your thoughts on that sometime. =O

Thanks! Yeah I saw it awhile ago. Will bear that in mind then

#31 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I was kidding. I actually prefer reviews without scores. That way people are forced to actually read it and discuss what matters instead of merely babbling about a number.

Staff Online
#33 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: when are you planning on reviewing Predator 2?

Did you like my review of the first?

Um and next week hopefully. Not sure if I will get it done earlier. But I want to review it next week by the latest if all goes well. Then maybe Predators either in the same week or the week after. It also depends how in depth I do them. Since this review is the one where I have gone deeper into reviewing it. So I plan to keep that style consistent with the other two Predator films.

Regarding the Alien films if I feel like re watching them then I will review them. Certainly the first two (since we all know those are the best)

#34 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@mrdirector786 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I was kidding. I actually prefer reviews without scores. That way people are forced to actually read it and discuss what matters instead of merely babbling about a number.

Yeah I hear ya, Numbers are overrated :)

#35 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Samimista (20932 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

Your welcome! It's one of my favorite movies. Even seen The Ringu which is the Japanese version. ^__^

#38 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

Your welcome! It's one of my favorite movies. Even seen The Ringu which is the Japanese version. ^__^

Yeah I remember you saying that it is :) I have not no.

#39 Edited by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant review!

#40 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#43 Edited by wildvine (10334 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Oscuro (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: solid review of the film sir. i dont really have many gripes with except you shouldve quoted more lines. ''stick around'' ''there's somethin out there and it ain't no man..we're all gonna die'' ''bunch of slack jawed faggots around here. this stuff will make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me'' etc etc. this is one of my top ten favorite films of all time because it delivers so many good lines, the action is splendid, the characters are surprisingly developed for an action film and the predator itself injected something new into the action genre. we may have similar taste in movies, idk yet. Not sure if you knew this, but the original predator was going to be a more agile, faster ninja like hunter than the classic character we know today. and it was being portrayed by none other than jean claude van damme.

#46 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro said:

@mrdecepticonleader: solid review of the film sir. i dont really have many gripes with except you shouldve quoted more lines. ''stick around'' ''there's somethin out there and it ain't no man..we're all gonna die'' ''bunch of slack jawed faggots around here. this stuff will make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me'' etc etc. this is one of my top ten favorite films of all time because it delivers so many good lines, the action is splendid, the characters are surprisingly developed for an action film and the predator itself injected something new into the action genre. we may have similar taste in movies, idk yet. Not sure if you knew this, but the original predator was going to be a more agile, faster ninja like hunter than the classic character we know today. and it was being portrayed by none other than jean claude van damme.

"If it bleeds we can kill it"

"Anytime"

"I said to her geez you got a big pussy, geez you got a big pussy" :D

Thanks alot :D

#47 Posted by Oscuro (1123 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review, Predator is awesome

#49 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I remember my childhood days.

#50 Posted by Ostyo (9370 posts) - - Show Bio